Unpopular opinions

>.40s&w is a good round for suppressor use

Attached: 1527573141092.jpg (633x738, 85K)

In literally no way is this the case though. What the fuck led you to that conclusion?

Attached: image.jpg (750x659, 68K)

lots of sub sonic ammo that still performs well if you actually want to hurt what you're shooting at

One post and poster in and you're already trying to d-defend y-yourself! Next were planning to say you were only pretending to be retarded or say he was projecting?

Most of my 180gr stuff is right around 1000fps out of a standard pistol barrel.... If you are limited in velocity, then more mass is probably better though...

As a guy who owns several suppressors the OP is absolutely correct. Subsonic 9mm isn't as easy to find locally as 180 Grain .40 and is quieter than .45 ACP. Due to the extra weight of the silencer all of .40s snappiness is tamed.

Nigga you got btfo'd

Attached: 1526017413541.jpg (586x614, 129K)

>admitting you own a .40

>>admitting you own a .40
>>>>>Missing digits like that

Disgusting

Attached: 20180529_204448.jpg (1440x1657, 1.26M)

oh yeah gosh so embarrassing. how to recover?

Missed digits proves .40 cal is a viable round

Attached: 1511888272160.gif (600x366, 822K)

NOTICE

Type:
[] Disputation of original poster's heterosexuality
[x] Notification of sage
[] Orbital Bombardment (1st Offense)
[] Orbital Bombardment (2nd+ Offense)

Cause:
[] Video game and/or anime-related content
[] Rant about jews
[x] Advocacy of .40S&W
[x] Publication of postings containing at least 80% fecal waste

why does .40 russel jimmies so significantly?

because people are stupid and love spewing memes. Also, most people fail to realize that most commercially available 10mm ammo duplicates the ballistics of .40S&W.

Attached: 1527637633001.gif (575x420, 507K)

The Glock 40 does not even have a threaded barrel though.

>most commercially available 10mm ammo duplicates the ballistics of .40S&W.
This is relevant if your ammo acquisition strategy consists of going to LGS blindfolded and grabbing random boxes off the shelf.

Or just buying target ammo and anything that isn't underwood or buffalo bore

checked

Sig makes the ugliest pistols on the planet

Attached: pieceofshit.png (380x272, 93K)

>All 5th generation fighters are military industrial complex scams
>Aircraft carriers are over-rated, ICBM submarines project power much more
>Were getting very close to a global nuclear war
>6mm caseless rifles will be the next stage of military small arms
>MBTs will become totally obsolete by 2050, IFVs will continue to be developed and improved
>qualified orphans should be put in Spartan programs to make super soldiers
>American Torpedoes are severely outdated
>But that's okay because Russia and China will always have shitty navies

Roast me

Attached: 3b258ba63b946f7e7cc8f5825c224628.png (393x341, 176K)

The 6mm bit is probably optimistic. And the problem with orphans is like in the books, it's unethical, and what you would realistically get are brain-washed dolts who have no motivation to fight.

>unpopular opinions
>the original XD without GRIPZONE is better than a Glock
>.40 is a good cartridge
>30-06 is God's own chosen caliber
>FAL is overrated and overpriced
>17 HMR is fun buy stupid considering it costs as much as .223
>Hold the Line is better than Africa
>Savage Arms is the best gun company

>the problem with orphans is like in the books, it's unethical
4 u
We will take in and make something of those who no-one else desired. We will give them purpose and duty, while you allow them to languish. They will be heroes among men.
>t. people's party official

>commercially available 10mm ammo duplicates the ballistics of .40S&W.
A)that isn't a bad thing
2)most people who buy 10mms don't buy ammo at Wal-Mart

So parrot elsewhere

I own a .40. It's the best handgun round there is. Hits as hard as a .45, has all of the same hydrostatic shock effects, and is smaller so it can fit into most subcompacts.

I also own an XD on the grounds that it's the best line of pistols around. The Croats make great stuff.

This guy here knows what's up, except I don't mind the GRIP ZONE so much.

Attached: 20180522_174852.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

>This guy here knows what's up, except I don't mind the GRIP ZONE so much.
Thank you. GRIPZONE functions nicely, it is a good grip, I just can't bring myself to buy a gun that has fucking GRIPZONE written on the grip.

He's right tho...
ye olde, "Your caliber sucks because its low power in WWB" meme.

Personally:
>.40 S&W is a good carry caliber and a very underrated SHTF caliber. Can even fire .357 sig and 9mm in a pinch, but is highly not recommended.
>.40 should have never been a thing, .357 sig should have been invented in its place instead as it solves the problem .40 was meant to rectify better than .40 does with a few added bonuses.
>fragmenting handgun rounds are actually a very viable idea, and when properly executed are considerably better for defensive use than typical bonded JHPs for most situations
>If you already own some sort of reasonable firearm then a strategically placed vest or PC that you can put on in a few seconds is a better buy than any other single item in terms of increasing your odds of successful HD
>bigger rounds are better, but with proper ammo selection just about any typical carry caliber is sufficient for reaching the vitals on anything short of the largest of kodiak bears
>capacity is as much if not more of a meme than stopping power
>lehigh xtreme defenders/penetrators work well and more or less as advertised at some velocities
>andrew of TCB channel is a walking, talking, caricature of the dunning-kruger effect. He epitomizes some of the largest core issues that currently plague the field of terminal ballistics

I know it's obnoxious but it's a great gun nonetheless. Try not to let it put you off.

They should switch it to the 'Hand-Holding Area'

why is 40sw being bad such a meme. it's a gud cartridge

Kinda like 30-06 and .308. Sure, 30-06 has more case capacity and with hotter loads can perform better, but .308 is cheaper and most loads have very similar performance in a smaller package

because 9mm is cheaper and police departments got tired of their shitty glocks wearing out parts or exploding

Imagine being S&W or sig, developing your own ammunition specifically for the needs of law enforcement. Imagine being HK developing a gun around the new loadings, able to handle 20,000 rounds without a parts failure

How does Glock perfection perfect? Take your 9mm Glock and put a bigger barrel in it, takes no R&D, and hits the market at a lower cost before anyone else

Police departments adopted glocks in huge numbers due to the blue label program, availability of armorer courses and overall low cost. Unfortunately it wasn't, and still isn't a good gun. Initially the chamber was unsupported (improved now) so loads were limited to energies similar to 9mm +P, and some manufacturers who load hot .40s&w still advise against firing it from a glock

It is a good caliber in a gun built for it. But a glock is too snappy, and too weakly designed to truly utilize the caliber

MBT’s aren’t obsolete from a combat standpoint at all. They are obsolete in an economic and logistics sense. But if you can field one, they’re still incredibly helpful and intimidating.0

>.40 should have never been a thing, .357 sig should have been invented in its place instead as it solves the problem .40 was meant to rectify better than .40 does with a few added bonuses.
Bottle necked pistol cartridges aren't new. Traditionally rounds like 7.62x25 were well received in sub machine guns where the flat shooting characteristics came into play at longer distances, but really fell out of favor for handguns since wounding characteristics weren't ideal. Even now with modern ballistics .357 sig fails to offer enough advantage over more affordable chamberings (from a bureaucratic stand point)

> but really fell out of favor for handguns since wounding characteristics weren't ideal.
Interesting. Have a source on that? i thought 7.62x25 largely fell out of favor because of recoil and size concerns
>Even now with modern ballistics .357 sig fails to offer enough advantage over more affordable chamberings (from a bureaucratic stand point)
To be fair, that isn't what i was trying to say. 40 S&W was invented to address contemporary short comings in penetration with the 9mm round that were largely due to immature bullet tech of the late 80s and early 90s. Im not advocating that the average police institution should drop their 9mms/.40s for a .357 in this day and age, but rather that it would have been a better solution to that original issue than .40 was.

I hear people claim 7.62x25 was called the "Russian Ice Pick" by Germans but even if true I haven't seen a direct quote. The round was not easily disturbed and unless it hit bone or something vital it wouldn't do much but zip through. When you're limited to FMJ (or using steel cores) a light pistol round isn't going to be very impressive and will probably leave the target with nearly as much energy as it entered

.40 was fucking awesome though, it was so powerful it was blowing up 9x19 pistols.
If they hadn't shortened the case and kept it exactly as powerful as a .40 in a 10mm people would have gone for it.

The thing is, I don't see why people love long casings, with bullet length the over all size all has to fit in the grip. Shortening the case and overall length just seems like common sense.

I wonder how big of a marketing campaign against 40 there was by the gun companies that couldn't make reliable .40 pistols was

People don't want to spend $800 on a USP or 226 but even M&P is better than Glock for .40

That shit is overblown as fuck. .40 glocks are fine, particularly the newer ones.

Glock happens to chamber their 40 S&W pistols without a fully supported chamber and both of those above safety notices are likely aimed at Glock. I know of no other 40 S&W handguns being sold in the US that don't have fully supported chambers. If you really want to shoot our 40S&W ammo in your Glock, have an after market barrel that uses a supported chamber, dropped into it. This is a fairly common practice and will give you the safety margin needed to fire our ammo in your Glock. It will also likely give you more velocity than the factory Glock barrel. I personally own two Glock Model 23's. Both of mine are going to get after market barrels dropped in so that I can use this excellent ammo in them. The issue of Glock pistols not having a fully supported chamber is with the 40 S&W cartridge only, not 45 acp, 10mm, 9mm or 380 auto. While Glocks chambers are not fully supported in any of those calibers, only the 40 S&W brass is weak enough in the web for it to be a safety issue. I REPEAT, only the 40 S&W is a safety issue with chambers that are not fully supported. You do not need to be concerned with this issue when using our 45acp+, 10mm, 380 auto+P or 9mm+P or +P+ ammunition in Glock pistols.

Idiot, 1st gen didnt have supported chambers. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

That's just CYS shit from a company that's at best on the ragged edge of in spec ammo. Early glocks were fine with SAAMI ammo but did have less chamber support than many other guns, this was fixed in the 2000s with the gen 3s and now .40 S&W factory barrels have just about as much support as aftermarket "fully supported" barrels that your quote recommends.

Attached: G23 chamber support over time.jpg (508x371, 32K)

Looks like the aftermarket barrel in your pic has more support than the glock barrels

Not where it matters, which is at the feed ramp. The extra support on the sides doesn't really make a difference, pressure takes the path of least resistance and that's always going to be the feed ramp area on typical semi-autos, that's why they call them glock smileys not glock rings. The amount of support in that area on both is just about identical.

I think of it as the factory loads being completely adequate for defensive or plinking use since I don't need 1400fps for paper and for defensive use the bullets are the exact same with the same velocity threshold so going balls to the wall isn't necessary. Boutique rounds are great for entertainment and animals

Yeah buffalo bore would be ideal for handgun hunting or predator defense

that's not an opinion, OP. that's factually wrong.

>IMHO, the sky is red