My Schizobux finally come in this Friday and I plan on getting a Ruger LCR as my new CCW...

My Schizobux finally come in this Friday and I plan on getting a Ruger LCR as my new CCW, but I can't decide which caliber I want to get, right now I'm down to either the .327 Federal Magnum or the .38 Special. The 327 is a more powerful round than the 38 and it holds one more round, but it's heavier, $70 more expensive and I've heard it has a pretty powerful recoil, though not as much as the .357. Can any LCR owners here provide some input?

Attached: RugerLCR327-F.jpg (650x400, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=27wDLjY5JSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

327 for the win

Some people will definitely argue the point, but personally in a gun that small I would much rather have the .38 Special. .357 (or .327) is manageable in a bigger gun but not in a little snub nose with a lot of polymer.

I bought a .357 but only ever shoot .38 out of it. I wanted the flexibility to be able to shoot .357 if I ever wanted to, and the slightly heavier frame.

Snubs are pretty harsh to shoot in Magnum calibers, particularly the light Ruger there, I'd suggest .38 Special.

Get one chambered in .357. You can always carry .38 spl in it, but you can never shoot .357 out of one chamebred in .38.

I personally think .38 is shit. One of the main draws of revolvers is the more powerful cartridge, but .38 is like similar to 9mm. At that point you might as well just carry a pistol.

Normally I don't bother with .357 revolvers if there's a .38 version available, but for the LCR I got it in .357.

The extra weight helps make shooting .38 more tolerable out of a light gun.

I managed to get the 3" LCRx (.38) and it is a real pleasure to shoot. Slightly harder to pocket than a regular LCR, but you can put shorter grips on it.

I always read you lose like 20-40 FPS if you use .38 in a .357. I know that doesn’t seem like a lot, but in that short of a barrel, I want all the power I can get.

The LCR in 38 hurts my hand after 50 rounds. It’s way too fucking light for a 327. Good luck on follow up shots

I have one in .357. It isn't particularly fun to shoot a ton of .357 in one session, but you can mostly shoot .38 special if you're plinking and just shoot enough .357 to be comfortable with your carry ammo. If you have your heart set on .38 or .327, the .327 is the superior self defense choice, but I'd still say go with the .357 one. Some of the .357 stuff is pretty brutal out of it, but I've been pretty happy with hornady critical defense. Good performance but not as snappy of recoil as some of the other stuff I've tried out of it.

That's an inconsequential difference for a huge gain, and you can always shoot 38sp +p if you want to maximize your effectiveness without going all the way to a .357

I'd be more concerned about potential accuracy loss due to the small amount of freebore.

That said, people shoot .38s out of .357s all the time, so probably not enough of an issue to matter.

>schizobux
>and still owning weapons

So how does this work owo?

I have the LCRx in .38. I like it.

Attached: 0CC3A9C8-F705-4B4C-B8A9-500856FC1142.jpg (3198x2398, 904K)

The concussive force and large fireball from a Magnum in a snub seems bothersome to me, I'd trade 60fps for less of that, easy.

Magnums are the only thing keeping revolvers relevant. Go .357 or bigger, or don't bother with revolvers.

Shooting .38 +P out of the LCR has quite a bit of recoil and a hell of a fireball. .357 magnum would seem not so great in a gun as light and small as the LCR.

Pic related, it’s a fireball from .38 target load from my LCR, not even +P

Attached: 14531DE2-F8E0-444D-937D-0275478EFFE1.jpg (1238x1550, 196K)

He keeps taking his medication and he remains crisp.
Most schizos don't have more violent tendencies than other people, it's more like weird, annoying and disturbing delusions which can make it hard to concentrate or to not eventually react to it. Some might have difficulties determining if a delusion isn't real, though some people devise methods to tell, which tend to kinda work.

Like it could legit be a voice in your head calling you a faggot all the time, in like a really annoying tone.
It doesn't make you homocidal, it makes you just desperately want it to shut up.

Yeah muzzle flash is pretty common with those short barrels

I don't get any flash when using some 158gr LRN out of my LCR tho

Getting it for some reason was incredibly easy, I was a voluntary inpatient at a mental hospital for less than a week and saw a couple of psychiatrist a handful of times and then I applied for the bus and got it in a couple of months and I never once mentioned to anyone that I had guns or carried guns or was licensed to carry guns.

This is some stupid internet bullshit. .38 was carried by almost ever police force for 80 fucking years and it worked fine for them. With modern +P .38s you can get about 1,000 FPS out of an LCR barrel. You could go with .357 but the velocity would be negligable on that short of a barrel with a larger fireball and significantly more recoil.

Ignore anyone who says “it has to be X caliber or your a fag”

Shoot what you feel most comfortable with and can actually maintain control of.

I think you only get prohibited if you are involuntarily committed

I carry +P 115g critical defense in my LCR. 1,000 FPS our of that little barrel.

Fuck off, retard, +P .38 Special JHPs are good shit.

Generally this. I don't really care if a schizo carries or goes shooting clays, as long as he keeps up the medication.

115gr? Do you have the 9mm LCR?

Correct. I was in the same situation as OP about a decade ago (mental inpatient, not schizobux) and I've bought tons of guns since.

.327 is .053 inches smaller than .38.

small bullets are gay as fuck.

you want to be a fag, that's up to you

So how was your schizophrenia? Did the curtains talk to you or did you just get some real 'funny' ideas?

Have the .357, would recommend. Super light, easy to conceal. I have the hogue boot grip on mine, as it's smaller than the factory grip yet still has the "tamer" cushion, which does help. The .357's are super manageable. I can't speak for the .327, but I figure you probably can't go wrong either way. Practice ammo will be more expensive, that's all.

Attached: 20180518_214143.jpg (3090x1972, 3.52M)

He has a beautiful mind. And he should gt the .327 for maximum capacity and memery.

>schizobucks
People like you shouldn't have guns. Off to the gulag

>gulag
Around here we hang commies on sight.

Nice.

I think the psychiatrists misdiagnosed me because of the way I described my condition, I think it might just be a weird form of OCD.

hooktube.com/watch?v=27wDLjY5JSs

Attached: 1525989637994.jpg (238x165, 17K)

should have bought the 9mm LCR you plebs. buying a .357 to only shoot .38 when the 9mm exists is just dumb.

they have a high co-occurrence rate, so you can have both at the same time.
>.t Cyclothymic BPD + HFA + OCD patient with a trap fetish

>semi-auto cartridge in a revolver
>moon clips
>crimp jump

no way fag

>semi-auto cartridge in a revolver
Would you make an exception to your distaste for a S&W 547?

If .327 Federal kicks too much, you can shoot .32 H&R with one more round than .38, better penetration, and less recoil.
.327 Federal LCR is the only correct answer.
the 3" LCRx with replacement grips (and maybe even the potato grip) is compact, light, easy, and powerful.

Attached: 327357mag38special4inCombined.png (1640x1158, 245K)

If I'm gonna carry a .32 it's not gonna be in a revolver.

Attached: Pocket Hammerless.jpg (600x408, 50K)

Attached: 1526691173001.jpg (616x478, 55K)

Easily the .327

I carry a Ruger SP101 in .357 and am seriously considering selling and getting a .327 instead. Super impressive little round.

Man, the recent 327 meming has really taken hold huh?

An SP101 in .327 is a very different beast than an LCR in the same caliber. Just because it's a good round doesn't mean it's a good round in all applications.

typical 38+p might seem a little weak, but the thing about the LCR is I wouldn't trust it with super hot ammo.
many people will go with something like buffalo bore 38+p in their 357s instead. it's a pretty decent middle ground.

>not carrying the superior model 51
oh sweetie...

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1024x678, 40K)

best .32 coming through

Attached: LeadForBreakfast.png (435x382, 228K)

Attached: Mauser 1914.jpg (300x229, 10K)

If it's a choice between .327 or .38 I'd say go .327

Memes aside .327 dominates .38 (even in +p loadings) and rivals .357 enough to the point that other than availability it has enough advantages to merit consideration.

LCR daily carrier here. I love my .38 Special +P version. The 110gr Hornady +P load is fucking awesome and I love carrying a pistol that literally weighs under a pound.

.327 is a meme and .357 is too much for a gun this small and light. Not worth it.

Get the .38.

Good .38 +P is basically 9mm tier, so it's perfectly fine for defensive use

One can always just get the .357 LCR and shoot strictly .38s out of it, the extra weight will help with recoil

17oz is still fairly lightweight too

I would seem that 4 ounces isn't that much. But that 4 ounces literally makes the .357 version about 30% heavier than the .38 version. It makes a big difference when pocket or IWB carrying. Pants or belt sag starts to become an issue when you get up toward 20 ounces.

>gun that turns into a paperweight if I lose my moon clips
How about no?

you can still fire the gun without the clips, idiot.

yeah, but then you have to manually poke out the spent casings

OP here, I carry with an IWB holster and this is one of my concerns, I don't want my pants falling down because I'm carrying a too heavy gun.

It's fine dude

ok, but just saying theyre like 9mm doesn't mean much, unless you're also saying that everyone should carry 9mm or the closest equivalent?
the fact is that OP could go for something more powerful than typical 38+p, and a lot of people do, regardless of 9mm memes.

>the fact is that OP could go for something more powerful than typical 38+p
yeah he could, but we're talking about the LCR in this thread

and while the LCR is available in .357, the question is would OP or whomever wants an LCR, really want .357 in such a lightweight gun?

>ignoring reality again
that's exactly why i pointed out buffalo bore as the middle ground