Alright anons, I need your help. Especially if you can read russian well (I can do it but I'm not too good at it)

Alright anons, I need your help. Especially if you can read russian well (I can do it but I'm not too good at it).
Here's the deal:
My great-grandfather was a red army soldier. I have some copies of the military records about him, but they are inconsistent (as far as I understand them, might be wrong).
I will attach some of them with important fragments marked.
Pic related is his photography from 1935.

Attached: Leonid Tulin 1935.jpg (1529x2048, 249K)

1/2

Attached: wojenne2.jpg (2359x1232, 770K)

Attached: wojenne 3.jpg (2520x1788, 1.05M)

Says he's a faggit.

kys retard
it's memorial day weekend

Attached: zaw. o śmierci.jpg (1275x1324, 238K)

Tulin, Leonid Petrovich. Missing in action in November 1943 in vicinity of Astrahan, Astrahan region. There's handwriting I can't read written over a portion of the rank, but the rank says Starshina, which is Russian equivalent to Sergeant Major.

Weird shit user. This document lists him as a private (rifleman) that was killed in November 1944

The unit is listed as the 413th Rifle Regiment.

I thought he was born in Astrakhan. Also, the record says he was killed on 17.11.1944. Can't be sure where it was though.

Attached: Przechwytywanie.png (602x534, 25K)

you see? one document says he was a sergeant, the other one says he was a private.
I also got this, his handwriting from the time where he was in some sort of prison. idk if it was german or russian one.

Attached: image4.jpg (1936x2592, 926K)

here's the front. quite interesting but probably no useful information.

Attached: image3.jpg (1936x2592, 941K)

This document seems to match the 2nd one you posted, at least has the same date of death. 17 November 1944. It's a notification of death. Seems like your family lived in the village of Dobrovoda at the time (Wherever that is).

Says where he was buried too but it's fucking cursive and quite hard to make out. Looks like the village of "Makusievo(??) Woods"

Sorry meign best I could do. I'm a native russian speaker but the cursive is fucking hard to read.

This says he was born in Stalingrad Oblast (region), and the unit info matches the first document. The 413th Regiment was apparently part of the 73rd Division, which is what the first document says up top.

FWIW user I think the first document had a mistake in the rank portion, which is why there's handwriting OVER it, which is likely the correction. I can't make out what it says though.

yes, my family does come from Dobrovoda. I know the basic information, he was buried in Makowo Mazowieckie on the military cemetary.
what I'm trying to figure out mainly is where he fought, what division/regiment/army/corps and what happened to him that he was missing and in some sort of jail.
also why it says he enlisted in 1938 and became a sergeant, and then that he enlisted in 1944 and was a private.
maybe he was deranked?
also, anyone recognizes the insignia?

Attached: Leonid-page-001.jpg (1276x1754, 137K)

the handwriting over the rank stands for "the red army soldier" (krs)

These are cool. I actually don't think that's his handwriting. It says "Didn't shave, wanted to (unclear) but it wasn't taken away". Seems like someone was writing a justification for why he didn't shave, probably thought the razor would be confiscated. Def a russian prison. Maybe he was one of those go to war or go to jail draftees? The other documents do mention that his voinkomat (place of enlistment) is unknown.

are you sure the part I marked doesn't say "germans"?
I always thought that was his handwriting and he mentioned the germans.
but maybe it was a note from some jail/camp oficer

Attached: image4.jpg (1936x2592, 1.09M)

Yeah that is weird. Maybe he deserted and was pressed back into service in 1944?

The second enlistment stuff says the voinkomat was Belsk, which is in Poland.

It's possible that he went missing in action in 1943 around Astrahan, and was pressed into service as a private in 1944, later being killed in November of 44. This way both documents are correct.

So he enlisted 2 times for some reason. It might be true that he deserted, but maybe he lost his documents or was deranked for some other reason.
Also, I think that understanding what the "prison note" says would help a lot in this case.

o shit u right.

Didn't shave
wanted to
unclear
but the germans didn't take it away

Like i said i suck at reading cursive.

Yeah maybe what the russians deemed missing in action was actually him being captured by the germans. Then he was liberated and pressed into service as a private and was then killed in november 44? That makes the most sense I think.

so it might have actually been germans after all. so, was he captured and then retrieved without any documents (which forced him to become a private again)?
seem likely desu

makes sense. the story is rounding up

also from what I know he was missing in 1941.
he didn't make it on time to get to his unit, and had to chase it as they were retreating. (he stayed at home with his wife in dobrovoda).
some guy from the village recently told us that he was literally chasing the soviets... behind the germans. had to get through them to reunite with the unit.

el bumperino

ITT the op learns his grandpa was a secret nazi