Handgun General - /hg/ - #118

I never read the instruction manual edition.

Paste bin here
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guild here
scribd.com/document/346633700/Git-Gud-k-s-Guide-to-Practicing-Defensive-Pistolcraft-Revision-1

Old thread here

Attached: ppq45.jpg (5184x3456, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

armslist.com/classifieds/search?search=sig p210 legend&location=usa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm reshuffling priorities. Preponderance of dubs decides:
Sig P210 Target
HK Mark 23
Tanfoglio Hunter 10mm
Bersa Thunder Pro XT
Tanfoglio Stock II

whats this im hearing about a new glawk? Also, the slide fails to lock back on empty with my mag extension on my g19, do I need a longer spring?

Is anyone else here a cheapskate?

I was looking over my pistols and I realized that I am.
>Heritage Rough Rider - $119 (new)
>M1895 - $89 (surplus)
>Hi-Point C9 - $170 (new; came with holster, still overpaid)
>Taurus PT111G2 - $199 (new)
>Taurus PT-22 - $199 (new)
>Bersa Thunder 380 -$200 (lightly used)
>Remington RM380 - $199 (after rebate)
>Ruger SR22 - $10 (first and so far only time I've won a raffle)

Apparently when stuff its the ~$200 mark I just can't help myself.

I`ve never seen any body ever win a raffle, good shit user

>Bersa Thunder Pro XT
I've always been curios how their other products are.

Time to fuck your shit up, Mr. Goober.
Bersa

Does anyone know of a good place to get a 1 piece light bearing appendix rig for my Walther? Bonus internet points paid in (you)s If I don't have to send my gun to them for use as a mold.

Attached: Summer and Winter Carry 4chan sized file image resolution.png (1210x2115, 3.74M)

P210

w h y t h o

because aesthetics

how often do you guys keep your guns loaded? My EDC doubles as my HD gun so after my day, Ill unload it but keep the magazines full.
It just occurred to me that the springs could be worn out

Attached: 1482277234996.jpg (337x372, 23K)

Well, are your magazines cheap?

anyone rec. a good hk gunsmith in s. calif? someone that knows trapezoidal slide shapes for hks. i probably just contact hk and complain.

What's a better 1911 for $750 or so?
>Ruger SR1911
>Springfield Loaded
>Para Elite

got around to taking this to the range today. first walther and I'm impressed.

Attached: 20180525_225316[1490].jpg (1892x1064, 781K)

Hell yeah, I half want to start a niggergat collection of all sub-$200 shitters.

I don'y have experience with Para but I like Springfield looks and Ruger aesthetics.

Attached: craig spegel grippos.jpg (1800x1200, 379K)

only relevant if you plan to upgrade later on but the sr1911 is a pain in the ass to resell; do not spend more than $600 on one

Why can't Sig just bring a classic P210 to market?
The P210 target models are fucking dirt cheap compared to original P210's, but the originals just look so much better.
I just don't understand why they don't make a classic or Legacy P210 for the same price or slightly cheaper.

Para is the best of those.

Why's that?

Good frames, good fit and finish, excellent triggers for a production 1911.

The Springfield would be my second choice, it's close to the Para in quality but has more "features" like the light rail. But the Elite is better built (if marginally) and has a better front sight.

Now you just need to decide on whether to throw your money at a Waco denying, state-betraying company or a bankruptcy filing rustington'ing company.

See I would say same but all of my handguns, while cheap, have been purchased knowing that they are reliable, well working guns that will last the test of time and round count.

>FEG Hi-Power Clone P9M - $250
>ATI FX 45 - $400
>Bulgarian Makarov - $350

These guns have done fantastic in my round count (minor exception to the FEG as it needed new parts). It fucking tilts me so hard that people compare my military handguns to cheapshit budget guns because mine actually fucking work.

People cannot seem to grasp that guns that were chosen and were proven in military service can and do outperform their civilian market guns that easily cost double the price tag.

Attached: Mypistols.jpg (360x480, 47K)

They did, the P210 Legend. I don't know if it's still in production. It's much less than the old P210s but a bit more than the brand new US made Targets.
armslist.com/classifieds/search?search=sig p210 legend&location=usa

Attached: P210-Detail-L.jpg (633x348, 26K)

I thought Remington bailed themselves out again. Does Para get affected by Remington's usual quality or are they fine?

So far they have been fine. So far they've retained the entirety of the Para staff, and Para's plant is now making all the Remington 1911 frames (which are also seemingly fine). Incidentally, while mechanically the Remington and Para 1911's are the same the Paras have better bluing, nicer triggers, and less slop from the factory. They feel and look better. I've been impressed with every Para I've touched, sure they're no Les Baer or Ed Brown but for the money it's a lot of pistol.

I don't know WTF Remington is doing. I'm not sure THEY know wtf Remington is doing.

So a Remington 1911 is good to go as well? I noticed they're pretty cheap while still being well featured and heard the build process had ties to Para.

I'd still rather a Para because of the nicer trigger and better polish job but if the price difference is significant enough, yeah they're mechanically solid, reliable pistols.

Yeah they're ok, It would be more surprising these days if a company sis fuck up a 1911, its not exactly an exotic experimental design.

I think the issue is that some people turn their nose up (consciously or subconsciously) when dealing with used (surplus) guns. Personally I'm lazy when it comes to dealing with FFL and would rather buy instore then mess with finding and contacting an FFL and all that is involved. I know that nowdays a lot of online sellers are making it easy like Buds but I still avoid online orders. That causes me to miss a lot of online surplus deals.

The local stores price surplus (whenever they actually get it) higher then I'm willing to pay due to Army buyers or Oilfield buyers being prevalent. Every once in awhile I'll see something decently priced at a pawnshop or see a sale at Cabelas/Academy. I end up buying new cheap shit when this happens but I'm not complaining, I enjoy my purchases.

new pistol. god knows when I'll get to shoot it though.

Attached: Mle 1935A.jpg (1920x1080, 691K)

Mag springs don't wear out unless you're constantly loading and unloading rounds.

user, were you going to buy that Beretta 92SB? I'm thinging about it but I don't want to take it from you, it was yours first.

I just spent 540 bucks on a compact M&P 9 2.0, did i do good Jow Forums?

MARK 23

Attached: 20180322_205501-1405x910.jpg (1405x910, 401K)

Why stock 2 over 3?
Also what caliber?

Attached: 3C51D4C1-932E-4D91-B8C6-A15F79958E28.jpg (2545x2321, 3.58M)

Should have bought HK

>Sig P210 Target
Handled the new P210 at Cabelas the other day, made me happy in the pants, but fucking SIG just doesn't lend itself to buyers confidence these days.

Anyway, but a fucking Mk23 already so we can argue over the trigger.

Bersa.

Why are you constantly fussing with chambering rounds?
>put gun in holster
>carry gun
>get home, take holstered gun out of pants
>gun is now in HD mode
>wake up, put holstered gun in new pants
I don’t understand how this is not normal for people. I see all kinds of posts about worrying about bullet set back from constant chambering and such. This has literally never been a concern for me.
Stop fucking with your shit! Just leave that shit alone!

Attached: DCDE185A-4B64-45F3-8A26-D3AFF1A22EDB.jpg (3149x3024, 3.7M)

Hunter 10mm

Attached: jMhGTc8.jpg (640x340, 25K)

>how often do you guys keep your guns loaded?
Like, 24/7? Who doesn't?

>Stop fucking with your shit!
Hey man, dry fire practice is fun and beneficial.

Anyone with a .38 casull?

Mark 23

>Nobody has gotten dubs yet
Oh for fucks sake!
Dubs == Mk23
Trips == Mk23 and a knights suppressor
Singles means Burt buys no guns for a month

Can anyone recommend me a light for my p226 tacops? Who makes a good owb holster that will accommodate the light? Currently carrying it in a galco combat master

Out of curiosity, which holster do you prefer?

Can anyone in /hg/ recommend an aftermarket Glock slide that doesn't look like ass and doesn't cost $retarded?
Working on a build and the factory profile is a little blockier than I'd like, but everything else seems to be meme machined to the extreme.
The P80 slide doesn't look half bad but it's also $350 for what should probably be a

Gearcraft. Expect a longer than advertised lead time and him to get pissy if you ask him about it. Holsters are solid tho.

Nevermind Im not seeing options for that light.

Sexy

The Brownells ones are decent.

I prefer a single piece appendix rig with tuckable clips.

I almost like the Brownells ones, but I'm not a huge fan of the front serration continuing over the top of the slide. If I could get the Brownells one without that it would be a steal

Pps m2 vs shield 2.0 for summer carry? Anyone have experience with both?

How many + is the extension? Usually anything more than +1 needs a longer/stronger spring if you want it to function like a Glowk should. I ran a stronger spring in my G43 with +1 TTI plates, just to make damn sure I'd get no feed issues on a carry gun.

>Pps m2
Get an M1 and you'll be golden.

Attached: 33516577_1636932233028324_3813098710150152192_n.jpg (2034x2739, 348K)

The brownells ones look really good. That would my first choice probably. Second choice might be something like a lone wolf.

Attached: 16E3A727-16AA-4235-AF0C-7DAFA645A619.jpg (3018x2660, 3.48M)

I've got one. It looks pretty good with suppressor height sights IMO.

Is the m2 not worth the extra dosh then? I'm about to go to my lgs to put my hands on one. How much should I reasonably pay for a new one?

I think I could probably deal with the windowed one. Looks pretty good, now I just need to decide if I want it rmr cut or not, but it almost seems like a waste not to for like $15-20 more

Just be aware the RMR cut ones don't come with a cover plate or adaptors for other optics, so you're stuck either buying a cover plate or running some form of optic.

I went ahead and put an RMR on mine. Pic related is my Glawk with 0% Glawk parts.

Attached: 20180526_111759.jpg (3264x1836, 1.53M)

Its still a great gun, but it does away with the rail and has buttons instead of glorious paddles.

Mine will look nearly the same, same color and everything. Recommendations on sights? I'm thinking I might get something like the ameriglo/triji tritium+fiber fronts and a plain u notch rear, seems like it should be pretty quick that way. Probably gonna save up for Black Friday sales at any rate, and try to build both my compact and full size for Christmas time

I've got the plain steel Ameriglo suppressor height sights. They cowitness almost perfectly with the RMR. Buying them separately instead of as a set got them for like $49 (the set's normally ~$60).

This gun is little more than a toy for me, something to fuck around with for IDPA in the carry optics division.

I may eventually put the Alpha Wolf bullnose comp on it for maximum gaymen, but I expect my bare-muzzled P320 X-Five will still have less muzzle climb because that thing's a fucking brick.

Taran Tactical sends new springs with their mag extensions. Whatever brand you brought is probably similar and is supposed to be used with longer springs.

And now I just realized my new PC doesn't have my Dropbox shit on it and I have to download 30 fucking gigs worth of shit again and I'm a little spaghetti about it.

Attached: bfc75c438fc42784ec8dfeae00c9ff292d51ed63.jpg (680x680, 25K)

I'm a novice shooter. How does my grouping look? Shot today at 10yds. My biggest problem is managing recoil. Any tips for sight picture re acquisition? The recoil causes me to take a long time between shots.

Attached: 10yd15rd.jpg (2688x1520, 2.02M)

Grand Power P40L in 10mm.

That's not a bad group for a novice at 10 yards.

Recoil control is about 80% form, 20% grip strength.

>still nobody
Just buy them all Burt
Though I'm most interested in the Bersa.

The new Walter extractor for my $150 American Arms PPK came in the mail today. It fits like a glove but it doesn’t quite match the slide profile.

I’m heading to the range in a few minutes here, I can’t wait.

Attached: 2D738D89-DD6F-4212-9F1B-5DCE671E8BEF.jpg (4032x3024, 1.75M)

Walther*

That's quite good for a new shooter actually, especially at that range. You seem like you are doing pretty well, no stringing or off center grouping so you have pretty good fundamentals, you jut have to tighten up a bit. Don't worry about going fast, just go at a comfortable pace. Remember: Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Got my first black powder weapon. Gonna get me some pyrodex and load it up. I know nothing about black powder guns except how to clean them

Attached: 13F3442E-F212-44CE-B1E2-A0969FCAC3E7.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

My guns stay loaded if not in the safe

Ya neva know

Attached: Cute.jpg (1080x1424, 450K)

do you load em up fully or leave them downloaded with the mag at capacity-1?

Glock 19, VP9SK, or p10c?

Downloading is for fudds

Not him but my EDC sits on the nightstand with a full mag + one in the tube. The guns in the safe have a loaded full mag but an empty chamber.

Fully loaded. Its not hurting anything

Attached: MoreCute.jpg (1080x1176, 889K)

Get the spaghetti 10mm

G19

Mark 23.

Dubs has spoken

9mm fo sho doe. I prefer the smooth dust cover. It's a tough call though because the blued 3 is a much prettier finish than the stainless 2. Finish aside I think the Stock II looks way better. Also I believe the Stock II has poly rifling and the III has standard.

FUCK.

The PPS M2 has an improved trigger and ergonomics over the old one, I'd strongly recommend not getting an old one. It's a shame that the M2 doesn't have the paddle clip release but it's a small price to pay imo.

Also I prefer the Shield to the PPS. Bigger clips.

Attached: pocko rockos 2.jpg (2400x1600, 1.32M)

You overpaid by about $120

Welp.

So much for getting something fun and interesting.

Attached: tongue licking an asshole.png (3226x1630, 1.6M)

>Also I prefer the Shield to the PPS. Bigger clips.
Nigga you on crack? Shield is 7 or 8+1 PPS is 6, 7 or 8+1. The shield is a better gun but not because of clipazine capacity.

Is there a way to check if my beretta parts are metal? I don't know how obvious it should be but I can't seem to tell if things like my guide rod and safety are metal or not.

Attached: m9.jpg (1800x1200, 631K)

sig p210

M2 is sexual

Attached: PpsEdc.jpg (805x1078, 784K)

The guide rod you can try to bend. The trigger and safety you can scrape with your fingernail. or tap with a screwdriver handle or something.

Do you have some kind of neuron disease or something where you can't distinguish cold, rigid metal from warm, flexible plastic by touch? Not bean mean just axing.

Oh?

Attached: 225.jpg (2000x1276, 674K)

>whats this im hearing about a new glawk?

I wouldn't doubt it. Competition taking customers and losing to Sig has finally gotten them to get off their fat asses.

One gun is always my ready gun locked cocked and ready to rock. I also keep at least one loaded mag if not more ready for my ar.

just bought a ruger blackhawk wheel gat. 357 mag. for 370. excellent condition.
How'd I do?

You'll know if the guide rod is plastic. They aren't 1 solid piece of metal. They're fluted in a way and light.

You can looks for little mold lines on other parts to see if they're plastic, but generally you'll be able to tell be either the small texture on the part (like the trigger), or the shiny plastic sheen such as on the safety selector.

>pic related

Attached: wheelgat dont judge desk dust.jpg (944x531, 287K)

Not to shaby. Did you get the convertible model with the 9mm cylinder?

Attached: 357_9mm.jpg (1520x2688, 1.06M)

I looked for it, they didn't have the convertible blued model unfortunately. 357 and 38 sp isn't too bad though.

Have the cz p10c problems been resolved? I heard they fixed the rotating firing pin problem but now I'm hearing rumors about peoples fireing pins braking. They also had that slide cover problem. I really want to like it but the p10c is having a lot of growing pains.

Attached: 1522842759864.gif (427x240, 1.67M)

I'd pick that up for 370 even with out the 9mm cylinder if I already didnt have one. Ya dun good user.