Hello Jow Forumsommandos. I am looking for some tips on my pvc penobscot crossbow

Hello Jow Forumsommandos. I am looking for some tips on my pvc penobscot crossbow

the specs are the following (not sure if it matters)
powerstroke: 18cm
draw weight (regular): 10kg
draw weight (penobscot): 15kg
darts: 1cm x 23cm
the trigger is a skane and since the lever is also made of pvc and provides some upward push, it is very light (can't measure the trigger weight).

I am looking for ways to increase the power that my crossbow can deliver. Increasing the draw weight is no problem but I want it to be light as possible.

I am also looking for a way to measure the amount of energy it gives out without using any expensive tech (I am just a poor fag).

roasting is welcome

Attached: PicsArt_05-26-01.01.55.jpg (1934x1266, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet-shooting_crossbow
youtube.com/watch?v=OjsPv0AzzgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You must bust a nut on it
The digits never lie

Attached: postalhill.jpg (222x255, 11K)

Weapons are banned from /diy/.

Pulleys, brah.

This. Dubs and blow a load on it

I built one years ago, the best trigger I’ve ever made on mine was a modified sten lower I built. However to attach it to the wood you want to weld little flanges to the side. But it wouldn’t work with the style you’re doing with this bow since it holds on the wood notch instead of trigger. Also work the end of the stock to fit a bit more comfortably

Also rolling for this

You disgust me

Is that a rune crossbow?

Rolling

throw that in the trash and build a flintlock pistol
using scrap metal

Looks more like a mithril crossbow.

Cool. How much reliable could those triggers be? I am rather scared shitless by misfires because of my shitty understanding of moving parts.

Guns are highly regulated where I live so thats an automatic no. Even arrows require a license to own but I havent seen it enforced.

If you have it set right, they’re just as reliable

all the more reason to build one and shoot whoever said that

>Even arrows require a license to own
Dude... what?

This. The way to lose rights is by abiding unlawful laws. Treat guns as weed, and disregard all firearm legislation and regulations.

Attached: 4winds.gif (720x2304, 394K)

Have you considered making a stone bow?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet-shooting_crossbow

Design it to use a standard size of steel or lead ball.

Rolling for digits

Is there like a guide for this? Like a medieval Jow Forumsommando general or something?

My country has a history of rebellions and revolts. The story goes is that the communist party is gaining too much weaponry that the gov tried to regulate guns but it seems that some grouo got a good idea to use arrows instead. Heck there was just a prison riot at was filled with arrows and spears.

Actually, the crossbow can accept ball bearings. I just have to change the bolt clip into a tooth brush to hold the ball. Fucked up results last time I tried it. Balls would ricochet off everything if they didnt penetrate and I couldn't where they hit if they missed.

Attached: 15273743412571206145035.jpg (2340x4160, 3.96M)

What's that arrow head made out of?

You can make pretty impressive glass arrowheads from glass bottles.
youtube.com/watch?v=OjsPv0AzzgI

Grab some fiber glass driveway markers and shove some in the pvc limbs

Attached: post-119327-0-79773400-1329297626_thumb.jpg (478x640, 58K)

Man, that would suck. Crossbows are fucking cool though.

>a way to measure the amount of energy

Measure the mass arrow. Then measure the speed. Then use the kinetic energy formula:
e=0.5*m*v^2
You can either use a video cam or rig up your own timer system to measure speed.

The heads are made out of can tops. They seems to work pretty fine as they can sink the entire entire into a tree. I have experimented with bone heads and they end up shattered or split the shaft if they didn't penetrate but they offer more of a punch than the first.

Nice.

Attached: 1527377065131275279925.jpg (2340x4160, 3.78M)

>My country has a history of rebellions and revolts.
I FUCKING WONDER WHY

>Hey, you know what would cut down on revolting peasants?
>If we just oppress and abuse the shit out of them

Works every time!