US military

>US military
>having a military tradition
can any burgers even defend this?

Attached: 1200px-Order_of_the_Sword_honor_guard.jpg (1200x857, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Sword_(United_States)
navy.mil/local/sapr/Atlantic-AGraphicNovel-SINGLEPAGE.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=D65AQmetUes
youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5-f6XCTOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, its pretty gay.

AF here, indefensible.

What is this shit?

the master sword is in service with the US airforce

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Burgers aren't the only ones with LARPy-ass swords though.

Attached: We vi-kangz nao.jpg (707x1000, 168K)

Zelda tier larping, pathetic.

was it too hard to give the airforce smth like this

Attached: img_6211.jpg (1920x1280, 371K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Sword_(United_States)

The basic problem is that the Army and the Navy have traditions that go back to when one might actually be called upon to stab a motherfucker from horseback, or use a cutlass in a boarding action respectively. Since the Air Force as an independent service branch dates from 1947, they never had a plausible use for swords. This gives the US Air Force serious sword envy, hence, this bullshit.

Attached: USAF-Sword-Slash-GIJoe-Thundercats-Crossover-Merch.jpg (960x734, 51K)

Looks like they just made this anime-level-bs up. WTF?

Attached: Unbenannt.png (780x520, 860K)

I know still photos can distort people's facial expressions. But god damn. Everyone in that photo looks like ashamed to be there and trying to hide it with varying degrees of success.

Ah, I remember the stories my grandpa told me of when he got shot down over Germany and engaged those pesky Hun ruffians with his trusty broadsword.

It's the airforce, this thread is like the equivalent of bullying that kid in class that eats glue.

The air force is best force though. Most funded, most effective and most idolised force.

That's because aircraft are complex enough that you can stick a part manufacturer in each congressional district though.

That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough. It was more like a large hunk of Iron.

The woman and the guy on the right have their autism sensors practically vibrating out of their pockets.

>the most idolized force
The Air Force has the fewest star players and the biggest support caste. Pilots are idolized, if you're simply the guy that changes the oil or loads the bombs though, it's basically about as respected as joining the coast guard.

The fun thing is that the order of the sword is supposed to be recognition of the officers by the enlisted. Which seems both wrongheaded and perfect.

"Those of us who fly these magnificent aircraft, who command and organize them, who manage the incomprehensible sums of money needed to build and maintain them, we who are in what what I like to think of as the "Real Air Force", too often forget about the ground crew and support staff who, despite our best efforts, we are still forced to rely upon. But, just as the noble knight could not ride out into battle without the thankless toil of illiterate peasants, so to can we, the modern knights and lords of the heavens above, tragically, not function without you semi-functional high school educated knuckle-draggers. And as the peasant doffs his cap the the noble knight, so too do you present me with this gaudy, impractical, pointless piece of novelty cutlery. I wish to thank you sincerely, as "The Order Of the Sword" is something that I can stick in my office to impress the rubes. Now go back to doing your goddamn jobs and good luck with the rest of your worthless lives."

Who said that?

It's what I imagine many of the officers are thinking as they receive this.

Attached: sdcdcsd.png (387x397, 146K)

graphic novel adaptation when
navy.mil/local/sapr/Atlantic-AGraphicNovel-SINGLEPAGE.pdf

>if only you knew how bad things really were

can we get a medal for the smart ass who slipped this in?

Attached: art.png (462x357, 257K)

>can any burgers even defend this?
You're just a jealous Eurofag that doesn't have a mega sword for their chairforce.

lmau

>over 300 pages

fuck
OFF

youtube.com/watch?v=D65AQmetUes

US became "military land" in regards to the rest of the western world because Germany chickened out, so we're pretty much obligated.

US Army in particular designed the last practical sword under Patton. This is literally the best cavalry saber ever devised.

Attached: 1525270161380.png (2072x812, 321K)

>Cool banter with the lads
shows up

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

We can't even have a damn saber any more and in the US they get huge fucking anime swords. This is unfair.

It’s the fucking Air Force. Why not just present a model 15 revolver? You could even type up some BS like how the gun had an impact on the battlefield when conceived similar the airplane and present the order of the gun instead.

Our branch is a fucking joke

T. Chairborne ranger

Stop shilling this damn sword. The last thing a cavalryman wants to do is stab someone as he rides a 20 MPH horse. Cavalry swords need to be a sabre design in order to slash and use the momentum of the sword swing and horse to cut clean through.

Attached: 1525903548229.png (300x383, 226K)

Attached: nutn.jpg (220x271, 13K)

You're joking, right? Even the late Gunny Ermy (God rest his soul) shit on this sword. There's a reason every cavalry sword in history has had a curved cutting blade.

retard

Attached: 1524097982909.jpg (950x711, 152K)

>be in chair force
>doesn't even have the order of the gau-8
>carried by 50 men on their backs

Attached: GAU-8_meets_VW_Type_1.jpg (1800x1150, 205K)

AF; Ghay Ass-Fuck

neo-fascism; that's what it is

He's right you know. You get given a sword like that, there's practically a 1:5 chance you'll get isekai'd and get to fuck cute monster girls in a fantasy world. You'd pretty much dominate with an oversized monstrosity like that, and probably have at least one prophecy centered around you.

Personally if I got a sword like that as an "honor" I'd take my chances and step in front of a truck.

Attached: 1511235009564.gif (400x225, 1.45M)

This. Either give cavalry lances to skewer kebabs (lawful good), carbines/revolvers to chevauchee (chaotic evil), or sabres to look good on parade and slice melons thin for sandwiches (true neutral).

I love it kek. Reminds me of this weird medieval rodeo and dinner thing I went to while touring the southern US

Attached: 161118-F-VJ538-0170.jpg (3138x2466, 756K)

Worst part is we never find out who the sack grabber is

>Medieval times
Tbh their food is good

What is that from?

What the fuck is Mark Wahlberg doing in this photo

The Air Force started out as part of the army, so they could just have inherited whatever the cavalry officers had and added an eagle for decoration.

Stabbing cavalry swords have seen plenty of use, especially in the East-European tradition with the rather horse-happy fellas in Poland, Hungary, and thereabout. Nothing wrong with that idea. That the Patton sabre would be the best ever is obvious nonsense however, it's a cavalry sabre design for and by someone who's all about sport fencing (ie Patton himself).

Attached: GNSMeZK.jpg (640x489, 61K)

This retarded

Markie mark hates fucking virtnam shits.
Look it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5-f6XCTOg

Curved sabers were the weapon of light cavalry, straight sabers the weapon of heavy cavalry.

Light cavalry operated in loose formations ideally performing scouting and skirmishing operations against vulnerable infantry that were also in dispersed formation or not in formation at all, giving them the room to come tearing through swinging their sabers around.

Heavy cavalry on the other hand was primarily for use during pitched battle and rode in close formation essentially side by side with their knees touching in order to present a highly intimidating literal wall of cavalry that aimed to break wavering infantry formations forcing their retreat and destruction. Since they're operating so close to one another it's unsafe to swing a saber around making a straight bladed saber that acts as a compromise lance, the optimum choice.

>why not just use lances?
Well obviously they did as lancers existed, however a lance is a long awkward pole that doesn't transport as easily as a saber that can be stowed. This makes it easier for heavy cavalry to switch between their sabers and what ever firearms they carried.

>I can't believe I get paid to do this shit

>18th century Europe is the entirety of human history

>The lack of soul in the eyes of ones that have to carry a meme anime sword and keep a straight face

LMAO

Attached: 1523001330123.jpg (768x1024, 80K)

Fucking this

>Those lightening bolts.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-29-13-18-48-1-1.png (1216x1102, 425K)

Motherfucker, have you even seen Conan the Barbarian?

>Pilots are idolized
That's the navy. Everyone's a star in the airforce.
Actually ww2 air force was pretty tough to get in to. IIRC they had a huge wash out rate, and then there was the 509th who had a 7% wash out rate.
Our grampapies were pretty elite I guess.

well, they had a physically and mentally demanding society, so they weren't wimps to begin with.

No.

Attached: 1509291117933.jpg (2320x2308, 2.44M)

Attached: 1509291030280.jpg (2704x1990, 3.35M)

Attached: 1509288498044.jpg (2604x1748, 3.33M)

Literally just a cavalry saber that's shittier at doing most of what a cavalry saber does

Don't make fun of the Sword of America! It is the key to our final weapon the world should fear.

Attached: The First Test.jpg (1920x804, 56K)

that picture speaks to me

those the officer have 5 chins?

Armyfag here

No defending it. All pomp and circumstance and all DnC not involving the tomb of the unknown soldier is ghey as fuck and nobody feels honored and nobody wants to be there

By our powers combined!

i get some sort circus feeling about this whole picture

that's a big sword

It's what happens when you have a long neck, work out a lot early in your career, then do paperwork for the rest until retirement.

The air force likes to shit on traditions by making hazing or adopting shit dress blues

UU
UU

The only thing we have to defend is your sorry worthless asses. Fuck off, europoor.

Attached: 4DDB75F8-A731-4AE0-94B8-0BA7BE772E36.jpg (640x486, 247K)

Attached: laughinglizard.jpg (600x449, 39K)