American West fanboy here, looking to buy a some "cowboy" firearms...

American West fanboy here, looking to buy a some "cowboy" firearms. I'm hella broke and the only thing I can find in my price range is a 22lr single action revolver. Is a heritage rough rider worth it? And is it just good for plinking or would it have any value for concealment/home defense? Alternatively, any 22lr lever actions for a good price?

Attached: Screenshot_20180528-235913_Samsung Internet.jpg (971x574, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnSwKWRL8i4
cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=740536&type=product&MDK=dynbanP_TR&MDC=cat567338580
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>22lr SAA for home defense
well, its better than a stick I guess.

Heritage is ok, I have a Taylor & Co 45lc and its great.

>I'm hella broke
Are you from within 30 miles of Oakland? Because if not, then you have no excuse for using the word "hella", for anything, ever.

Broke bitch

Attached: IMG_20180428_124324_523.jpg (4032x3024, 1.68M)

Unironically get a hipoint.

I bought one this January, and what I can tell you from the 5 or so times I took it to the range is this:

>It was $120 for a reason
>It is about as accurate as a drunken moonlight piss
>maybe not with all of them, but the trigger on mine is finicky as all hell.

My point is that it's one of my more enjoyable pistols just to plink with, but the only reason to use it in a home defence situation is to put one through your own temple before whoever it is gets a hold of you.

>American West fanboy here, looking to buy a some "cowboy" firearms.
>get a hipoint.
Never change, Jow Forums

Just fucking save your money until you can afford a .357
Christ this isn't so hard, exhibit some self control

god damn noguns poor nigger, learn to be financially responsible or kys either way fuck off untill you grow up

you could get a blackpowder in a better caliber if you actually care about HD with it
you think Im joking but you can load up your cylinder, order more cylinders, get smokeless powder.
you'd be 10x better armed at about the same price.

What's your price range? How much is the RR at your store?
> Worth it?
For ~120 as a plinker sure, but that's not setting the bar high.
> Concealment
Not really. Too big. Also SA requires you to cock before firing. CC revolvers are usually DAO for a reason, safe to carry while having no additional steps between draw and fire. Besides the lack of power it might be genuinely worse to carry than no gun at all.
> home defense
Better than a sharpened stick. Still lacks power and still isn't the most trustworthy. Also the clunky battery of arms is a little less of an issue, but another obstacle to deal with. A Hi-Point is unironically better for the task.

Save up for a .45 LC, you won't regret it.

>Is a heritage rough rider worth it?
Do it. It's a good gun with which to practice your fundamentals. I haven't regretted mine, except for the time I forgot that my brother's .22 revolver was double-action instead of the single-action that the Heritage got me used to and put a hole in my wall.

>>It is about as accurate as a drunken moonlight piss
It's a .22 with open sights. Sure, you're not going to keyhole paper with it at any range beyond 20m, but most home invasion encounters take place at much shorter ranges than that.

1100 for a schofield replica
I will never CC a schofield
such is life

Attached: swing.jpg (1392x709, 249K)

Has anyone shot the S&W 686? I like how it looks, but $1.2k is a lot.

Attached: sw 686.jpg (590x320, 15K)

I have one, it's nice. I don't know if it's worth 1200 though (got it in a trade for less). Super accurate and the barrel weight keeps recoil manageable.

I've never try to CC it.

Attached: 20180529_033159.png (334x334, 93K)

well actually (vacaville)

no do this OP
smokeless in a BP gun is a bad time

Should've gone with the 7 inch barrel.

I read that as “smokeless in a BB gun” and got a little chubby.

youtube.com/watch?v=qnSwKWRL8i4

I too feel this pain.

If you can reliably hit a man sized target beyond 10 meters with it than you're doing pretty good. I'll admit I'm not a great shot with pistols but it's just ridiculous

I can reliably put 6 inside a 3” circle at 7 yards. It’s a blade front with a groove over the cylinder.
As the user said above, it’s a great pistol to practice fundamentals. It’s also fun as fuck to shoot.

Get a 9 shot version with the wmr cylinder.
Order it online, it'll set a precedence with for future most radical.

I love my six shooter, but 9 rounds of wmr out of a 6 inch barrel will put down anyone, and you can't really miss with it. Not at the range of any incounters you'll find yourself with. Get it, Shoot it to shit and take it ALL THE WAY APART, BOIL AND POLISH EVERYTHING after a thousand rounds. And be aware, the cylinder hand spring might break. It's replaceable. Get glow in the dark paint, put it on the front sight, not on the others.

Actually since these have a safety, you might be able to carry it cocked and locked.

My RR will break clays at 80 yards with. 22lr. If you get one with the .22mag cylinder it's even better. I love my goofy little bastard.

Whatever you do, do not get a Chiappa .22, I made that mistake instead of getting the heritage and I pay for it every 3rd shot when it shears an eight of the round off.

.327 is better.

Vacaville is fine; it started in Vallejo anyway.

Post .327

buy pic related

>$150
>smokey
>can be delivered to your door

cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=740536&type=product&MDK=dynbanP_TR&MDC=cat567338580

Attached: gun.png (380x141, 56K)

Honestly kind of tempting as a fun woods gun. And if you did have to protect yourself at home, it would honestly probably be better than a single action .22