Should the military lower PT requirements?

It's not like everyone needs to be a stud, they'd have a much larger pool to recruit from by relaxing standards a bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=xB0DuVg-N1s

Attached: d3c2ef64115ff487bd3ccb3c1ac4513-c.jpg (602x243, 44K)

They could make the female standard the new standard for everyone and add millions of potential candidates. It's not perfect but better than whining they don't get enough recruits.

No one cares about your problems fatass. Just ask your command to kick you out and stop turning everything into a big ordeal

Not weapons. Take it to your command.

this is realistically the only option, by setting a minimum standard (lowest common denominator) they have already said you only need to be as good as a woman, if they officially said it, it would give men an easy time, but we have already determined that womens standards are acceptable simply by having them

The standards for the US military is already pathetic. How about making being in the military less retarded, then people might sign up.

No and fuck no. Navy PT standards are a fucking joke.

I'm just saying, not everybody can do 35 pushups but a lot of people can do at least 13.

those standards are a joke, what benefit is there in having more people if they are completely incompetent? you aren't even required to be able to do pull ups? those are probably the lowest standards in the west.

not everybody is fit for service

Its not hard to do 35 pushups.

It takes a couple of weeks for the weakest nigga to do 35.

>not everybody can do 35 pushups
and your point is? just becouse you are too unfit it doesnt mean that it should be the norm. Im waiting for you to pull out fatshaming at this point. you might be above the avarage health, it doesnt necessarily mean you are healthy

Combat Scooters when?

Attached: 1527402804784.png (1456x909, 105K)

I'm okay with lowered PT standards but there being a good incentive to hit above the original pt standards.

Like extra pay, extra leave earned, some kind of benefit.

not everybody can drag a person out of harms way, or carry him on his back, or carry 90 lbs of gear during hours walking in the desert, that's why there are standards, being able to stand up with both leg is not an accomplishment

High PT scores already translate to promotion points, no need for more incentives.

With the amount of fat or lazy fucks getting waivers. Perhaps there is a need.

> implying soldiers do that in the first place
You could have higher standards for infantry, a cook, clerk or admin doesn't need to be a PT stud. Most people in the military are POGs anyway.

A lower standard on entrance and a higher standard on completion with a longer basic training could see an increase in recruits, along with a marketing campaign showing tbe military helping to get soldiers physically fit and overcome obstacles and shit. Not everyone wants to join the military to be a grunt. Many go in to support fields to pay for college, get employed, or get health benefits. Showing footage of training excercises and telling everyone they’ll be a warrior turns people off. A comprehensive campaign would still run some of those ads, but there are other things to be had in the military

they should be held to the same standards, the same way education and discipline are a requirement, fitness should be.

I would argue it's not that the standards need to be lowered. There should simply be one standard. Regardless of age or gender, you're either combat fit or you're not. Now, whether or not the APFT is a good measure of combat fitness is another story--I don't really think it is.

But whatever the standard is for an 18 year old male to be minimum ready, a 45 year old female should be able to match it or she shouldn't be on the field.

IMO if you ain't a grunt or a combat centric MOS the PFT should be a run and nothing else, if you can't run you can't do shit

You're a retard who clearly knows nothing about how aging affects the body.

Nah, i'm a 30 year old man that's tired of "do as I say, not as I do" mentality across the upper ranks.

Plenty of 40 year olds run circles around me, and I can run circles around a lot of Privates. You're either a go or no-go on everything else related to readiness, without handicap. The same should apply here.

this is why USA doesn't do military parades, they would look pathetic in comparison with the rest of the world with all those fat asses.

I'm 28 and plenty of 35+ year olds run circles around me too.

But I run circles around other 35+ year olds. Everyone is differen't. You can't expect every 45 year old to be able to compete with an 18 year old in their prime. Unless they literally train every day. Which to a lot of people with families and lives, is incredibly hard.

> female PT standards for everyone
> no more bs medical disqualifiers
> relaxed grooming standards
> allow people to work in their civvies
> automatic waivers for misdemeanors
There, half the nation can now join and you still get to pick the best for the job

>automatic waivers for misdemeanors
>no more bs medical disqualifiers

Dunno how these two haven't already been dropped for the sake of increasing numbers when the Army can't seem to find 80,000 recruits this year, somehow...

Bureaucracies take years to make changes.

T.shitbag

You still need to be physically fit regardless of your job.

I'm not talking about competing with primes. I'm saying that is that 45-year-old is fit enough to go to combat, an 18-year-old meeting the same physical standards is as well.

I'm not saying don't push for your peak or train to be better constantly. I'm saying that there should be one standard for this metric, like there's one standard for every other metric.

t. lied at least once at MEPS

Moreover, we're required to train 5 days a week anyway. If that isn't in effect at a unit, or isn't work at that unit, maybe the program in general needs an overhaul.

But then again, I'm one of those new-age millennial poison tradition-bucking Captains that would rather see individual or squad-level PT in the gym in the mornings than a whole platoon flopping around in the grass.

But here in Korea, them's fighting words.

I agree with you on that 100%
Just being required to sign into a gym and do a workout 5 days a week, doesn't matter what time of day.

I think I misread what you originally typed. I read it as a 45 year old should do the same as an 18 year old. I didn't read a 45 year old should be able to meet the minimum of an 18 year old. That I can agree with.

Another issue is reserves and guard units. They have a separate issue of there being NO PT outside of the tests you do on the 1 weekend a month. They have the standards to meet but no support at all to meet them.

A good friend of mine commanded a reserve unit for over 2 years and had to deal with that all the time. Neither of us ever came up with a real solution.

The real problem was the body composition; anyone can pass pushups, situps, and a run with a few weeks or a month of training pre-deployment--but that body composition takes time. And folks never seem to get separated for it.

former reversist here, something that compounds on that issue is the guys who go straight into the reserves. They do boot camp, mos school, and then are sent to their units, just as their boot motivation is starting to waiver. Then they learn to dread going to drill and within a few months time, they’re miserable and every month have a bought of PMS (pre-military syndrome)

I think you should have to do active duty before you can go reserves, then hopefully they’ll have the benefit of 4 years of consistent PT at least.

War is hell

Attached: us_t580.jpg (580x412, 56K)

No, but they should be willing to create a pre-program to get willing civilian fatbodies into shape. The world has changed, and it is far easier to sit on your ass and consume garbage all day as a society, the military should adjust accordingly.

Don't kids do sports in school nowadays?

Attached: lasierrahighpe_79.jpg (928x619, 97K)

Not enough and are also opt-in co-curricular, but that's besides the point from military service unless we start living in a Heinleinesque universe.

No, that is toxic masculinity. No joke, fat blue hairs are saying P.E. is oppressive and are trying to ban it.

Definitely not PT standards, but weight standards yes.

I consistently score 250-260 (not great, but good) but get fucked on all the time because I nearly bust tape.
You SHOULD be able to exceed standard on a PT test.

But the 1970s weight/bodyfat standards are rough on the average modern american.

Attached: 1520962352611.jpg (1600x900, 281K)

16min 2 mile

That's not really very hard desu. I *just* started training to go after an officer commission and I could do that easy.

We want our warfighters to be fucking studs. That's how they BTFO other warfighters.

Our mental fitness standards, though...

Attached: image.jpg (806x908, 235K)

Or your average American could stop being a pussy.

People should try not being fat. It's actually pretty cool.

How about we threaten high schoolers with jail time and enrollment in the sex offender registry along with lifetime 30% additional income tax if they can't meet PT standards? That way, we get a lot more fit candidates for military service. Also, women's standards should be increased to the male standards so disruptive, weak cunts are no longer allowed to serve.

No, we don't need weaklings in the greatest military the world has ever known.

Or we can just keep women out of making decisions for boys in school.

Eliminate the female standards - one standard for all.

Either they make the cut or they do not - I rather have them to make the cut than "making" the cut due to the fact that they're eligible to meet a lower standard due to their gender.

No

The standards exist for a reason. Lowering them (even in the case of women who probably shouldn't be there) is like saying "well not everyone can be a soldier but lets do it anyway for fairness and diversity's sake."

FFS I hope war breaks out so we can get smashed....

You are a soldier first. Your basic competency should be combat. Everything else is secondary and in support of that.

Congrats. You just made it even harder for the military to find new recruits.