Was it worth the it?

> In the end, the two left with $303,305 and three dye packs which later went off, ruining the money they stole

Considering the expenses and the risks, why didn't they learn programming and get an office job or something?

Attached: northhollywood.jpg (622x364, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e7mlVQ0SjOc
articles.latimes.com/2009/dec/27/local/la-me-then27-2009dec27
spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/berlin-bank-robbers-dig-tunnel-to-get-at-bank-riches-a-877500.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LkTQLN1v8e4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Or just get a job at MacDonald's.

> The Dunbar Armored robbery is the largest cash robbery to have occurred in the United States. It occurred in 1997 at the Dunbar Armored facility in Los Angeles, California. The thieves made off with some US$18.9 million [1] ($28.8 million today).
This is how you do it
youtube.com/watch?v=e7mlVQ0SjOc

Attached: 3628-1367438280-10.jpg (625x418, 257K)

Looking at their escape "plan" it's as if they didn't even want to get away, or they thought Heat was a documentary.

>$18.9 million in 1997
>$28.8 million today

This is just 20 years ago fuck

Attached: 08B8C978-E612-403D-9F45-12C1A3EED854.jpg (640x480, 74K)

This. The pair had done several robberies before and were much more expedient in those jobs. They wanted conflict and got it

articles.latimes.com/2009/dec/27/local/la-me-then27-2009dec27

the LA hole in the ground bank robberies were pretty slick

Attached: hole.jpg (634x619, 74K)

No because they actually already made a lot of money in previous heists and would have probably gotten away with it and could have moved to some place in the south and lived in anonymity.

anybody remember that old movie from the 70s or 80s about a gang of thieves that pull a heist right at the armored car garage/hub?

they basically take over the armored car garage, then heist the money off each truck as it comes in and dumps off the money
i've only seen it once but it was pretty good.
want to watch it again but i cant remember the name
google turns up every other movie in the world except the one i want

Wait, that actually happened? I thought that was just a Bosch novel.

they're immortalized in history books and documentaries. of course it was worth it.

They had already robbed 1.5 million up to that point, why didn't they stop after their last heist would be a better question

Wait, dyes as in roller dyes or color dyes?

Bump also intrested

as in they dyes cuz they wuz shoot

did it have the clown from spawn in it?
I remember a movie that sounds like that but was a 2k's movie

A little thing full of heavy, blue ink/dye that explodes and seeps through all of the money, making it unspendable

Pretty slick.
spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/berlin-bank-robbers-dig-tunnel-to-get-at-bank-riches-a-877500.html

0-2

Pretty bad ratio to go out on.

What its it with California and Bank Robberies?
youtube.com/watch?v=LkTQLN1v8e4

> men described as "white males, early 30s, slim and muscular, dressed in construction-style clothes, speaking accent-less American English."
Back when white people did cool crime

Money Movers (1978)?

Both of them had criminal backgrounds, making regular employment outside of construction and service industry damn near impossible

>Considering the expenses and the risks, why didn't they learn programming and get an office job or something?

Well I don't know, why don't niggers, mexicans, and white trash just learn to not steal and make welfare queens?

I’m Mexican, I work for a county water-quality lab. I got the job with my B.S. in microbiology. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

>What its it with California and Bank Robberies
probably high cash-density, those guys got like $20k/safe deposit box, and had done similar heists elsewhere before

So you work for sewage and water. A janitor with a degree so to speak. Congrats bro. As we know, local level government work is changing lives every day. I bet you sit on your fat ass and watch telenovelas all fucking day.

>butthurt cletus is mad he can't get out of the trailer park

lololol

I have a masters brainlet. You are the Cletus to me.

>have over a million dollars in previous robbery money
>supplement with a part-time job and investments
>allow money to grow with stocks
>retire at 40

Really should have quit while they were ahead

Prove it, you pathetic lying incel stormfag

>implying robbers can into common sense

Not if you blow it all in the first week.

This is the most stupid thing about backgrounds, you can't even become a normal person in society anymore if you tried. Of course they are going to become criminals again.

This guy did it better than anyone, he invested in real estate He got caught but they never recovered all the money. If he manages to get it back when he's released, he'll be set for the rest of his life.

Criminals back then had it easy, security systems were primitive and money was almost untraceable.

Its almost like actions can have permanent consequences and a person should think about the consequences of their actions and take personal responsibility for their destiny and not do criminal acts. Hmm.

it's a prisoners' dilemma thing
of course employers will prioritize non-criminals if they can, but that leaves an underclass with previous crime experience and skills, who are effectively barred from work but still need to eat somehow

I agree if someone commits a crime the only way they can earn money in the future is either through crime or public assistance. That'll teach em

God I love this show, I remember I used to watch it in highschool every night before going to bed.

>hmm I don't want to be limited to bushhogging interstates for the rest of my life for no pay
>maybe I shouldn't commit this crime?
>nah
Play stupid games win stupid prizes. No one forces you to commit a felony.

>buy a bunch of stock
>IRS knocks on your door asking about your sudden wealth

I'm telling you I agree with you? Of course no one can force you to commit a felony, everyone is born equal with a home to live in a school that engages them and zero violence. I mean why commit a crime when life is made easy? I remember about 20 years ago when all organised crime was wiped out along side poverty and disease so if someone commits a crime they should be forced to continue being a burden on society

I don't think you have any room to throw race into this

yes! that's the one. i knew it was an old movie and it does look dated. but still a pretty good watch.
thanks user!

Attached: 1526529099993.jpg (600x675, 57K)

sweet, just found it available and included on amazon prime video

>why didn't they learn programming and get an office job or something?
Because they didn't want to do real work and instead wanted to live a life of high intensity and crime. It's takes a certain personality type to take such a massive risk every time you need money

No shit, I grew up around the corner from that BofA, my mom worked there my whole childhood and quit, moving us to TX the week prior to this because LA was getting too violent.

I wouldn't worry about it goyim, inflation is good, the Fed said so!

Normie politicians cannot into economy.

Attached: Beaver on self-sufficency.png (1896x1752, 1.56M)

do you know what a prisoner's dilemma means, in game theory? neither side (society/felons) wants the outcome (continued crime/resorting to crime), but it's what each settles on out of personal interest and pragmatism. that's not a moral call on either's actions out of hand, it's a recognition of reality
no one is arguing that crime isn't a bad thing or that there shouldn't be repercussions for the actions of criminals, I and (I assume) other people aren't even positing a course of action to change things

You cannot invest $500,000 in cash walking off the street into a brokerage house. They will ask questions because legit businessmen use bank wires and certified checks, not piles and piles of 100s. That's why the Mob launders their money thru legit businesses...

>Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Why has this become the motto of the most insufferable people on the planet?

Saying this unironically should be a capital offense.

This is a sovereign citizen tier understanding of economics. I imagine this user also wrote multiple posts about courts being illegitimate because they are technically admiralty courts and about how you can get free money from the government by cashing in your birth certificate.

Then maybe put a little forethought into your actions? Don't want to do something that effectively kills your career of life? Don't do it. Super simple stuff.
Secondly.
>committing felonies willingly and then reaping the consequences is not the most appropriate scenario for the phrase "play stupid games win stupid prizes"
Wew.

So do you want to actually prevent crime and undermine the arguments of gun grabbers or are you just more interested in moralizing?

the real treasure was the friends they made along the way

Attached: 1499656611632.jpg (372x351, 71K)

>do you prevent crime
No, I'm just an advocate for common sense. Which is a great way to prevent crime come to think of it, so, yeah I guess I do.

I'm not taking sides or self-inserting here, you don't need to give out advice to some hypothetical entity weighing the pros and cons of jail time
regardless of moralizing or hypotheticals, there's a substantial population with a record that shows up on background checks, which businesses will almost always want to know about and are within their rights to check for. this makes entry level positions unnaturally difficult to land, and "real" jobs close to unattainable, outside of newer meme companies with a social justice bent. people with few prospects and criminal history/know-how (what they initially did, things learned in prison, etc.) are more likely than the average unemployed person to return to crime, because they have a need and a way to resolve it, which they'll likely take, maybe after a period of hardship and legitimate struggle, maybe not
drug dealing, for example, is insanely lucrative. there's a government-manufactured market that will get you 100%+ ROI depending on the product, the only barrier to entry is initial cash, and you probably already know the clientele/sources. and you can do it without references or work history or a background check.
you understand that I (and you) can describe and try to understand or discuss this subject without trying to undercut or picking a side, yes? if no one had ever been a criminal, your advice would maybe be relevant (though crimes of passion, stealing on the brink of starvation, etc. would still happen), but it isn't in the real world, and it's not useful or edifying to just keep saying "don't start doing this thing" when there's already a feedback loop acting on a decent chunk of people already past that point

It's a slap in the face don't you think?

Well, if you're strapped for cash and have fathered 37 kids I find it hard to believe that digging ditches or hanging sheetrock is beneath you, but risking it all to throw whatever is left of your life further down the toilet is more important.
>its easier to get into drugs than it is anything else
Can you breathe and carry 100lbs of sheetrock? Yes? Cool, here's $10 an hour.
>oh but that job is too hard?
Tough titty, should have thought about that before you pissed it all away. It's super simple.

>No, I'm just an advocate for common sense

Like common sense gun control?

The phrase "common sense" is just something people ignorant in an area of policy use to wave away their ignorance and preempt any questioning of their supposed "common sense" solution.

What happens to the "ruined" money?
Does it go back to the Federal Reserve and exchanged with new notes?

Abiding by the law is generally considered "common sense". Just like not sticking forks in electrical outlets or declining the offer to go play on the interstate.

>It's a slap in the face don't you think?

>I find it hard to believe that digging ditches or hanging sheetrock is beneath you

Good luck getting hired with convictions off the street.

inb4
>I totally know a guy I went to high school with that got a summons for a roach and he got a job with his dad/brother/cousin

Attached: 23795197_1659011854120886_6248639302604704051_n.jpg (498x410, 27K)

>Abiding by the law is generally considered "common sense"

Yes, like common sense gun control. Right?

No, you are incorrect.
My guy, go to any small end contractor business and you're guaranteed 50% are doing something some alphabet soup agency has a law against right down to the USDA.
>tfw acting like a sane and rational human being can work wonders
If you show up coming off a high and act like a psych ward reject that's on you.

>No, you are incorrect.

If common sense gun control is the law, and abiding by the law is common sense, then common sense gun control is common sense.

It seems like you don't understand why your opinion is dumb.

>My guy, go to any small end contractor business and you're guaranteed 50% are doing something some alphabet soup agency has a law against right down to the USDA.

So they don't have common sense?

>I'm the exception that proves the rule

>a minority group who has saturated the internet with "common sense gun control" despite knowing absolutely nothing about guns
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's nothing. Less than nothing if you will.
>so they don't have common sense
They do, they're just good at not getting caught. The world works in your favor if you're not an idiot. If you are an idiot then it's everybody elses fault EXCEPT yours.

>>a minority group who has saturated the internet with "common sense gun control" despite knowing absolutely nothing about guns

And you're doing the exact same thing knowing absolutely nothing about the reality of the criminal justice system and recidivism.

>They do

Hmmm

>Abiding by the law is generally considered "common sense"

Because it's easy to spout a phrase rather than think critically about something.

Everything's relative. Unless you're an idiot. If you're an idiot abide by the law because 10 times out of 10 you're going to get caught. If you're not an idiot then don't get caught. It's super simple stuff user. I speak for idiots because idiots can't speak for themselves , and I'll use another statement along the lines of play stupid games win stupid prices just to make you more mad. If you have to ask in the first place, don't.

Ah yes, the philosophical premeditated murderer. D'sha-crates

>they were exposed when one idiot couldn't be bothered to remove the original cash bands.
This is why you're supposed to do what DeNiro's character in Goodfellas did.

>just to make you more mad.

It doesn't make me mad it just betrays your inability to think critically.

A-are you a Mexican intellectual?

Attached: 5d79edb4b9d154c9d4.jpg (1280x706, 210K)

What's there to think critically of? Assume you're an idiot. You've had the practice. If you have to concentrate your one brain cell to ask yourself "If I do this will I get arrested?" And it replies "Yes". Then don't do it. It's as easy as that. And if for even just a second you have to ask yourself during the process "will I get caught?" DON'T. FUCKING. DO. IT. I don't know why you're justifying being a criminal and an idiot, but you should probably stop that.

That's the downside of working with cirminals, some of them are low time preference retards with poor impulse control.

>generally considered
Admit that you have no idea what you are doing and never use the meaningless phrase "common sense" again.

Are you simple, stupid, or slow?

Did any melanin enriched people pull off any cool crimes? Besides the smash and grab stuff and crawling through drivethrough windows?

The argument is sound given that out of the last four countries to attempt supremacy, America is the most self sufficient. Russia imported food from america (lacking primary economy), Germany invaded others for resources (primary), and China lacked competitiveness in all three forms of economy (please don't ask me how this happened) before their correction to bolster their secondary and primary economy led to a rising superpower.

Prove you have a B.S. in Microbiology.

Better yet, prove you graduated High School.

>I don't know why you're justifying being a criminal

I'm not. This betrays that in addition to an inability to think critically you also have terrible reading comprehension.

Which is why you're attempting to compensate by projecting idiocy onto everyone else is ineffective. I know exactly why you're doing it because the retards your around fall for your brow beating and you've been conditioned to think that being slightly snarky means you're smart. It doesn't actually mean that and you're actually not nearly as smart as you think you are. Which is, again, demonstrated by your lack of critical thinking ability and your terrible reading comprehension.

God damn phone auto correct mixing up the "you're"s and "your"s.

>Dunbar Armored robbery is the largest cash robbery to have occurred in the United States
They had their moments

dumb frogposter

>attempting to compensate
Wow, you're cute. Adorable even. Take your one semester of college English and go somewhere, anywhere, else.
>phoneposting
>can't even slow down enough to fix the autocorrects because mad
Damn, you just keep digging that retard hole deeper don't you? Have a good one champ :D

have you ever met these people you're moralizing over, or are you a middle class leftwing faggot? i think you're the latter.

i grew up with those people. they're fucking trash. literally incapable of doing anything other than fucking everything up for themselves and others. they're not nice people, were never nice people, are not capable of being nice people. none of your pseudo-intellectual horseshit is going to change that. you can give them every chance in the world and they'll steal everything else on the way out then just beat the shit out of someone for the fun of it and then blame everyone else for doing so. it's not that they have no opportunity to do something different, they're incapable of learning to be different in the first place.

they're also a fucking minority. acceptable losses.

And that is where you're wrong. There are plenty of jobs out there for ex-felons if they're willing to put in the work to get it. Hell, there are plenty of non-profit organizations that help in-mates get training for nice paying jobs once they're released. My brother used their services and was highly rewarded. About to buy a house and get married to boot.

Your prisoner's dilemma theory are just excuses.

>Take your one semester of college English and go somewhere, anywhere, else.

Stay mad. I'll be over here in my grad program while you pretend to be the smartest guy behind the counter at Arby's.

>you mad bro? u mad bro?

There goes that projection again.

You should read the unabomber's manifesto.
I'm not saying what they did was acceptable, but I understand the appeal of "making your way" outside of the structures of society.
Not everyone wants to be a wagecuck.

Literally the biggest heist in American history

user, you're the only one projecting in this entire thread.

>user, you're the only one projecting in this entire thread.

>Projects idiocy onto literally the entire population of the Earth

>Hurrrr u da won prajekting anone

>you can't call an idiot an idiot
>it's 2018
user.

Attached: time to stop.jpg (446x357, 29K)

>grad program

vaginal studies isn't really something to brag about, xatey.

>contradicts self
>can't keep argument straight
>can't comprehend other arguments
>resorts to attempted brow beating
>calls others idiot

Well then explain how he's wrong if you're oh so knowledgeable about economics.