Back in my day we used iron sights and we were grateful for it

>Back in my day we used iron sights and we were grateful for it
what did they mean by this?

Attached: 1463194783416.jpg (964x1457, 238K)

Better than a brass bead or even nothing at all

I moved people in and out of houses through college, and came to hate moving/additional parts of items. This philosophy seems to be shared by some in the gun community. Something extra to use is something extra to break or otherwise fail you. A simple iron sight seems difficult to damage beyond utility.

what is this type of autism called, i follow this same philosophy, is it an extension of utilitarianism and minimalism?

I think it's called wanting less things to break, user.

It means git gud you scrub.

It's called practicality.

Not everyone can afford or finds the amount of money required to get an invincible combat optic worth it.
Lining up pieces of metal or plastic is cheaper and hard to mess up.

I agree, chinese hand cannons are objectively the best and most reliable firearms in existence. Can't get less parts than that.

Attached: 1280px-Yuan_chinese_gun.jpg (1280x958, 210K)

First the red dots came for my rifle's iron sites. Now, it is happening with pistols as well. I wonder if my kids will ever use them outside of video games.

>hurr durr I take someone's point to an unreasonable extreme to make them seem retarded
>>>/leftypol/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

>optics break
>use the iron sights instead

wow so hard

>I take someone's point to an unreasonable extreme to make them seem retarded
Refusing to use optics is an unreasonable extreme that makes you seem retarded.

Attached: QlYZV.gif (267x200, 744K)

who the fuck needs optics when you have jesus at your side guiding the bullets?

In that case you don't even need iron sights. Go all the way, don't half-ass it.

There's nothing wrong with irons. There's nothing wrong with optics though, either. Optics are superior sighting systems, and modern ones aren't likely to ever fail in practical situations, but having back up irons imparts virtually no burden for the utility they have. You probably won't ever use them, but that's not why they're there.

Iron sights aren't an unreasonable extreme you fucking mall ninja. They work perfectly fine for target acquisition and accurate aiming. Will holographic sights help you acquire targets better? Yes. Will magnified optics help you aim more precisely? Yes. Do they add weight to the rifle and add complexity that may increase the chance of something going wrong on your gun? Yes. Do they have a place in the gun world? Absolutely.
But implying that iron sights are somehow worse or obsolete or similar to primitive firearms despite being effective, lighter, and more reliable than optics is retarded.

Unless you're shelling out for 2x ammo to practice with both, your proficiency in one or the other will suffer. If you're accustomed to shooting through your AIMXXPRO4-20 and suddenly need to use the irons, you're going to underperform. Some people clearly like the idea of not having this branch of fate available. To each, their own, I say. Not to mention if you're down in some mess and shooting, you need to raise your noggin that much higher to get your eye where it needs to be. There's a whole lot more to it than there is in the vidjima games.

It means your Grandaddy had to work for his meals and defend it from poachers, rather than pay the man to defend it for him

Spot on. That's why SF units around the world shun optics, right?

Jeez louise user, I can't even see the goalposts anymore! We're talking about what some out of the millions of gun owners might like and prefer. Just because you have an AR doesn't mean everyone on Earth is a stormtrooper. Do you have anything interesting to bring up or am I just gonna hear what they do at Star Command?

Go back to your call of boooty

And you think SF doesnt train with irons? Fuck off retard.

user, SF barely trains with irons because there's more to train on in reality than just fundamentals of marksmanship for fucking ever

You’re completely missing the point, you inbred.

>Not remembering the basics of CQC
Confirmed for retarded.

>Implying I wouldnt you nigger

Fucking Mongolian niggers trying to break into my hutong

You need to be 18 yrs old to post here

>what did they mean by this?
That things were so hard back when boomers were young, so they're salty that things can be easier now, but they do everything in their power to prevent subsequent generations enjoy the product of a society that theoretically could be very easy to live under.

Tl;dr, if they had to do _______ such and such way, that means you have to, too...for some inexplicable reason.

Using irons is not hard you little SOI boi

I use them on my guns. I actually make myself git gud with irons for all my guns (if they have them) before I buy an optic. But that's just my personal policy for myself.

>nuh uh!

Good argument turbofag. You know absolutely dick.

Attached: when-an-old-vet-starts-talking-about-shooting-with-iron-21452758.png (500x529, 150K)

All the optic hate is from people that think the hard way is always the right way. There's nothing wrong with irons, but optics are objectivity superior

Attached: ! This is my Rifle.jpg (459x615, 48K)

Attached: 500 yard line.jpg (960x626, 53K)

>thinks he can hit a concealed target that is shooting back at you at 500 yards
>not SF
>cant even into grammar

Attached: 1521495871938.png (558x614, 32K)

>Star Command
Thank you for this reference. Are you from the NY/NJ area?

I hit one of these with a hammer once; broke the hammer. Shit still fired. Literally better than an AK.