Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Attached: 15273373053171.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-28#Origins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50#Ka-52_"Alligator"
youtube.com/watch?v=Vgme9O6YZI8
uawire.org/russian-attack-helicopter-that-crashed-in-syria-was-shot-down-by-surface-to-air-missile
youtube.com/watch?v=7yEH_iOsd-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Find a flaw.
OP.

Attached: 1507226682099.jpg (538x394, 143K)

Finded one

Attached: ka52 gun meme.jpg (1600x904, 163K)

I cant pilot one

There's none.

Attached: ka-52 with 9k121 vikhr.jpg (974x375, 111K)

why couldn't Russians decide between the Kamov and pic related but had to have both?

Attached: -28_12.jpg (1024x768, 213K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-28#Origins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50#Ka-52_"Alligator"
Read this.

Attached: ka-52k & 1155 vice-admiral kulakov.jpg (1200x697, 248K)

The rotors can potentially collide with each other.

bad wiring, likes to short out

Attached: Russian KA-52 Missile Strikes Spectators on Zapad 2017 Find.webm (480x360, 673K)

bonus HUD view

Attached: giphy GIF Create, Discover and Share on Gfycat.webm (480x270, 175K)

crew sits side by side so they can jerk each other off

Same reson the US couldnt decide between the AH-1 and AH-64?

How is it a flaw?

miss fire?

It's not as cool as the 50.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x740, 93K)

vodka

too sexy

It is flown by russians.

twice the fuel consumption of normal helicopters

Coaxial rotor means no possibility to mount radar on the best position on the helicopter.

side by side seating

youtube.com/watch?v=Vgme9O6YZI8

Two Ka-52s do a low flyby over some kind of command and control area to impress the journalists reporting on some Russian war games that was going on in 2017. As they fly over one of the Ka-52s fires rockets into the journalists and a command and control vehicle. Officially the rocket pod shorted out, also two people were seriously injured and two vehicle were destroyed.

Side by side seating limiting visibility for pilot and gunner. Still less flawed than single seat version. Non flexible gun mount.

AH-64 replaced AH-1 in US Army, but 'muhreens didn't like AH-64 with different spareparts than their transport helicopter. Also SuperCobras were practically brand new when AH-64 was introduced. US Army applied some pretty heavy pressure on Marines to adopt both Apache and Blackhawk, but lack parts commonality would have ruined easier logistics with AH-1/UH-1. They even tried to get Navy to buy Apache, that idea originated about as much from army as it did from Hughes/McDonnell-Douglas.

What?

Attached: AH-64sea_apache.jpg (671x854, 106K)

That's a very American evolution of the Apache. I see the last version identified as fat.

I'll leave that to those reporters.

OK

Attached: airwolf_helicopter.png (1188x899, 239K)

Found it

Attached: Found it.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

hmmmmmm uawire.org/russian-attack-helicopter-that-crashed-in-syria-was-shot-down-by-surface-to-air-missile

Very fat version when?

This. Is only real flaw. Russians need to address it ASAP.

What should we do with existing heli's then?

Attached: 311847.640xp.jpg (640x457, 33K)

>uawire
>UA
Filthy hohol

>uawire

I think it can be addressed by software tweaks, or new rotors, so existing fleet can be retrofitted

Inert warheads on rockets? Barely any fragmentation damage on anything.

Non flexible gun mount. Coaxial rotors make the helo rotate the gun quickly and accurately as if it was a turret itself. Also turret mounted cannons are less accurate due t the fuselage not absorbing the recoil.

Cost.

Maintenance

Not many other than

>ua

>uawire

Attached: laughing at screen.png (493x387, 48K)

How mobile it is when it flies sideways? I doubt it can circle targets like AH-64, AH-1 or Mi-28. They have added various flexible chin guns to Mi-24 for a reason in most modernizations.

>Side by side seating limiting visibility
On the contrary, lol.

Attached: ka-52 cockpit1.jpg (1280x865, 595K)

>How mobile it is when it flies sideways?
You tell me.
youtube.com/watch?v=7yEH_iOsd-g
>They have added various flexible chin guns to Mi-24 for a reason
Perchance reason being that Mi-24 is not a coaxial rotor design?

Attached: ka-52 (9).jpg (1200x798, 389K)

It is bit 50/50 thing, gunner in front may limit forward visibility of pilot, but guy sitting on your side might block visibility for both gunner and pilot to other side.

>You tell me.
I have no doubts about general mobility of Ka-50/52, but that or most of other airshow videos tend to track the helicopter with camera, including doing that with zoom. That kinda removes a frame of reference in regards to how fast it can transition or move sideways.

>Perchance reason being that Mi-24 is not a coaxial rotor design?
More likely because circling around target while keeping gun pointed at them covers while observing developments on grounds covers a lot of what attack helicopters do in modern wars. Providing fire support and intel to infantry conducting COIN operation on ground. The fixed mount on fuselage may require even more coordinated effort from pilot and gunner than more common flexible mount cannon installation does. If you watch attack helicopter gun camera videos with communication, a quite common complaint from gunner is something along lines of "I'm hitting azimuth limit, can you turn bit harder".

Attached: S71-1a.jpg (720x264, 54K)

>circle targets like AH-64
AH-64 "circles" around only because it has a shitty gun. When you have a normal gun, you can fire from a normal distance.

>So apparently they don't negotiate with journalists either.

I love side-by-side cockpits.

Attached: Saab 105.jpg (1024x721, 94K)

Attached: su-34 cockpit.jpg (1400x946, 257K)

the peasant flying it

Visibility not good.

Looks like they used a lot of aramid in their composite structure.

I used to watch the hell out of that show

the double rotor looks fucking retard as fuck. I want to be afraid of it, but it just looks ridiculous.

>how many missiles do you want
All of them. We want all of the missiles.

Seriously what the fuck.

lol he's actually right though.

Can you imagine being a pilot in the military today? Having to trade in your bird for a fucking drone? What is even the point.

Helicopters are not going to switched to unmanned within the lifetime of those pilots.

You say that. Advanced 360 optics and VR is going to come to gunships incredibllyyyyy quickly.

Right now, the only argument of having a pilot actually there on the battlefield is situational awareness (what with traditional drones having very limited fields of view) but that shit is changing quick like. Most tanks have 360 optics, the f35 can see through the frame. There is no way to argue that having VR would be worse than actually being there, if anything it would give you an even better view of things and make augmented reality considerably easier.

>but my lag
lol maybe if this was 60 years ago. Quantum communications make it instant, and even then... private enterprise satellites can achieve incredibly low latency so you know the military ones are considerably better. (really though, the quantum shit is already here so it doesn't matter)

>AH-64 "circles" around only because it has a shitty gun. When you have a normal gun, you can fire from a normal distance.

>orbiting sideways to have a more stable position instead of a hover that can drift with hover and fuck with the pilot's awareness(like it happened in Desert Storm) and also to have practically limitless Time on Target means your gun is shitty

Russian retardation knows no limits