Would hitting a bullet with a hammer make it go off? Would it fuck up your fingers?

Would hitting a bullet with a hammer make it go off? Would it fuck up your fingers?

Attached: a547038279166eeee142ecb6959bf073.jpg (640x964, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wideopenspaces.com/absolute-brilliance-man-hits-live-cartridge-with-hammer-and-shoots-himself/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends. Depends.

Probably not, probably not a whole lot.

a rimfire, yes.

Wrong you stupid faggot.

I watched my 8 year old friends fuckin go to town on a bunch of 22s with a hammer whan I was a kid. Somehow nobody died

Theres a story about some retard that did this and fucked up his hands

wideopenspaces.com/absolute-brilliance-man-hits-live-cartridge-with-hammer-and-shoots-himself/

Possibly, but the bullet would not have much velocity. In fact, it might not really go anywhere at all. The casing will rupture and fling bits of brass all over the place though.

>would it fuck up your fingers
Probably.

This guy was probably hit by a bit of brass.

tried it with a .32acp I found when I was a kid. damn near flattened the thing before it went off. bullet bounced off the hearth and wound up on the floor. doubt it would've even left a welt if it hit me.

SUMMER AS FUCK

>8 year old friends
You have to be 18 to post here

It's possible, particularly with rimfire ammunition.

You can definitely be injured but less than you'd think. When a cartridge detonates outside a chamber typically the brass either ruptures and fragments or flies off the bullet which more or less stays where it is. In that situation the brass is lighter than the bullet so it becomes the projectile. Brass or fragments thereof typically don't go that fast so we're talking bruises or some shallow skin penetration with fragments. If the bullet does go flying it'll typically only go fast enough to leave a bruise or barely penetrate skin.

This also depends on the cartridge that's being messed with. Smack a .22lr or 9mm pistol bullet and you'll learn a painful lesson, but there's a gore picture of a moron that used a live .50 BMG cartridge as a hammer and his whole hand resembled hamburger meat with a few shattered chicken bones.

>it doesn't matter if it works or not
>the shitheel on the floor doesn't know the answer

That 50 did that much damage because he was grasping it in his hand. If it was sitting on his flat hand with places for the gasses to escape it wouldn't have done as much.

Ryan Gosling is unnaturally aesthetic.

Attached: [email protected] (940x620, 45K)

Attached: 11856658_513812988776351_320596690_n.jpg (640x640, 78K)

That's true, although I suspect smacking a .50 with a hammer is still substantially more dangerous than doing the same with a pistol bullet.

Put the casing in a vice, wear kevlar gloves and use a punch to tap the primer with a hammer. Or spend 5 minutes and make a 4 winds shotgun design for whatever caliber your fucking with.

I'm really surprised nobody has posted the famous DoD pic of the guy who tried to use a .50 round as a hammer.

It was for maximum dissemination, after all.

Same here, me and a friend found a loose round when we were kids once. Tried hitting it with a hammer, couldn't get it to go off. Then we threw it against a rough concrete surface, took maybe a dozen or two tries, but we got it to go off.

It's "reasonably safe" to do though, because without the cartridge being in the barrel, most of the pressure isn't going to go into pushing the bullet forward.

His first attempt at a script was unnaturally retarded but I still had to read it, pass it up the chain, and see it produced on a whim
>but yeah he's a qt

If you hit the primer, yes. It would also just be a gloried fire cracker at that point, maybe first degree burns and some busing at the most.

Using .50cal as a hammer.

Attached: 1512867997258.jpg (1024x1325, 202K)

Aw yeah came here to post this. Despite the gore, I think this poster is hilarious.

Define "Go off"
The most you would get is some sparks if for whatever reason there was some gun powder on it.

Attached: bullet.jpg (275x183, 4K)

>anecdotal evidence is fact
good laugh today, thanks Jow Forums

Put a .22 lr round on a vice and try it.

My grandpa told me a story of how his friend fired a rifle round from his hand using a hammer. This was some time after WW2 and they were kids. Don't know if he used something else besides a hammer, like maybe a nail, but the round did go off. He lost most of his fingers.

Lol we had this posted all over the armory and shit
>army smart