Why do people deny the fact that lead is bad for your health? get to using lead-free ammo, Jow Forums

why do people deny the fact that lead is bad for your health? get to using lead-free ammo, Jow Forums

Attached: 1526336967837.jpg (960x570, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

humanesociety.org/issues/campaigns/wildlife_abuse/toxic-lead-ammunition-poisoning-wildlife.html
projects.seattletimes.com/2014/loaded-with-lead/1/
cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6025a2.htm
cdc.gov/nceh/lead/default.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=92&tid=22
cdc.gov/nceh/lead/ACCLPP/blood_lead_levels.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_poisoning
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because there is this long-standing thing where doing something that is bad for you is considered "manly", and suggesting that someone maybe not do something that is bad for them then becomes an affront to their masculinity

Fun fact: lead tastes sweet

Metallic lead doesn't. Some compounds do, most notably lead acetate.

switching to depleted uranium, brb

>go fishan
>use lead sinkers
>get cancer
>die
such is life

komrade bullet is inside small brass jar.

Because gallium would just melt in the barrel and I don't want to know what happens when people are shot with liquid bullets.

they get wet

Because lead-free ammunition is prohibitively expensive and lead exposure from mere recreational shooting is insignificant unless you're being retarded and licking your fingers or cleaning your gun with your tongue.

>or cleaning your gun with your tongue.
l-lewd!

t. reduced IQ

Just use FMJs/TMJs if you’re worried about lead so damn much. Keep in mind, “any exposure to lead is bad” came from the same people who said
>working out and doing cardio can increase heart disease
>red meat is bad for you
>sunlight is bad for you

does it really

A penny more a round isn't prohibitively expensive.

What are you, gay or something?

You know what else is bad for your health? Bullets. Stop shooting and sell your guns

Your riht it does taste sweet

Attached: 13976528.jpg (580x563, 236K)

There are no poisons, only poisonous doses.

ITT, Jow Forums doesn't know about cumulative lead exposure

OK, memes aside, just how the fuck lead would get into your body, unless you lick your gun, ammo or something? What else? Lead vapors? I would believe it in case of indoor shooting range, what about open-air ones?

Also, did you knew exhaust gas also gives you cancer? Go on, scrap your car now.

Shoot outdoors or a range with proper ventilation, wash your hands with cold water and soap, clean with gloves, and don't eat bullets.

Easy peasy

Attached: 1498964816228.jpg (615x618, 58K)

t. reduced IQ

>A penny more a round

Show where to find $0.26/round lead-free 7.62x39 pls

>wash your hands with cold

literal fuddlore

>he doesn't exclusively wash his hands with cold water

Enjoy a weakened immune system

Attached: 1501425699293.jpg (960x540, 56K)

w2c lead free ammo

dumb frogposter

Because some basic safety precautions and hygiene gets around it.

Wash your hands after handloading or going shooting, wear a respirator and/or have a window open if casting lead.

ian must have huffed lots of lead to get his i.q low enough to have the political beliefs he does

The imaginary ones from ""infographs""?

you mean the youtube comments that were verified real

Attached: 1526964404678.png (800x1208, 136K)

Verified real by who? You?

Pretty sure the isotope that causes Botulism is deadly at the atomic level.

Because:

1) Most airborne lead doesn't come from the bullets, it come from the primers

2) Copper is hella expensive, and less dense, making your projectiles much lighter, for the same size

3) Just don't be a retard. Wash your hands after shooting. It's not difficult

Primers tend to also be made out of a lead compound. SO yes, vapors.

There is also a thing called ground water. Water making it's way to an underwater collection point picks up and leaches lead sitting in the ground into the underwater aquifer.

Same way it comes out of a pipe.

>Lead is a toxic metal for which there is no safe human exposure level. Individuals who consume meat from animals killed with lead ammunition are at high risk for lead exposure. Several studies using X-ray imaging have shown that lead ammunition fragments very easily and very far from the wound channel; therefore, it is nearly impossible to remove completely from meat even after professional processing. Those who eat a lot of animals shot with lead ammunition tend to have higher levels of lead in their blood. Pregnant women and children are most susceptible to negative effects from lead, even at low levels of exposure.''

humanesociety.org/issues/campaigns/wildlife_abuse/toxic-lead-ammunition-poisoning-wildlife.html

>Those most at risk are employees who work around firearms, unknowingly inhaling lead-tinged dust and fumes as they instruct customers and clean shooting ranges of spent ammunition. Lead exposure can cause an array of health problems — from nausea and fatigue to organ damage, mental impairment and even death.

projects.seattletimes.com/2014/loaded-with-lead/1/

Attached: a1.jpg (1200x764, 93K)

by me, and all of Jow Forums , but continue to not believe it

>whaaaaa my internet boyfriend is being scrutinized online

>The most common nonoccupational exposures to lead were shooting firearms

cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6025a2.htm

Fumb drogposter

>lead particulates get on your hands while shooting
>don't wash your hands after
>stuff your fat face at McDongers
>smoke a cigarette
>touch your mouth in any way
>repeat enough times, congrats, you have a case of the tards

Because non-lead projectiles are banned if they can go in a pistol.

quit posting memes of that anti-white antifa piece of shit.

you are completely full of bullshit.

1. People were drinking and cooking with the water that sat in lead pipes for extended periods. Ingesting it. Not something that applies to firearms.

2. North Dakota's study of people who ate wild game vs those who didn't found no difference in lead levels.

3. If you truly believe there is no safe level of lead, you're a fucking moron. CDC says 5 micrograms per decaliter of blood. I choose them over the humane society.

4. We've always known that people working in indoor gunranges exposed far beyond what most people are exposed to have an increased risk of lead poisoning. Most of us aren't.

5. This recurring anti-gun thread is old. I don't know if it's 1 guy samefagging the same thread, or if it's a semi-weekly thing with like 3 people. Either way, fuck off. You don't give 2 shits about our lead exposure, you just want to tighten down anything you can to make it more expensive.

>3. If you truly believe there is no safe level of lead, you're a fucking moron. CDC says 5 micrograms per decaliter of blood. I choose them over the humane society.

The second source is literally quoting the CDC you fucking idiot.

see

If you loved your gun you WOULD go down on it without hesitation.

>be American
>be told bacteria are bad
>saturate household in antibacterial products
>become sterile and low T
>develop Crohn's and shart the aisles of walmart

Rare lewd of ma boi

aren't most FMJ bullets used in finished cartridges totally encapsulated by copper plating? i.e. moot point OP? most of the ones ive pulled apart have been.

There is a saying in my country
"children from 100 dicks"

Have you seen group of street stray dogs?
Small,big,filthy,sick,deformed everyone is trying to mate with everyone.
Americans are the same,the genes are just incompatible in some cases.

Then that's it's poisonous dose...

You really don't want to ingest ANY tetracarbonyl at all in any dose.

>isotope

they literally use botulinum toxin for Botox injections you mong

Attached: 5bc.png (625x626, 35K)

Cold water, as opposed to warm water, doesn't open your pores and let any lead residue in

Nothin wrong with lead. Cities use it in their water and there are no proble....oh

CDC never said "no safe level of lead" that was from his first source you cherry picking mendacious son of a bitch.

CDC uses 5 micrograms per decaliter
cdc.gov/nceh/lead/default.htm

now fuck off and die you lying waste of skin.

Except there are thousands of studies on the effects of lead and the general advice hasn’t changed. Lead is poisonous, this isn’t up for discussion. Btw, sunlight is definitely bad for you if you get too much of it.

is meant for

Unless you get hit with a lead round I think you'll be just fine. The amount that you get from handling rounds is like nothing

Y'know what else is poisonous? Water. It's a question of how much.

maybe in america

When I crack open my double 12 SxS, I like to inhale the smoke pouring from the breech as deeply as I can. The smell makes my knees weak and my arms spaghetti.

Fine retard, ingest lead and see what happens.

What’s great about people holding stupid-ass views about these things is that it’s a self-correcting problem.

It always amazed be about Botox, that people will use the deadliest natural toxin in their face

No, you undeducated mouth breather
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

OBSESSED

Breaking news! Everything causes cancer and disease. Get used to it. Pussy.

>if you aren't scared when you're within normal limits and exercise normal precautions you're a retard

You anti-gun bastards are laughably ignorant.

>wahhh proof I'm not as smart as my prof told me I was

Attached: bowl of stupid.jpg (335x488, 77K)

Lead acetate does, which is produced when you dissolve lead in wine and other foods/drinks

People smoke cigarettes, man. The main ingredient is nicotine, which is not only highly poisonous, but also extremely addictive. They also contain arsenic, and about 398 other toxins. Das jude pushes their sales, because profit btfos morals in today's shitbag society.

Literally no one forces anyone to smoke.

-a former smoker

GTFO of here with your idiotic bullshit.

>Time to roll around in Roundup because it's just as bad as eating an apple.

>CDC uses 5 micrograms per decaliter

That's not a lot.

I didn't say anyone forces anyone to smoke. I said the sales are pushed by the (((people))) in charge, because it suits their short term profits. I also stated that nicotine is highly addictive, and that cigarettes contain toxins. These are facts.
Lern 2 reeding comprehension.

moving goalposts! I'm so surprised.

Damn, it's almost like this is an anonymous board and you're confusing me with someone else.

>by me, and all of Jow Forums pretending to be Jow Forums , but continue to not believe our continuous pathetic attempts
ftfy

>I..I'm..I'm not the samefag! I'm a totally DIFFERENT user defending the same retarded position.

Yes, we're all the samefag, you, me, and that guy.

No one denies that lead is bad for your health.

No one pushes cigarettes. In fact, cigarettes are incredibly stigmatized. Have you been under a rock for the past 60 years? People buy cigarettes because they like smoking them. Fuck off with your retarded Jewish conspiracy bullshit.

>he doesn't tongue his raifu

Attached: 1500429003532.jpg (640x360, 44K)

If people push smoking so much why do I get constantly lectured about why I shouldn't smoke.

>"If you truly believe there is no safe level of lead, you're a fucking moron."

>Your body does not change lead into any other form. Once it is taken in and distributed to your organs, the lead that is not stored in your bones leaves your body in your urine or your feces. About 99% of the amount of lead taken into the body of an adult will leave in the waste within a couple of weeks, but only about 32% of the lead taken into the body of a child will leave in the waste. Under conditions of continued exposure, not all of the lead that enters the body will be eliminated, and this may result in accumulation of lead in body tissues, especially bone.

atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=92&tid=22

Just admit your wrong and you are literally attempting to misinform people about the dangers of lead.

Attached: d5e.jpg (540x801, 38K)

/thread

Thanks for the tip, gonna shoot myself in the mouth right now

>You anti-gun bastards are laughably ignorant.

>Thinks disagreeing with him makes the the other person anti-gun

I hope you like C-9 Pistols because otherwise you're an anti-gunner.

>get to using lead-free ammo, Jow Forums

When it becomes just as cheap as lead ammo, I will.

So anyone else take lead contaimination precautions?

When I get home after a range trip I clean my guns outside on the balcony. I keep the shoes I wore outside on the front steps. I have a separate set of shoes for wearing on the balconny. Once I finish cleaning I wipe down all surfaces I used and shoes I wore with hygenall lead-off spray. I then wash my contaminated clothes with extra detergent and a tablespoon of sodium triphosphate. Last, I take a shower.

I also use special de-leading soap.

man you are samefagging HARD.

I'm not wrong. I've posted the CDC's guidelines, including the part where their level of concern is higher than is measured in 97.5% of the population,
Have another source because you're slow
cdc.gov/nceh/lead/ACCLPP/blood_lead_levels.htm

also note that this level is 1/9th the level where the CDC starts chelation. So until you have 9x that level the CDC just starts looking for the exposure source. Doesn't actually do any sort of treatment.

You've been wrong on every post. Just give it a rest. Throwing in a random Ian meme doesn't convince a damn one of us you're anything other than the same-fagging anti you are.

And of course I wear gloves while cleaning and make sure to bag up all waste I generate while cleaning for immediate disposal in the complex dumpster.

I just have a window open and clean my firearms on a shitty old sheet. Every time I'm done handling ammo and guns I wash my hands religiously.

>point out that an overconsumption of water can actually poison and kill you, even if it's perfectly clean and pure water fit for human consumption
>DURPADURPADOOOOOO
Go back to Jow Forums where you belong, you six piece McChicken nobody.

Why don't you ingest salt and see what happens, did you know that table salt can kill a perfectly healthy human adult?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_poisoning

>ThisLevelOfAutismShouldntEvenBePossible
Do you use de-leading fabric softener too snowflake?

I wash my hands after I'm done handling ammunition, and I don't eat/drink while handloading.

I suppose if I shot a lot in one day, I might take a quick shower.

>not doing all your work in a self contained ventilated unit that exhausts into the exosphere
You inconsiderate fuck, do you know how many people could be affected by the lead particles you cleaned off your gun?