Your thoughts on Blackhawk Down?

Attached: 1527345939100.jpg (500x750, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hdByRJLrvYQ
history.army.mil/html/books/070/70-85-1/cmhPub_70-85-1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=VovRTt0hAPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of the big films of my childhood

Attached: 1527346368434.jpg (700x428, 191K)

I only regret ETSing just a few months before my battalion went. I talked with some of them (Moynihan, Thomas, Slater) afterward. I was jealous as hell. I went from hhac weapons 3/75th to an NG LRS unit - Fco. 425th. And I had to sit back and watch the news. At least I wasn't the only ranger on the sidelines. We had about 20 batt boys in the 425th. The rest were 82nd. I wasn't the only one jealous of not being there. At least I still had my combat jump star from Panama.

Attached: Combat Jump Wings.jpg (276x171, 20K)

god tier soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=hdByRJLrvYQ

Its cool. Its one of those movies where even the most strident aspies on Jow Forums dont nitpick (except for Pakis and Malaysians who bitch that the movie didn't add 200 extra characters in the last 8 minutes) because it strikes a balance between being accurate historically and equipment wise without impacting the flow and followabilty of the plot, which is a rare thing even today.

I know of another 3/75 during the Panama invasion. He said he wasn't called but was told to be ready. Do you know why they weren't called? It sounds like you are also 3/75 and went. Why would they insert some 3/75 but not others? I'm not in mil by the way. Just trying to understand. He was very disappointed he didn't get to go

>Mogadishu
>every single negro looks like he's from Sierra Leone or other West African shitholes

even captain phillips got it right, but you couldn't spot a single somali in black hawk down.

otherwise it's a very good movie.

3/75 jumped into Panama. You may have a friend who likes telling stories. And I've never understood veterans not wanting to talk about combat. I killed the enemy, they tried to kill me. I dodged sniper fire, a grenade tossed at my team, the enemy fire during the jump and a few other experiences. I have no apprehensions regarding the recounting of events.

Here's a historical link. Keep in mind, official reports often have incorrect details.

history.army.mil/html/books/070/70-85-1/cmhPub_70-85-1.pdf

great fucking movie

Attached: 1522891879287.jpg (1596x1582, 368K)

Thanks for the response. Are you saying there aren't any 3/75 that didn't go in?

What are the major differences, user? Genuinely curious.
>inb4 racist blather from others

Not him but Somalians have a very distinct head shape reminiscent of a light bulb hence the slur light bulb head

West Africans look like the standard American Negro, Ethiopians can pass for white after a generation of two of bleaching, and Somalis look like stickbug aliens.

... and Henry from Black Flag

Attached: 7A8DC10E-5856-41BE-AF5C-7E0ED50AD45D.png (333x344, 133K)

So you're basing this off that one guy that was in Captain Phillips

Just google west Africans and East Africans. They are clearly different looking

And Ty Burrell who would later play Phil Dunphy in the show Modern Family.

Attached: ty burrell.jpg (1600x900, 162K)

I remember in my childhood I watched this with a friends family and his dad had served in the 75th RR after the battle of mogadishu from 1994-on. So while we watched it he "vet-splained" the whole thing but I loved it bc he knew personally many of the characters played within the movie.

Attached: battle of mogadishu.jpg (657x492, 62K)

> tfw My buddy's dad served the entirety of the 90s as a medic in 101st Airborne and 8th ID all over the world
God bless

Basically all you'd have to do is look at google images of "west africans" compared to "Somalis", you'll see the difference.

Otherwise, here's a picture of the actual Somalis from Cpt. Phillips, with typical East African facial structures. West Africans look like your typical downtown tyrone.

Attached: df-09062_r_wide-1caeaec5b9096457d28f34c7dd618c69664b72aa-s900-c85.jpg (900x504, 111K)

Is this loss?

Has the appropriate amount of grim.

makes you want a 727 clone

thought the navy seals snipers going down was dumb

now i get they did it cos that's how all spec ops guys are like

had they pulled it off it would have been great

they could have had they support team told them where to go but didn't

No you retard I'm basing that off what a fucking water pirate light bulb head looks like

There men participate in the Battle so at least one Paki or Malaysian could have been showed in positive light kicking ass

Little Birb is best birb, unless your opposition may or may not have copious amounts of RPGs. Skateboard helmets are good enough in combat, fuddyfive ball is worthless on starved nigs wearing minimal amount of clothing layers, much less armour. Colt Commandos are sex. Flight gloves are comfy. More ammo is mo betta. And the coffee is all in the grind.

Attached: BHD_015.jpg (1280x536, 203K)

would the two snipers have gone down if they were delta?

they were delta, dumbass

They WERE Delta.

>thought the navy seals snipers going down was dumb

Maybe pay attention to the film next time you watch

And Spud from Trainspotting. The reason he and Ewan McGreagor were even in Blackhawk Down together was because of how well they interacted in Trainspotting.

Attached: 20E45221-BEAB-400A-A59D-1A7DA402493C.jpg (810x539, 67K)

There's more genetic diversity within Africa than anywhere else in the world.

Like literally pick any two sub-Sarahan African dudes of different ethnicities and they'll have less in common genetically than any two individuals from anywhere else on the planet. Aboriginal Australians and Europeans share more DNA than West and East Africans.

At one time I had a 1sg and xo who were both there and would get pretty bummed out on the anniversary so I would bring them beers about 1500 and shoo away anyone that didn't have a combat scroll.

Good entertainment but also American propaganda

How would a Somali remake differ?

Its "American Propaganda" because its justifying American Imperialism.
And not on the fact that the local residents engaged in hostile actions against the SF.

>American propaganda
as opposed to what?
why would any american or ANYONE for that matter want control of somali?

>somali
somalia, my bad.

Interesting topic. Most people completely forgot about America's involvement in Somalia. This movie does a great job of illustrating how even a top rate outfit can get dragged down if they underestimate the locals.

>.45
>useless
How does paint taste?

A truthful version would be more like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=VovRTt0hAPk

Good enough film, but that one scene where they drag around the guy who's been bisected was really distracting. Seemed like something out of Tropic Thunder.

Wish I had a screenshot.

they killed like 100 skinnys before going down. Didn't they receive the first MoH's since the Vietnam War or something like that?

I've been coming here for a decade, and I never get tired of seeing this post.

Still the best on line game ever invented!

Attached: Delta-Force-Black-Hawk-Down-Setup-Download-For-Free.jpg (779x1000, 420K)

>not repurposing the miniguns

weak

>expecting electronics to work on a crashed helo
All miniguns should have a backup hand crank.

A good movie desu
Not sure how accurate it was but it was still good

At least the ammo

It would be made by two guys and a mid 2000s Nokia phone with windows movie maker effects.