SHTF for a newfag

Alright k here’s the run down:
>gettin married next month and moving into my own house
>household income of around 50k
>2 bedroom house so not a lot of space for storage
>New to prepping and stock pilling

What items should I stock pile?
How much stuff?
What are the most important items to stock pile?
Any advice in general for when shtf

Attached: 7EF42B58-4446-4BC5-A984-819C6CED2ACD.jpg (1200x803, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/
nap.edu
calvetsupply.com
itstactical.com/intellicom/mindset/real-life-survival-one-familys-experience-with-disaster-when-the-floods-came/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Water, filters and 50 gallons for storage
2. Food, canned and freeze dried
3. Medical supplies, prescriptions, otc medications
Antibiotics, etc
4. 5.56, 9mm, buckshot, 22lr ammo/firearms

>condoms
>beer/tobacco
>ammo
>seeds
>food
>water purification- tin foil and cellophane
>IFAK
>batteries
>lights
>fire starting materials
>information

Water
Food
Fire
Shelter

Stockpile plans in case she decides she doesn't want a gun in the house and you need a divorce.

This can happen without warning when they become pregnant, even with no previous anti gunnery evident.

If your place is defensible you might be better off bugging in, instead of bugging out. All the same, you'll want to have outfitting for your car and on foot. So, tanks for gas, a siphon pump or rubber hose, a pack for you and your wife (and understand how to pack them properly), a backpacking tent, tarp, sleeping bag, appropriate clothing, and similar kit. My car is red, so I've got spraypaint in camo colors and a camo net so I can take it into the woods and keep myself out of sight.

Besides a filter, iodine and tablet purifiers are good and light, although a small amount of standard cleaning bleach can disinfect water in a pinch (but tastes bad). Get one or two survivalist books relevant to your area and destination. Bring along one or two LIGHT creature comforts. A book of poetry, some tools for whittling, or a harmonica or something like that is good for morale and can keep you going--and should be stored in a waterproof bag. Having a couple thumb drives or external hard drive with homesteading books or survival pdfs can keep you alive in the long term, and makes you feel like you're carrying a torch for the future. If you're carrying useful tech make sure you have a portable solar panel. Don't expect that you'll be able to salvage stuff to live on forever, because you wont.

water storage, with at least two different ways to collect/purify water

food. lots of it. extra points for canned and dehydrated.

fuel for power, light and ways to cook your food. generators are loud, candles, lighters, and lamps arent.

ammo. 1-2k for every firearm you own.

Toilet paper, tampons, condoms etc will be good trade value.

over the counter medicine, vitamins, and basic relevant items like hand sanitizer etc. they will help out a ton.

have a BOB for every person in the house, if you have family in the area have one for them too.

gas masks if you want them, same thing as last item, one for every person.
grabbed this article off of a thread in /out/

very good information about a man who survived the Bosnian civil war with his family

silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/

pic for attention

Attached: 1527451049526.png (245x280, 269K)

also

batteries, two devices for solar charging your phone etc with a few good power banks.

hand crank radio and hand crank flashlight too.

what environment are you planning to live in when SHTF?

I could give you my tips for the BC area but they'll be useless if you live in southern arizona.

Ironically im in southern Arizona lol. Phx

PHX here as well. I'm thinking about buying a couple of acres up north to use for future homesteading.

First, establish the parameters. Any shtf scenario you can imagine will interfere with your ability to access only 6 things;
Food
Water
Shelter
Security
Medical care
Communications

You don’t need to stockpile a fuckton of supplies and gear to meet every low-probability event. Get a basic camping outfit, including a 2 burner propane stove. Depending on your area, you might also want to add a portable propane heater. Tent, sleeping bags, camp cookware, and assorted other camping trinkets. Go car camping a few times, figure out what you need and what works. Get packs later, right now pack it all into some plastic ice chests. Get a 5 gallon propane tank and an adapter hose so you can connect your stove or heater. All of this goes a long way toward meeting all of your shelter needs. If you have to bug out, it all goes in your car and you hope you don’t wind up walking.

Food- stock freeze dried camping food for about a week. Then keep your pantry at home stocked with 2 weeks worth of what you normally eat. Include honey and peanut butter in your pantry, and a large container of coconut oil. That shit’s concentrated calories, right there. It’s also versatile as fuck. Keep a few cans of sardines and Spam in the back of your pantry. And mac and cheese. Rice and pasta are pretty shelf stable, as are dried beans and peas. Get all of these in 1 pound bags, 5 of each, restock when you’re down to 2 of any item. This is in addition to the stuff you have in the fridge/freezer, which is where most of your daily meals come from. All of this will give you at least a month of provisions

Water- learn how to strain, filter, and purify water. Have a Sawyer filter, plus a couple of lifestraws. Know how to use them. Buy plain laundry bleach in 1/2 gallon jugs, always having 2 on hand. Restock when 1 is empty. This way, you always have a way to purify water on hand. Keep a couple of collapsable 5 gallon water bladders with your camp gear.

1/3

read this

Attached: SHTF bosnia.jpg (1504x2964, 1.36M)

Beans, bullets, and bandaids.

rude, I already posted that in here >:(

2/3

Fill those up, along with every other container you have, whenever it looks like things are starting to go seriously south in your area. Keep a case of bottled water in the trunk of each car you have. Have a couple more in your house. Restock when you get down to 1 case.

Security- I’m assuming you have at least 1 gun. Whatever it is, keep 200 rounds on hand for it. Go to the range at least monthly. If you have other guns, stock at least 200 rounds for them, too. Teach your wife how to shoot. If none of your guns are suitable for her, get her something that is. Make sure she practices as often as you do.

Medical care- build a well-stocked first aid kit. Take a few Red Cross first aid/CPR classes, they should be free or nearly so. Stock your FAK to support your level of proficiency- don’t get a chest decompression needle if you’re not trained for it. Make your FAK big- you might wind up having to take care of a sick or injured person for a few days before you can get them to an ER. Give serious consideration to taking night classes to get an EMT certification. That’s a bonus on just about any resume. Also, don’t forget to stock up on meds for common ailments- motrin, tylenol, aspirin, benadryl, immodium, cough drops, antihistamines, decongestants, neosporin, sun screen, pepto bismol, calamine and so on. Keep all of this stuff, plus any other shelf-life items, organized for easy inventory and replacement. Have massive amounts of bandaids and alcohol preps handy, as well as gauze pads and med tape. Treat the little cuts and scrapes before they become festering infections. Have tweezers, forceps, bandage scissors, straight scissors, a magnifying glass, and tongue depressors in your kit. It wouldn’t hurt to add an X-acto knife and blades, as well. You’re not going to be doing brain surgery, but you might need to go after a splinter or scrape out a bee stinger. Which reminds me: Numzit or Anbesol will help keep the misery manageable.
Cont

3/3, and maybe 1 more

Have a bottle each of isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and witch hazel in your kit. Half dozen bottles of eye drops and artificial tears would be good. And a bottle of listerine. You can use sealed bottles of water for irrigation purposes, if you need to. Which reminds me- keep a few boxes of Emergen-C in your FAK. You might have to deal with dehydration and electrolyte issues. Diarrhea kills.

Now, about communications: a regional shtf scenario will knock out phone, internet, and cell service. The first thing to come back is almost always SMS. Responders need it to coordinate, you’ll probably be able to send texts within 72 hours of the event. They won’t announce it, because they don’t want the network getting jammed by bored teens. You won’t be able to text pics or large files, but you will be able to communicate. Establish a pre-event series of short phrases that you can text to family members to let them know your status. Keep them to 50 characters or less. Have a slightly more comprehensive list of phrases for comms with your wife. You’ll want to let each other know where you’re at, what kind of shape you’re in, where you’re going, urgent issues you may be facing, immediate needs, and if you’re safe.

Another thing- if internet is down, you’re limited to the information you have on hand. No google, no handy infographics. Build a reference library. Real books, on a bookshelf. Start with Carla Emory’s Encyclopedia of Country Living. Have at least 2 different cookbooks. Good ones, not trendy diet crap. The Ranger Handbook, US Army Special Forces Medical Handbook, and the SAS Survival Handbook are all good additions. Books on living off the grid, books on setting up solar power systems, books on carpentry, construction, metalworking, masonry, plumbing, and electricity. Repair manuals for all of your vehicles. Books on animal husbandry, and farming.

Continued

>he needs firestarters
Is tinder and kindling really that hard for you to find?

I thought this was proven fake over and over again

4/3, maybe more

A good source for free downloadable books in pdf format is
nap.edu
They’ve got over 10K titles on an amazing array of topics. There’s a lot of very useful info there. There’s also an amazing amount of social engineering bullshit, pick your downloads carefully.

Downloaded pdfs aren’t very useful if there’s no power to run your computer. Get one of those little Honda generators, keep 2 gallons of fuel for it. They’re very quiet. Learn how to run your computer off of a solar array. Laptops are good for this, because they’ve already got a battery. Consider having a dedicated shtf laptop.

Random other stuff- have multiple ways to make fire. Your car manuals will have lists of tools you’ll need to perform repairs and maintenance. Get all of those tools, including the specialty tools. Get a basic set of homeowner tools- hammer, saws for wood and metal, pliers, adjustable wrenches, pipe wrenches, screwdrivers, measuring tools, plus anything specific to your house. Get a set of cordless tools- drill, sawzall, angle grinder, impact driver, and maybe a jigsaw. All the same brand, with battery commonality. At least 3 batteries, and a charger. Drill bits and saw blades. Learn how to use everything. Make or buy a solar set up for charging the batteries.

Have an assortment of flashlights and headlamps. Preferably with battery commonality, in a battery size you can pick up at your local mini mart. None of this special snowflake lithium battery crap that you have to order from former Eastern Bloc countries. Double or triple A batteries are the way to go. Get Eneloop rechargeables in those sizes. That solar charger is really paying for itself. Make sure your headlamps have red light options. Sometimes you don’t want to be lighting up everything like a football stadium. Get a few solar garden lights. Put them outside during the day, bring them in after dark for indoor lighting.

That’s about all I can think of for now

Get gardening and get into hunting, realistic SHTF is great depression stuff not fucking zombies.

Attached: potatoes.jpg (841x574, 107K)

Most evidence points in that direction, but you’ll stir up a perfect storm of Olympic class butthurt by mentioning it. The recommendations aren’t horribly wrong, the event claims are just a little hard to swallow.

Nice SPAM faggot. This is not Jow Forums related!
Take it to /out/ cunt weasel
SAGE

It has not been "proven" fake. This guy was real, the story is legit. But after he exhausted the experiences in the timeline of events he began to speak about general SHTF stuff. He was just attacked by competing preppers and Serbs to discredit him (eventhuugh he was apolitical and did not get into the history/story/background of the war). But in the end, his story is sound.

Oh fuck off, autist. Shtf and BOB threads have been Jow Forums topics for the 6 years I’ve been on this board. Nice violation of global rule 7, enjoy your ban, fuckweasel.

>This guy was real, the story is legit.

Not doubting Selco is real. His story looks a lot like a compilation of events that several people lived through. He claims the USAF made airdrops to his city, yet the USAF has no mission records of humanitarian flights to any city as small as what Selco claims to have lived in. That’s just the first questionable issue that comes to mind.

And now the howls of outrage and general assblastedness will begin.

your first point is correct, but SHTF can matter due to a lot of things. not just a great depression. natural disasters for example

Always have a few she doesn’t know about. Home improvements are a good time to stash a cheap .22 or shotgun in a wall cavity or between the rafters.
Pretty good theft deterrent as well.

Attached: 1B90EF76-07D3-4799-8D49-C0B9E5C73E77.jpg (680x425, 36K)

Even if it’s just a collection of other people’s experiences. It doesn’t mean all or some of that shit can’t happen again and to you.

>It doesn’t mean all or some of that shit can’t happen again and to you.

I never said otherwise.

Outline what events are likely to happen in your area, and what supplies you would need during those events.

At minimum, keep 2 weeks of food set aside at a time. Don't buy rice and beans if you hate rice and beans, actually buy food you like. I wouldn't go over a year's worth of supplies, because at that point you're likely to waste a lot of those supplies, and if you aren't getting more supplies after a year, it's probably the end of the world and you need to be growing your own food by then.

Learn to grow some foods to offset your monthly groceries, as well as stretch out your stocked up supplies in the event of a collapse. Buy a couple guns for hunting and defense, and keep these guns off the books. 80% lowers, private sales, etc. Get something in 22LR, 9mm, .223/5.56, .308, 12 gauge. Those'll allow you to hunt and defend yourself from any animal, and those are the most common calibers you'll find after SHTF. Try to keep 1k rounds for each with exception of .308 or 12 gauge, you probably won't need 1k of those. If possible, get into reloading.

Don't dump $20,000 into prepping gear and freeze dried food. Prepping is something you develop over time as you learn what you needs are.

>getting married
HAHAHAHA

Dildoes lube and rubber pussy, dominate in any economic climate

I’ve been looking for antibiotics and haven’t been able to get them without a prescription. I’ve searched pet/farm supply websites with no luck. What is recommended for sourcing these?

calvetsupply.com

itstactical.com/intellicom/mindset/real-life-survival-one-familys-experience-with-disaster-when-the-floods-came/

is required reading. Scary shit because it actually happened.

Yes having stockpiles an dbugging in is good. But you might still have to bug out. You got some thinking to do user. Define what you want to be prepared for.

>>household income of around 50k
do your soon to be wife not work?