STALKER 2: Cheeki Breeki Boogaloo

>STALKER 2 is in development
>You, a lucky Jow Forumsommando, are selected to give suggestions on guns, gunplay, and general gameplay for Stalker 2.

What do you tell them? What you want for the next official outing innazone?

What's appropriate? What's realistic? What's too realistic?

Weapon jamming? Hydration and more survival statuses? Bipods? Fatigue/stamina system changes? Movement systems and stances?

Watcha got?

Attached: Screenshot_2018_05_15_17.08.05.0.jpg (1200x800, 237K)

Well it gotta have AKs i tell you that

Is it weird that the biggest reason I'm excited for Stalker 2 is for a remake of Call of Chernobyl made with its assets?

Excellent point desu

Had it up to here with the "realism" meme. Its always just Misery-level bullshit or boredom inducing mechanics.

Being grounded is great but I didn't enjoy Stalker because it was "realistic". The most fun elements of it included people getting sucked into a field that turns them to pink mist. My AK randomly refusing to fire on the other hand? Not very fun.

I want STALKER atmosphere with Escape from Tarkov weapon mechanics

People like you are going to ruin this game.

>inb4 then what would you suggest huh idiot

Easy.

>As realistic as possible, I want to be forced to use the restroom constantly
>Base building and mining facets
>Removal of firearms, they scare me
>Addition of an in-depth dialogue and relationship system
>Plenty of jobs to do and careers to pursue

Change the name to idk, the S.I.M.S. 2 or something.

>What do you tell them? What you want for the next official outing innazone?
Take me to places outside the old lands due to the emissions making the zone way bigger than it originally was.

What's appropriate? What's realistic? What's too realistic?
Keep it simple, don't stuff too much shit into it, if you want to add stuff like hydration and sleep, keep it to a hardcore mode or something, I just want to run around grabbing and shooting almost everything in sight and be confused about why I can't run very far or move in general. Also no gnarly amount of weapon sway while aiming unless the character is tired.

>Weapon jamming? Hydration and more survival statuses? Bipods? Fatigue/stamina system changes? Movement systems and stances?
Basically the old style: jamming if the gun is in shit condition, only hunger, no hydration or sleep mechanic, fatigue gets a little higher if you're carrying past the weight limit without an exo or weight artifacts and the like, standard movement, but I'd like to prone down every so often.
Big maybe on bipods for sway elimination when prone.

Two sides of the extreme coin. What it honestly needs is just to keep the formula and avoid the Unreal engine. If it can nail those two things then everyone here (but most importantly I) will enjoy the game.

No large changes are necessary. Focus should be like it was in the original games and that is not on weapons and game mechanics but story telling and world building. No one played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because of the extreme realism or purely for the anomalies, they played because of the perfect balance between all of these interconnected design elements that all lent to a great experience. So I'd say, "Don't fuck anything up trying to make one particular thing better, just make another sequel."

^THIS

They shooting, inventory, and weapon customization of EFT, but in a singlepalyer open world in STALKER's setting.

Not ETF's AI though.

Perfect.

Cut down the variety of guns down to a mere handful, say, no more than 10, and introduce gun maintenance mechanics into the game like field stripping to replace broken parts or even add artefacts to mod a gun. I want to have a personal relationship with the gun I rely on.

Also, full ballistic simulation like before and destructible covers.

Why would that require gutting the number of guns so much?

Having more models increases the uniqueness of the gun you attached to.

I would make sure to give unique light, medium, and heavy jamming animations for guns.

light jam example:
>shooting a slightly gummy 1911
>failure to feed
>simply rack the slide to clear the jam

medium jam example:
>shooting an old, weathered, and out of shape pump shotgun
>the pump refuses to budge
>fuck with the pump for nine seconds to clear the jam

heavy jam example:
>shooting a forty year-old, cracked and gummed up kalash that you found in the field.
>the entire action refuses to budge.
>put the stock on the ground and kick the charging handle.
>jam clears, but further damages the gun.

Attached: bean nugget.jpg (298x405, 61K)

>My AK randomly refusing to fire on the other hand? Not very fun.
>not enjoying the stress as your SPAS-12 jams while shooting a pseudogiant in the face
Wow big fucking pussy over here guys.

I would argue that a well designed game simply rewards you for playing well - positioning, preparing, equipping right, aiming - rather than punishing you because you rolled a 1 and fuck you FTF are you feeling the realism yet mr. krabs

"There are many like it but this one is mine."

Also to facilitate the field stripping/maintenance mechanic - you take gun parts from fallen enemies because the conditions in the zone is such that even an AK doesn't last that long especially when your receiver contains fragments of some gravitational anomalies to boost muzzle velocity. You need to keep spare parts that fit your gun is what I'm saying.

You realize the guns jam when they're in poor condition, right? Not to mention the trash ammo you must be getting in the zone.

He's being a filthy casual, but there is a grain of truth. Guns should only start jamming if they are considerably worn,i.e. punishing neglecting to semi regularly clean/repair.

like, less than 70 or 60 percent condition it should start, in default STALKER it can start at like 85 percent condition.

Not wierd, considering they will most likely turn the new one into a fortnite clone.

Two approaches to guns: rugged local Soviet guns vs imported NATO guns. The former easily available and cheap but are inferior to all NATO guns in vanilla setup. Can be upgraded with artefacts but will cause them to break down much sooner thus necessitates keeping of spare parts. Shoot primarily cheap shit ammo. NATO guns are superior but only mundane tacticool add-ons can be applied and they require far more maintenance. Ammo expensive
only sold at some places because import thus you need to plan your trips.

>punishing neglecting to semi regularly clean/repair.
and how is that a fun mechanic? Either toss it to the armorer every time you're in a bar or make you do it yourself, but either way its just non interactive busywork for the sake of "realism".

This for sure. Or for like an AR-platform rifle, having to disassemble the action if a fat chunk of dirt works its way in.

More mutant variety, maybe some kind of procedural generation. Less psychic scanner, more microwave-emitting organ with a dash of stolen weapons.

Attached: Golden Girl Bedtime.jpg (1247x1754, 777K)

haha nice

End game would be watching super Chinese soldiers cleaning up the zone using superior Chinese weapons. China occupies the whole of Ukraine and ushers in a new era of economic gains.

>and how is that a fun mechanic?
It is to me, you prissy faggot. Go buy CoD or something.

Why don't you clean your own guns instead of wanting to do it in a videogame

Attached: 1501945163296.jpg (233x253, 39K)

And some SKSs, too many games over loom them and when they do add them they're the detachable mag ones instead of the regular fixed mag

Why avoid the Unreal engine? And what engine would you wan't the dev's to use?

>implying a vidyanigger hasguns

Attached: 1510087851093.jpg (926x853, 217K)

I would fucking love a yugo SKS with grenade launcher.

Who said I want to clean them in a game fag?

b-but I do

More than anything the game needs to have good gameplay, with fun fight/gun mechanics and a good story. Obviously it needs to be open world, and story driven FPS.

Personally I would prefer the following:
>Realistic gunplay with bullet drop, strong shotguns and pistols with progression before you get to the "good" guns
>Optional paths to the storyline and general game progression (Tackling military early in SoC was a fun, rewarding challenge!)
>Progression of gear, guns etc that paces with the story effectively
>No loading zones, all a giant open world. No loot or corpse despawning globally, high optimization and 144hz 2k compatibility at a minimum
>No loot crates, pay-to-win mechanics, or gimmicky money making mechanics.
>Immersive setting, with immersive survival mechanics and graphics. See The Forest for a good reference on a simplified survival (Eat, drink, sleep) system
>Expansion on anomalies & mutants so there's a good balance of new content and old. Don't go all-in on new content

Personally, a concept I had;

Lone stalker in the zone with an open path. Lost a daughter and motivated to find and use the wishgranter. Can align with any faction, with different possible endings including a scientist-driven end-of-the-zone ending (That fails), a bad ending where you manage to use the wish-granter and get a zombified daughter, an ending for both Duty or Freedom where their factions establish control of the zone, etc. In all endings but bad endings you're returned to the zone. One mechanic to incorporate was being based outside of the game as currently explored, where there are new mutants and anomolies. You have a home-base that can be upgraded over-time, unless you opt to join Duty/Freedom/Scientists who offer a home-base of their own that can be upgraded. Upgrades focus on stash storage, food & water production, repair station etc and these upgrades should not be a grindy process (Parts picked up during quests and/or open-world).

Attached: master sword.png (96x96, 263)

Storyline involving complete Bandit takeover of the Zone!

Attached: 1520382064789.jpg (219x187, 9K)