Why didnt they call in a helicopter/armor or gave a rocket launcher to the police?

Why didnt they call in a helicopter/armor or gave a rocket launcher to the police?

Whats the heaviest weapon the police had at that time? Whats about today?

Attached: killdozer_news.jpg (310x230, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer
imdb.com/title/tt0071717/
youtube.com/watch?v=24n77GgRtrw
killdozerbook.com/2018/03/killdozer-armed-ar-15-style-rifle/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’d imagine the logistics of the situation it would be easier to let the dozer run out of gas or continue small arms fire until the perp eventually gave up. Given I’m sure no one was qualified/trained in dozer removal (just LAW is easy to use doesn’t mean average cop can fire it in a town) plus armor or some sort of helicopter would also need some sort of National Guard response.

TL;DR-Cops lazy, too expensive/tedious, wait it out

Also the controversial media response that they may have to deal with after. Like the Waco siege back in '93

Attached: o97mufqi8jo01.jpg (1190x926, 169K)

A) He wasn't killing anyone so it wasn't that big a deal.
B) American cops don't need rocket launchers.
C) American cops can barely handle glocks they shouldn't have anything bigger.
D) Interagency cooperation in America is a shitshow.
E) Local cops are typically to proud to ask for help
F) It would have taken hours to get the governor to sign off
G) National Guard response time sucks anyway
H) No one wants to use the actual military to enforce criminal law.

>Why didnt they call in a helicopter/armor or gave a rocket launcher to the police?

Attached: 1526765488749.jpg (1425x1425, 352K)

>plus armor or some sort of helicopter would also need some sort of National Guard response.
the governor decided not to use national guard becasue he didn't want the collateral damage of air-striking a US citizen with antitank missiles to make him look bad

Didn’t an officer have a .50 or something that they were using on the killdozer? Like an actual m107 an officer just happened to own?

If they were capable of responding they should have sent the National Guard in as a show of force.
They could have sent M60s to knock the thing off the road, or circled with attack helicopters.
Now there's ambiguity of how quickly the NG can actually deploy in a situation like this.

Attached: killdozer - Copy.png (2044x1002, 3.96M)

Fuck off faggot

Wikipedia is your friend OP

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

"It was alleged that then-Colorado governor Bill Owens considered authorizing the National Guard to utilize either an AH-64 Apache attack helicopter equipped with a AGM-114 Hellfire missile or a two-man fire team equipped with a FGM-148 Javelin anti tank missile to destroy the bulldozer, and that the option was later deemed unnecessary due to Heemeyer getting stuck in the Gambles hardware store. As of 2011, those on Governor Owens' staff have vehemently denied that such a course of action was considered. However, members of the State Patrol have since confirmed that the option was considered, but the governor ultimately decided against it due to the hypothetical collateral damage of a missile strike in the heart of Granby potentially being significantly higher than what Heemeyer could have committed with his bulldozer. [17]"

no one wants the military enforcing the law

No weapon can stand against the righteous fury of Marvin Heemeyer (Peace Be Upon Him) and his invincible instrument of just retribution the Blessed Killdozer.

Vroom Vroom

fuck you
contribute or leave

It wouldn't be enforcing the law. It would be the equivalent of the police enlisting the support of a piece of construction equipment, or buses from the local school board.

Suck my dick

>He wasn't killing anyone so it wasn't that big a deal.

You know, I'm kind of glad there are some rampages that aren't going for kills. I mean, it's the city that likely pissed him off.

Vroom in Peace Marv

>It would be the equivalent of the police enlisting the support of a piece of construction equipment,

The equivalent of a piece of construction equipment?
What kind of a moron are you?

im a construction worker, where is my ATGM that i suddenly need for my job?

That shit had like a foot of crude composite armor at the thickest point. Concrete sandwitched between two half inch steel plates and an indeterminate amount of plexiglass. Youd need a tank round or a Hellfire to hole that shit.

I admire the mans efforts, he was one pissed off dude who was determined to cause hell and he did. Got the city on the run.

>Shame they will never make a film about him

no one wants the military enforcing law but there is big precedent for calling in the guard when a situation exceeds the capabilities of the police. there's a big difference between "hey can you guys get some armor on the road to block this guy off" and calling in an airstrike. it's literally what the guard is therefor.

look at the LA riots, no one was upset about the guard getting called in there except the riotous blacks maybe but who gives a fuck what they think.

they were supposed to...also a documentary about it is being made. some times reasonable men must do unreasonable things..

Guy was nowhere near reasonable. Was a fucking moron who screwed himself despite the world trying its best to give him a ton of money. Then goes and blows the rest of it on the killdozer.

Nobody cared about waco neither

They did. They called in a helicopter with missiles but he killed himself before it got there

>no one was upset about the guard getting called in there except the riotous blacks maybe but who gives a fuck what they think
Attitudes like this towards your fellow citizens have allowed this country’s government to continue eroding our freedom.

There is a huge difference between blacks chimping out in one of America's largest cities and weirdo cultists minding their own damn business.

not really, i think you're just a fag. if some shit like the LA riots had happened in the 1800s for example state troops would have just shot down anyone that looked like they were making trouble and been done with it, and no one would have batted an eye either.

on a more serious note i get where your coming from and as far as the "big picture" goes yeah you're mostly right. esp. where it concerns police overstep and the boundaries of martial authority, but in this limited circumstance i think you're cutting the nose to spite the face.

should we always treat use of force by the state with suspicion? yes. but, at the same time, just because the state applies force doesn't mean it's unjust or outside the mandate set by the social contract. killdozer dude was fucking shit up in the extreme, the NG is an organ of the state not the Fed and it would have been 100% within the governors right to order use of NG resources to help in an extreme situation outside of the capability of the police. maybe deployment of heavy weapons would have been a little much but i bet a couple M60s could have cornered and trapped killdozer in some tight spot nice and easy and a lot quicker than waiting for the guy to run out of fuel.

i'm not a fan of the road pirates, but i also am not a fan of criminals. blind hatred for a necessary institution like dedicated law enforcement without acknowledging the advantages of having such an institution is about as stupid as blind worship of the same by retarded boomers who refuse to acknowledge their faults and bad behavior.

have a F.w. 190 for your trouble

Attached: AProudAndNoblePlaneNotForLewd.jpg (1200x797, 368K)

All you have to do is toss some molotovs on it and let fire work its magic.

They called the Air Force and asked them to launch an anti tank missile.

Attached: last american hero.jpg (418x120, 13K)

Are you really telling me an armoured recovery vehicle is that different than a tractor

Attached: 7a5.gif (482x800, 29K)

Attached: Killdozer.jpg (1300x4200, 2.02M)

They were planning on calling the army to get an anti-tank weapon but then he cracked the engine black under a building

>I mean, it's the city that likely pissed him off.

Um.....

> Zoning dispute

> In 1992, Heemeyer purchased 2 acres (0.81 hectares) of land from the Resolution Trust Corporation, the federal agency organized to handle the assets of failed savings and loan institutions. He purchased the land for $42,000 to build a muffler shop and subsequently agreed to sell the land to Mountain Park Concrete to build a concrete batch plant. The agreed price was $250,000, but Cody Docheff failed to reply to Heemeyer with a counteroffer. According to Susan Docheff, Heemeyer changed his mind and increased the price to $375,000 and later demanded a deal worth approximately $1 million. Some believed that this negotiation happened before the rezoning proposal was heard by the town council.[5]

> In 2001, the zoning commission and the town's trustees approved the construction of a concrete batch plant. Heemeyer attempted to appeal the decision but was unsuccessful. For many years, Heemeyer had used the adjacent property as a way to get to his muffler shop. The plan for the concrete plant blocked that access. In addition to the frustration engendered by this dispute over access, Heemeyer was subsequently fined $2,500 by the Granby town council for various violations, including "junk cars on the property and not being hooked up to the sewer line".[6][7]

They were in the process of activating an Apache and a Javelin team from the National Guard when he got stuck and killed himself.

>At this point, local authorities and the Colorado State Patrol feared they were running out of options in terms of firepower, and that Heemeyer would soon turn against civilians in Granby. It was alleged that then-Colorado governor Bill Owens considered authorizing the National Guard to utilize either an AH-64 Apache attack helicopter equipped with a AGM-114 Hellfire missile or a two-man fire team equipped with a FGM-148 Javelin anti tank missile to destroy the bulldozer, and that the option was later deemed unnecessary due to Heemeyer getting stuck in the Gambles hardware store.

I predict that you'll seeing more of these types of incidents in the coming years, particularly in the West where you can't even graze your cows without hitting federal land.

>it's literally what the guard is therefor.
No. The Guard is there for foreign invasion of the homeland.

The weirdo cultists were physically and mentally raping kids. (Maybe. We can't really believe the government about things like that.) Of course then the government went in and murdered those kids, so...

I'm with a small town department and even we have some interesting shit in unmarked, unlisted gray buildings throughout the city. Nothing with launched explosives that I know of, but definitely charges of sorts. We'd at least be able to box that thing in with heavy vehicles and lay a charge on it, or perhaps even lay charges in the street and blow it. I'm also pretty sure we have at least one Barret .50 cal. Cant afford a helicopter though unfortunately.

I would think an event like that should be treated as an attack on the country. Not sure how long the national guard would take to get mobilized but they could at least send out an Apache to gun the thing down.

>Whats about today?
It will be labeled as a terror attack and every possible resource will be called. National Guard included, but that will take time because they probably aren't sitting on their asses waiting for a phone call like SWAT teams are.

It absolutely blows my mind that your national guard can afford to have fucking Apaches and jet fighters.

20kk to spend.
Bulldozer (free):
>medium (free)
Armour (-15kk):
>scrap metal (free)
>concrete (-2kk)
>titanium (-7kk)
>bulletproof glass (-6kk)
Weaponry (-7kk):
>improved scoop (-2kk)
>flamethrower (-5kk)
Extras (-17kk):
>optics (-1kk)
>self destruct (-3kk)
>improved engine (-6kk)
>communications (-2kk)
>stronger treads (-5kk)
Complications (+19kk):
>sealed in (+7kk)
>military base (+5kk)
>rival killdozer (+3kk)
>shoot to kill (+4kk)
Total: 0kk and a bitch'n' time.

Waco lasted 51 days; plenty of time to mobilize national guard. If killdozer lasted longer than a day he likely would have gotten a similar response.

State of Emergency, presidential declaration of mobilization, posse comitatus law. Christ, user.

pedo's got what they deserved.

were ready for the aliens

It's old shit that the other branches were going to scrap or sell for pennies on the dollar. Same with MRAPs and other things that are given to police departments.

>pedos
Proofs?

This was so many years ago. He caused multiple millions of dollars in property damage. It would have been economical to pulverize the thing with explosives not even considering human lives.

There was claims from the one guy who got kicked out, and why the fuck was it the ATF if it was that?

They thought about launching a javelin or hellfire but the collateral was deemed more expensive than what would have been caused

"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable" "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

that tank doesn't have any machine guns. so i would doubt it has any cannon ammo? what was it going to do?

People need to look up the town where this happened. It's a small mountain town a ways away from any major population center. Would take the military 2-3 hours to get there by land. He could have leveled the town at worst, provided he had enough fuel. Chances are he couldn't have gone much further.

the tanks were actually used as bulldozers, ironically

Marvin is a hero.

Attached: Marvin_Heemeyer.jpg (240x237, 16K)

>Shame they will never make a film about him
Of course they won't. I might actually go to the theater if they did.

>Nobody cared about waco neither
Come again?

Attached: rydertruck.jpg (480x360, 27K)

except thats been proven to be a false flag, mcvey was a loser who agreed to be the fall guy and be remembered for something

Using "proven" pretty fast and loose there slugger.

Minding their own business and raping kids hmmm

More like a retard

sup shill

sup pedo autist

Proofs? Fun fact: You don't get to accuse people being pedophiles, kill them, burn down the compound and the children inside with it then pretend you have a moral high ground.

I don't know, given how low the current opinion of the police are compared to the military if someone announced they were going to discontinue the force and replace them entirely with the National Guard, the response would probably be somewhat positive. After all, military get the reputation of protecting the country while police get the reputation of slowly undermining it one killing at a time.
Still, today the police have IFVs armed specifically to deal with these types of situations. Flank the killdozer and light it up with the autocannon.

Would have been something if a rival kill dozer fought him. Battle Bots XXXXXXXXXL, bet it would have been cooler to watch than the Japanese robot vs American robot fight.

this meme doesn't make sense outside of Jow Forums

mad pedo apologist

b8

Lol a guy i work with grew up in granby and used to hangout with killdozer guy. Apparently he was nice guy who got pushed too far by bullshit small town politics.

>google killdozer
>get this
imdb.com/title/tt0071717/
>mfw

Attached: 1454833620285-tg.jpg (400x539, 20K)

He had a FN FNC and a Barrett .50 cal in the Killdozer. He had good taste in guns. I think he had a Mini-14 too but I will ignore that choice.

nice focke wulf

They need to make this a fucking game

Best Marvin tribute vid is 12 years old and features a song from the 1980's cartoon Transformers movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=24n77GgRtrw

Attached: EFCE8D50-F9FB-4DDE-BEBE-3CA78D92AA54.gif (500x246, 660K)

>heavy
titanium 7/20
scoop 7/20
mortar 14/20
thermal optics 17/20
extra fuel 20/20
area of operation: sanfrancisco

a true lalelilulo

“We must save the children by killing the children”
And Randy Weaver was a gun trafficker, right?

The ATF was involved because they were allegedly manufacturing machine guns.
Which is probably true. Koresh was a nut. He wanted the Feds to come down on him like that to create his own Armageddon.

they wouldnt have got there in time anyway

posse comitatus you dumb fag

Bulldozer (Free):
>Medium (Free)
Armour (-13 KK):20
>Scrap Metal (Free)
>Titanium (-7 KK)
>Bulletproof Glass (-6 KK)
Weaponry (-9 KK):
>Scoop (Free)
>Mounted MG (-4 KK)
>Flamethrower (-5 KK)13
Extras (-17 KK):
>Advanced Optics (-3 KK)
>Oil (-1 KK)
>Extra Fuel (-3 KK)
>Communications (-2 KK)
>Escape Hatch (-8 KK)
Complications (+19 KK):
>Sealed In (+7 KK)
>Military Base (+5 KK)
>Rival Killdozer (+3 KK)
>Shoot to Kill (+4 KK)

We might need a SWAT team

allegedly.

>At this point, local authorities and the Colorado State Patrol feared they were running out of options in terms of firepower, and that Heemeyer would soon turn against civilians in Granby.
>It was alleged that then-Colorado governor Bill Owens considered authorizing the National Guard to utilize either an AH-64 Apache attack helicopter equipped with a AGM-114 Hellfire missile or a two-man fire team equipped with a FGM-148 Javelin anti tank missile to destroy the bulldozer, and that the option was later deemed unnecessary due to Heemeyer getting stuck in the Gambles hardware store.
>As of 2011, those on Governor Owens' staff have vehemently denied that such a course of action was considered. However, members of the State Patrol have since confirmed that the option was considered, but the governor ultimately decided against it due to the hypothetical collateral damage of a missile strike in the heart of Granby potentially being significantly higher than what Heemeyer could have committed with his bulldozer. [17]

>it’s that same commie who always defends the town on Granby in these threads
Kys

Hey guys here's a really insightful article about his port firing weapon

killdozerbook.com/2018/03/killdozer-armed-ar-15-style-rifle/

Attached: AR15 style rifle.jpg (1000x689, 185K)

>Why didnt they
let me stop you
small town with something like 4 cops and two cars armed with 4 pistols and 4 rifles

Attached: 1367184888743.jpg (640x433, 66K)

This. if he pulled this nonsense in LA the cops would have thrown equal portions jizz and rockets at him

At the end of the day, if he wasn't posing a threat to lives he shouldn't be shot down.

His actual intentions may not have been to kill anyone (even though he had a Barret and a mini 14) but cops had every right to assume he was a threat to lives considering he was wrecking half the town in an appropriately named killdozer

Yep

>Dozer:
Super Heavy
>Armor (-9KK):
Scrap metal, Titanium
>Weaponry (-4KK):
Improved Scoop, Box of Guns,
>Extras (-19KK):
Advanced optics, Escape Hatch, Self Destruct, Murderholes, Oil, Comms

>Complications (+12KK):
Military Base, Rival Killdozer, Shoot to Kill

>Be me
>High-class hick in Pensacola, Florida
>Be in possession of a ACCO Super Bulldozer that I call "Luanne"
>Had a terrible neighbor by the name of Dinkleberg
>Used to steal my tools, stole my wife, and stole my place on the neighborhood's advisory board.
>He also has a pet alligator that shits on my lawn
>One day he breaks the last straw by letting his gator destroy my moonshine lab.
>Nobody messes with my moonshine
>Spent the entire day installing heavy armor, infrared cameras, and explosives.
>Painted it black for tactical superiority
>Later that night, I engage Luanne to un-exist his trailer.
>Afterwards, I ATF'd his gator.
>I was not aware that Dinkleberg had a killdozer of his own until he started screaming over the radio.
>"YEW MOTHERFUCKR!" "YOU KILLED CHARLIE!"
>Shortly after hearing this, I see a hick-armored Caterpillar D4K2 bust out of his shed and charge me at full speed.
>I opened the comms and just chuckled at him.

Shall I continue?