China

Is Chinese military equipment any good?

Attached: 1501677399155.jpg (2000x1250, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tEcCPs5YJtk
youtube.com/watch?v=1TB1U-nSjLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its okay, but not as quality as most stuff, I would reccomend you get german stuff instead

Their guns are aesthetic

Mil is fine.

I M P L E S S I V E

Attached: F201306200909322650675041.jpg (900x600, 108K)

No the PLA is a paper tiger, it's all bukkake theatre.

Not great, but getting there. That should scare a lot of people because of their population and if the the reclaiming desert operation works or not. Soon they will want land to work with. You've seen the aggression in S China sea and that is purely based on oil reserves. Russia is safe as not a great farming area but India and Burma could be in for a rough next 50 years.

I find that thing, the QJY-88, to be a pretty interesting weapon. At first glance, yeah, it's just a light machine gun in the same caliber as the service rifle, every military has that. But it really seems to be more of a GPMG, just in an intermediate caliber, with an RPK-esque support version of the rifle filling the "squad automatic" role. The Chinese are basically using the same infantry weapons mix as the Russians, except all using the same caliber. I can't decide if that's clever or stupid.

Small arms or the big machines?
Small arms are good, terrible finishes though. Their big machines are getting good, fast. They're shitting out surface ships both in number and design and the J 20 and what not.

barrier penetration sucks in any intermediate caliber so meh, not a real gpmg

Supposedly they use a hotter and heavier round in their machine guns and marksman rifles even though they can still use the regular rifle ammunition. Still, one wonders why they didn't bump up to something in the 6mm range if they were planning on having assault rifles, marksman rifles and GPMGs all in the same brand new caliber.

To be fair to the choice, some of the buildings have been proven to just be cement coating over styrofoam or garbage so they would do just fine.

>Still, one wonders why they didn't bump up to something in the 6mm range
It is semantics, but 5.8 technically is precisely 6mm or .236 inches.

>5.8 technically is precisely 6mm
Then why do they call it fucking 5.8mm? It's 8mm Mauser all over again.

Those who are deployed in the conflict prone borders (India/Tibet, North Korea, Marines on ships and artificial islands) are well equipped and armed, but the category B units in less hot borders arent - China's army is just too large and the focus too much on the navy, airforce, space assets, missiles etc. to haave budget left for them.

Pic related are soldiers of Tibetan border units during last years Doklam standoff, which really was about to turn hot until both sides called it off.

Attached: Ddng93NVAAENAb8.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

Attached: XtWgV4S.jpg (800x600, 82K)

I've noticed the Chinese seem to go hard on AM rifles, which I guess might be related to .

In lots of Chinese Platoon ToEs, they do not even use GPMGs but go straight to 12.7mm HMGs. Squad-based suppression is provided with QBB-95 SAWs.

The QJY-88 is actually a quite rare weapon.

Their HMGs, like the Type-89 are very very light weight, for that matter.

Attached: 58ef0cfaxaa36f89b77eb&690.jpg (690x457, 134K)

Also, China has bad historical experience fighting against enemy light armored vehicles and not being able to do anything against them.

This is why they stress anti armor capability quite a lot, with their infantry armed with lots of anti material options ranging from HMGs, AM rifles, AGLs besides their standard RPGs and heavy rocket launchers.

Hardly any other country in the world equips the majority of their infantry squads with computerized 120mm AT launchers.

Attached: PF-98 120mm heat penetration.jpg (1600x1882, 856K)

That was several rockets fired at different blocks and then the blocks were joined together to show that a single rocket did that.

Is that dude wearing a puttee? In the 21st century? It's gangster af but c'mon man get some boots.

Not how it works.

You never use a single block of 1000mm steel to test penetration. It would be too heavy to carry around. You just stack multiple blocks behind each other.

Attached: Russian 125mm HEAT.jpg (452x111, 7K)

Mountain/Jungle troops of Southern China.

You can have both boots and puttees. In fact, Puttees are still popular to this day amnywhere in the world.

Attached: CDMR mountain section.jpg (800x533, 136K)

It's honestly fucking terrible. Anything not plagiarized from other nations (not Russian) down to the letter is prone to failure, never mind their total inability to recognize cheap materials = less longevity of the end result.

A bird will make it's nest out of carefully-chosen materials. A bee will construct a hive from consistent, durable waxes. A chinaman will construct his gun out of pot metal and wonder why it fucking sucks.

Attached: 1334051612597.jpg (258x322, 21K)

nigga u dumb as fuck.

But the Type 95 are very durable guns. I see that with my Type 97 quite well.

andddd the village idiot has arrived.

Where are their body armor and magazines?

Man that bag is really low on that last guy. Cant be good for the back.

My only experience is some Iraqis we were training, they had previously used surplus (used) Russian and American gear but their government went and bought them all new Chinese uniforms, boots, packs, etc., and all they could do is bitch about blisters and ripping and what shit it was. There were some Chinese AKs that seemed to have no problems or complaints.

Their uniforms are unironically better than American ones.

I'm gonna guess their small arms can do everything than their American counterparts can at similar or on par performance.

idk about their vehicles though

Attached: pla type 07 bdu in action.jpg (640x427, 85K)

I heard they have a 25mm grenade sniper rifle but I never really got the full story on that one, anyone seen it?

35mm, with airburst capability.

Evolved from an attempt to copy the concept of the XM109 into a XM-25 kind of weapon.

Attached: QLU-11 35mm airburst payload rifle.jpg (1000x666, 92K)

As seen during the recent Tibet excercise.

Attached: 076840e8-43f7-4d76-bffb-4f410ebaa078.jpg (650x357, 39K)

Always found it weird how most of their troops have no plate carriers while they're the leading exporters of shady armor plates.

I found OP.

(How does the sovereign state of Taiwan compare?)

Attached: 蔡英文官方元首肖像照.png (500x600, 313K)

You mad because not everyone falls for stupid propaganda

I though that's one of their 25mm grenade launcher thing. I've heard that they prefer using explosive as suppressive fire with those grenade rifle instead of a machine gun like the US did. Something about upgrading to 40mm smart airburst rounds in the future as well.

That thing is pretty fucking hot

>radios
>not even once

>US army

Attached: US Army new high-tech AT weapon to defeat the T-14 Armata.jpg (3600x2416, 672K)

Would be useful for killing a Tier 1 Personality riding in a vehicle, not so useful against a person all on their own though.

Attached: USMC_Sniper_M82.jpg (1853x1228, 751K)

Let me guess what they're calling it...

The LAWG

Attached: seal-training-630x472.jpg (630x472, 87K)

Dumb question for Chinafags

Does the QZB-95 really use an M203 knockoff as the UGL?

Attached: QBZ95grenadelauncher.jpg (1024x768, 100K)

Why do you think Jow Forums is capable of answering this question?

are sasquatch hands a prerequisite for all budding SEALS?

Recent pictures indicate that they switched to a muzzle loader.

Attached: 84469d406ebef6c34ef03986cf370353.jpg (1080x726, 69K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tEcCPs5YJtk

nice.

wonder if a shortened variant of this gun would make a good weapon for China's future exoskeleton soldiers.

Attached: TZO2KxK.jpg (633x950, 120K)

Attached: lawg.png (1280x720, 1.2M)

Normally I'm a massively autistic M203fag, but in this case, the GP-25 clone looks more ergonomically friendly in terms of weight distribution.

Attached: zergface.jpg (1100x735, 284K)

They're uniforms look cooler than our guys in this one.

They have some dope camouflages.

Attached: Chinese marine.jpg (1024x682, 135K)

>infantry squads with computerized 120mm AT launchers.
PF-98 with computersized sight is battalion level weapon, not squads level.

lmao

Attached: fukken saved .jpg (217x165, 8K)

That was some time ago. Now, it is squad level.

Has its advantages and disadvantages.

Attached: 110347yhej11t0dhkddedz (1).jpg (1100x834, 122K)

Attached: 165708p8ywl1kkkffwmbbe.jpg (1100x769, 198K)

Question is does anyone actually have any actual issued stuff? I always suspect when people buy this stuff it's their equivalent of Rothco. The only stuff I know of that is genuine is all 70's 80's surplus stuff.

Well they don't really use the same ammo. China developed a "heavy round" just for the MG because of barriers and to have more force on impact at longer ranges. I would imagine it can use the standard rifle round though. I would compare it more to a PKM but in smaller calibre.

That was the original setup, but they've switched to using one cartridge for everything. At least in theory, I'm sure there's plenty of the old ammo still in use.

very handy if hiding on bottom of sea floor, waiting for your superiors to create more china by pouring sand ontop of you.

I remember the US wanted a lightweight .50 cal almost like this but apparently it got too costly and designed the thing to still be fired only from a tripod. Yet here the Chinese managed to get one working and seemingly well enough. But hey they are just copying us.

Probably just training. Even us troops sometimes trains with just an FLC and patrol cap instead of the whole kit. Especially true in hot humid environments where not overheating may be more advantageous than having a ton of armor.

They actually got a version of UCP that works. I really hope the rumors aren't true and they are moving to a multicam copy or variant.

No they use it in conjunction with MG fire. MG's are still present but this lightweight launcher has more presence. I assume it's so they can move quickly and kill whatever around barriers as well as suppress them. I would imagine a volley of grenades would scare the shit out of an enemy especially if it starts airbursting where they are, if it doesn't kill or horribly maim them first.

There a reason why this type of nade launcher isn't more used? Seems like it works pretty nice.

I've seen pics where apparently once they hit land they wear a woodland or some other more suitable camo poncho. I would assume they've moved to some type of smock that we just don't see. More top secret than their aircraft.

>There a reason why this type of nade launcher isn't more used?
In the older ones at least, if you tip the barrel down then the grenade will fall right out.

anyone have that copy pasta for chinese threads?

Attached: 1402604571449.jpg (640x360, 37K)

What if it's a mumu?

Attached: mumu-dresses-0.jpg (280x350, 47K)

Only if it's Japan.

My hobby is collecting recent and current issue Chinese milsurp.

My conclusion is that their kit is good enough to do the job, not indestructible but capable enough to be used for a few years by your average grunt and then tossed as new kit is issued.

Their kit has become less hard wearing, I would say. Comparing your average Chicom chest rig from the 60s to modern 'light duty' rigs in Type 07 camo, the latter is significantly more delicate.
The use of lower denier cordura nylons in their load bearing equipment and pouches compared to western issued gear is a very obvious corner-cut. Cheap and fragile plastic buckles also do not stand the test of time compared to chunkier ABS offerings Ive seen on Western and Russian issued gear.

Their uniforms are good quality enough, no notable issues. The physical design could use an update though.

Where did you get it from though? Only place I've found it is royaltiger and I'm not sure if that stuff is legit. I suspect China is in an IJA situation where funds are used more for big toys rather than the infantryman due to the expected scale of the battle. I found it disheartening when they moved from the FLC style Type 07 vest to the LBV like vest they have now. It seems like a hell of a downgrade. I would think they would just go to chest rig. You got any of the footwear? Is it even real leather?

Some examples of A tier units from the recent exercise, but as said by some of the anons the army is just waaaay to large to fully update and most of the budget is going toward the airforce and navy

Attached: ae5895e5-ca6c-4581-9512-7feb9c2f0a8f.jpg (650x339, 27K)

Attached: 2dffc986-bd4a-48d8-9335-626c75f731ce.jpg (650x433, 48K)

I wouldn't know but I heard that the Chinese military swears by it so there's that

Attached: 359b5884-a8e7-42de-b494-ac9ae825971b.jpg (650x326, 32K)

There have also been an increase in private companies providing more western style equipment

youtube.com/watch?v=1TB1U-nSjLs

>why this type of nade launcher isn't more used?
I hope you realize it's a clone of the GP-25. It's more used than the breech loading action of the M203

I’d equip my dick in them anime girls, if you catch my drive.

PLA have been VERY slowly an adopting multicam copy (sinocam)

Attached: 50775a47-ce72-4b0a-a5d0-28c6131ef408.jpg (640x791, 37K)

Attached: b2cc9430-f59e-439b-a6ae-50bb967718dd.jpg (640x427, 25K)

Damn their A tier units and they don't even get optics?

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 01.30.28.jpg (1293x1080, 171K)

Yeah the PLA brass are still kinda autistic when it comes to optics, unless ur special forces or being deployed good luck lmao

They shouldn't jump on the multicam train. They already have a pretty effective "universal" camo and I would think it would be nice to distinguish yourself from western militaries if something does happen.

This. At this point I think most soldiers would take an AKM clone with optics over a fancy bullpup in a special caliber with irons.

Example of the type of optics they would normally be equipped with

oops forgot photo

Attached: 23924594.jpg (640x445, 54K)

What exactly determines whether a unit will be equipped with the bullpup or conventional rifles?

Alot of it is due to the QBZ rifle itself being pretty unfriendly for optics thats why they have been testing alternatives for their main rifle

Attached: a3.jpg (1200x638, 62K)

Any unit in the army ( with exception of special forces and border guards ) will have bullpup while the PAP (essentially their version of the national guard ) have a bit more freedom of choice since they are also allowed to buy from private companies.

>alternatives for their main rifle
Are they still sticking with 5.8mm? The mag on that rifle looks a little different.

no info saying otherwise so i just assume they are trying to update to more modern looking mags 0

Some units testing out the ZH05 airburst rifle

Attached: do4H-fyzeyqa3086139.jpg (900x600, 525K)

Can't they just modify the QBZ-03 with a picatinny rail and call it a day? From an outsiders pov the gun seems like a nice modernized AK. Simple and practical.

Don't the PAP get a lot of hand me downs? I find it kinda strange that the PAP usually shown with the QBZ-03 when the QBZ-95 would be more appropriate for their uses in urban areas.

spec ops also testing out this retarded gyrocopter

Attached: 201710191536326545.jpg (700x466, 45K)

Attached: p5q000230nrn8n1n5s1.jpg (640x386, 20K)

>retarded gyrocopter
Why's it retarded? Seems sensible enough to me.

No way they don't even blend into the jungle well at all

now with a damn air to air missile

Attached: 7591936egy1fpsj6zftknj20zk0qon5g.jpg (690x518, 139K)

The Mini BTRish ATV that China's airborne troops use still has me in giggles.

Attached: chinese_8x8_atv.jpg (600x400, 104K)

Yeah the PAP do get alot of hand me downs but their more "elite units" have often been better equipped than most PLA units( eg this pic was from a few years back )

Attached: f-urumqi-a-20170302.jpg (1553x1080, 221K)

Beautiful.

Attached: Little Nellie.jpg (1017x415, 66K)