Is airsoft good for training?

Is airsoft good for training?

Attached: serveimage[1].jpg&sp=28575093d7cfaf2878753d41f4529a36.jpg (1200x800, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoHA-rhGeG4
imgur.com/a/VwAxi#1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

Training for what? If its shtf then you'd be better off spending your time hunting then seeking confrontation.

zombie apocalypse

No. It's just a fun way to get some cardio in. No actual battle is going to play out like an airsoft match.

No because people will act differently while playing airsoft than they would in a real gun fight. People are more likely to take risks that they normally wouldnt when they know getting shot wont actually kill them (i.e. rushing you like a mad retard). Its still decent exercise and good fun. Just make sure you play with your own group and not underage shitters.

It's really good for CQB training. Anything longer than that however, not really.

it's good for muscle memory and fundamentals, but thats about it

SMALL
BRUISE
HOUSE

It's about as good as playing poker with fake money, which means it's bad. In both cases the lack of actual risk/danger will influence the way you and your opponents act, which in turn will make you develop bad habits that won't work in a real poker game/firefight.

No. Low accuracy guns creates bad habits.

Hmmmm, so in theory you could mitigate the propensity to take these risks by putting high stakes betting into it. I like it.

Attached: Wow.jpg (500x667, 65K)

Hunting and seeking confrontation don't have to be separate activities, people will probably have supplies plus allow you the opportunity to restock ammo in some cases, and if the shtf is bad enough the enemy becomes a food source.

RWDS

youtube.com/watch?v=GoHA-rhGeG4
Naysayers can get the GTFO out.

Yes. in Post-soviet states.

Not a bad idea actually.

Airshitter here.
No. Airsoft can't give you the feeling of a firearm, the effective shooting range is limited to 100 meters or less.
Maybe some tacticool ideas may work, but you're not always free to plan the encounter, set the charges/claymores and stuff
Again, which kind of training? Russians have lots of fun, but commanding on the large games is an ass. I mean, every season opening turns into random encounters of stray squads or zerg rush for the strongholds.

>3:15 airsoft has recoil knocks him off target
saged

In general, no. From a teamwork standpoint, yes (IE: airshitting with your RWDS buddies or something like that)

That's based Haley, you idiot. And off target, how?

Side question:

Are there better alternatives for close-range force-on-force training that overcome the limitations listed above?

Simunitions or similar, but that's generally not practical for private citizens. They're not widely available and there are serious safety concerns if you're using people you don't know and trust.

use soft rubber bullets in real guns

You don't even need guns for basic infantry stuff/small unit tactics. You don't need to shoot regarding CQB basics.

If you however mean to make it advanced and generally beyond basic grunt level, then no, you need real shooters.

it's good exercise and practice but if you're looking for something resembling an actual fight look elsewhere

Apparently yes since i got all 50 out of 50 on my first ever shots fired at 25 yards with a loaner .22. did a lot of airsoft like 5 years ago

>what the fuck is punctuation?

All the cardio in the world couldn’t help Michael Bujnarowski from being a fatass as a kid.

>hunting then seeking confrontation
While still not incorrect, this indicates the importance of grammar and spelling lessons.

Attached: 1469616524007.jpg (680x1020, 95K)

same but i played call of duty
anyone can do that you fuckwit

GIB MILKENS

Fuck off retard

Well poor Michael had the Diabetus.

here faggot
imgur.com/a/VwAxi#1

For CQC only, and with high stakes betting so you have something to lose.
Otherwise, I'd say hardball is better(using .22 bb guns), it's what Russians are up to, you have longer range. Make sure you have thick clothing.

Attached: 1508989142696.png (778x512, 45K)

I'm willing to bet money that she'll get a breast reduction surgery.

WHO WOULD WIN
100 Milsim Airsoft players
OR
100 'Militia' men.

Attached: shitters.jpg (1280x627, 111K)

Of course, it's better than nothing if its all you can do. That guy who built the PMC in the middle east, SOLI or something had such little funds that they couldn't waste money using real weapons and bullets they trained with airsoft. Jow Forums has a massive hate boner for airsoft for some reason (no those airsoft threads that get posted here aren't serious, theyre posted to get you to reee like you always do) It wont train you in proper management of recoil and stuff, but for maneuvers and such it's completely fine.

This

But also just the entire aspect of it not being taken seriously, nerves are a big obstacle when fighting and they get a lot more anxious when you and everyone around you knows death is a possible outcome

First you hunt deer
Then you hunt men

airshitters are atleast somewhat fit

>airshitters advancing
>spot several militia men
>barage them with bb's
>DUDE raise your hand i hit you
>...
>DUDE YOU'RE OU-
>militia man shoots airshitter in the face
>all of airshitters cover their ears and tremble from the incredibly loud gunshot
>they develop tinnitus and cannot clearly communicate
>they're slaughtered

Why do so many of you morons think that airsofters don't also own actual firearms? I've airsofted and hunted since I was ~10; it's not like your local gun shot asks on the form, "Do you own any airsoft guns?" and stops you from purchasing if you answer yes. Airsoft is fun to do with your buddies on a weekend and likewise owning real firearms for protection/hunting during the season.

based