Why do Americans fetishise guns...

Why do Americans fetishise guns? Guns are interesting but Americans seem to take it a bit too far whilst saying that people who are not wearing weird military supporting shirts or plastering Punisher logo stickers on their lorries are cucks.

Please, answer seriously without calling me noguns as if that incorrect assumption invalidates what I have asked.

Attached: SGDouche.jpg (250x202, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/browse?q=burglar shot&a=list&submit=Submit Query
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like guns because the are mechanically amazing. Others like guns because they're conservatives.

>plastering Punisher logo stickers on their lorries
Totally hear you, Britbong. Every one of those Browning deer logo heart stickers makes me want to break into their truck, take their M&P and blow my brains out.

Britfag concern trolling grfo

Sorry I guess we should be fetishizing some inbred schmuck and his mulatto divorcee wife like civilized people instead.

That is fair and can certainly be done without going over the top.

Girls With Guns Thread!

Attached: 1476495680710.jpg (2092x3718, 902K)

Because that's what America and Americans THING is.
We're the free world of the West and guns are our thing. We're the gun nation.

Most of appal the behavior that you were describing. Punished skulls=/=cool

>Others like guns because they're conservatives
I like guns because I'm a small 120 lbs gay boi and they put me on a level playing field with a much larger attacker

>eurofag
Git, the one musket you're allowed to keep at the range is not true gun ownership

Only antigunners fetishize guns. Gun owners don't fetishize guns any more than a mechanic fetishizes his wrenches. It's the antigunners and foreigners who have a bizarre obsession with gun ownership and crusade to get rid of it, and then they project their fetishization of a perfectly normal recreational activity onto the gun owners in order to convince themselves that they aren't the crazy ones.

I mean obviously Jow Forums fetishizes guns but most of us also dress up as cartoon dogs and fuck deer so I'm pretty sure that has more to do with being on Jow Forums specifically.

Attached: 14720328_1823017997920416_4338483827015244197_n.jpg (960x960, 153K)

Oi do you hav a liocense for that post?

Attached: download (21).jpg (259x194, 10K)

Why do people fetishize degenerate coal burning talentless mutts like the kardashians?

Disgusting. She could easily CC a fullsize underneath those mammoth milk cannons.

Attached: 1405869955143.jpg (920x920, 323K)

Not the same reasons as you I am sure but I never understood why Americans seem to make themselves and their vehicles advertisements either. They're not even getting paid to market the company or brand. Crazy stuff.

Hunting is definitely more reserved here as well.

We should have followed the example of the frogs when it comes to those inbred parasites.

Car engines are more so.

Attached: 1504568524973.jpg (1280x720, 217K)

I already applied for my buttering permit so fuck off.

It’s to let our political leaders know that if they try to do to us what your leaders just did to Tommy Robinson, they won’t be safe from us anywhere. It’s to make them afraid, which is how I like them. I want them to be in constant terror of the idea that if they go too far one day, the streets will run red with their blood. No, I’m not LARPing, no, I’m not a teenager, and no, I’m not sorry.

>mammoth milk cannons
They aren't that big user

Attached: Single Point Sling.jpg (765x1024, 86K)

We have a vested interest in guns because they truly make everyone equal. They are mechanically interesting. Plus lots of people take self preservation very seriously here in the usa. I understand that having rights and being able to defend oneself or family is hard for your euros/English to understand. We also fetish guns because were the greatest country in the world and this land of the free provides ample opportunity for everyone to succeed and live as they want unlike you euros who want to control everyone's lives.

I like guns because Canada is covered in wilderness, and the wilderness critters don't stay on their side of the fucking fence. Also, we have a major homeless and drug epidemic, and I'm not enough of a braindead, morally grandstanding, mental masturbating faggot to think that a drug addict has a right to walk into my house at 3am and take my shit.

Basically, no step on snek. Leave me the fuck alone, or you're going to have supersonic lead coming in your direction.

There are literally people on k who jerk off to guns.

I have never seen anti-gunners waving around the Gadsen flag with an AR-15.

Attached: Uzigirl.gif (400x225, 1.93M)

So... is this your first day on Jow Forums?

LONDON O N D O N

Attached: 1404883948230.jpg (1920x1279, 306K)

You're right, I had a closer look. That lighting does wonders.

THESE ones are pretty mammoth though!

/Thread. Fuck off Brit-cuck. Go arrest more whites for criticizing Mooslims.

best post

fucking limeys

>I never understood why Americans seem to make themselves and their vehicles advertisements
Especially when they're advertising the fact that there's an 80% chance of finding a Glock in the glovebox and a 100% chance of at least one AR-15 if you follow them home.

Is it the people who safely operate firearms who fetishize them. Or is it the people who irratatioanlly fear them and seek to inact ineffective and illogical legislation who are irrational?

>Gun owners don't fetishize guns
No, you are a gun owner, and you don't fetishize guns. But if you're being honest, not all gun owners are as reasonable as you are.

>thots carrying guns
Wholesome girls only. Sluts don't deserve human rights, much less gun rights.

Anyone who “follows home” someone who they’re pretty sure owns an AR-15 with an intent to rob them should be commended for their voluntary self-removal from the gene pool.

>I have never seen anyone from [insert hobby here] wave around [insert hobby here] swag while sporting [insert hobby item here]

No, anti-gunners just run around projecting their insecurities onto the rest of us, attacking us for the controversial idea that people should be able to defend themselves. Anti-gunners constantly protest our right to defend ourselves and scream that we're all mentally ill lunatics that get off on violence (maybe true of Jow Forums, but we're a special bunch) when really, we just don't want to be without means of defense when 3 niggers break into our houses at 3am.

Attached: 1435554708987.jpg (500x666, 101K)

Attached: 1504570604745.jpg (1280x854, 183K)

Right, they're definitely gonna kick the door in and stumble through your house at night like in all the fantasies instead of just waiting for you to leave for work.

Attached: 1404888274520.jpg (640x960, 108K)

>Ear pro on the table
>No safety squints

Women were a mistake.

Attached: Alex Zedra.jpg (1080x1349, 105K)

Same reason people all over the world fetishize cars and have their life revolve around it. 60% legit passion for the hobby + 40% consumer culture.
To be fair to the bongs, we end up fetishizing celebrities instead. Thats not much better T B H.
Pic related SOON

Attached: 1449840235415.jpg (627x800, 60K)

Attached: 1409130074969.jpg (479x720, 50K)

>supersonic lead
Well that's a good way of getting tinnitus, sucks you couldn't have been like Britain in terms of having a suppressor.

>liveleak.com/browse?q=burglar shot&a=list&submit=Submit Query

It's not even summer yet. Where did all of you fucking fags come from?

If you are saying (or anyone else in this thread for that matter) that I am an anti-gunner you are incorrect. There is a difference in having guns and using them versus being the typical (advertised) American gun owner, though. The people I am speaking of are the ones that support organisations like the NRA, make their hobbies their personas, etc. You know the kind of lad that wears Oakleys and thanks military veterans for their service with a "IF YOUR[sic] OFFENDED THEN GET OUT OF OUR FOUNDED UNDER GOD COUNTRY"

You know exactly what I'm on about.

Attached: 1507620178924.jpg (2937x1958, 740K)

Attached: 1504576266490.jpg (1280x854, 169K)

>spamming models with props

I'm not sure this isn't enforcing my point.

As we all know, burglars typically target houses with guns because it's not like people that have guns would be concerned with security and be more likely to have security systems. Not to mention they love targeting people for items that are registered with a federal agency and therefore traceable, so they have to fence them for a fraction of their price, or the fact that these items may be in a safe.

Attached: 1497123578170.png (887x675, 510K)

Attached: R Soviet 02.jpg (637x964, 32K)

Guns are extremely practical appliances for almost everyone and are invaluable political tools. They are also mechanically fascinating and fun to use.

>support organizations like the NRA
You mean an organization that keeps me from becoming an instafelon because the government decided that it has a new and inventive definition of “infringed” to lay on me? Fuck right off, and stop getting your news from the BBC.

> jerk off to guns
Another imbecile that takes Jow Forums posts at face value. No one is jerking off to guns, you insufferable fucking retard.

some of the deadliest snipers in WWII were women

Attached: ra-fem_ww2_5.jpg (423x608, 42K)

Having a suppressor, or legally having a suppressor? Because those two things are not the same. We can HAVE suppressors, just not legally.

Attached: 1507282609451.jpg (4938x3283, 1.49M)

this, fuck brits and the house of windsor, House of bourbon forever!

I can like both

Attached: b1408274835748.jpg (720x480, 190K)

I am aware. They're not fetishising guns, though. If anything in the propaganda shots they're fetishising shooting fascists.

Because we are a very individualistic people who tend to make our hobbies/passions a very large part of our identity. Its not an American gun owners thing, its an American thing. Car-guys, athletes, gamers etc in America do the same thing. Pick a popular hobby and there is an American that makes it a big part of his/her identity. Dont ask me why we do it, i dont know. I guess its just a cultural quirk. I hope this answer satisfies you.

>it's not like people that have guns would be concerned with security
People advertising the fact that they have guns are obviously not especially concerned with security over posturing. If you have a proper safe and a security system, great, you're doing it right. But not every gun owner is.

Attached: 1404923332074.jpg (1224x1632, 962K)

Fuck you. Go live in NYC then. We don't want emotional faggots out here anyway.
Punisher logo is stupid, but I get it. Guns themselves are interesting in how they are designed and made. I like engineering, so I'm into this sort of shit. Also, I like having options, I don't want a gun pointed at me when I can just play along and make a move when needed. Sometimes I need a gun. As for America, it literally fought a proxy war that started over the British trying to capture an armory... as for most people here in the USA:

Nothing makes you happy, does it?

Attached: 1404927124406.jpg (600x452, 76K)

>We fetishist celebrities
>We
Speak for yourself. The only ones fetishizing celebs are brain-dead lefties

Patriots? I know exactly what you're on about, bong, and it's frankly disgusting. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Your country has enough problems of it's own for you to worry about some faggot who wants to spend $400 on some sunglasses and thank people with bad knees for their cervix.

Anything that gives Ted Nugent a platform to speak is not helping you or your cause. I'm sorry.

>The only ones fetishizing celebs are brain-dead lefties

Attached: He.jpg (1100x619, 63K)

Fair enough with the comparison to other things as well. You agree that it's odd though, no? Basing identities around consumerism no matter what the prop is strange.

FUCK OFF, you faggot, swishy, shit mouth limey cocksucker. Eat shit and get killed by a shitskinned 3rd worlder, you pathetic weak fuck. Worry about your own house, shit for brains.

>obviously not especially concerned with security over posturing
how are you putting yourself at risk when you're saying you have guns, are you just jealous other people have hobbies they're proud of?
>If you have a proper safe and a security system, great, you're doing it right. But not every gun owner is.
Where are you getting this information and more importantly, why do you care? Are you gonna tell me about how not every gun owner is flossing correctly?

Yeah, sorry, anyone with a grain long ago gave up on the stupid idea that the left will agree to not try to take our rights away anymore if we just try being nicer to them. You should be thanking us for our restraint every day you’re not taking a Pinochet helicopter ride.

Shut up pussy. Your thread sucks.

actually we think that people who wear the punisher logo in any form are total tools

This isn't about my country or any other. The question was about Americans who reside (and hopefully stay in) America. What's with the whataboutism from you lads the past few years?

They don't have to be, they're sweet as fucc.

The US stands as one of the last outposts of ever diminishing freedom in the west. In addition to the uniquely powerful 1st amendment which guarantees freedom of speech(how this is being subverted is another can of worms), the second amendment enshrines the notion that the citizen should maintain martial parity with the government that seeks to rule him.Furthermore the US Constitution itself seeks only to enumerate the rights that every man holds unto himself regardless of what the document states; only making clear what what the bounds of the state are. Now what the US Constitution says and what the practical reality is are two different things, but the sentiment remains.

The so called "fetish" with firearms stems from a massacre that occurred on March 5 1770 when the bongs gunned down some colonists in the Massachusetts Bay Colony. This is what lead to the 2nd amendment and the idea that the citizens should by all means discard their government should it become tyrannical.

And there it is.
>Materialism
Fuckin commie faggot.

Neoliberals are not the left. There is no "left" in America. That is for another board, though. You can, and many do, own firearms without being a charicature however.

>are you just jealous other people have hobbies they're proud of?
It's my hobby, too. But in my eyes posturing over guns is irresponsible gun ownership.

What's with bongs and euros (and leafs for that matter) acting like their opinions or thoughts matter in regards to another country's politics? It's irritating having this same thread every day or two.

Attached: 1526534284921-1-1.png (718x119, 17K)

> But in my eyes posturing over guns is irresponsible gun ownership
Well than it's a good thing people don't care what larping underages think

Aside from this odd bit of propaganda in the beginning I understand and support owning firearms. That is not what I questioned.

>The people I am speaking of are the ones that support organisations like the NRA

Lol so you've bought the retarded "NRA are terrorists" rhetoric rather than the reality that the NRA are an organization that promotes the shooting sports and fights against anti-gun policy.

/thread

I don't know why you'd be so triggered over what is a pretty common opinion unless you yourself have a truck plastered in Glock stickers.

Am I not allowed to ask questions about a country simply because I don't live there?

>Americans haave no culture

Displays strong culture

>Why you right cunts like the guns so much?

The country has guns specifically in the constitution, regular people with guns were key in the formation of the country. There is a culturally strong distrust of government as well. We were also a pioneer country for awhile, if you include Western expansion, even longer, in which there is barely any civilization and you live hyper isolated and self dependent, having personal weapons was key.

Add all this shit together and like it or not thatr is why, it is very cultural.

>implying Americans dont hero worship celebs
>implying you have to be a leftie faggot to do so
You see it on Jow Forums everyday whenever there is a thread sucking off some e-celeb. You and I may think its stupid, but it still happens my man.
I really dont think its all that strange. Maybe thats because i dont know anything else, so take this with a pinch of salt. Its just something that comes with an uber-individualistic society like ours. Also, its not all about consumer-culture. A large part of it is just wanting to show people what your passion is. We are a very "out there" people, as in we like to show others what we enjoy, and hopefully share that with them. I will admit, there is an aspect of gross materialism to it all, but please understand that the majority of it is more or less just trying to share what we enjoy with others.

>How can you not support my faggotry unless you're on the exact opposite end
Post your guns and permit faggot

I do not think they are terrorists but whoever receives funding from gun manufacturers is not supporting the cause of simply owning guns.

>You agree that it's odd though, no?
No. Bongers are the unusual ones having pretty much no personality or hobbies.

>Basing identities around consumerism no matter what the prop is strange.

>Muh muh muh consumerism

Buying firearms and related products is like 5% of gun ownership.