Here's a fun fact about the Vietnam War that will make you think

You were 129 times more likely to die as a German soldier during the conquest "without a fight" of France in 1940 than as an American soldier in Vietnam

Here's the calculation
>German losses in just one month during the Invasion of France in 1940
> 27,000 dead, 111,000 wounded and 18,000 missing

>American losses during 20 years of war in Vietnam
>50,000 dead and 200,000 wounded

20 years = 240 months
27,000 x 240 = 6.48 millions
6.48 millions ÷ 50,000 = 129.6

Attached: 26Vietnam-Appy-master768.jpg (768x511, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can we settle this once and for all? did americans of arvn contribute more to the combat on land during vietnam?

Go back to math class.
You need to consider how many soldiers were involved in the campaigns, and in any case, it's misleading to conflate an invasion with an occupation.

Are we talking overall or per capita?
Overall I would say America and I cannot speak for per capita but wouldn't blink an eye at ARVN at per capita.

>implying Americans occupied anything during the Vietnam War

They were just doing raids and shiet

ARVN, by far

>Over 1m dead commies
>less than 60k KIA and 200-300k WIA
>"hurr durr amurica got they asses kicked in vietnumm"

Sounds more like we got bored and went home

Factor in the size of their army retard
You can't, because deployment changed vastly as it escalated
Do it year by year

Point is that you guys constantly whine about how horrific this meme war supposedly was, and this although it was 129 times less deadly than the German invasion of France you keep joking about...
The Vietnam War was little more than a summer camp as an American

>real life is CoD
If so Germany scored a huge victory in Russia. But it isn't.

America failed in basically all of its geopolitical objectives. Creating a stable and strong, south Vietnamese government, preventing communism from overrunning the South, winning the hearts and minds of locals. Best that could be said is it "stopped" communism from spreading, which is a very vague and difficult to prove claim.

Said like a true chicken hawk who has never been in combat. War is always easy to talk about for people who never had to do it

That's boomers for you. The original snowflake whiner generation.

It was awful because of shit like napalm and dead gook kids. Crawling in tunnels, shitting guts out, etc

Vietnam war ensured that communism spread to both Laos and Cambodia.

You do realize Germany had 3.3 million troops, while the US had deployed at its peak half a million? That means Germany had a death rate of 0.8%, while the US had a death rate of 10%.

Your adjusting for time is also spurious. You're including a decade of low intensity fighting, basically just troops stationed in Vietnam. Death rate is measured appropriately as death over the entire war because it's not logical that the longer you extend a war the less bad it becomes.

>20 years of war in Vietnam

Attached: 1524715541704.jpg (600x600, 102K)

It doesn't make me think since I'm German and one of my great-granduncle died during the Battle of France
The whole "conquered without a fight" thing is a purely American meme

The truth is Frace was conquered in a very quick and brutal fight
Sure we expected a much harsher resistance from them (like in WW1), so we were happily surprized by that victory, but compared to any post-WW2 battle (including all of America's meme wars as the self-proclailed world police) it was still a fucking bloodbath

t. uneducated brainlet

Attached: vt.png (321x191, 9K)

Imma dump my Nam' pic collection.

Attached: 675.jpg (1024x701, 478K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War
>Second Indochina War, '55-'75
and now you know.

Attached: 1493004816108.jpg (644x960, 126K)

Attached: 30910.jpg (1200x857, 121K)

Attached: warinanutshell.jpg (1500x994, 359K)

Germans asked for that shit, most of the guys in ‘Nam didn’t want to be there

Attached: 87634567890876534567.jpg (1600x1213, 210K)

The US had next to nothing in Nam until 1964. This thread is about AMERICAN DEATHS in Vietnam.

Attached: fugg_you_poser.jpg (577x364, 42K)

Attached: 6546976.jpg (1800x1350, 1.55M)

Attached: 1527187533549.jpg (1000x643, 86K)

Attached: 1493005211020.jpg (480x664, 50K)

Attached: 8765445678.jpg (1440x939, 271K)

Attached: 1493926367676.jpg (1600x1037, 472K)

Attached: 34567876543.jpg (1711x1300, 1.16M)

Attached: 1493925946684.jpg (451x341, 23K)

Attached: 1493870179694.jpg (1500x1010, 1000K)

The US got involved and had people deployed there starting in 1950 dude

Attached: 1493527327294.jpg (500x463, 45K)

This. SAGE in all fields

Attached: 1493005512282.jpg (960x559, 107K)

Attached: ROKMarines.jpg (1800x1215, 3.3M)

Attached: ROKMarines2.jpg (362x450, 77K)

Really made me think

Germany had drafted conscripts as well. Just saying.

Pre 1960s Americans in Vietnam is well documented guys. They all spoke French. And were enlisted in the French army. And were born in France. Real Americans right there

Wrong, retard
The French war in Vietnam ended in 1954
The American one began a year later, in 1955

Attached: sd.png (326x369, 18K)

Attached: 2nd Brigade, 9th Infantry on patrol, Mekong Delta 1969.jpg (564x826, 98K)

vast majority of combat arms in vietnam were not conscripts

not true 1/3rd where conscripts.

Amerimutts just won't admit they got fucked over by a bunch of farmers applying guerrilla tactics. The "CoD kid" mentality has been in American minds long before CoD itself.

are you talking about actual fighting units or combat service support too

you fucking retard. Having a few advisors is not the same as a real combat force. Do you not understand how averages work?

>implying the French Indochina war wasn't fought primarily by the French Foreign Legion

Similar to the war in Afghanistan. We've been "at war" there since 2001, but the large majority of combat fatalities were between 2007-12. Hell, The USMC hasn't even taken a combat fatality since 2014

I wonder how many dudes she let rail her while she was there.

I new a lot of Vietnamese immigrants from a job i used to have. A portion of them were refugees from the war, mostly old ladies and dudes. The others were actually Chinese that moved to Vietnam because they had a second pregnancy or wanted one.

Anyway this lady had an NRA hat and i always thought it was a handmedown thing but it turns out her and her husband built AKs in their basement.

Just thought i'd share.

Attached: Kkaf4XT.jpg (447x645, 50K)

wow almost like ww2 was the deadliest conflict in history or something

>Germans took control of the entire country
>Americans couldn't even take a river

Excuse me? Germany had 3.3 million troops? Where and when?

Truly makes one ponder...

>Point is that you guys constantly whine about how horrific this meme war supposedly was, and this although it was 129 times less deadly than the German invasion of France you keep joking about..

Attached: France.png (336x1168, 186K)

>Germany scored a huge victory in Russia
There are people on Jow Forums who actually believe this. I wish I was kidding.

Vietnam was worse than the invasion of France though. Chemical weapons, flamethrowers, grass that bleeds you, mosquitoes, every disease on the planet, nobody from your country loves you

Many less American soldiers died per day during Vietnam than German soldiers died per day during the invasion of France

Having to live in the jungle for a few weeks will never be worse than getting killed

>few weeks

ah yes
the walking STD bank also known as woman in the army

Aww thats cute, they gave her a weapon and helment

>I'm going to say major American combat units were involved for 20 years in Vietnam to bolster my meth-assisted calculations.

You need to stop posting. Outside of 1963-1972 the numbers of Americans in Vietnam were minuscule. Really outside of 1965-1971, but I'm being generous, since you are obviously mentally disabled.

Lol 'got involved'. With what, a half-dozen CIA spooks and 20 or so state department fags? I wonder if you can invent even more ambiguous language before you get blown out even harder. Doubt it, but sometimes retards surprise you.

2/3rds is a vast majority you fucking brainlet

Ritz used to come in tins???

nobody cares about 'nam, the only thing that matters is cambodia and laos

>From 1964 to 1973, the U.S. dropped more than two million tons of ordnance on Laos during 580,000 bombing missions—equal to a planeload of bombs every 8 minutes, 24-hours a day, for 9 years – making Laos the most heavily bombed country per capita in history. The bombings were part of the U.S. Secret War in Laos to support the Royal Lao Government against the Pathet Lao and to interdict traffic along the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The bombings destroyed many villages and displaced hundreds of thousands of Lao civilians during the nine-year period.

>Up to a third of the bombs dropped did not explode, leaving Laos contaminated with vast quantities of unexploded ordnance (UXO). Over 20,000 people have been killed or injured by UXO in Laos since the bombing ceased. The wounds of war are not only felt in Laos. When the Americans withdrew from Laos in 1973, hundreds of thousands of refugees fled the country, and many of them ultimately resettled in the United States.

>fight insurgent war where geurillas would put grenades in their own babies baskets and suicide bomb americans
>'lmao you died less than germans in ww2 so it wasn't as bad'
Are you a fucking child? Seriously how old are you. What board did you come from and please realize almost everyone in this thread is a euro like yourself.
You're so obsessed.

The guy you replied to isn't talking about "Germans in WW2" in general (which includes Barbarossa, Stalingrad...etc)
He's talking about Germans during the 1940 invasion of France
Most Americans (including those who think Vietnam was awful) laugh about this invasion and say France fell without a fight
Yet this lack of fight was deadlier than Vietnam

Alright, when you consider ALL American soldiers in Vietnam, yeah that makes sense. If you look at the marines only in vietnam their casualty numbers are heinous. Are they worse then the Germans? Probably not. But I bet they aren't that far apart.

Ah. Well washing across an entire country many times the size of a small southern peninsula usually does that. And in reality calling the french 'surrender monkeys' and stuff like that is about as early as a troll/meme/bait as you can find.
Maybe instead of screaming at americans about how 'not deadly' their war was you should ask why the british fled their french brothers leaving them high and dry for this 'deadly' invasion and the following occupation.

>Maybe instead of screaming at americans about how 'not deadly' their war was you should ask why the british fled their french brothers leaving them high and dry for this 'deadly' invasion and the following occupation.

I personally laugh at both the French and the British for the 1940 shitshow, and at the Americans for Vietnam
You guys are all truly shit at war

Ah I see, three of the most powerful nations in the last 1000 years make you laugh. Quality. Someday russia will rule all of europe and asia! Or at least get its capital back. Maybe. Finally.

After Operation Barbarossa opened up, the wehrmacht was losing roughly 30,000 killed/month

Equally, there were more American KIAs in the 82 day battle of Okinawa than there has been since 9/11.

Attached: PFC Dixon giving Sgt. Anderson a hair cut on Okinawa, 1945.jpg (800x535, 215K)

The crazy thing is that the unified communist Vietnam proved better at curbing the spread of communism in the region and the domino effect than a U.S. backed South ever could have hoped to be.

Pathetic mutts got BTFO by rice farmers

THIS. Basic stats of proportions.

it's like medical treatment got better over time or something

No. You apparently don't understand proportions and scales.
I don't think anyone is going to say Vietnam was more destructive than WWII; conservative estimates put German military dead at 3.9 million. Compare that to Vietnam, where only 543,000 Americans ever even served.

The scales are vastly different, and no we weren't fighting for our homeland.

No, the downsizing of the American fighting force and the manipulation of public opinion in the US by communists and communist sympathizers ensured communism spread to both Laos and Cambodia. We got stabbed in the back by Boomer college kids regurgitating the shit their Soviet-sponsored college professors were spewing and creating an environment in which anti-war sentiment could grow and feed off of itself through media exposure. The US-engineered Sino-Soviet split and the conflict between Soviet-backed and Chinese-backed commies in Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia that ensued shortly after the American withdrawal were a means of lessening the geostrategic impact of the red fifth column we had on the homefront in the 60s and 70s. Kissinger was an American hero.

Attached: 1474149404933.jpg (744x563, 102K)

>this thread

Attached: Anons vs Bait.webm (480x270, 1004K)

>what is the Sino-Soviet split

This

Damn, how young..
F

ARVN and it isn't even close.

Attached: va020843.jpg (537x681, 94K)

And what do you attribute the difference to be between the two wars?

>SAGE in all fields
>doesn't put sage in all fields
wew

Mac-V SOG was fucking operator

Attached: MACVSOG.jpg (172x244, 12K)

The ground war in Vietnam war didn't last 20 years, but 7 (from 1965 to 1972). Only a couple thousands US troops were present in Vietnam until the early 1960s. With the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, manpower was increased to 100'000 men and continued to increase. Starting from 1970 troops were then withdrawn from Vietnam. At its peak there were never more than 570'000 US troops stationed in Vietnam.

Germany committed 3.3 mio men for the invasion of France (there were also 300'000 Italians, but they didn't do diddly shit).

>be me
>middleschool
>have art teacher
>Mr. Marino
>Air traffic controller for half the Vietnam war from 1966-19670
>typical infantry conscript for first half
>so many images burned in his brain he can NOT stop painting them
>can NOT stop
>paints the same scene of his friends decapitated in perfect detail in different colors 10 times a week, etc.
>had to sleep in a separate ROOM from his wife because he punches/stranglesget in her sleep unknowingly
>at the end of the year he showed all the pictures he took in a slideshow (hundreds)
>too neat
>during memorial day academies we would line up faculty to briefly talk about their service
>he could never get through it without crying, but everyone cheered their fucking hearts out for him
>lost my voice because I was applauding him so hard one time
>absolutely love him, become friends from 6th grade and ob
>I think he's misunderstood, dudes a total hippy
>has a lavender field in his yard he calls his baby
>move onto high school
>eventually he gets fired outright;
>someone started playing as NVA firefight clips and triggered a flashback
>flipped over desks cause of imaginary ordinance, pretend to fire at the students who he though we VC, etc.
I hope he found happiness

Meant today strangled*** idk how that happened