1911 (RIA) vs 92FS for open carry

Looking to spend less than 600 for an open carry fun. Wat do? Also slide mounted safety and DA/SA on the 92 don't bother me.

Attached: 92fs-3-400x400.jpg (400x400, 35K)

the 1911 is more classy

Attached: 1525208246632.jpg (2048x1227, 307K)

92fs is too fuckhuge to carry outside of a duty context.
Not that I am encouraging you to do either.

About the same size as a lot of carry revolvers. Lighter than a 1911. I am 5’8” 145 pounds and cc a 92fs

>5’8”

I wear a blazer daily for work and would be carrying in a shoulder holster. Weight probably will not be an issue.

Yeup if a manlet can do it then others can. I also run a ptr91.

how do you avoid printing?

I open carry both the m9a3 and colt 1911 and conceal them both as well.

Most important thing is to find a great belt. I use a Galco velcro carry belt. Supports the massive 1911 weight you are going to have to endure. Use a blackhawk 5' IWB nylon at my appendix and be sure to wear clothes that moderatorly hang but still fit well to you if you don't want it to be seen. If you don't feel that is adequate enough, wear black shorts(wrangler)/jeans etc etc.

Good 1911 shoots comfy like a 92, you can't go wrong with both. I use the .45 fed HST as a personal preference most of the time.

GET THAT 1911 SON YOU WONT REGRET IT. DOESNT MATTER ITS ONLY GOT 7 ROUNDS YOURE ONLY GONNA USE ONE, FORDYFIVE HAS STOPPINPOWAH 9MM CAN ONLY DREAM OF

MAYBE 9 WILL EXPAND, BUT 45 WILL NEVER SHRINK

HANDGUN DESIGN PEAKED IN THE YEAR 1911

Broad shoulders, some pecs, and narrow hips helps with profile to have something on me. Can do tight t-shirts that form to upper half and they’re still baggy enough at hips to hide what is on my hip. As long as I’m not doing a compression shirt I don’t worry about imprinting.

I’ll admit choice of clothes and carry method helps a lot too. Had to try like three types of iwb holsters to find something that helps keep pistol angled, low, and in place. Also nice belt too so my pants or jeans don’t sag to the pistol side and still be comfortable.

I used to conceal a 92A1. All you need is a good holster and a forgiving beltline in your pants. nbd.

That being said, if RIA is the only other contender, you can do one of their double stack 9mm/.22tcm guns for the memes. If I could find one in person, I would try it.

>open carry
Why? I mean, I get that you can, and I've seen business owners do it in contexts that make sense to me, but is there any reason to open carry as a private citizen other than obnoxious dick waving?

It lets people know not to fuck with you without risking a brandishing charge for revealing a concealed gun.

okay since its open carry being fuckhuge isnt a problem. buy the berreta. opencarrys for hey look at me look how awesome my gun is. dont you guys think im cool. if your showoff gun is ria all your saying is look how poor i am.

Go with the Beretta 92FS. It’s a classic pistol with good lines/appearance. They are also super reliable and easy to take care of. Had mine for over 10 years and I have loved it. Make sure to feed it 124 Grain bullets instead of the typical 115 Grain. It has a heavy slide which likes the recoil of the 124 Grain much better. PSA even has the 124 Grain on sale right now at a killer price of 9.99 a box online with free shipping.

9 rounds in an RIA 1911.
Plus, avg defensive use ends in 4 rounds or less. If someone is comfortable with a 1911, by all mean carry it.

For the record, open carrying for any reason other than not being able to CC is pretty gay
>INB4 acts like a faggot to get into an argument with cops for a YouTube video

Seconded, open carry douchebags only hurt gun rights.

>open carry
y tho

Go with the 92FS. It's the Italian sports car of combat handguns...well, at least it's from Italy.

LOL even open carrying safely and legally? Naw brah, braw naw.

So happy I live in a (constitutional carry)free state!

I see no problems carrying with proper retention in non-faggy places. its a judgement call if it means liberal panties will be fully bunched.

Please open carry dressed like a bum with a fedora and neckbeard.

If you carry safely and legally for the purposes of fronting like an asshole, yeah. You have a right to do that, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

>believing this fuddlore

Trigger the libz, OP.

Attached: LiberalTriggering.jpg (850x400, 40K)

I literally had to lookup 'fronting' and decide how the hell you are using it. I open carry because it is perfectly legal and makes the places I go to a lot safer and more comfy for me.

When you live in an area like I do, a place that has received the highest crime rate in America for many years from time to time that is only 15 minutes away. Yeahhhhhhhhh

>I open carry because it is perfectly legal
Why would you choose that over concealed carry if that is an option to you?

is it going to be open carry just for show, like an accessory to be seen with? or for defensive purposes where you might need to save your life? if the former, then get the 1911. if the latter, then you need a gun that works without jamming after 2 shots so get the beretta 92

Attached: 1527198311427.jpg (1650x928, 417K)

more comfortable for starters
also my gun has a lot of swag, looks great and love to show it off. 1911&stuff
Literally the only risk I'm taking is that anyone that is wanting to do bad things is going to single you out first, most likely. Why you train and know your and body gun etc etc

I'm 5'3" and CC a 92A1 as my backup. A Makarov is my primary.

Yeah. I live out in the sticks and spend a lot of time outdoors in wolf/mountain lion territory. I want a full sized gun for that purpose since I'm a much better shot with a full sized pistol. Open carry is more comfortable and more quick than concealed carry.

How about I have a lot more faith in my ability to shoot well with a full sized pistol, but concealing a full sized pistol is a pain in the ass and far less comfy than just keeping it in a hip holster.