How practical is a helmet that integrates ballistic protection, gas protection...

how practical is a helmet that integrates ballistic protection, gas protection, and an augmented reality overlay of combat information (infrared vision, drone/satellite information).

Attached: 131ed08f9010ae680129d6abebd7b562.jpg (1000x1050, 140K)

Heavy, expensive, complicated, and susceptible to damage easily inflicted by grunts.

It would probably get pretty hot the second you had to move around. Plus I guess you'd have to worry about filters

Attached: genkillcap.jpg (1280x716, 172K)

fpbp. Also
>not posting the full version.

Attached: 1487497477203.jpg (2355x2773, 637K)

/thread

officially commandeering this as a sci-fi armor and equipment thread.

Attached: 22.jpg (1600x1200, 359K)

Attached: 1491443302536.jpg (535x933, 171K)

Attached: 1491404545566.jpg (1304x1828, 400K)

I feel like most of these issues come from integrating protection from chemical attacks. would it be realistic to have a land warrior type interface with the helmet and have separate equipment for chemical protection that can be brought along depending on the mission?

I wish they would remake/remaster this game. It was so fun.

Attached: 1487494271829.jpg (4000x1918, 1.54M)

Keep it simple stupid. Emphasis on stupid. Which you are.

fpbp

Also, open helmets are important when you try not to look like an evil army in a foreign country, the humanization factor is really fucking important.

I'm hopeful. With all the silly shit going on with Battlefield V, the only thing that really bothers me about it is that EA is pushing out another WWII shooter when we've been asking for 2143 for ages now.

Attached: Soldiers.jpg (1024x876, 146K)

But aren't most of those guys just wearing a futuristic gas mask while also wearing a helmet?
I'm pretty sure that they can take off the gas masks without taking off the helmet

Seeing what happened to battlefield V... no, thanks, let's leave memories as they are.

EA even destroyed battlefield revive, their hatred of logic and sanity knows no bounds.

Attached: 1487438896832.jpg (1229x649, 90K)

never thought about this tbqh, makes sense that the bad guys in a lot of pop culture wear helmets that cover the face.

>golly death korps of krieg are just swell, how much would it cost for me to make an army for them?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Let's be honest here: if there was one place we could reasonably expect to see numerous female combatants, it would be a sci-fi ice world where literally everyone will be fighting for survival.
If, on the other hand, the game turns out to be like the trailer and is just a complete mess of bullshit, then yeah I'm with you.

Attached: c.jpg (1280x837, 174K)

It's more psychological than anything for comunication purposes when you hide your face people do not feel comfortable, probably because they are losing the non-verbal interaction and cannot feel safe when they cannot see the whole spectrum of information the other person is trying to comunicate.

Attached: 1491374227877.jpg (2325x3225, 861K)

Attached: 1498101474887.jpg (1002x1600, 145K)

Attached: 1498096101149.jpg (1500x1423, 530K)

>Walküre

Mah nigga.

How would you effectively shoulder a rifle with a fucking shield strapped to your arm?

>augmented reality overlay of combat information (infrared vision, drone/satellite information)
As soon as folks find a way to make this happen in a reliable package that doesn't cost as much as a Ferrari, then it'll be everywhere. But you can accomplish that with some goggles, full-face stormtrooper helmets aren't a thing because nobody actually wants to wear that shit when it's hot, and filtered masks already suck to actually do stuff while wearing.

The only way I could ever see a sealed helmet catching on outside of CBRN scenarios is if it had some kind of oxygen system, something that would give you compressed air like in SCUBA or firefighter gear. This would alleviate some heat problems (both from wearing the helmet and just in general if it's hella hot out) since compressed air is cool, and you'd probably get a boost to physical performance out of it. But the technology to make that happen in a practical way doesn't exist.

Attached: erikas-perl-aftermath.jpg (1700x830, 1024K)

Attached: 1498096033067.jpg (894x1265, 168K)

But it does reduce the number of items they can lose!
Although if they misplace it, they then miss out on ALL the functions it provided.

Why are his knees so low

is this fear 2? is it on PC? i heard it's good

manlet.

i think his knee pad fell off.

>mfw no helghast elite shock trooper gf

Attached: fb8f961a0d7519d6ac765421446f5d1eed2dfc18607ce6375f4ec61eb17591fc.jpg (528x480, 37K)

any info on the classified regiment?

Open-face helmet, smoke mask, and transparent LCD goggles?

The best skin for security forces in Insurgency

Not even that, how do you draw the pistol?

Clearly the pistol is there in case your weapon arm is disabled. You plant the shield in the ground dramatically and then use your shield hand to draw the pistol and continue firing.

Doom guy just has fucking muscles for ripping and tearing.

>Heavy, expensive, complicated, and susceptible to damage easily inflicted by grunts.
Guess SOCOM doesn't think any of those are showstoppers for their operators, since all of the above are spinoffs coming off of the TALOS exoskeleton project.

>Thinking those are girls.

Naw dude they had the same borish male voice.

Attached: 1487102881345.png (354x378, 140K)

It's been awhile but didn't the helgast wear the gasmasks because they had respiratory problems from the shit hole planet they were exiled to.

No their shitty planet has a shitty atmosphere

>filter on face
>filters on back
Thats fucking stupid

>No gruff-voiced helghast elite shock trooper gf(male)
>ywn cuddle up next to her for comfort after surviving an ISF ambush
>ywn watch her slowly strip off her armor after a hard won assault on an ISF base
>ywn listen to her voice rumble in her chest as you two discuss your plans for after the war

Attached: 00252D89-D8CC-4F28-A7DB-F40668B5B719.jpg (640x562, 198K)

It doesn't even connect back to the mask.

>Teutons
Literally a space Prussian.

It's called 40K not because of the millenium, but because thats how much you'll spend making a fucking army.

and SOCOM doesn't use TALOS in any aspect, so what's your point?

The novelization of Killzone 3 indicates that at least some of the Elite Shock Troopers are female

Attached: Paganism in Christianity.jpg (610x509, 59K)

Believe yourself that, but they were never in that game. They only appeared when the ISA cruiser was being boarded in killzone 2.

Attached: Q post atomic horror Soldier ‘21st Century soldier #2, Roy Fussell’..jpg (801x690, 78K)

>One soldier looks like Roman Praetorian.
>Rich Slaver World.

LMAO Pax Roma

>they were never in that game. They only appeared when the ISA cruiser was being boarded in killzone 2.
Correct

Presumably a high tech uniform such as this would have some form of integrated cooling system.

The TSA has marines now?
Patriot act has gone too far

>support trooper
>no personal weapon
>fires what appears to be disposable LAW-style launchers
>still has a weird thigh pad with RPG rockets without the propellant
Yeah, ok.

Night vision good. Combat "data" annoying and in the way. Use a smartphone. Helmet good. Gasmask good in gas. Open face good when no gas. Gasmask lives in gasmask bag, keep it clean and safe when not needed.

I do imagine a post apocalyptic world, stalker crossed with the road. Where wastelanders wander a semitoxic environment in backpack/tent/cbrn suits with exoframe legs. Not built for frontline combat but longterm habitation like a space/mars suits. Each one custom built around the individuals needs and personality like the Exo Squad back in the day.

I really really fucking love the look of the soldiers in wolfenstein, but I can't really say why

Attached: wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-bild-7.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

>posting the worst COD game with a literal hues as the U.S main enemy
S U M M E R
is here

I’d say it’s worth it if you have the money, got my shit pushed in repeatedly by a guy running Death Korps. Dude would just rain artillery all day.

absolutely this
P A T R I C I A N

Attached: Shadow.png (2625x1220, 1.49M)

For their Universe its very practical for their people,

After Being Genetically modified to live on their hell hole of a Planet they still need to use a Re-breather because of the crappy atmosphere (which is described as "Breathing Ash through a straw")

Rest of the Gear is to keep the shit floating around out of their gear.

>the final boss of killzone 3

that fucking spider robot was an amazing boss fight. I feel so bad that we'll never get anlther game like kz 3 and the grittiness and blood that came with the environment.

good thing i enjoyed it while it lasted.

>>I do imagine a post apocalyptic world, stalker crossed with the road. Where wastelanders wander a semitoxic environment in backpack/tent/cbrn suits with exoframe legs. Not built for frontline combat but longterm habitation like a space/mars suits. Each one custom built around the individuals needs and personality like the Exo Squad back in the day.

Attached: 1521813232776.jpg (445x709, 70K)

>get blasted by funky CBRN agents
>lose super expensive piece of gear
>meanwhile enemy use "disposable" protection (bro just use that spray and put it back it's all good) that cost 500* less

Attached: Page 60.jpg (2496x3408, 1.89M)

Chinese recasters my man. Sometimes better quality than FW for a 60% discount. Just wear a mask when working with China resin

Humanization? Really? Because it's not working.

The mudslimes already don't think we're human, so we might as well get our skull-helm and death-aesthetic going.

>Heavy

For now. We keep getting better at shrinking the stuff. If you ever get a working functional exoskeleton super heavy armor and data integration becomes a lot easier.

I imagine HUDs will first get used for sniper/spotters and recon since live drone info is key.

DESU, by the time we get the tech for cool power armor we'll probably be not too long from being able to use land based drones for most things anyhow. That's the next logical step.

These are the same retards that advocate rucking hundreds of pounds of useless junk and think it’s a good thing that soldiers are forced to carry more useless bullshit for every decade that passes.

This Only brainlets and third worlders need such an animal-tier interaction with authority.

Only a concern on the near side of the moon, but China is going to build its base on the far side.

Firing a plasma hurler past 200 yards accurately requires a HUD.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (823x768, 101K)