"One Soldier's War" author and journalist, Arkady Babchenko, shot dead in Kiev

One Soldier's War was one of the best memoirs of the Chechen Wars that has been translated into English. It offered a gritty and unfiltered look at life in the post-soviet Russian army during these wars.
>Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko was reportedly shot and killed in Kiev on Tuesday, May 29. According to fellow journalist Ayder Muzhdabaev, he was shot in the back while at home. A source told the website Obozrevatel.com that Babchenko died before paramedics could get him to the hospital.
>Ukrainian law enforcement later confirmed Babchenko's death. According to police, Babchenko's wife says she was in the bathroom when she heard what sounded like several loud claps. When she exited, she says she found Babchenko covered in blood. He apparently died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
>Babchenko fought in both of Russia’s post-Soviet wars in Chechnya. After leaving the armed forces in 2000, he started working as a war correspondent for Moskovsky Komsomolets and Zabytyi Polk. He later worked with many publications, including the newspaper Novaya Gazeta. Babchenko also founded the project “Journalists Without Middlemen,” and wrote several books about his experience in the military, winning multiple literary awards.
>Babchenko was a vocal critic of Russia’s intervention in eastern Ukraine, accusing Moscow of waging a war of aggression. In 2017, he left Russia and moved to Kiev, after receiving threats against his life. In Ukraine, he worked for the television network ATR.

Attached: 91gcVlYxGhL.jpg (1492x2326, 717K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/24/unpatriotic-post-facebook-finally-flee-russia
youtu.be/Xi0q_qaA_ig?t=3m53s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

F

FFFFFFF
F
FFFF
F
F
F
F

Jesus Christ what a way to fucking go, F.

F

Mess with Putin, get the shootin'

F

Remember that Russia is a civilized, western country, and only gayropeans and cucked 56% mutts think otherwise.

why do they only kill the good men?

Russia has never been civilized or western. It has always been the same: 5% of it's population are highly educated, intelligent white people, representing the country abroad in politics and chess matches, the rest is and has always been nothing but totally barbaric, alcoholic and illiterate peasants. The only thing new are the HIV positive junkies and prostitutes, except for those Russia never changed. It's literally 3rd world with white people once you leave the main streets of Moscow and St.Petersburg.

Also the government is just state mafia, those who won the open mafia war on the streets in the 90s and run the place now.

Attached: _MG_6473.jpg (700x467, 68K)

because all the good men want to expose the russian government if they can

because he wrote an iconic book about a conflict we love to talk about on Jow Forums? most people outside of Jow Forums probably never heard of the book

>Russia assassinates another foreign citizen
it's like the fucking Cold War again.

First of all - he was Russian citizen.
Second - Kremlin does not touch "Holy fools". Babchenko was a little coocoo, like Novodvorskaya or Latynina. More like Novodvorskaya.

He was a Russian citizen and veteran of both Chechen Wars
He was forced out of his own country after making an "unpatriotic" facebook post
theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/24/unpatriotic-post-facebook-finally-flee-russia

F

>theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/24/unpatriotic-post-facebook-finally-flee-russia
>Channel One, Russia’s most powerful state channel, called on its viewers to create a supporting the removal of our citizenship and deportation.
>Not a word about Channel One in source link
>Link to petition is not about Babchenko at all
He was same kind of a "journalists".

Russians will defend this

The cuck American president will call Putin and say he's so sorry.

Literally nothing wrong with this. Don't be
bitches, you'd all dance and sing if Colbert,
Samantha Bee, any anti-gun or otherwise traitorous media figure or (((journalist))) got capped.

We need some shit like this to get done at home.

Attached: cnn russia.jpg (960x538, 69K)

F

>Survived the mountains of Chechnya, Grozny and Argun
>Doesn't die peacefully

Fuck I just finished his book too

F

Attached: 1387821525696.jpg (1198x830, 157K)

>bitches, you'd all dance and sing if Colbert,
Samantha Bee, any anti-gun or otherwise traitorous media figure or (((journalist))) got capped

Dude Bee and Colbert are fucking comedians, the fact that you list them instead of Blitzer or Cooper says a lot about you you poor retard

Also no, i wouldn't laugh and dance. They're Americans, i disagree with them, but i don't want them killed.

I'd even defend Bernie Sanders with my rifle if he'd been attacked by USA hating Houthis or whoever, that's what fucking democracy means. Disagreement and maybe a little hatred, but we don't kill each other. That's why we're "the western world" and Russia's a fucking 3rd world shithole.

>Can't tell if Russian troll or just edgy

Good riddance to a traitor to the motherland.

>hurr i disagree with your call to disarm and use the law to silence me, but I'll defend to death your right to say it

This is why you will always lose, faggot.

Attached: image.jpg (840x472, 131K)

One more dead Russian, only the rest to go.

Damn, I loved his book.
F

What do you mean by Holy fools?

It's a kind of a medieval russian saying. Yurodivy or Fool for Christ is a common character in stories about medieval times. He may speak nonsense, he may be rude, he may be cursing or telling something that you don't like. But you can't hit him or punish for it.
"Fools of Rus' deserve pity, but not beating"

Damn man

Rest in peace

Your book will be long remembered as one of the most poignant memoirs of the Chechen conflict

Thank you

Do you think it was the Ukrainians or some sort of western power then?

>leftists
>our countrymen

Your concern for their welfare will never be reciprocated. Ever.

Read one soldiers war a couple of years ago. Tried to get some friends to read it, but no one cared too. This is a sad day for Jow Forums...

Attached: Kfeels.png (750x750, 38K)

>"One Soldier's War"
Wasn't that the book where a Russian soldier gets disemboweled and strangled to death with their own intestines? Also, a girl being raped by a Russian soldier while another beat here in the head repeatedly with a rock until chunks of her brain literally started coming out?

It was actually a pretty disappointing read. Just...bland I guess.

F

FFFFFFFF
FF
FFFFF
FF
FF
FF
FF
Fucking khokhols
>t.ukrop that loves the money that we keep sending him

F

You.
>>shallow ditch

>Russia is so asshurt about being BTFO in Chechnya the assassinate people who talk about it
Kek

>Russia
>BTFO in Chechnya

It's Ukraine we're talking about. Could have just been some retarded nazi who thought the guy was pro-Russian instead of pro-Ukrainian.
Or a local who sympathises with the rebels.

>this level of denial
They got raped so hard their soldiers had to take hostages to get out of the city alive. Lamo

They literally exterminated all the Chechens who opposed them, their families, neighbors and their dogs and goats. Smart warlords, like Kadyrovs, ran to their side and got the right to rule the survivors. The k/d ratio is not in favor of the Chechens, even in the first war.

Fuck mang, I loved his book, seeing what kind of horror a human being could go through and still maintain some level of function was horrifying.
Goodnight sweet prince

Attached: 1412313971950.jpg (482x277, 26K)

RIP

youtu.be/Xi0q_qaA_ig?t=3m53s

Couldn't leave the war behind.