What gun did you overpay on and how bad did you get ripped off?

Hey user, how bad have you been ripped off in the past?

When I was a nogunz 5 years ago, I fucked up and spent almost $350 on a Heritage Rough Rider 22LR.

Attached: Ddk3S0YVQAAej-0.jpg (675x1200, 76K)

I was a retarded 18 year old kid with a lot of disposable income for reasons, and while at a gun show, I paid 1,200 bucks for a NPAP at a gun show. I have never felt so stupid in my life.

>She doesn't capitalize her own name.
Disgusting.

Meh. That's not too bad. At least everybody walked away. I know plenty if dudes who smashed up bikes or mustangs once they got a little bit of disposable income.

Did it come with any ammo or extras?

How the fuck can anyone overpay for anything when you can literally stand in front of the seller and google the price on your phone. If they don't budge then just leave.

Attached: 0119161058b2.jpg (1081x1500, 439K)

Two extra mags, a sling and no background check

I bought an AK-47 for $1,780 at a gunshow in omaha (I was just happy to get my first AK) the guy said that it was a type 1 straight from the Russian federation
I found out that it was straight from the Russian federation but it was an AKM
Still a nice gun though and my fiancé calls it a "Fools AK"

>No background check
:^)

And yes it was shortly after I turned 18 (2011)

I paid $250 for a Sterling 400 .380 pistol.
>Be me
>Like making bids on low cost auctions on gb
>Want little gun for cc
>See cheap 380 going for $150
>Bid for $175 ceiling
>Don't expect to win
>Usually outbid on stuff like this
>Win
>Pay $200 thanks to price jump to $170+$30 shipping
>Break firing pin day 1
>Sights all fucked up
>Pay $50 for parts
>Finally get to range
>Ftf every 3rd round
>Sell it to pawn shop for $90 just to get rid of it
Had worse balance than my CZ despite being a full pound lighter.

I bought a Smith & Weapon M&P15 ORC (Optics-Ready/NY Compliant) for about $1,700 several years ago. It came with an EOTech 552 though. But even without it, $1,200 for pre- NY SAFE Act semi-cucked S&W AR, I got pretty buttfugged.

$550 on a '54 re-arsenal Russian SKS about a decade ago now. I'd say I paid too much but it's served me very well and has been abused by careless new to guns friends many a time.

Paid the Cabela's price of nearly $500 for a Ruger LC9s Pro and 1 spare mag... I am not proud of that.

$450 for an old beat to shit mossy500

Jeeeeeezzzzzz,
How long did it take for you to figure out the true price?

Attached: 03f.png (500x299, 234K)

$370+tax on a century pw87
Not awful, buf $400 for it is pretty pricey imo

$670 for a used Springfield XD9 subcompact with night sights, holster, range bag, and seven mags. It was my first pistol purchase. I have luckily not been fucked since then.

1k for a Colt LE6920.

Bought a Bushmaster XM15 A3 AWB configured around 10 yrs ago, I think I paid $1200 out the door. Mind you, I overpaid cause muh elections and there was a huge panic buy going on at the time. The only gun I panic bought ever and sure paid a premium for it. Also, back then ARs were pricey but yeah fucked up

Attached: DE89B736-7C0A-4BBA-AB6A-2AB88A9CEE59.png (832x868, 881K)

$600 on a Saiga 7.62x39 partially converted back when DEGuns still had them

Also about $680 all in all for an SP01 in October 2016

Paid $750 for a kar98kurtz 1941 bnz, not sure if that's way to expensive these days, but I think four years ago I could have gotten the same gun for $400.

$300 on a 10/22 dressed up like an m1 carbine

Bought a Ruger Gunsite Scout as my first bolt after I bought a 10/22 and built my first AR. My grandma had recently passed and she left all her grandkids a sum of about 10k. The guy at the counter was a real sleezy salesmen type and I was young and naive. Told him I wanted a good bolt action with a magazine of more than 5 rounds.

Sold it to me for 1000, 4 extra mags at 60 bucks each, and a vortex diamond back scope for 450. Over 1700 dollars later it was the biggest waste of money that I could have ever used. I bought I to the scout rifle meme and I payed dearly for it.
A couple years ago that place shut down because their prices were super high and would not budge on any prices.

The next one would probably be when I payed for a standard spikes tactical lower for 300 on cheaper than dirt during Sandy Hook. After all was said and done I paid 400 for a 80 dollar receiver

paid $325 i believe for this guy back in 2010 or 2011. at the time it was a lot for a sks. it would have been over $100 cheaper, but that fat boomer faggot xxxsks showed up and tried to snipe the auction. he's dropped dead since, a little too late though.

Attached: 20171125_235854.jpg (3024x4032, 3.35M)

When I bought my first Glock 19 the lgs I bought it from "accidentally" ordered it with a set of night sights I didn't ask for. I ended up getting them to knock $30 or so off the price by bitching about it, but all that did was basically bring it down to where the price should have been without their markup.
I wasn't and still am not really happy with the sights on it. Never bothered to change them out because I've bought a gen 5 19 a year later when it first came out. Kinda regretting the sights I bought for that too (I ordered it with the stock dovetail protectors so I could pick out a set online), but again it's not worth the money to swap them out since they work well enough.

Not all of us were born after the widespread adoption of smartphones, child.

I bought a glock 26 80 percent kit for 680 dollars, as a Californian who legally got past the handgun roster and 80 percent regulations. It was actually worth it considering the circumstances, but I know you guys living in free states can get them for a 1/3rd of that price.

Paid over $300 for an Italian surplus 92s
but i don't care because i'm not completely destitute and have ways of making money
and i like to support my LGS whenever i have the opportunity

Christ. I paid $280 at a brick and mortar store for mine.

None, because I'm not retarded and do research before purchasing something.

>for a 1/3rd of that price
Try about a fifth. They're $140 for the rest of the US.

$250 for a pa-63 + around 100 rounds of ammo in 2017
i feel slightly cheated

Is that you, bathtub?

I'm about to get ripped off on an SKS. Now's a horrific time to buy an SKS due to high prices but I still want one. To put it into perspective a chink is going for what a ruskie was going for last year, around $5-600.

Talk me out of it pls. I know they'll be cheaper by the end of the year but I really want this one.

op said 5 years ago, brainlet.
Unless you overpaid when the internet was either non existent or still new and it wasn't that simple to price check something, you're retarded.

$650 for a century wasr-10. I got jewed hard on that one.

your either a liar, a jew, or a child with no life history

where the fuck are you buying one? Why not just get it shipped from someone who's not trying to rape you? I saw a yugo for $350 a few days ago.

how about option d, a non retard with access to google, and the ability to not impulse buy.

>How the fuck can anyone overpay for anything when you can literally stand in front of the seller and google the price on your phone. If they don't budge then just leave.
That's the entire post. Please highlight where it says "5 years ago" or "within the last 5 years" or anything similar giving a timeframe that would reasonably put it within the widespread adoption of internet-capable phones.

I've been buying guns since the early 90's. I've overpaid for a few things SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I had no good way of researching them (the internet was in its infancy if it was even available in my flyover state--I didn't even have the option of dialup until 1999 or home broadband in any form until 2003, smartphones didn't exist).

>$535 OTD for a Jericho 941 memegun in .40 S&W

Attached: 1526495633790.jpg (107x93, 14K)

>Please highlight where it says "5 years ago" or "within the last 5 years" or anything similar giving a timeframe that would reasonably put it within the widespread adoption of internet-capable phones.
see
>5 years ago

>I've been buying guns since the early 90's. I've overpaid for a few things SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I had no good way of researching them (the internet was in its infancy if it was even available in my flyover state--I didn't even have the option of dialup until 1999 or home broadband in any form until 2003, smartphones didn't exist).
see
>Unless you overpaid when the internet was either non existent or still new and it wasn't that simple to price check something, you're retarded.

>practicing your autism this hard
booooring
the occasional impulsive action is the spice of life user

>goes to save reaction image
>its actually meant for ants
curse you user

I paid $1300 (including sales tax) for a Arsenal SLR106F but they are slowly creeping up in price so if I ever sell it I'll probably get the full amount back.

That said I probably wont ever sell it because it's a great rifle.

i'll give you about $350 for it right now

Attached: 1466540384081.png (650x750, 364K)

a chink sks does not go for $5-600, you dumb fuck. they regularly sell on gunbroker for ~$300 unless it takes AK mags or is a rare variant. even after shipping and transfer you're under $400 all in.

I paid like $800 for my G17L. Not available in my cuck state, so I picked up a standard Gen 3 17 for $400, and the only place selling 17L slides I could find had them for $600. Sold the 17 slide to a buddy for $200 cause I'm a nice guy and he was putting together an 80% kit.

Attached: IMG_20171224_145900.jpg (3000x4000, 2.64M)

I think I paid about the same for one at my brick and mortar, feel pretty retarded now but it's a decent gun

If you gotta ask for a price, you cant afford it

Attached: i smoke lucky strikes-you smoke dick.png (622x436, 115K)

How is that getting fucked? That isn't even money.

I've never overpaid but when I first moved out on my own I had to come up with a month's rent before starting my new job and had nothing of value except my WASR. I wasn't the gun fanatic I am now so i didn't think much of selling it. I miss that fucker God damn it. I have a vepr and it's better in ever conceivable way, but there's something charming about the WASR.

I got an beat to hell sks for $350. I knew i was overpaying, but the gunshop i got it from is fucking awsome and i wanted to give them my business

>2008
>saw a universal M1 carbine for $400
>knew nothing about universal but impulse bought it from a pawn shop because muh ww2
>thing was barely in working order
>FTE, FTFeed every 4th round
>magazine wouldn’t lock into magwell unless you opened the bolt and bloodied your palm slapping it in
>saw them advertised for $250 at a gun show 5 months later
>sold it off for $350 to a guy who sunk $300 more into it to get it working properly

Attached: 7AA793A2-602E-4A54-9064-2C2893CB77FF.gif (227x221, 947K)

Paid 600 for a 1936 tt-33 no import marks no safety, no background check. Under 21 it’s barrel was pitted but it’s all matching. I paid probably 200$ to much

Always depends what universal you get :-(
Early ones with actual ww2 parts are the only ones to get.

My buddy got a later model with two springs, never worked right

>Hick retard from Georgia
>Giving them your money

You deserved it.

nothing too bad for me. $350 was a little high for my 10/22TD, and i spent more than i should have to put the upper for my AR together (including MBUS Pro sights it was like $675 or something). luckily, i've gotten a bunch of pretty good deals that more than offset either of those missteps.

A friend of mine spent $900 on a used century M70b1 at cabelas

whoops

Attached: _20180529_020240.jpg (648x574, 78K)

That's a good price for these days, unless it was beat to shit

1200 on vepr 12. Before the folding stock welded was an option.

Oh well

I once spent $110 for a 91/30 and bayonet.
Didn't even come with all the accessories or ammo.

That was the last 91/30 I bought.

Not long, but when time PSA started moving the thumb safety model for like $250 was when I really realized how badly I fucked up.

Paid $800 for a stainless slide USP 45 full size with four mags and night sights. Feel like I got raped when I could have had a .40 PD trade-in for half price.

Paid 800AUD for a CZ 452 with some cheap ass mid range optic that barely gave good vision on a man sized target at 150 meters.

To be fair, it's kinda the best price point for a complete bolt+scope you can get in Australia brand new, but 800$ for a .22 and a chink shit optic is laughing stock of Jow Forums material.

$700 for a PSL. That’s a steal now but at the time I overpaid.

Paid $650 at LGS for a gen4 g19. Last year. It pisses me off that they ripped me off so bad but then again I’ll never purchase from a gun shop ever again so there’s that. Guy down the road from me has an ffl and does $20 transfers out of his garage.

>see colt trooper III at fun show
>"only" $900
>inspect it, bore and cylinder look brand new, no dirt
>try the action, everything seems fine
>talk the guy down to around $760
>buy it
>take it to the range
>barrel, which should be crush-fit, starts to unscrew as I shoot
>gunsmiths tell me it's near impossible to fix and that I bought an $800 brick

Shit that makes me feel not as bad about my $700 npap purchase, back when they were like $500. It was my first AK. Learnt my less. Never buy from a LGS.

Maybe. Taurus 809c new out of a box. $450. Still, the best gun ever to me, keep at my bedside and bring to the range everytime. Mags are a bitch to find, same with any spare parts. Best fucking grip ever. Fuck your grip zone. This is the grip you want.

Attached: Let's Play.png (603x787, 479K)

Seriously, I judge every gun to this day to this gun. It sucks. Cause everything after has been absolute and total shit in terms of grip, handling, ammo selection and sights.

How's the gunsite tho? And dont feel bad 1600+ is rrp in Australia.

Cz are quality tho.

Same age and also at a gun show. Bought a Windham AR-10 with a 300 dollar scope and 3 mags for $1600 after taxes. I like the gun and it shoots pretty good so I flip flop between acceptance and regret.

My No1 Mk3 set me back 650 dollarydoos, but it's always been a dream of mine to get a worn out looking mk3 that could have served somewhere. Unfortunately the guy I got it from had messed with it a bit, so it was missing the magazine cutoff, a washer or two, the old stock with volley sights, the sling-holding front end cap, anf the sling itself. I wasn't too concerned with the price as it has no import marks, was made in 1916 and has a great bore. That was quite an investment for something that doesn't cost nearly that much, but I love it anyway. That being said I also spent about 1250 on a TNW suomi that was never fired. I've been saving my money since I started working at 16, God help me for my disposable income and lack of forethought

I paid $1100 for an RDB. That's higher than I wanted to pay but Florida Man won't make enough to meet demand.

550 for a Bulgarian 74
>the overpaying is on ammo and continuously

>be me
>18
>find out I can buy handguns through private sales
>buying Glock 20
>dude wants like $525 or something like that for it, LNIB
>try to jew him down
>"well I have someone else coming to look at it tomorrow"
>throw what he wants for it at him and buy a few boxes of Freedom Munitions remans off him on top of it

It is a nice gun though.

Last I heard Kelgren can't expand production at all because he ALREADY overloads the local power grid on a regular basis with the shop he's got. They'd have to open an entire new factory somewhere else.
Keltec supply problems are here to stay.

>I found out that it was straight from the Russian federation but it was an AKM
High doubt

Shame. I got what I wanted at least.

This isn't terrible, really, if it was like new. Add in the taxes you'd pay buying it new for the $545ish they usually go for and this isn't a bargain but it isn't bad.

I also paid $630 for a Gen 4 Glock 19 on November 6th, 2016.

Attached: 1527385710698.png (521x678, 647K)

Living in ban states mean ps you pay more than usual, it also means you get a special type of sellers who charge unreasonably more for pre ban or ban compliant shit.

Anyways, nice glock and nice penor extension

Gunsite is great but the mags are stupid. I'd rather have a 5-round internal mag in a bolt action than a 10-round single stack.

Pre-'86 Marlin Model 60.

Paid $90 for it. Could have found one on similar condition for $60. I the guy I was buying it from was tight on money, so I threw him a bone on that one. It's so OG, the front sights are canted, so he threw in a spare picatinny rail he had to close up that price difference.

Shame that the hammer busted in half before I got to fire it, and have yet to find a replacement.