Uniformed services appreciation thread

Reminder to thank them for their service.

Attached: 3891a4b5c1522a6beabb5ff61c5f11b4.jpg (4032x3024, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3GGFl9mTs
youtube.com/watch?v=un-j42bu_VA
youtube.com/watch?v=TMpHcJJZE1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing wrong with the the bottom two stripes. To be frank, the red stripe should be above all the others.

Firefighting has turned into a corrupt gravy train in many cases as well.

And racist too

Attached: RKbtc8n.png (827x635, 834K)

Where the fuck is the coast guard?

They're lopped in with "armed forces" since theyre still a federal entity.

though national guard is technically both federal and state.

Here's the thing. It pays well, but at least they are actually working for their money. The amount of risk and and calories burnt by firefighters for the sake of public safety vastly outweighs some cop munching on donuts pulling people over for minor traffic violations.

Coast Guard is armed forces you mong

Thank you for your support, remember to embrace the rights embedded in the constitution to truly thank the Armed Forces and civil servants of America and her allies

you're welcome.
i prefer the american flag over the snowflake flag though.

Attached: df.jpg (990x719, 94K)

This. The flag kinda already implies all the civil servants and armed forces

Why the fuck would park rangers and border patrol get their line, and the armed forces are an afterthought lmfao

Attached: 37B884DD-A3E6-4D58-935F-3CE1FA170280.jpg (1242x966, 312K)

The IDF isn't serving the US nearly as much as border patrol and park rangers

Thank you for that Jow Forumsack, very informative! You can go back now!

>but muh rucks made me serve muh cuntry and destroyed muh spinal column

>corrections
>babysitting niggers
>letting them harden new low level hoodrat niglings into proper niggers then releasing them on the public only to repeat the process
Remove that stripe

>Probie detected

I used to work wildland firefighting. Not sure what probie means, but yeah, a lot of guys I worked with had shady pasts.

As someone who now works in federal "security" contracting and gets paid very handsomely for it: its a travesty that we get our own thin line. Like cmon.

Why would I thank corrections, dispatch, or EMS for their service? Why would I thank anyone outside the military this weekend? Why would I thank anyone but a wounded combat vet on memorial day? Why would I think a living soul on 'remember those who died performing military service to our country' day?

You know not all firefighters actually go into buildings, pull people out of tenth story windows, or do anything actually all that risky at all right? I don't want to down on those who do, but your average fire fighter is not the near-suicidal utterly selfless hero movies make them out to be.

Attached: 5d276d28564d9.jpg (500x750, 53K)

Nice flag code violation.

this

In practice when the pentagon says deploy there is not a moments hesitation or debate, but in theory and on paper the entity known as the national guard is in fact a collection of separate state armies.

It’s hilarious watching all of these 3pers with gadsen flags with a thin blue line flag sticker next to it. Hypocritical idiots.

>firefighting
>well paying
>mfw
T.smoke eater

Attached: 1506744176485.png (703x625, 384K)

I’ll grant you this, stormfag, that was funny

Gay

Attached: Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 5.43.47 PM.png (800x500, 633K)

federal "security"?

Are you trying to make you job telling tourist not to climb the statues sound far more important or are you pretending to be a mercenary?

I once saw a truck that had one of these types of flags. But instead of the single blue line you usually see for cops his was blaze orange and said something about tow truck workers. He also had a "tow life" sticker and another that said "move over it's the LAW".
the secondhand fringe was awful.

Owo

If you're right out of high school, in a western state, get trained by a contractor for free, and start working 15 per hour for 14 days at a time, that's pretty good compared to mowing lawns or being a metermaid.

Imagine telling a trucker, “thank you for your service.”

What's this?

Since your guy in the back of the car I think you know better then the rest of us

God dont even say that.

The opposite lol. I get 72k a year to carry a gun in a fed facility, shoot 3 times a year, and do some active shooter "training".

blue lives don't fucking matter
just came here to say that.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE, COPS ARE THE AUTHORITARIAN FASCISTS
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3GGFl9mTs

Attached: 0170206234441_8954129_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

trying to ride that corrupt gravy train rn

You know it was proven in the investigation of that incident these two idiots knew exactly what they were doing and were also planning to do shit like dress in funeral shrouds and walk around crowns with road flares strapped to them like suicide belts right?

They wanted to be famous, they wanted to do stupid shit that would obviously draw a police response and get on TV, hell they may have wanted to start riots just to say they did.

Why do people fucking always have to swing the pendulum so far in the opposite direction they end up being just as cringe as the people they're against? Every time I see one of those blue line flags on the back of a car it just reeks of "p-please d-d-on't ti-ti-ticket m-me! I'm on y-your s-side officer!"

BLM and all the other neomarxist groups are retarded for protesting over nothing 9 times out of ten, but this shit is ridiculous too. The only place the "thin blue line" is keeping society together are the inner cities because they are populated by animals. Small town America would not dissolve into rampant looting and murder without some dude sitting in a squad car giving out traffic tickets for going 10 over on an empty road.

> Private security
No. Just no. Do you know how many of these guys we get in the ER for scalp injuries because they drove their segways over a curb without a helmet?

>tfw no national health service which is the last uniformed service but not an armed force

Attached: jerome-adams-surgeon-general.jpg (3000x2000, 501K)

This.
>local fire dept. gets paid really fucking well
>60 days paid vacation every year
>gov bennies out the ass (free room and board, company vehicle they can use 24/7, tax breaks, cadillac health insurance for the entire extended family completely for free)
>their plan of action for fires? "evacuate the area, let it burn"
Doesn't matter if it's a 17 floor apartment building or a single trash can on fire in suburbia they WILL NOT make ANY EFFORT to extinguish a fire, and not only has it cost hundreds of millions in property damage over the last 10 years but it's gotten over 50 people killed.

It actually is expensive to commit to action because people sue the fuck out of fire departments all the time.

The second they start putting water on shit they're to blame for a lot of the damage.

But you didn't say you guys aren't corrupt.

>bootlicking this hard
jesus christ america

wow. america really is a third world country

Ok bye

You're right, I still guarantee that even the lazy fucks that ride the truck and spray water burn more calories than cops do. I worked wildland firefighting, where we were recommended to eat 6000 calories to keep up with the work. That being said, driving accidents kill more firefighters than anything else, and my only work related "accident" was an anxiety attack that everyone assumed was from the smoke and dehydration.

desu, what is a blue life? a civie with a badge and a gun? who went to 5 weeks of dont rape people when you take things out of their pockets, how to smoothtalk people into confessing to crimes they may or may not have committed, and a bit of gun shooting?

Attached: I-don't-think-about-you-at-all.jpg (500x562, 49K)

>Dearborn Michigan
Also happens to be Muslim capital of the US if anyone is interested.

Pigs deserve death.

Attached: 50tbl.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

>Th-th-thank you for shooting my dog officer
>and for beating my incarcerated cousin mr. corrections officer

What a fucking joke.

Attached: ite-2u4.jpg (420x460, 29K)

This. Fuckers get paid to go Publix and play XBOX. Real heros rolling to the occasional medical I dun broke my hip call or some retard who rear ended someone.

You know, I'm not one to praise people endlessly because of their jobs and the dangers that come along with it but I do believe they deserve some sort of recognition and thanks for their work. And this is coming from a man who grew up with a widowed mother and us 4 kids. Whenever something would happen in our neighborhood, they'd automatically blame us because it had to be the 4 teenagers that did it. So I had my run ins with jackass police officers plenty of times growing up. But do I hate them? Nah, why would I? Not all cops are the same person and showing even a tiny bit of respect towards them goes a long way. Something the basketball Americans just can't get. So I'll thank them for their work. Shit can be tedious.

Clean Clothes.
It's a tide ad.

Attached: Tide-Super-Bowl-LII-2018-Commercial-Its-a-Tide-Ad.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

it could literally say "Desk Jockey"

> thin yellow line for security
> any symbol for security

Fuck off. I worked security for two years in a number of environments, and that line of work absolutely does not deserve some holy grail symbol equal to law enforcement / ems / etc.

Here's what security consists of:
> So, you wanna be a security guard? Fill out our application questions
> "What do you do if you catch your coworker doing drugs?" [Report him.] "You're on patrol and find 100 dollars. Do you keep it?" [No.] "You're on duty and see a crime being committed. What do you do?" [Call the police and don't intervene.] "Do you have a pulse? [Yes.]
> Congratulations! Here's your cheapest bidder, poorly-fitted uniform. Pay for your own pants and shoes though. Now, stand here in this lobby and say "Hello" to people who come in. Every hour, write down in this log book, "No unusual incidents." Collect 11 or so dollars an hour.

There's 90% of security work. The remaining 10% is shady, off-the-books "event security", bouncing, etc. The uniform is a black polo. Your boss is a former cop who "retired" after five years because he "couldn't handle the injustice." Your coworkers are all from podunk towns 45+ minutes away who offer to sell you drugs on duty, none of them ever served in the military but "all [their] buddies are special forces" and their facebook profile consists of one photo of themselves, and several hundred cringey Punisher skull macros from one of a hundred "support our troops" pages.

Security is almost universally an awful field and should not be honored in any broad sense.

Attached: 1481182669089.jpg (500x447, 55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=un-j42bu_VA

Attached: daren.jpg (474x632, 28K)

Forgot about this guy. Christ God, he's like the patron saint of retarded security guards.

> Chest-mounted Glock
> All that unnecessary tacticool MOLLE bullshit
> A fucking GoPro mounted as a bodycam
> Needless escalation of every single confrontation, literally pressing his chest into theirs
> Challenges people to a fight, then tases them when they call him out on his bullshit
> Tasing people to protect the invaluable $5 fake gold necklaces sold at his irrelevant strip mall

I guarantee you this guy is "just about to start police academy, just waiting to hear back any day now"

that plateless condor carrier is triggering my autism

You haters need to recognize our lord and savior, Gecko45, and how he showed us the true way.

Attached: LukmvN0.jpg (500x485, 30K)

pretty much 90% of this.

Security is not a field that deserves any type of honor, not while EMS, Fire Dept, Police and so on are the real heroes that I have to call in to save my ass every day something bad actually happens.

at most people assume youre a cop if the uniform issued to you is decent, and at that point its a shitty situation of stolen valor you kind of have to deal with, because thats what the companies that employ you want people to think of you.

My specific situation, the pay is decent, the people are chill, and it's something good to have on a resume before going the hell somewhere else, but it is not luxurious, and I wouldnt recommend many people look at it as a long term thing purely because of all of the shit companies that are actually out there (which is most)

We're rent-a-cops at best
Stolen Valor thugs at worst like here honoring this field is just as cringey to us as it is to the people who actually do shit for a living.

Why are we supposed to thank them if they are paid to complete a job? Inb4 edgy 16 yo I'm being serious. Isn't it possible that there are people who do these jobs just for money and benefits? That's their reward. That's the transaction. If they were volunteering then they definitely deserve praise/acknowledgement, because volunteering is self-sacrifice without the explicit agreement of a reward. Doctors don't need to be thanked because they complete a job and are paid very well for it. Same goes for teachers, mechanics, etc.

What puts them on another moral level if there is an explicit reward for their service?

Attached: 1510694562292.png (800x600, 14K)

Why do you hate America?

>Needless escalation of every single confrontation, literally pressing his chest into theirs
Found the sheltered little basedboy.
That's literally how it works in the nigger ghetto, you dominate from the start and keep pushing them out or they'll literally stand there all day saying the same two words over and over. Watch some of his full videos, he'll tell them to leave like 20 times and they'll just keep mumbling something back to him over and over.

>You have to leave, you're banned and you know that.
>Nah nigga who u think u is
>Leave nigga
>Who u is
>Leave
>Who u is
>Leave
>Who u is
>Fucking LEAVE nigga
>Who u is
>NIGGA I'M THE NIGGA KICKIN U OUT
>Who u is

etc. and if he didn't push them out they would just stand there saying whatever few words they said at the start of the confrontation.

When my waitress brings me my food I thank them too, because I'm not a rude fucking coon like you.

every job should pay if you're not a commie. There are much better paying career than being a first responder. Medics in particular make shit for money. Going into this field means choosing to make less than you might otherwise so you can maybe make some small difference in one corner of the world

To add to this point- how many of these public "servants" would still be doing these jobs if they were for minimum wage pay? Definitely a lot less than there are now, right? That proves this is an economic transaction

Attached: 1508538790089.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

> some asshole gets loud with you
> you stoop down to his level and provoke him
> he gets angrier and starts posturing aggressively
> tase him

Yeah, well executed. Bet you get angry about cops raising their voices at white women though

Wouldn't you save a trained service dog or a loved pet over a rapist, thief, thug or absentee?

florida state police make like fifteen bucks an hour

>BP in same category as rangers

What

At what point does this bullshit become defacing the flag?

You've probably never seen or heard of German private security, or anything other than Americuck mall cop tier security

So I guess we should create a stripe on the flag for waitresses too, huh? You're missing the point--probably because you're sub-100 IQ. I'll reiterate: what's makes those jobs morally superior to any other service job if they are both paid for a service?

>Going into this field means choosing to make less than you might otherwise so you can maybe make some small difference in one corner of the world
Ok, I guess I can see that point. But you could make that assumption about any job so long as there is a possibility that there is another better/more rewarding job out there in the world. Just because you might not be used to your maximum potential does not mean you are making a sacrifice

motherfucker of course i'm not talking about german private fucking security. where did that even come from.

Just a video of nogs nogging

>Just because you might not be used to your maximum potential does not mean you are making a sacrifice

I'm not suggesting it's a sacrifice but it's a pretty substantial concession. There are other careers where you could make as much or more, and putting actual physical risk aside, make that money without the silent burden of stress. You can do electrical or AC work and never have to see a dead baby, or tell people that their home and every single worldly possession is burnt to a fucking cinder, or hear "fuck the police" every time you glance sideways at people. Stress is poison, and first responders swim in it. The least that could be done by the general public is to not contribute to it.

It comes from the fact that the people often put their lives at risk (EMS and others even more so than copsbat times) in the service of the public. The job itself is inherently good so regardless of the transaction you thank the people who chose that job over another. If they got paid less would they be in that job? Who knows, but you still appreciate those that aid your countrymen and maintain the peace.

I see your point, but isn't all that stress factored into their salary? Isn't that what warrants higher pay in the first place?

But the pay isn't usually all that good, as I said.

Medics are more or less universally paid dogshit, and that's just the ones who ARE paid. Most are volunteers and DO IT FOR FREEEE

Firefighters usually make out just okay, but again, many are volunteers. Chances are if you're in a relatively low population area, the guys working there are unpaid.

Police pay is all over the board. Like I said, Florida State Police make like, 15 beans an hour. There are some agencies where they do break six figures. The shit part is that your pay is more or less equated to the wealth of your area. If you work in a wealthy, low-crime town, you tend to make out okay. If you're in a poor, downtrodden city, dealing with the gangs and guns and drugs that go with that, you're probably not making that much. Not to mention pensions are failing across the country.

Gay and why always skulls?

Again, people who volunteer definitely deserve thanks because that is a voluntary self-sacrifice. I don't think anyone is disputing that. But to lump in paid-employees with volunteers is wrong.

I think you are saying that social praise should make up for wages that you think is below what they deserve or could otherwise make at another job. Is that a fair characterization?

Fake news, only half of them are skulls
youtube.com/watch?v=TMpHcJJZE1o

More than half the firefighters in the country don't even get paid, or paid very little, since they're volunteers. Career firefighters that get paid good money are usually those in big cities, but that's also not necessarily true.

>the people often put their lives at risk in the service of the public
That is true of many jobs, and that risk factor contributes to their wages. Why is extra thanks necessary?
>The job itself is inherently good so regardless of the transaction you thank the people who chose that job over another
The jobs are inherently good because they serve other people, correct? Are all jobs that serve others morally equivalent to police, FF, EMT, etc? Would you put therapists in the same category? Dentists?

Fuck that. All of these services should either be privatized or on a volunteer basis paid for by benefactors in the local community only. Tax paid services are corrupt and useless.

The welfare of the sea
I respect traffic cops if you saw how some fuckers drove you would be thankful that the traffic cops are out there. Their existence alone deters assholes like me from going 150 in a school zone. Also parking police. Go to NYC sometime and then tell me some people wouldn't block time square if they could get away with it
You realize of course that correctional officer didn't sentence people right? They don't make them go to prison they just make them stay.
Flag code is a meme that changes every year. Don't be purposefully disrespectful and that's really it
Those people dressed to cause alarm. You can open carry but wtf were these two thinking.

Yeah only half.... That's still a high number faggot

A lot less people because the sacrifice would be bigger. There is an acceptable time to walk away from heroism. Would you save a kid's life for free? Sure. What if it cost you $500,000

>The only comment is about getting a badge tattooed on their chest

You are an edgy little fuck aren't you

>Flag code is a meme that changes every year. Don't be purposefully disrespectful and that's really it
you are wrong, flag code is federal law, as in there is a US code concerning the proper treatment of flags, to my knowledge there is no punishment for violating the flag code, and the court upheld the peoples rights to shit on the flag code but it is a law nonetheless

>The welfare of the sea
sometimes this is correct, but they also stop those pesky migrants and they are fighting a loosing war on drugs for a generation of people who think #420blazeit is a healthy lifestyle

>I respect traffic cops

Attached: 1526168390016.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>I think you are saying that social praise should make up for wages that you think is below what they deserve or could otherwise make at another job. Is that a fair characterization?

Not entirely.

I think both of us are fixating too much on the financial aspect of the conversation. Obviously, you can't put a dollar amount on stress or PTSD or bodily risk. There can't ever be a set rate at which you can say, "Alright, you're making 65 bucks an hour, now you can't complain about the dead twelve year old you saw."

It's all about giving some margin of regard to people who A) experience a much higher rate of horrifying, stress inducing things, and B) must make split-second decisions that can change people's lives. When those crucial moments come, you're not thinking about your next check.

Is it any different than say, a nurse or a doctor? I don't think it is, nor should it be. Shoot, or don't shoot? Push meds, or operate? These are scenarios so far beyond the scope of most people's lives that they simply can't understand the implications. Most people do not understand what it is like to operate in such a mindset. It's like the scene at the end of the Hurt Locker, where HawkEye can't decide what cereal to buy, because, who gives a fuck anymore?

I don't expect to make more than an executive. I don't want to be bootlicked, that's for goddamn sure. It happens sometimes and it makes me uncomfortable. Shit like this makes me cringe. All I want in the world is an iota of understanding. "What you do isn't like what I do. I don't hold things against you."