>the current state of Australia

abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/push-to-import-rapid-fire-shotgun-to-australia-sparks-concerns/9807790

>New South Wales Greens MP and gun control advocate David Shoebridge said the guns potentially needed their own unique category.

>"This is effectively a new category of weapon, a new dangerous category that a number of firearms experts have described as a semi-semi-automatic weapon, with a high rate of fire. It doesn't fit neatly into any of our current categories," he said.

Attached: shoebridge triggered.jpg (362x362, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntpsMWf9qmo
youtube.com/watch?v=jcAjCz2p5-U
youtube.com/watch?v=qyFwOd2etfU
police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/licenceApplication/weapons/categories/categories.htm
stmarysindoorshootingcentre.com.au/
abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/mackay-cbd-in-lockdown-after-reports-of-man-with-gun/9817552
discord.gg/n7uSgz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw it isn't even fully semi-automatic

>"experts"
>"Semi-semi-automatic"

Yeah right, Shoebridge is just making shit up on the fly again

Attached: 1523354799362.png (500x336, 48K)

kek
It actually is semi-semi-automatic

what absolute losers. 100% going to get invaded someday.

This is why you violently overthrow your colonial overlords (USA), if you just wait to be granted autonomy you're pretty much turned into poorer, shittier versions of the country you broke away from (Canada, Australia).

>semi-semi-automatic

Attached: 1527099908362.jpg (436x446, 20K)

my car is semi automatic if i don't change gears

>french guns

They dont work, whats the worry?

FULLY-SEMI-SEMI-AUTOMATIC ASSAULT GUN

Attached: 1498486511166.jpg (480x480, 27K)

>semi semi automatic weapon

Attached: 1482649599690.jpg (720x720, 45K)

>"Shame on you for thinking that we are Americans, that's what I say to the anti-gun lobby," he said.
They're more buttblasted about being called American than the possibility of their product getting banned.

Attached: reality is a mistake.jpg (500x405, 26K)

le french meme lel xddd

the Emus are waiting and watching

Attached: Emus.jpg (703x480, 39K)

Lmao, I thought manufacturing a glock in California and making it lock back on it's first shot to "convert" it to a semi-auto later by having a normal mag was cheeky enough. God speed to you Aussies out there, that thing looks like fun considering the circumstances.

The Emus did nothing wrong and were fighting a tyrannical government.

The Jow Forumsube will summon the ghost of Ned Kelly and his army of Cybernetically ehanced EMUs with 4 grafted hands each wielding full auto bushmaster Port Arthur approved Roo removal sjw nightmares.

The fear of Americanization in anglo countries is real man. Canada is already basically California with asians instead of hispanics.

Half of the developments in the firearms industry originated in France.

they're kind of right though, I mean, it shoots quicker than the fastest fully automatic assault shotgun used mediocrely by a person who wanted to kill people with it, I'm sure. of it.

And half of them dont work apparently.

shut up kid

That's cause if they are associated with the US their product WILL be banned. People here only know that US = guns = shootings = bad.

Attached: NSW_IRL.jpg (555x295, 62K)

why haven't ausfailians gone full 1776 yet? why are they so cucked?

Because England already gave up on them.

>Smokeless powder doesn't work

>mfw David Shoebridge posts an edited clip of the Verney-Carron

Attached: Pinochet.jpg (229x248, 25K)

>semi semi automatic
>if I correct their bullshit I’m a “Gunsplainer”
>this shit is real

Everyone needs to be getting helicopter lessons right fucking now. Or you Kangaroos need to cut power and infrastructure to your big cities. Watch it burn bruhs

Attached: 63AF4695-F8E9-41F4-8B87-44B6FB13FB0F.jpg (520x483, 152K)

at least we'll have high quality .22 rifles soon!

Attached: 20180124_Shot Show Day 2 Beretta_025_preview.jpg (2048x1365, 383K)

>number of firearms experts
>semi-semi-automatic weapon
>"With this particular firearm the concern is the rapid-fire mechanism. The ability for cartridges to be loaded at a very quick capacity,"
>The ability for cartridges to be loaded at a very quick capacity
>at a very quick capacity

These people literally don't even know what the words they're using mean.

Browning, Stoner, Kalashnikov, these men matter.
France does not.

LOL Are they sure it isn't a hemi-semi-demi-automatic?

Dibs on learning the Huey

And the other half that worked came from Browning.

This whole story is a crock of shit.
The importer is a faggot for thinking they should be Category A or B.
They're absolutely Category C firearms, sure they don't fit the definition of semi automatic perfectly, but they absolutely fall between pump action and semi automatic and anyone who is hunting can easily get endorsed for carrying Category C firearms, as the importer would fucking well know.

Category C firearms:

Semiautomatic rim-fire rifles (with a magazine capacity no greater than 10 rounds)
Semiautomatic shotguns (with a magazine capacity no greater than 5 rounds)
Pump-action shotguns (with a magazine capacity no greater than 5 rounds)

Because I know just how fucked the average Aussie criminal is, same for abbos.
See
youtube.com/watch?v=ntpsMWf9qmo
youtube.com/watch?v=jcAjCz2p5-U
youtube.com/watch?v=qyFwOd2etfU
There's nothing to stop you from getting a pistol shooting licence and buying a Glock 17A, rifles are even easier.
As for our politicians, they're incompetent, but our anti-corruption protection is so utterly autistic that nothing too bad really happens.
We do literally recognise that if you want guns for fun, "FUN" is a legitimate reason to own a gun, but self defence isn't.
However, if someone breaks into your house and you HAPPEN to be cleaning your gun, you can shoot the fuck out of the crim no worries and you'll be fine.
And finally, we can always stock up on guns and go full 1776 if we really want, but shit's too comfy as is.
I don't mind, I like the choice of "Australia: No niggers with guns, but also not many anons with guns" and "USA: Fuck it, protect yourself".
I'm moving to the US soon because I prefer the latter choice, but I think it's best to keep both countries as they are now, and let people freely choose which they'd rather live in.

We should make Japan be imperialist again, the east would be much better off with the nips controlling it.

Wait so is C like for extra “dangerous” guns? Sounds like the shit I had at 14 falls into that. What’s A and B bolt action 22s and single shot fucksticks?

I'll never understand why the LEFT wants to take guns away but they think the RIGHT is authoritarian

Nah, we have other categories for "dangerous" guns, oh and a category E dedicated entirely to Ned Kelly.

police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/licenceApplication/weapons/categories/categories.htm

Should provide you with some luls

The article is literally saying it falls into that category because it's faster than a typical bolt action or levergat
Which aren't semi auto to say the least

A&B: Bolt action & other non-semi-auto shit with low capacity mags/no mags, or single shot stuff
C:Semiauto non-pistol limited capacity
D: Not-so-limited semi auto rifles & shotguns
E Handgun: Handguns, minimum barrel length unless you're in security so no sneaky-beakying around.
Unless your security, pistols only for target shooting competitions. A&B anyone can have for sport/hunting, C&D only if you're a farmer or, again, military/Police/Security

Can we stop pretending that any of these laws make any sense or improve a damned thing regarding public safety?

Attached: Australia crime.jpg (1239x1011, 167K)

Attached: Australia gun laws.png (1200x900, 274K)

Attached: Australia homicide rate.png (1073x770, 55K)

Attached: Australia weapons.png (2892x1316, 1.98M)

All I can say is fuck Australia.

Attached: Australian gun laws.png (1500x1100, 373K)

>a number of firearms experts have described as a semi-semi-automatic weapon
The absolute fucking STATE

Attached: Australia illegal guns.jpg (1176x2022, 622K)

Attached: Man arrested in Australia for making SMG's.png (665x1569, 602K)

I got a semi-semi right now reading this

Attached: wut.gif (400x225, 1.72M)

Pretty much. Cat C is supposed to be only for farmers but apparently the cops can be a little lax with actually checking the person applying.
A and B are manually operated firearms. A is for rimfires and shotguns (excluding pump and lever shotties), B for centrefire rifles and lever shotties < 5 rounds). Lever shotguns with > 5 rounds are cat C.
If you want to laugh at us some more; any firearms license must have a "reason" (target shooting, hunting, etc) as well as proof that's what it's for (club membership, permission to hunt, etc). Self-defense is not a legal reason. Safes are required (often needing to bolted to foundation) as well as a "permit to acquire" every time you purchase a new gun. Of course there are fees every step of the way. All this shit priced me out of buying a cheap plinker, which is probably the point.

>and let people freely choose which they'd rather live in.
but they don't get to freely choose

But they never have mass shootings!

Attached: Australian_Mass_Shootings.jpg (458x899, 88K)

>no stainless model

>guns get heavily regulated
>you need to have a license and good reason to own a pump action shotgun
>biker gangs are now running around doing biker gang shit with machine guns
lmao good job Ausfailia

That's a pretty rare occurrence and a depressed guy offing his family then himself is hardly a "mass shooting".

It's utterly inconsequential to firearm discussion.

SSAA membership $100

Cheap Bunnings safe $250

licence fee around $260 depending on your state

PTA $35

Cheap Ruger American $700 with a decent scope

Save around $1400 and you can be an Australia gun owner

That's small time, most organised crime here in Australia (not low life bikers) are running around with full auto drum fed AK's, or ex police MP5's etc

Attached: Straya.jpg (480x360, 27K)

It fits the criteria for a US mass shooting.

>semi-semi-automatic weapon

So, a bolt action?

Looking forward to more missing evolutionary links being used in these stupid places
Perhaps an assault matchlock shotgun

So when people say the US has had 9999 mass shootings and they include any incident where more than 2 people were hurt by a firearm, that isn't a mass shooting either?

Attached: Asian_man_attacked_by_firearm.jpg (1023x682, 65K)

>an assault matchlock shotgun

Attached: [dredging up past trauma intensifies].jpg (306x359, 30K)

Pretty sure the speed line does have a gas system, good luck keeping it cat B.

I cry erry time.

Attached: MP40.jpg (1012x668, 102K)

Obviously not, why would it be?

Did it survive?

By cheap plinker I meant something like a pre-owned $400 POS. That alone would take me a while to save for.

Cheers for the list though, the other stuff is actually cheaper than I thought. Safe could be a problem because I'm renting and I'm not sure if I could afford safe rental fees. Oh well, I'm looking into ways to make more money anyway.

He likes women's fitness videos too. Maybe somebody should tell him his youtube shit is public.

Attached: Gun_owners_are_compensating.jpg (867x831, 124K)

Some stuff was donated to RSLs and museums, so possibly.

>RSL

probably permanently deactivated:(

It's not ideal, but you can keep your firearm at a club until you get a safe.

Can you store it at a family member or friend's home?

Not sure of any SSAA club that will do that

Yeah that’s not problem, they just can’t have keys for the safe unless they are licensed.

>Not sure of any SSAA club that will do that

I know of a few, St Mary's for examples has firearm storage facilities. Kennards self storage also does firearm storage in a few states, as do a lot of gun dealers. Seriously, just ask at your local club. If they don't, i'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

stmarysindoorshootingcentre.com.au/

Demi auto boi

Doesn’t kennards charge like $80 a month? Fuck it just install a cheap safe in the apartment, he isn’t doing anything illegal fuck the landlord

Thanks, I'll look into it. From what I've seen so far, my local clubs don't offer it, but I'll ring up later.
Family's not an option though, they don't like guns and are halfway across the state.

$60 here. Not much, but add ammo etc. and it gets a bit much for a broke student just looking to shoot once or twice a month.

Thinking about getting an entry-level part-time job in my field of study anyway. It'll extend my degree, but being a full-time student with no money for fun sucks the life out of life.

Have you thought of joining a pistol club? Could be cheaper and a lot of pistol clubs have hire guns.

Also a lot more pistol ranges then rifle ranges

to inflate numbers and push harder for gun control

We did, took the English two years to send some troops down and quash the rebellion.

Yeah, gun laws sure do a lot to prevent people wandering around with guns.
Oh wait

abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/mackay-cbd-in-lockdown-after-reports-of-man-with-gun/9817552

Attached: Capture.png (701x121, 12K)

For those who don't wanna read, they're pretty much trying to ban MARS action

I don't know what the legal definition of "semi-automatic" is in upside-down land, but in the UK and USA, any additional manual action needed to load the round, close the action, and reset the trigger disqualifies a firearm from being considered "semi automatic". I don't understand how this would be considered semi-automatic unless the laws were retroactively changed, again unless kangaroo land has really weird definitions just to be special.

Honestly, there's still a metric fuckton of captured surplus MP40's and STG44s sitting in warehouses across Eastern Europe and the Levant

Attached: 8278374086_6e823a7890_b.jpg (1024x683, 262K)

Literally fucking BasedBoys. I'm looking at this gun, and thinking of how it needlessly restricts the function of the firearm, and looks lame. Somehow this is the stuff off nightmares for liberal politicians.
Emotionally immature, I wonder what happens if they see pictures of a scary monster or something.

I hate that this faggot Shoebridge pops up in every gun article. Every time he's gone at it with Leyonhjelm over guns, he's been owned.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

The absolute state of Jow Forumsangaroos

Its not a semi automatic. They gun is already here and approved in all states and territories, by said state and territories Licencing/firearm departments.

They are not 'absolutely Category C', you however, are absolutely a retarded cunt

Hunters can’t get category C unless they are doing it on an occupational basis, in that case they would just get cat D.

Cat C is for farmers.

discord.gg/n7uSgz join up fellas

Semi-semi-automatic weapons:
>full automatic single action revolvers
>double-tap single-shot military shotguns
>electric-powered six-barrel rotary derringers
>spoons

they work off emotions not statistics

>semi-semi
Wouldn't arrested semiauto or arrested autoloader be a better term?

I see you've played machineguney-spoony before

Attached: australia knife.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>semi-semi-automatic

Attached: 1497589280793.jpg (224x219, 13K)

>he thinks it's ever been about public safety