I know Jow Forums holds STALKER in high regards. But what of Africa Combat Simulator. Formally known as Farcry 2?

I know Jow Forums holds STALKER in high regards. But what of Africa Combat Simulator. Formally known as Farcry 2?

Attached: FarCry 2.png (600x450, 495K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Far_Cry_2
youtube.com/watch?v=93bPTrlknIY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Recovery_Administration
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>enemies are bulletsponges who function at 100% even with 1 hp
>enemies spawn within feet behind you
>no lasting impact is ever saved or seen around the map

Fun atmosphere but incredibly repetitive and boring gameplay.
>walk 5 feet from clearsd outpost
>outpost respawned with guards.
>reloading Springfield via stripper clips inserted in the bottom of the gun

fun but flawed

It has the most amusing IMFDB page.

imfdb.org/wiki/Far_Cry_2

Fucking mirrored weapons, and unlike with stalker it is not possible to fix it with mods.

Protip for degsiners: filthy casuals don't care about this at all, and people who do care, are annoyed by it. This shit has literally no positive sides at all for anyone.

It has a better engine and miles better healing animations than the other far cry games but lacks just enough polish to be note worthy.

It's okay with the realism mod that changes to damage and spawning

>guns sound like they're made of potmetal
>unjam guns your bolt action rifle by pulling on the bolt really hard
>all the guns have the ejection ports on the wrong side
>the AR-15 is unreliable meme
>G3 handles like an assault rifle
>all the gun sights look retarded
>magical deagle appears for mercy killing
>guns sound like airshit
I enjoyed Far Cry 2 back in the day, but it is far from a combat simulator. It was tedious that 90% of the game was driving back and forth to missions and the billion respawning enemies constantly ambushing you.

That game sucked ass badly.
Farcry 1 was a good game.
>I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU IN YOUR FACE.
Ah, still gets me every time, best voice acting ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=93bPTrlknIY

I enjoyed it but should they ever remaster it I'd like to see them include:

>correct-handed weapon models
>select fire (I only used semi-auto in FC5)
>functional stealth
>checkpoints and outposts with functional supply lines you can disrupt (enemies respawn at checkpoints unless you capture a nearby outpost, destroy a fuel depot, etc)

>no lasting impact is ever saved or seen around the map
Just like Africa

Huge wasted potential. So much so it reminds me of The Bureau Declassified.
>why couldn't it have been LA Noire with ayyys and other spoops

Attached: 4657678.jpg (1920x1080, 1.59M)

>all these contrarian newfags
Fuck off, FC2 is Rhodesia Simulator the Game.

Stalker has the same shit and is an objectively worse game.

Attached: capitalistplz.jpg (276x280, 43K)

>The Desert Eagle is also used if the player chooses to execute a wounded buddy; some players will find this an emotional, saddening moment, while the rest will wish they were allowed to use the M79 instead.

I giggled

>Farcry 2
>combat simulator
Pic related is what a combat simulator looks like, faggot.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 87K)

>So the Far Cry 2 team spent weeks in Africa researching, almost got eaten by lions, came back, and forgot to check if you're supposed to pull the pin out before throwing the grenade?

Africa wages war a little differently than even the poorest Eastern Bloc state

Attached: actualfarcy2screenshot.jpg (917x530, 131K)

>>guns sound like they're made of potmetal
>implying they aren't literally made of potmetal
it's africa ffs

I would unironically be interested in playing a simulation of African warfare

Attached: CAR fighter.jpg (1200x800, 298K)

As long as the wedding dress isn't behind a microtransaction.

Honestly, can you imagine the customization options? This is the Battlefield game we need.

Attached: Sapeurs.jpg (630x472, 56K)

Rape 10 civilians to go into 'brown brown' time for extra damage

Attached: abraham-attah-beasts-of-no-nation.jpg (1915x795, 254K)

The guy that wrote that, Evil Tim, has a youtube channel called CruelestChris

t. someone that used to contribute to that site

I do find the theme pretty nice with a good portrail of everyone is an asshole in a civil being an excuse for control of natural resources amd shit instead of really political views.
But gameplay wise game is full of dumb stuff that just make it weird to play, i fucking love far cry 2 but i know as a game is flawed shit, remember reading somewhere how gameplaybwas meant to have more stuff like wild animals the latter games had. Kinda wished they gave another shot at trying to make another similar game with better gameplay

The epitome of wasted potential. I really liked the idea of sub-saharan african PMC simulator type thing. Not a "endlessly spawning guards and checkpoints with guns that actually explode after going through 3 magazines" simulator.

just played it again this year
nostalgia never wears off but goddamn was I reminded why I despised this game

then again
mortars, rhodesians, the hk clone gun. still fun.

> Farcry 4
> That ending
Are you finished? Get that out of your system? Good. Maybe now we can go SHOOT SOME GODDAMN GUNS!

That's a Jow Forums simulator
> May Pagan's light shine upon you all.

it's utter shit.

Nothin like sneakin around at night as anton chigurh.

Attached: IMG_0810.jpg (1280x800, 306K)

Yeah I enjoyed it but once you've unlocked all of the guns there's nothing worth doing

It used to be viewed pretty favorably on Jow Forums and held in the same regard as stalker, but some youtuber /v/ likes made a video about it so now we hate it and always did.

The folding, real-time map was nice. I wish they'd bring it back. AI was interesting. Isolated or injured enemies would sometimes hunker down behind cover and wait, instead of wandering around screaming your name. Made for some delicious surprises.

The feel and concept of the game is truly one of the best. I'd like to see another gritty, mercenary/guerrilla style game with better gameplay. The realism mod would be an improvement if it addressed the enemies' unnaturally keen vision.

holy shit is that NRA banners in that Xcom the bureau pic

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Recovery_Administration

Well shit man, I really thought they snuck in NRA banners in their.

I hated it ever since my first playthrough upon release. First time was enjoyable despite the obvious flaws, replayability is 0.

>It used to be viewed pretty favorably on Jow Forums and held in the same regard as stalker,
No, it wasn't.
t: been here since fucking 2005, played both during release.

That fucking lion sound effect they used for enemy vehicles was spooky as all shit. Still terrifies me after like 50 hours in the game.

Attached: K_MM_03_LEONES_03.jpg (700x438, 141K)

>Rhodesia Simulator

Attached: delet.jpg (1194x1080, 133K)

Yeah, it was. It didn't get the huge number of threads that stalker did and there was a recognition of its flaws that you dont see with stalker fans, but it had a sizable and dedicated following. If people hated it then, they were much less vocal about it.
t. been here since 2007, played both during release, still have the FC2 preorder steelbook around somewhere