Are carry handles outdated?

Are carry handles outdated?

Attached: 25E577B3-0C67-4651-AFC1-285D198C3558.jpg (1434x485, 110K)

Yes. Use a sling instead.

UGLY
G
L
Y

Yes.

Attached: WP_20171126_003[1].jpg (2550x1489, 1.59M)

If I’m using just irons, I like the carry handle because for CQB I can use it sort of like trench sights for quick shooting.

But that’s about it. Training with irons is good, but optics BTFO irons for practical application.

I have never seen anyone use the carry handle for its intended purpose. I'm honestly not sure why you ever would, either you're carrying it at low ready or you've got it hanging off a sling. But it made sense when those rifles first came out- you're already making the sights that tall, so why not have a handle attached to them? Less so now in the age of having something else to actually put there.

I think originally it was meant to protect the vertical charging handle on early models, not even be a carry handle, it just kinda eventually turned into one.

Attached: early-ar15.jpg (500x338, 35K)

Mainly asking his question because I have a rifle with a carry handle and a non F marked FSB and would like to lower 1/3rd cowitness with a red dot. Do I need an F marked fsb to do this?

Oh boy here we fucking go. It was meant to do both. Which is to say that it was always meant to be used as a carry handle. The whole “carry handles aren’t really carry handles” is modern military training where DIs beat the new truth into peoples’ heads because they do not have time to teach masses of room temp IQ recruits about doctrinal evolution.

Old style doctrine was that rifles were unslung in combat. If you had to carry something in the off hand, you carried the rifle by the carry handle. You can look up old FMs that still show things like liter carries employing a carry handle carry. This doctrine is also the reason that rifles like FALs came with carry handles.

The carry handle also provided a base for mounting optics. It pulled a lot of duties.

Let me understand.

You have a railed receiver with a detachable carry handle, and a non-F fsb? How did this happen?

It was originally meant to be used for carrying the rifle. Hence why Eugene stoned left it on when he switched the charging handle to the rear

Windham weaponry is retarded I guess. I don’t see why they would do this but is it going to cause a problem? I think they did it because the rifle is designed to because it has an a2 carry handle

Cont. I read somewhere that the A2 carry handle is not meant to be used with an F marked fsb not sure if this is true or not

The AR is not the only rifle to have the carry handle, though. Basically every rifle whose design required very tall sights ended up building them into a handle. Beyond the actual use of the handle, you're a lot less likely to break it off compared to just a really tall post.

Attached: SA80.png (760x350, 135K)

Any railed receiver should be using an F-fsb. The F-fsb accounts for the fact that the rear sights will all sit slightly higher than an integrated rear sight.

For clarity, I would not refer to a detachable rear sight as an A2, since it is not. What you have is an M4/A4 style rear sight. It should, like any detachable rear sight, be used with an F-fsb.

It will cause issues as you might be maxing out elevation and still not getting the zero you want.

If you bought it direct, I’d return that shit. Other option is to stick a free float tube on there with front BUIS which will ensure aligned height for sights.

Why the fuck would they do this? Windham is the old bushmaster guys before they were bought out by freedom group. You’d think they would realize this.

Yes, but they're arguably aesthetic. I personally just like the look.

>Freedom Group

My dude

Attached: 65CE9A6E-6D03-412B-A8A8-F8C5D3F08182.jpg (750x1247, 474K)

Only when they're detachable.

I’m aware. What I’m saying is that should have been our warning sign. Freedom Group takes known names and pumps out trash with them.

They're really good irons, but irons are becoming increasingly obsolete

What'd you expect from Cerberus Holdings? Everything they touch turns to shit!

Do we still have hands?