PPK or Makarov?

Hey Jow Forums so I’m looking to get my first CC gun and I’ve been fairly stumped when it comes to deciding between two. I know I want either a makarov or a PPK due to generally positive feedback from both groups and price point. I’m just wondering if anyone here on Jow Forums has any experience with either or both and if so what would your choice be and why?
>inb4 no stopping power

Attached: D3004887-F754-4BD4-90B6-88564F21CEA4.jpg (640x480, 63K)

Makarov hands down. Simple. Parts are plentiful. It will never fail. Wolf ammo is cheap. Great carry gun endorsed by iraqveteran8888. Also watch the torture test done by Military arms Channel

>Great carry gun endorsed by iraqveteran8888.
That's not a good thing, man.

i wouldnt choose either for a carry gun. the ppk is heavy for what it is, heavy trigger, and low capacity. the same kind of issues with the mak although id choose the mak over ppk.

It doesn’t matter if it was endorsed by Eric or not. It is a proven military firearm that is renowned all over the world. And it is still In service. That is enough for me

Sig 230

The PPK, but only in .32 ACP.

How much do they go for?

just bought a blued JJ (1988) W.German 230 for about $350. Some wear, which could be avoided with a stainless model, but it's my carry and meets all requirements (at least .380, at least 6 rounds, decocker, da/sa or sa action).

see

because I can't triforce or reply to the correct post

▲▲

>I cri evrityme

I used to carry an Interarms PPK/S. It was wonderful...

...and then I shot a Ruger LCPII. Nearly the same felt recoil out of a much smaller and lighter package. The PPK/S is now a range toy, and my LCPII goes everywhere with me.

pic related

Attached: 3320FD62-2F18-4998-8CDA-A5D493263A11.png (672x999, 588K)

I prefer the PPK, but that's just personal preference, like all of the OPINIONS in this thread.

I have two makarovs, one in 9x18 and one in .380. Both are a joy to shoot. Would not suggest a PPK in .380, it's pretty snappy

Does it matter? Either way you may as well just give your wallet and wife's butthole to Jamal, since all you're going to do with either is piss him off and fill him with violent sexual rage.

Dude makarovs are military sidearms. Fuck off with your misinformation

9x18 is fine for head shooting political dissidents and malnourished farmers, but I wouldn't trust it to drop a 300 pound silverback reliably

The PPK was a military sidearm. What's your point?

Makarovs are pieces of fucking shit and anyone who recommends them belongs on a cross.

Second for the LCP II much easier to carry anywhere. Fairly accurate for such a tiny gun.

>generally positive feedback from both groups
fanboys told they're great? Get an LC9s if you need a cheap single stack.

Yea i carry my lc9s over my mak. But i guess it depends on whether or not youll shoot it at the range, mak is heavier but very close to being just as concealable as lc9s, and also shoots much better. Lc9s isnt nearly as fun to shoot and holds one less round

I have a dozen different 9x18 pistols. I think they're interesting and fun to play with. That said, there are (IMHO) better guns for actual carry. I'm talking about weight, power, sights, finish (sweat) and capacity.

Both guns are fairly accurate for their size given the fixed barrel. PMs are pretty consistent in quality which is very good. PPKs can be better but many are not. I feel the French made and USA made PPKs are kinda junky. The German guns command a premium and are more collectible

That said, between PPK and PM...for actual carry and anti-personnel use...PM, hands down.

I'm not talking about the P64, PA63, CZ82 or P83 Wanad. Those are great guns in their own right but the PM is the most robust.

Why the PM?

1. PM has 26 parts as opposed to 46 for the PPK. Less things to lose or malfunction.
2. The PM is better for pistol whipping.
3. The PM can open bottle caps more easily.
4. The safety on the PM swipes down for fire. This is more natural for me.
5. The chrome lined bore is a plus.
6. Parts are cheap.
7. The guns are cheap.
8. It was the first firearm to leave earth.
9. Some PMs can be had in 380 as well as 9x18. There are even 32NAA conversion barrels floating around.
10. Some PMs have adjustable sights.
11. The ammo is cheap.
12. I cast and reload for 9x18. I make my own brass out of 9x19 brass.
13. You can shoot 380 out of a 9x18 barrel in a pinch.
14. It is a Soviet designed firearm in service for nearly 70 years.
15. There are a lot of features, the extractor for example that are specifically designed to be robust. The gun was designed to digest filthy, corroded and sub-standard Soviet ammo found in a Pripyat bathroom wastebasket.
16. Slide release.
17. Literally 2 oz difference so moot there.
18. An actual PPK in 380 has a capacity of 6+1 as opposed to 8+1 for the PM.
19. The PM was designed for hard military primers and can digest hot subgun rated ammo.
20. It's designed to be taken apart and repaired by 3rd world peasants.

Attached: nikolay-makarov_2-t.jpg (220x312, 31K)

Swedish military, maybe.

>t. retard

Tell me, user, where did the PPK touch you?