So I just got the Boosteady cleaning kit and I just got my first gun so I dont know too much, but...

So I just got the Boosteady cleaning kit and I just got my first gun so I dont know too much, but....this metal brush seems like it would scratch the shit out of the bore. These are safe to use?

Attached: 20180528_134035.jpg (2576x1932, 1.32M)

Those are perfectly fine.
Just never get a bore snake, the cloth fibers on those will rip out the rifling in your barrel.

cover the bristles with a swab patch

Canadian soldier here ye they good better than cloths for the bore

The bristles are made of brass or other similar soft metal, so it won't scratch the bore.

Solid. Thanks for the replies dudes

wouldnt it just shred the patch?

huh holy shit we had a thread without any trolls.

It's brass, a softer metal than the inside of a barrel. It won't scratch anything you would want to shoot.

see

let me live in my autistic dreamland of optimism

>the cloth fibers on those will rip out the rifling in your barrel.

h'what?

Attached: 1513209759104.jpg (320x320, 32K)

There was also the guy who said to cover the brush with a patch.

abort this.

these guys are trolling you:this guys is right:

Make sure you clean from the muzzle.
Stick it in dry and ram it back and forth as hard as you can.

Hardened steel wins against copper bristles.

>Doesnt understand the hardness scale

Go do some learnin newfag.

Also make sure to put plenty of lube and oil in the trigger mechanism

Is it actually possible to over-lubricate a firing mechanism?

Why do you feel the need to be a dick on the internet, little man

You can't really clean filth out of it easily so I was always told to avoid lubing it and only use solvent. I want op to be a learning experience for us though.

Wd40 is the best for cleaning out your barrel and for preventing rust

Nah you're supposed to lube it.

i THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TELL ME THERE WAS SOME COMPLEX CHEMICAL REACTION OR THAT OILY SNEK FIBERS CREATED AN ULTRA ABRASSICE MATERIAL, UNTIL i THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND REALIZED THE SNEKS ARE JUST A COTTON/NYLON BLEND OR SOMETHING

Okay, so I've learned trusting Jow Forums on cleaning advice is the worst thing you can do as a newfag
If you actually know your shit, though, it's a great way to weed out the noguns, idiots, and trolls
Seriously, cloth damaging rifling?

Start the danger
Rearranger
Not so cool
Mercy
I'm the vapour
On the radar
Get up on the mic and shout it
Yah
Move it!
I spit bricks got the kicks in the mix
My pricks long out the rigs
Party of bricks like Jackie X
No diggedy diggedy HP
I'm the bad boy, roll MC, so sexy

It does though! Google "cotton abrasion". Five different studies showed that too much maintenance is what caused the m16 to shoot off and slower in Vietnam. That's why everyone thinks 5.56 is designed to wound. Realistically, you should just not clean your gun.

> Five different studies showed that too much maintenance is what caused the m16 to shoot off and slower in Vietnam.
proofs, this is bait, and i bet those "studies" were done by the army and concluded with "and thats why the M14 is way better"

Only put it in throat to crown. You do not go in through the out door.

Dude, trust me, it's legit. Just Google it and you'll see what I mean.

Here, I got a link for you
www.meatspin.com

Isnt that the opposite for a revolver?

Some degrees of stupid deserve it, like when somebody wonders why a brass/copper cleaning brush would damage a barrel when they are subject to extreme friction and temperature thousands of times during normal operation that no human hand is going to recreate without noticeable wear, or the simple fact that those brushes have been used since god knows how long without anyone complaining about damaging the barrel. Common sense and observational skills aren't good things to lack when handling firearms.

Yeah, but you have to admit cotton cloth does slowly wear away the chrome lining in a Nitride barrel

That's why you lube your cloths with naval jelly dumbass.

What if you're only good for a few strokes?

what is this 2007?

>not using fresh from the teat cow milk
Congratulations, you played yourself

>not using fresh from the cow teat dip

I always rub the cow in lotion first to get a less acidic lubricant

>mental retard onions boy detected

have you ever done any sort of work in your whole life? ever play with pipe cleaners when you were a child?

I googled cotton abrasion and haven't found anything.
Links?

Read the OP shit for brains, I said that I'm new to guns and that I wasnt sure. Man, youre so smart, youre the toughest guy on the net.

Lol, I'm sure youre a real mans man, eh? Mr big penis tough guy

>Being so naive that you even think for a moment a bore brush damages bores
>Being this much of a newfag

Attached: 1522527149850.jpg (480x389, 21K)

Attached: 1525824731858.jpg (800x600, 117K)

Bought it off amazon man, just wanna make sure its not some cheap chinese shit that fucks my gun up. Is that so wrong?

Attached: 1445803645329.gif (500x500, 1.22M)

>damage control

>but you have to admit cotton cloth does slowly wear away the chrome lining in a Nitride barrel

Stop spreading this fudd

ok

I'm not OP, but my dad gave birth to me in prison, Zeus style. They said I was too badass to set free so I broke rocks with a sledgehammer until I was 18 years old. When I got out I built a V8 with my bare hands and hit the road. Kids these days make me sick.

if it has steel in it, then he needs to be worried, hold it to a magnet and see if it sticks

You clearly know nothing about barrel harmonics and abrasion

This. Only steel cleaning rods can clean a steel gun.

Holy crap you're right! I tried it a minute ago, and boy is it squeeky clean.

Just make sure that the diameter of the brush is smaller than the diameter of the bore of your barrel.

You're fine, man. Fuck these morons. Everyone feels better about their pathetic lives when they try to ostracize someone asking for help in learning. It's absurd, and they suck.

>tfw in every cleaning kit ive been issued, brush is fucked, if it even has one

Attached: h3.png (604x1138, 907K)

>Google "cotton abrasion"
??? There's literally nothing.

I wasn't the guy being rude to him by the way, I was just giving bad advice. In order to redeem myself, I guess I should say this. A copper brush is just fine, and there are plenty of good solvents out there. However, when it comes to lubricants, stick with unpasteurized creamy cows milk. Can't beat it.

trusting Jow Forums on anything is where you went wrong
the only thing i trust Jow Forums to do is to give you the best possible advice for fucking your shit up

>ive been issued,
Welfare queens don't deserve nice things.

I honestly don't get how any of you fell for my retarded attempt at a bait. I made it up. There are no studies on cotton abrasion of barrel threads. I also made up the part about Vietnam and the m16.

I dont think you belong here. Go back to plebbit fag.

>new hobby
>does zero research into it

You must be a lazy nigger that thinks its entitled to spoon feeding.

I earn my cheque, eat my dick

>fat bearded autist too fat to make the cut.

I just know who the enemies of freedom are. The people you work for. Thank god for IEDs.

It's made out of a softer metal than your fun
Unless of course you're shooting one of those aluminum shotguns

That only happened din basic for me at the armoury its usually a big fuck off bin with shit in

This guy is actually right. There is nothing in a bore brush that will scratch a bore.

However, bore snakes gather up grit and dirt and shit that gets accumulated in guns and gets sent down the bore again and again and again. This DOES scratch up bores so I don't advocate their use in rifles. I use one for my handguns because my skill level means whatever damage I do to the bore won't manifest as a noticeable accuracy decrease

I wish.

Attached: 1523093023864.gif (200x146, 36K)

Daily reminder that excessive cleaning will in fact wear out your rifling, regardless of the disparity in hardness between steel and brass.

No worries, using bronze brushes is fine.
Always cleans your gun thoroughly with tools intended for firearm. Use boresnake only for quick cleaning immediately after shooting.

Attached: metal-hardness-chart.png (720x1137, 107K)

I'm not clicking that but I feel like I know exactly what I would see if I did, for some reason.

Does it also play "you spin my hair right round"?

Attached: 1514223273209.jpg (699x485, 31K)

wow your pretty edgy m8. 4/10

congrats now fbi is coming to get you