Bushmaster ACR

Today I impulse bought a used early Bushmaster ACR made at the Windham, Maine plant before Remington bought them and shut it down. I put a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 on it. This thing is as heavy as a fucking lead brick. What the fuck?

Also, when the early ones were recalled because they went full auto was that a "oh shit, it might fire out of battery" kind of full auto or a "the trigger/sear parts are malfunctioning woooo party time" kind of full auto?

Pic related but not my rifle.

Attached: DSC_0640.jpg (1600x900, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vdb-waffen.de/de/waffenmarkt/langwaffen~selbstladebuechsen.html?s_t=g36&s_hk=13&s_sk=56&s_k=&s_z=&s_p=&s_d=&o=preis_d&v=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My gun store owner has one and had the full auto problem/feature.

I haven't shot mine yet and have no idea if it was affected by the recall or fixed by the recall, but am curious about the details of the malfunction and subsequent recall.

Supposedly when it goes full auto taking your finger off the trigger doesn't stop the fun train.

Hmm. That seems like it could be problematic.

Travis Haley and Chris Costa whose input was used for the Masada both think the ACR is garbage.

Attached: Bushmaster ACR unsupported magazine feed lip issues.webm (400x224, 2.78M)

So it's just runaway fire then, not actual full auto? I wonder if the issue was with the disconnect then?

B..baka! It's not like I was getting excited for YOU or anything! I always pop an extra round out senpai!

Sell it on the black market

>ram the magazine into the well repeatedly with the same force I do my dick into Mexican hookers,
>shitty STANAG mag pops out rounds on, they fly out because open bolt

I'm actually impressed that they flew out so easily. You do know that if you jar any shitty AR mag hard enough you can pop cartridges out, right? It's a commonly induced malfunction, especially when people beat on the bottom of the mag to seat it in the magwell. Not talking about the ACR's faults in general, but the dude in the video is an idiot, and AR mags suck.

Attached: 14159299288_2ab86d266e_o.jpg (800x485, 223K)

>oh shit, it might fire out of battery
Collapsing bolt firearms are virtually incapable of firing out of battery.

Does anyone aside from airsofters give a shit what Chris Costa thinks?

He's not beating on the magwell. This is just a quick insertion and competition shooters do it even faster.

But yes, AR mags suck and so does the ACR.

although it is a hefty girl, the issue isnt necessarily the weight but the balance. most of weight is in the front of the gun with a polymer rear. this makes it feel very nose heavy. you add a scope and its going to feel even heavier. the issue is exacerbated if you have a tri rail instead of the poly handguard.
the acr is a neat oddity, its not something i would recommend buying though.
from strictly a "how good is this rifle" standpoint, id say slightly below average compared to its counterparts

Those are the two who teach people to wallow around in the dirt trying to shoot under cars.

I like mine a lot. I've started shooting it more than my ARs recently. I haven't had any problems that weren't caused by crap ammo or one particular PMAG that refused to cooperate with any gun I put it in, so I've made it my malfunction practice mag.

The full auto problem was a runaway as opposed to true FA.

That tri rail is heavy af, and I don't envy you for having it , but Midwest industries and RPM make lighter, thinner M lok handguards, and Bushmaster alleges they're going to put out a rail similar to the Remington ACR's rail within the year.

I'm waiting on a stamp to SBR mine, and I plan on suppressing eventually. Is seriously recommend the newer barrels or at least getting yours P&W'd and/or reprofiled since the govt profile 16.5" barrel is heavy as shit.

Any aesthetic/weight complaints aside, it's a pleasant shooter. Being fully ambi except for the charging handle (of which Bushmaster says they've got an ambi model coming out) and generally a very ergonomic design lend to being able to manipulate the gun pretty quickly in spite of it's weight. I slapped an ACOG on mine recently, and I've been enjoying that a lot. The trigger is a hair better than a mil spec AR, but the gun can accept any AR trigger if you want to replace it, and geiselle makes a trigger comparable to the SSA-E specifically for the ACR.

Also, I tried a strike eagle on mine when I first got it and immediately took it off. It made the thing like 11lbs unloaded. If you're going for a DMR type rile, though, it'll work. But if you're planning on doing a lot of dynamic/standing shooting, I'd go for a red dot or fixed mag optic.

I've got a few optics lying around I'm trying to sell, btw. So if you want an eotech or a Trijicon RX01, holler at your boy.

Attached: 20180526_220012.jpg (2449x1508, 3.31M)

The only question that remains is do I get one in Coyote Brown or in Black?

I think the coyote looks better, but either is fine. I will say I shot mine yesterday in 96 degree weather, and the black plastic handguard got hot as fuck. I'm considering a good cerakote job or just painting it myself with some stencils.

Attached: 20180513_211525.jpg (3335x1347, 3.68M)

next ACR is cumming

Attached: ACR_gold_custom.jpg (660x241, 42K)

And actually, Bushmaster announced a pistol variant wirh a 10.5" barrel. So if you're the patient type, you could wait around for one of those and brace/sbr it.

I actually really like this and the mdr. I'm just kind of bored with the AR in general. I've got a 14.5 and a 10.3 mk18, and I feel like all my bases are covered between them. Anythijg else I've purchased recently has been for fun or unique guns.

Attached: RPM+ACR+Carbine.jpg (750x460, 101K)

Im living in Germany and want to buy it for IPSC. The most shooters use some AR15 or the MR223 but this is kind of borring and im more into LR and want it just to rapid fire the AR (cant do it on the range without reason)

Thinking about the HK433 or ACR?

The HK433, but the ACR shoots smoother since its not a Piston.

Hope they give it free for 2019 in GER.

The ACR is also piston driven.

My fault. I meet a ACR owner last time and got it wrong.

We had 2 ACRs over here in 1year. There is no way I can buy 1 without tonns of paperwork.

But G36s of all kind if I want °°

vdb-waffen.de/de/waffenmarkt/langwaffen~selbstladebuechsen.html?s_t=g36&s_hk=13&s_sk=56&s_k=&s_z=&s_p=&s_d=&o=preis_d&v=