Handgun General - /hg/ - #119

Red dots are a meme edition.

Paste bin here
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guild here
scribd.com/document/346633700/Git-Gud-k-s-Guide-to-Practicing-Defensive-Pistolcraft-Revision-1

Old thread here

Attached: FHG-1399-Product.jpg (700x371, 150K)

ayyyy i gotta meme machine

Attached: boi.png (992x690, 1.17M)

I wanna see someone build a tacticool flintlock handgun like that. With all the rails and bells and whistles and shit.

Attached: p30l rio.jpg (4882x3006, 2.83M)

Single stack 9mms for carry, go.

Thinking about grabbing a 709 Slim but would like the G43. Possibly a LC9S Pro.

>no full auto add-on from wish.com
It's like you're not even trying you fucking faggot

They only fit the Gen1 properly

Attached: 20180520_024623-2121x1478.jpg (2121x1478, 1.1M)

Red 9 C96 on a lanyard. Be a man.

I own dogs.

Local range has a bunch of pistols for rent. Tried out a couple but of the four I tried, the XD Mod 2 was the only one I actually like and that fit right in my hand. It's been a while since I've been around Jow Forums but I remember they used to be a giant meme because of the >lol XD thing. Is there actually anything wrong with them though? I can one brand new for

Attached: 1526762072061.png (1280x1920, 2.32M)

Gen1 to gen4 ackchually. Gen5 has problems.

Okay turdbois help me find a Mark 23 that's not heebed up. Limit:
Used - $1,500
NIB - $1,800

Attached: IMG_4911-460433.jpg (675x900, 106K)

so you liked the GRIP ZONE XD

why the fuck at that size and that cost would you not get a dessert eagle?

PPK or PPS

It won't go into semi on the gen4 without modifications.

I'll see what I can do

because the mk.23 is a genuinely better gun?

Deagle is pure meme

MK 23 only sorta meme

They're both full meme, Desert Eagle is cooler meme though.

>Not wanting full meme gun in .50 Arab Eliminator.

pussyboiii

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.06.37 PM.png (1482x818, 823K)

Yeah I've heard you have to do a bit of filing for the gen4s. I think I'll get one...for my airsoft gun.

>Comparing a 4.5lb gun that is a half inch wider and holds half as many rounds, while being notoriously picky about ammo to a 2lb .45 masterpiece of German engineering and reliability

Fuck outta here with that shit

TWENTY THREE HAS SPOKEN

ITS HAPPENING

One with soft case just sold for $1,400 2 days ago on hk pro. rip

Springfield is a shitty company that tried to fuck over a lot of people in Illinois. They make shitty guns, that sell for a shitty price, to uninformed people. What else did you shoot?

>nice.png

Attached: 941 Yellowbrick.jpg (4379x2812, 2.39M)

HK just released a batch about a month ago, watch Grabagun. Bud's might have one. Last week one of my distributors had one in stock so they're out there.

Nice gun, shekelstein.

That's what you get for pussyfooting around Burt. I told you.

>assuming you'd load it with anything besides 300 grain hornady hollow points.

sorry you feel that < 5lbs is super heavy for ur girly wrists.

come on man. 5 pounds is easy weight.

I'm not going to jump on the first one found, I'm being very picky. If it takes 6 months so be it. But it's habbedig. The feelers are out.

If I want a gun to constantly shoot .45 Supers out of and carry around in the woods should I go with the Mk23 or the USP45T?

45T will be a better woods gun

Yes.

Not mine anymore, sold it to someone on here.

Attached: VP9 Give Everybody Some back.jpg (2810x2650, 1.06M)

What's your reasoning?
>Yes
Both is not really an option. It shouldn't be an option. I can't. No.

You looking for a pre-2003 model? Or just a good condition desl?

On what criteria? It's cheaper, and slightly smaller, that's it.

Oh, my apologies, post your CCW so I can admire

Attached: 20180502_203737-1031x1283.jpg (1031x1283, 393K)

Lighter, better for carry.

>What else did you shoot?
Some kind of 92, it was a bit meh to hold but workable. A S&W M&P full size that I hated the second I put my hand on it. Then a Glock 19 which is well, a glock.

haven't found a holster yet but here->

I'm not even surprised the guy saying the Desert Eagle > MARK 23 carries that.

It's a minuscule difference

Attached: 20180506_032612.jpg (1895x1700, 1020K)

>Goodbye yellow brick roooooooaaaaaddd ahhh ahhh ah ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ideally one with a non-flaked maritime finish and soft case for maximal memery, but a melonite is fine too. No scratches, worn plastic or dings, no slide flaking. Minimal barrel flaking is fine. Round count irrelevant. Good condition is most important.

I want an Ulm antler, not a eurocuck proof, but if the price is right I can overlook that.

The more meme qualities a gun has, the more i want it. My dreams are memes.

I've never weighed mine but always reach for the 45T over the Mk23 for a woods walk.

You must be a nogunz if you actually believe this, the G34 is 1911 sized with a fucking huge sight radius, it is a great gun

Any ideas on when a gen 5 G40 comes out?

i posted that. this is me- i am /onegunz/ not /nogunz/

G34 is retardoodoo
G40 is the only longboi

what do you want me to do? drive down to the 75 exit on 285 and ask glock?

i got no idea man

What do you shoot out of it?

>Only owns one gun
>It's a Glock
I could be a dick and keep going, but I won't.

Huh, my standard 45 doesn't even come out of my room anymore, the Mk23 goes with me everywhere unless I'm in '3am taco bell run' mode then the USPc goes.

>Round count irrelevant
DESU tound count is directly linked to barrel finish, that thing eats its own finish on mating surfaces.

Attached: 20180426_235918-1701x2836.jpg (1701x2836, 705K)

You should try the 34 before you knock it, really a great gun

I would ask this in GQ but it's a dead thread. I'm doing some pistol classes that require a strong side holster and I'm going to do a safariland 6390 style holster. Would it be dumb to get a light bearing holster if I'm doing the classes without a light?

Attached: 3259.jpg (2010x1340, 559K)

>1911 sized
>9mm

no thanks.

I tried 45 super before but only good old fashioned 45 ayyyCP now.

Are you going to carry it with a light? If so, do the class with the light on it.

Yea, I'm looking for a dedicated .45 Super pistol so I'm concerned about how the USP will hold up to that compared to the Mk23.

What was your first gun? its not like thats all im ever going to own. I got the glock to start. Im almost done saving to get a M&P 10. then after i get that rifle i'm getting a mossberg 590a1 Mariner.

I think thats a good pistol, rifle, shotgun setup to start out.

Ya, it gets used with the light on it. I'll go with the light holster.

It'll be perfectly fine, not something I'd even remotely worry about.

I walked into one of my local gun shops and asked to hold the G40 as i was thinking about buying it as my first gun. he pulls out the G40 and the G34 and tells me he recommends the G34 as a good first gun as 9mm is better to learn on and cheaper to shoot. i said "oh ok ill look into it" and left. never went back fuck that i went to a different shop and asked to see the G40 clerk looked at me and went "its good for bear protection you want it?" bought that shit on the spot.

If i ask to see a gun i want to buy dont try to sell me the watered down version ffs

Say I want to get both some time down the road, which should I get first.
A USP45T or a Mk23? Both new if that matters.

Attached: 1520840710616.jpg (720x720, 34K)

whichever one you find a sweet ass too good of a deal to pass up on desu famalam

Great! I'd rather the USP, anyway.

He wasn't wrong though, 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot in volume than 10mm and is easier to learn on

t. bought a 10mm as firstgun, didn't regret it but I bought a 9mm as well later because it's (Sig)nificantly cheaper to run

Does a latest gen p99 slide fit and function on a p99c frame? Asking for a friend.

I know he wasn't wrong. i buy 1000 fmj rounds at a time for 350. 9mm would be about 160.

dont sell me shit i dont want tho gypsies. if i want a 9mm which i will one day ill go in and ask for a 9.

P245/P220c sas gen 2 aiwb holster suggestions?

why not ask for yourself too since you dont know? knowledge is always good senpai

He was trying to be helpful because you're an autistic fuck that makes poor decisions

SKS was my first

>He was trying to be helpful because you're an autistic fuck that makes poor decisions

I do not disagree with this statement. He was still a gypsy though.

>not buying the Bersa
feelsbadman

Post groups

45T if you want to shoot, an Mk23 if you want to collect.

Nice pic OP.

That makes no sense, the Mk23 is a shooter.

Attached: 20180527_073743-1249x1134.jpg (1249x1134, 526K)

Sure, but I shoot the 45T better. Better trigger, better balance for me.

25 yards

this is also before i got the dot.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.06.12 PM.png (738x1206, 1.43M)

Why are you flinching though?

Okay, but you made that statement like the 23 has no value as a shooter, you just happen to shoot the 45T better

How big are your hands? What will you use them for?

Attached: IMG_20180331_223550_057.jpg (1567x1958, 511K)

Fuck 285 traffic dude. 400 is already bad enough in the morning and afternoon, I dont need that shit.

I blame mooshy glock trigger.

It has no value over a 45T as far as shooting goes, correct. It's value is only in it's collectibility compared to the 45T, that's the point.

I live closer to 400 but still take 85 whenever i have to go to the city so i can peach pass that shit.

Also i thought flinching was up and to the right? If anything this is from jerking the trigger because i fire pretty fast.

I guess just below medium sized? Average size for my height, but I'm king of the manlets tier.
Range fun and collection. The most serious use I'd see for them is a suppressed nightstand gun if by some miracle suppressors get deregulated.

I got stuck on the 400/85 connector one time for 3 hours straight when they were doing construction at night. Blasted hank williams and Waylon Jennings the whole time. I fucking hate Atlanta.

Did you ever have to go through that shit when the bridge burned down? thats already the worst junction even on a normal day.

Then just a 1911 instead if you’re so obsessed with its size and sight radius.
The g34 is so fucking pointless and the people who buy it are retarded.

>I bought a 10mm Glock to learn on
>I don't know what flinching is and blame my gun
1-800-come-on-now

Get the Mk23, but only after holding one to be absolutely sure it's not too thicc

I like steel triggers and separate decockers. I like my Mk23 more as a carry and range gun. If you were arguing Expert or Elite I'd see your point

I bought a 10mm Glock to learn on, I don't know what flinching is and blame my gun

ayyyyyyyyyy u fuckin know it bb

Are you the dipshit with the G40? Please shut the fuck up you don't have the right to an opinion.

Yeah that's when they were doing repairs on it. It was functional at that point but the traffic was absolutely gruelling. I just happened to get caught on a particularly bad night. Was heading to a show in EAV where some cute girl put me on the guest list for her band and I totally missed the whole thing. Good to hear from a fellow Georgianon.

nope. i'm the g40 guy. this would say (you) by it if it was me

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.24.40 PM.png (1400x190, 67K)

>steel triggers and separate decockers
Those do nothing for me, in fact I hate the Mk23 decocker/safety setup but never use it so not that big a deal. Never felt the desire for Expert or Elite so can't comment on them, my 45T has a full match setup so would seem a bit redundant.

Why would someone respond to the same post twice you fucking brainlet?

yeah i had to wait 30 minutes in traffic when that first happened. at 4 fucking 45 in the morning on a sunday. what the fuck.

>don't have the right to an opinion

I have opinions sir. they're just terrible.

Wtf? How can you hate the separate but equal controls?

Because I'm struggling to believe two people ITT are simultaneously that stupid

The slim decocker lever sucks, with the safety slightly blocking it I'm always sliding my thumb past it. Honestly I almost never use it but between the two I like the 45T setup much better.

>countless 1911s to buy from nearly everyone under the sun
>buy a glock instead because “its the same size as one!”
I thought we were better than this /hg/...

Attached: 858FC3AF-32B1-45A2-9B03-7E7DF2AFE815.gif (250x277, 1.88M)

Anyone have or have tried out the streamlight tlr7

Attached: CF904920-EC77-425A-955D-9B02417792E5.jpg (2446x1236, 574K)

You realize the decocker is an administrative control right?