Magazine grip thingies

Are these worth purchasing? I want to put one on my .300 memeout pistol but I'm wondering if there's even a purpose - how comparable are they to foreskins (which I can't put on my pistol)? I never see them on here.

Attached: grip.jpg (1500x1125, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/um8SswgKRPc?t=75
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

No

>how comparable are they to foreskins (which I can't put on my pistol)?
I put my foreskin on my pistol all the time.

Also, magazine grip is for the mentally retarded.

>i GrIP mY GuN spECiaL aNd DiFferEntLY GuisE!

Whatever floats your boat faggot

Why not though? Are the stability benefits negligible compared to just gripping the mag well or handguard?

also, lern 2 c-grip

It's just a completely awkward grip that gives you no real control or ability to drive the weapon onto targets. C-grip (maybe with an AFG if your rail isn't comfy) or Chad VFG is the way to go.

Imagine holding onto a stick in two places around the middle, or closer to the ends, while someone slapped the front end of it repeatedly. Mechanical leverage is working less against you with your off-hand gripping more closely to the muzzle than to the mag well.

Thanks lads. Removed the POS from my cart immediately. Gonna go with AFG now

I have it on my 16" 9mm AR cause it helps funnel the stick mags in. They're pretty lame on anything else though. AFGs are okay but I prefer handstops.

He did say he was sticking it on an AR pistol, which to me is the only time gripping by the magwell makes sense. Yeah, it's dumb, but AR pistols are dumb in general.

>.300 blk
yeah you're the exact demographic for this kind of grip. buy a few of them.

Aww, come on man. I know it's a meme round but I can't pull off the aesthetic of pic related with 5.56 and have a usable gun.

Attached: 35196242552_1fc242c1cf_b.jpg (1024x613, 175K)

So why didn't you get one in a more practical caliber like in that pic? It's kind of a moot point unless you're actually planning to SBR it, though. A long gun without a stock is just a toy.

I still wanted to be able to take whitetail (at under 200 yards), maybe something bigger. 10.5" barrel so not exactly like the one in the pic. Also for EZ supression if I decide to get cuck stamp and all that

I have one on the AR i havnt finished.
Can't really comment on how it feels shooting since I haven't shot with it yet.

Honestly buying it was like 90% aesthetic for me, but I think a lot of Jow Forums hates how they look.

If you get one, have a Dremel or some kind of rotary tool handy, or at least sandpaper. It fit on my reciever fine, but there was some extra material from the mold not cut off at the factory. Made my mag not drop to the ground when released, it would catch it.
From some reviews I saw, some people had extra material in places where it wouldn't even fit on their gun until they dremeled or sanded material off

It's called a Magwell grip by the way OP. Or MWG.

Attached: 20180528_130451.jpg (4032x3024, 2.41M)

It's seriously took like 2 minutes to fix, but seemed like the factory could have had better quality control.
But then I also wonder if the one I bought is a knockoff from China. It shipped from the US on eBay but never know

This thread... holy shit

The c-grip is a meme sheepdogs push on virgin operators so they can tell who knows what they are doing. Plenty of actual soldiers mag well grip.

Attached: main-qimg-c83b730a4c8eff728da421a9d5c41392-c.jpg (600x800, 38K)

People who say gripping by the mag well is wrong have never tried shouldering their rifle when their left arm is completely exhausted.

Attached: 59d3cf18351ccf83028b780e-750-503.jpg (750x503, 61K)

Attached: SAR80.jpg (1038x768, 334K)

Attached: 06f575416dece7b8e268587ef37f7b84.jpg (960x639, 193K)

Magwell gripping is only good for short periods and exacerbates fatigue. Use a fucking foregrip and stop being a snowflake. They're not even expensive.

wtf, you exactly have it backwards.
you grip mag well when your arm is tired are you noguns

Yeah I am sure this awkwardness is much easier to hold long term

>dumbass sheepdog

Attached: 4430097095_891c9c44e2_o.jpg (1024x689, 217K)

How is gripping the magwell "snowflake" it's starting to sound like you're the snowflake with how triggered you are about how people choose to hold their rifles

not him but it is. maybe not be a noguns?

>when your arm is tired you tuck it in and make it support more weight
Nice thread.

It might cause issues with Gen3 PMags.

are you retarded?

youtu.be/um8SswgKRPc?t=75

Not even the guy arguing up this thread, but saying “but army guys do it!” isn’t a great way to do things. You have to realize that-

A)Soldiers are not all turbo experienced turbo killers. I’ve seen a ton of soldiers do or try stupid shit and techniques.

B) Context is important. A soldier short striking an magwell gripping because he is being forced to wear full armor and an A2 stocked rifle doesn’t make it something you should copy; he’s making the best of a bad situation forced on him, you have a choice for better fitting gear.

IBAs and A2 stocks don’t mix well, especially for short dudes like pictured.

Dude here looks POG as fuck. Pretty much everything about what he is doing is wrong.

You don’t need to go full meme C-clamp, but the hand guards are where they are for a reason.

>the only grips you can use are Costa-style TOB and magwell gripping
>"Look guys da soldier man in dis pic show how u grip!1"

This thread is comprised of 13 year olds

Attached: 037102df-927d-4a5f-8416-4d337b67393a_zps9fd953c2.jpg (438x364, 115K)

Digging that retarded 1-point sling.

>This thread is comprised of 13 year olds
Actually no. Through drilling I have noticed exactly what the dude in video says.

Okay Gecko45

>You disagree with me, you can't possibly be right!

>getting this butthurt over some guy who wants to customize his firearm.

.300 BLK isn't less practical in SBRs than pistol ammo. It's basically automatic pistol ammo without the cartridge length constraint. You get a powerful, economical round with less recoil, better ballistics, better terminal effect, better armor penetration, and high-capacity double-stack magazines that aren't excessively long.

So you might say, "Well, just use 5.56 then!" and there's a very good case to be made for that, but there are some things .300 BLK does better. Even aside from the obvious (subsonic suppressed), you might want a heavier bullet for any number of reasons, including barrier penetration and terminal effect. And because it's essentially pistol ammo, .300 BLK doesn't suffer from short barrels like 5.56 does.

.300 BLK is much more relevant for hunting than 5.56. 5.56 is a good varmint round, and arguably adequate for deer, but with the right ammunition, .300 BLK could be used for anything up to and including grizzly. You might be tempted to scoff at this, but it can clearly outperform .357 Magnum, pushing bullets at the same weight to a higher speed, and could perform similarly to .44 Magnum, and those are acknowledged bear-hunting cartridges.

All in all, .300 BLK is probably better suited to civilian use than 5.56, and definitely better suited to rifles than any pistol ammunition. Its design exploited a lot of existing equipment and infrastructure to make it far easier and more affordable to adopt than most new cartridges. I think it's going to keep gaining popularity.

AR pistols are like the one place they kinda make sense, IMO, but all you're really doing is a slightly more comfortable magwell grip, and gripping by the magwell is just kinda shit.

I'd sooner suggest an AFG or just MOE handguards.

Because you aren't fully supporting the gun by gripping it there, with a much more forward point of contact you support it much better, and can more easily control recoil.

It's the same thing, except the grip is less square.

Quit being a little soiboi, you can do whatever you want.

Attached: IMG_20180512_130429340-2214x3936.jpg (2214x3936, 1.68M)

>Because you aren't fully supporting the gun by gripping it there, with a much more forward point of contact you support it much better, and can more easily control recoil.
Did you sheepdog tell you this? Guns aren't droopy things that need support, they are rigid. I can fully 'support' my AR holding it one handed on the pistol grip.
I'll tell you what though, my arm is much weaker fully extended than it is pulled close to my body. As for recoil, if you are trying to control recoil you are spraying and praying. Your primary problem is that you are not taking the time to aim each shot at your target, not that your gun is moving after each shot.

R.I.P. Pupper

>Guns aren't droopy things that need support, they are rigid. I can fully 'support' my AR holding it one handed on the pistol grip.
Oh my fuck you actually think he thought guns were like wet spaghetti when he mentioned foreend support, you incorrigible retard

>if you are trying to control recoil you are spraying and praying

>double-taps aren't a thing
>mozambique drill isn't a thing
>suppressive fire isn't a thing
>you never have an opportunity or need to hit multiple targets quickly
Fuck right off with this nonsense.

Are americans so weak and such pansies that they can't just grip a normal magwell like the Canadians do?

Attached: c7a2-automatic-rifle-m.jpg (700x350, 74K)

Can you please post your AR, I desperately want to see what kind of setup someone who makes a post like yours has.

Attached: 20180405_142933.jpg (3264x1836, 1.96M)

Are Canadians so weak that they lack the upper body strength to properly stabilize the fore end of their rifle and need to hold it further back instead?

they should make guns with floppy barrels, it'd be fucking hilarious

he uses the Akimbo perk and the FMJ attachment

that foreguard/barrel shroud/whatever you wanna call it is fucking disgusting, it looks like it's made out of recycled tires by a desperate brazilian, wtf

I bought a rifle from a coworker that had one of those on it. Didn't like it, now it's in a box with a bunch of other unused accessories.

>that patch
>hardcore shooter

Lol no

>asshurt slavaboo

Look at his posture, he's using the optic for scanning, not preparing for a shot. Yes, grabbing the magwell is easier in that situation, but the further out you can grip the barrel, the more control you'll have, the tradeoff is your arm will get tired faster.

Yes, we are aware that grunts are prone to do not very smart things.

>Guns aren't droopy things that need support, they are rigid.
That is, of course, exactly what meant, you six piece McChicken nobody.

A good forward point of contact not only ensures a more steady aim, as the weight and balance of your gun is more evenly distributed, this also helps with controlling your gun, especially for rapid fire or full-auto bursts (if applicable).
Nobody is saying Costa grips are mandatory, but handguards and VFGs exist for very real reasons.

Think about pistols, why they are inherently more difficult to shoot than rifles. All the same principles apply.

>As for recoil, if you are trying to control recoil you are spraying and praying
Full Dunning Kruger going on in this post.

>beautiful Colt Canada rifle
>wasted on a magwell gripping LEAF