QTDDTOT

I can't shoot for shit, I miss soda cans at 10 yards with a Henry 30/30.
How do I not be so shit with guns?

Attached: IMG_20180526_162512_386.jpg (1242x917, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discountfirearmsusa.com/H-R-72652-Handi-Rifle-Superlight-Compact-Break-Open-223-Rem-20-1-Syn-Stk-Blued
youtube.com/watch?v=eNdI_CyiRZQ
funnypictures2.fjcdn.com/comments/Blank _156789ba41b5fb0.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

unironically practice, and use the same ammo if possible

you're hopeless. I'd say kill yourself, but you'd miss.

I live in NY next to a city, there are no non-member only ranges anywhere near me

Go to a range and pr as practice.
Learn and read up on proper shooting techniques.
PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.
If you practice doing something shittily then you will always do it shittily.

How much does barrel harmonics affect things within 200m/yards? Or is that mostly for longer range stuff that it really matters?

Attached: 1527272351843.jpg (596x393, 22K)

Honestly just suck it up and join a range. I was in your situation for awhile, it blows. and being able to shoot is much better than not being able to shoot

well crap, you could try shooting a handgun then?

Become a member at a range, then.

Why did you buy a meme gun?

Should I get the M&P Shield (SS 7+1/8+1) or the Compact (DS 12+1) as my first pistol? I plan on carrying whichever I get.
Does single stack really make much more of a difference carrying? I'm kinda leaning towards the compact just for the extra rounds but Dunham's has a deal for $320 on the shield so it has me torn.

Also, general thoughts on both?

Attached: Comparo.jpg (432x617, 51K)

>I miss soda cans at 10 yards with a Henry 30/30
This is normal. .30-30s are designed to make hunting more sporting, by having sights which are impossible to adjust yet wander randomly.

>How do I not be so shit with guns?
Get a cheap .22. Get a cheap 12-gauge. Shoot cans until you stop missing within 50 yards and shoot trap until you get a respectable score, and then go out and do some killing. Kill pests, kill food. Discover how delicious squirrels are.

Get the compact first. It conceals fine with the right holster and shoots better. A single stack usually makes a big difference, but SW made their pistols some goofy sizes and the grip is longer than the compact. Shields can also be had on sale for closer to $220 so it isn't much of a deal to me.

Doesn't really matter below 4-500m. Beyond that, you start to see the differences in barrel twist & length, type of ammo, weight of the bullet, semi-auto vs manual action, etc. But below 400, isn't THAT big of a deal (unless you have generally shit ammo, then it counts).

I have both, I like both. I shoot the compact better.
single stack does makes a slight difference, but not much unless you dress like a faggot.
I'm comfortable carrying either, although today I'm unironically carrying a P320c with an extra magazine

Attached: 1369099459737.jpg (170x213, 6K)

Good to know, I think that's what I'll go with. What would you consider a good deal for a compact? Most of the LGS's around me have it around $450-500.

Thanks my dude.

Attached: 1460300699903.jpg (675x900, 104K)

>single stack does makes a slight difference, but not much unless you dress like a faggot.
Good thing I'm not a faggot. Thanks for the advice. Is there any reason you shoot better with the compact over the shield?

I suspect the slightly longer sight radius. I shoot the P320c better than both, and my full size M&P45 better than all three. Again, I suspect sight radius.

Attached: 1376430157942.jpg (604x453, 43K)

My pawn shop has 2 10/22s. A normal for $200 and a takedown for $300. Is the takedown worth the extra $100?

The only thing that will help you is punching paper. If getting the range isn't feasible, get an air rifle (CMP's rebuilt sporter airgun is best bang for your buck to learn riflemanship). Practice.
Where did the shot go when you shot it? You need to get to where you can call the shot right after it breaks.

Also consider an appleseed.

And user? It's better to know that you're ignorant. Dudes who can it a popcan 1 out of 5 shots convince themselves they're amazing shooters and you CANNOT teach them anything.

Search terms for you: Natural Point of Aim. Field Positions. Follow Through.

Is a metal file good enough for trimming down an AR dust cover rod or would I need a grinder?

No

If you want to have a takedown it's worth it.

Would it be better just to buy a cheap .22lr bolty and practice with that rather then spending $1/shot with the lever action?

No

Unless it's your TACTICOOL TRUCK GUN

depends on how much money you have. if you want a 22 go for it. if its solely for maximizing cost per round pellet gun.

Any good .22 bolts?

Depends really on how much time you get to the range. The advantage of a quality of airrifle is your home is now your range. If you're not working at it, it's your fault.

A .22 will give you more bang for your buck than your lever action. But if it just means you shoot more rounds on a rare range trip then the air rifle would be a better investment.

I already have the edgy Black Ops air rifle, I was just wondering of some good recommendations for .22 bolts/lever actions.

just go into black neighborhood and shoot there. Not even at blacks, at like pop cans or something. but the groids won't bother you if you have a long gun and the cops won't come because gunshots in a black neighborhood

You seem to want to spend money. In which case buy whatever 22 you like.

Adding a 22 to your battery won't make you a better shooter. Working with the pellet gun you already have, and spending 60 bucks on an appleseed will.

I don't actually have much to spend, I'm looking for a good, reliable .22 for plinking that's under $300

>was cleaning AR while watching movie
>wasn't paying attention and now have chamber brush stuck in muzzle brake
>mfw

I am an idiot, how do I get this out?

Attached: 1502211510062.gif (245x230, 920K)

So don't buy a 22. Go to an appleseed and learn how to shoot. Then practice with your air rifle at home. Then apply that with your rifle.

For literally 20% of what you're trying to spend you can get something much more valuable: instruction.

Swear to God there's no helping some people.

I have a few ammo cans that are now empty. What's the best way to get the stickers off of them without ruining the paint.

The main issue I'm having is my ability to hit targets 120 yards out with the air rifle but with an actual gun I can't hit targets that are under 20 yards

Post pics.

are you sure the gun is zeroed?

I handed it to a buddy that was shooting with me, (he's a great shot) and he managed get 3 cans with three shots from 40 yards.

do you understand how to use its sights? you might be doing it completely wrong. doesnt make sense if you can hit with an air rifle but cant with a real gun. for the initial shot anyways airguns cant teach follow up.

HOLLY SHIT THE A-TEAM

I think it might just be the sights, I went from periodically shooting guns like ARs and scoped airguns to using the iron sights on the brass 30/30 Henry

front sight goes in red circle
not lined up with top like blue

Attached: st13_1.jpg (416x385, 32K)

I want to get a Thompson submachine gun.
Is is worth it to get the sbr version for 2k, or is it just as fine with the 16" version for only $980?

thompsons are very underwhelming and kinda suck. rent one and get it out of your system.

Nah, they're the a-team.

Apparently you can't read for shit either OP.

Roughly how much is the value of a k98 stock?
>Laminated
>Complete with a few small dings but no other noticeable damage

Going to sell it on ebay but no idea what to price it as.

Denatured alcohol: it’s tough paint.

Goo Gone

>Adding a 22 to your battery won't make you a better shooter. Working with the pellet gun... will
Well, this is some profoundly stupid shit.

While they're good for kids and some pest-control applications because of their relative safety, a pellet gun should be your last resort for training, because it's not a real gun. I mean, you can learn some things about shooting from buying a toy gun from the dollar store. That doesn't make it a good thing to spend your practice time on.

Your two best tools to become a better rifle marksman are a .22 LR rifle (for up to 100 yards) and a .223 rifle (for beyond 100 yards).

>I'm looking for a good, reliable .22 for plinking that's under $300
I like the Chiappa Little Badger (a single-shot) for its extreme portability, simplicity, accuracy, and trigger feel. It's about as cheap as a rifle gets (you can find it for $170), and I can't ever see it getting beaten in its role in my collection as my ultimate survival gun. Definitely hold one before you buy it, though, because some people can't get over how it feels to hold and aim, and will just always hate it.

You can go cheaper, but I like for each of my guns to serve a lifelong practical purpose. There are a lot of good used .22s on the market. .22 LR is very gentle on guns. They seem to last forever.

You can get a .223 target gun for $220. No need to rush into that, but bear in mind how cheap it is. Remember every Marine learns to hit targets 500 yards away with iron sights in basic training. You can learn a tremendous amount about long-range marksmanship without even shelling out for a scope. This is another light, compact rifle that be taken down for backpacking, and this one's a legal deer rifle in many jurisdictions (.22 LR generally isn't), as well as a much more credible defense against dangerous wildlife. Check this out:
discountfirearmsusa.com/H-R-72652-Handi-Rifle-Superlight-Compact-Break-Open-223-Rem-20-1-Syn-Stk-Blued

Thanks, I also was jerking the trigger off like a homosexual lover, and it's only a 4 pound trigger

Do you have any recommendations for mag fed .22s with wood furniture? I'm thinking of something like the CZ 512, is it good/worth it?

rubbing alcohol, test to make sure it doesn't thin the paint but it really shouldn't.

Not me.

There are many good old manual-action repeating .22s kicking around at low prices, and a lot of junky semi-autos. I don't like semi-auto .22 rifles in principle because they're picky about ammo, and there isn't much practical use for them, and in practice because there are so many bad ones that are unreliable and inaccurate.

Not him, but the Savage MK II would be perfect. MSRP like $250

Any good semi autos in .22, or are all semi .22s garbage? I've got a powerful and reliable rifle, but no plinking semis.

You're a retard. As in get yourself checked.

A good pellet gun used weekly is better than a 22 used quarterly. Not your break barrel shit, the rebuilt single stroke pneumatic I told him to get. The intro match grade gun. You want to get better you need consistent trigger time with a way to measure improvement usually that means scored targets.

I've competed in small bore and air rifle, and the air rifle taught me more about follow through than the small bore.

By all means though, keep dishing out that pasta.

Ruger 10/22 is the "go-to" and if there's a more reliable .22 semi out there, i've yet to see it. It's just a fact that rimfire rounds aren't ideal for blowback or other semiauto actions, just by the way they feed from the magazine. That said, avoid any stupid "assault rifle but chambered in semi" like the M&P-22 or those awful AK clones. You want something that was designed from the ground up around the cartridge.

If you want to pony up more cash for the gun and ammo but increase the reliability and lethality, the Ruger pistol carbine in 9mm would be a great choice. 9mm out of a 16" barrel ain't no joke for home defense.

"assault rifle but chambered in .22" **

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking of picking something like a Ruger 10/22 up. I've shot those AR15 .22lr kits before, good ones are fun and reliable but there's no need to go through the hassle in a place like New York, as all those scary black AR-47s are impossible to get

Accuracy by volume.

Cut that shit with wire cutters and extract it with needle nose pliers. If there isn't enough space to do that you're going to have to try pushing it out from the other side...... I feel like this shit is obvious

>A good pellet gun used weekly is better than a 22 used quarterly.
Sure, and a dollar-store toy used hourly is better than your main hunting rifle used decadely. It's not as hard as all that to get to where you can shoot a .22, or that easy to get to a decent spot for shooting a pellet gun. In many jurisdictions, especially in cities, shooting a pellet gun is legally the same as discharging a firearm.

>I've got a powerful and reliable rifle
The 30-30?

>I miss soda cans at 10 yards
That's a small target at such a close range for a gun that's probably sighted in for a much longer range, if it's sighted in at all. Were you aiming at the center and shooting into the ground in front of it?

When familiarizing yourself with a gun, it's a good idea to use a proper target, with a small, well-marked aim point and a large area where the exact location of your hit will be clear. The sights may be badly off, or it may just shoot inaccurately, and you need to learn these things.

30-30s often have friction-held adjustable sights, which somehow manage to wander off on their own easily, despite being difficult to adjust.

Does anyone know if the incog holster made for the P99 AS will fit a PPQ M2? I'm getting mixed answers and they look so similar but I'm just not sure.

Attached: 738045_459166504150105_1995052197_o_1024x1024.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

Just shoot it until it's gone

1. Focus on the front sight.
2. Learn the surprise break technique.

youtube.com/watch?v=eNdI_CyiRZQ

Need a decent scope for a 6.5 creedmeme. Budget: $500 (could go up to $800 for a killer deal). Would like 20x-24x top end magnification and FFP.

Attached: IMG_5357.jpg (820x1024, 145K)

how hard is it to change the handguard on an M1A?

I bought a boyds wood stock and a boyds wood handguard for my m1a but don't want to mess with it if it's too hard or if I will have problems. I bought a handguard clip, handguard clip pliers, an M1A block to help but after watching the video I am not so sure anymore

>I don't know the difference between competition air guns and dollar store toys
>I don't know that except for special hellholes you can use pellet guns in your own house
>I also live in a world where it's easier to go to a range than use my own hallway

you know far less than you think you do you pasta spewing moron.

Recently I fondled some kind of AR15 toy. For the most part everything was quite accurate except for the folding stock. That place where a regular sbuttstock would be, where the BCG is, it's gone. I figured it was some kind of 9mm AR variant but I don't know honestly. Can anyone give a guess as to which gun it might've been trying to copy?

Which city?

Should I feel bad for liking airsoft as well as real guns?

That's stupid. Why would you let anonymous people dictate what you want? I say like whatever you like, don't seek some kind of approval here of all places.

They make pliers for that? Just pry a little against the barrel and it will pop off.

Between Albany and Saratoga

How the fuck do I use this sling? Is this just a basic two point or is it some kind of fancy that you can turn from two point to one point? How do I make that happen? I'm probably just trying to think too hard how to use this

Attached: 20180529_222440.jpg (2576x1932, 1.13M)

I think you'd be better off getting a regular sling

It should be a three point sling but I do not know how to use this shit

Maybe, but since I already have this and a one point sling laying around I thought maybe this one could be handy. I can use this a regular one too if I can't figure it out

lr300 or this Knight's Armament PDW both are fairly common aegs

Attached: LT-08-2.jpg (1000x450, 80K)

three point sling

Attached: 1527622076162.jpg (2576x1932, 743K)

correction unconnected makes it a 1pt sling

alright thanks alot user

Iron sights. Use em'.

Savage Mk II

How much can an expired gas mask filter keep out? I'm assuming airborne chemicals are a no, but what about medium to small particulates?

quick someone I need the manga picture of a dude modifying a revolver to have a magazine and him saying that he made it fully auto

This is the best I can do user! funnypictures2.fjcdn.com/comments/Blank _156789ba41b5fb0.mp4

Attached: i dunno.png (560x407, 25K)

I can do you one better now

Attached: supah reelistik.gif (500x282, 1.36M)

If this guy can improve his shooting, so can you,

Attached: ghostal.png (279x312, 187K)

I can hit a target with buckshot from 20 feet away, I'm not THAT bad. But I'm still bad.

Laser dry firing as often as possible when you can't make it to the range. It won't help 100% with flinching but it helps with muscle memory and natural point of aim

Where's the best place to get prescription safety glasses? I plan on using them for shooting and Jow Forums shit.

Attached: 1515660174747.png (460x470, 97K)

For most of those purposes, regular glasses are fine. Prescription safety glasses are for when you're working around machinery that might fling something hard and fast toward your eyes, but you don't want to worry about two pair of glasses.

Just get a pair that fit over your regular glasses. Unless you wear oversized hipster glasses you should be fine.

Yea I should probably just get a spare pare of regular glasses from the doc

Anybody ever use one of these? I was browsing for a cheap shoulder holster for sweating on, and it led me to Sarco's page for this.

I wonder how poorley the nylon straps would perform compared to the leather straps. The price isn't that different, but nylon sounds appealing since I could just throw it in the washing machine every so often.

Attached: HOL150.jpg (800x1176, 81K)

If youre super-worried about it, just get generic impact-resistant carpenter goggles from walmart

They do because I guess for wooden handguard you don't want to mess up the wood.
Anyway, I couldn't get the gas plug screw off... I'll try again tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.
Should I just pop off the clip and then pull the hand guard off that way? Can I put the new one on that way too?