Dreams

I’ve had a lot of dreams where I’m put in dire situations where I have to use a gun, but I’m either too weak or frozen to where i can’t pull the trigger and fire the gun.
I don’t i’ve had one dream where i’m able to fire the gun.
Wondering if anyone here has had the same experience.

Attached: 2BB631FE-E5A7-41D8-9D29-A33235A35768.jpg (325x331, 13K)

I had those types of dreams when I was a teenager. It went away after a while (ie. when I became hasguns), and now I don't dream of anything anymore....

Attached: mateba-2006m-cylinder-open.jpg (1000x667, 201K)

I am hasguns though and i’m an adult. Dunno why but i’ve haf fucked up dreams where something is after me and i have to use a gun, but i can never pull the trigger. Like sometimes im trying really hard to pull it, but im too weak or something and other times my hand is just frozen. I haven’t had one dream where i can actually fire the gun. I dunno, i just thought it was weird.
I quit smoking marijuana a couple months ago, when i smoked i never had dreams, now im dreaming all kinds of weird shit.

I had a bizarre fever dream (i have the flu) last night where I was John Lennon, and I was being interviewed about my message of world peace and unity. I don't remember much, but I remember a montage of interviews by a ton of different reporters, each one calling me racist, a commie, a nazi, anti semitic, anti white, anti christianity, anti american, a homophobe, fascist, etc. During this montage I pulled a blackpowder dueling pistol and shot the reporter who was grilling me. After that, I was still Lennon, but I was in my garage and stressing out because I didn't know how to disassemble and clean the gun and I didn't want it to rust. So I frantically tried unscrewing shit and scrubbing the parts.

Weird ass dream.

I had a dream where I was a british soldier fighting Scottish insurgents and mel Gibson chopped my head off with his William Wallace sword. It was terrifying

Its very common and theres a reason for it.
Your brain purposely is trying to keep you asleep, so it is "editing the program your watching" to meet that goal.
Slowing down your punches or nulling your punches to have no affect is a clever way your brain does this to keep you asleep
Making a 200lb trigger on your gun or making you freeze keeps you from jolting thus keeping you asleep.

Try lucid dreaming if you want to fire guns and go rambo

>see a cool war / innawoods themed dream
>my IRL arsenal (kinda) makes appearance and makes me feel super confident

>all the sudden the guns start breaking part / are disassembled
>AK has a dozen pieces that don't even belong to the rifle, and I can't get them assembled
>bullets either don't seem to work, or can't get 'em into magazines.

>if the gun actually works and stays intact, it turns into a literal toy the moment I look elsewhere.
fuck my brain sideways

I've had dreams like that, except without guns. I'd get into a physical fight, and it felt like I was moving through water. No matter how hard I tried, there was no weight to my punches. The most Jow Forums related dream I had was I was either in a battle, or doing some army course, and I had to crawl through a pipe that was barely wide enough to fit a person, but 100 feet long. I was following one of my buddies who was 20 feet ahead, and just remember being absolutely terrified to go in, but doing it anyways.

I am a noguns, but I frequently have gun related dreams for some reason. The most recent was i was at home and some people kicked in my door so i shot em. >sweetdreams.jpg

I have those dreams too every once in a while. Sometimes I am too weak to pull the trigger and sometimes I can fire the gun multiple times at point blank range but it's as if the bullets are made of foam and have no effect.

Yeah, i’ve had lots of dreams like that also. Really, thinking about most the time the only physical thing i can do in dreams is run

Anyone here an alcoholic who’s went through withdrawals? The fucking night terrors you get. Where you dreams feel so real and they’re really loud and wake you up every couple of minutes but you fall right back alsleep and it just keeps continuing where it left off and just keeps going until you can’t take anymore and you stay awake for days because you’re too afraid to sleep?

Also when i went through withdrawls just closing my eyes i would see a slideshow type deal of just horrific things. Disfigured faces etc. and it would keep flashing to different things. Mind you i wasn’t even asleep i just had my eyes closed. If i laid in the dark with eyea open i could still see it.
Alcohol withdrawls are fucking terrifying.

I never have a broken trigger or anything like that, it’s always that I’m suddenly out of ammo. Like even if I have a chest rig on or there was a magazine in the gun it’s suddenly empty and I have no way of getting more. Shits awful.

>if the gun actually works and stays intact, it turns into a literal toy the moment I look elsewhere.
Oh and this happens, the gun just turns into airsoft in my hands, although that happens a lot less now that I am hasguns.

Never had something that bad. In college I had a dream that my roommate was trying to choke me to death in my sleep, and I couldn’t move at all to stop him. It was so fucking realistic it was awful.

>Wondering if anyone here has had the same experience.

I've had dreams where I've shot people, it's not that exciting.

Is there a name for this? The whole "I can't fucking move fast enough" thing you get on dreams

You're experiencing an anxiety-type dream in the first place and your brain can't move your actual limbs because you're paralyzed in the real world. It's pretty normal and nothing to worry about, but you could do with trying to de-stress if possible.

No, but it's a purposeful function of your brain, as others have noted. Your body is attempting to throw punches or pull triggers or kick your legs about to run, but during REM sleep you are paralyzed to keep you from doing that, so when you attempt to do those things and fail your brain says "your body isn't working."

This is potentially what causes sleep paralysis, where you are awake but the brain functions that shut your body down during REM sleep haven't caught up yet.

Is it because you use a heavy pull double action at the range normally? The one time I remember using a gun in a dream it was a striker and I shot the thing 3 times.

I've had those kinds of dreams, OP. I've also had dreams where I've magdumped and done zero damage. Those are the worst.

I had a fever dream once where I was Paul McCartney but I was playing the drums.

Maybe I'm getting old but I can't remember any of my dreams anymore but they're usually stupid or about needing to pee. I used to have deja vu and all kinds of shit in my head. One bad one was watching everyone melting in nuclear fire and waking up when I caught on fire. Now I just dream I'm pissing for a good hour in random places until I wake up at 3am and pee.

Attached: casual range wear.png (943x669, 286K)

Why don't I dream? I recall having only 4 dreams EVER, whereas my girlfriend dreams every night. Is it a brain chemistry thing?

As others mentioned it's a really common anxiety induced dream, but no one has gone into the interpretive side of things. You are probably a facing a situation in real life where you feel like you have limited control and that sense of powerlessness is being expressed in your dreams. It's a sign that you either need to relax or get your affairs in order to prepare for whatever situation is causing anxiety.

It's a common dream. People who prepare for and run through those situatuons in their head are more likely to have dreams where things go wrong.
I have those dreams sometimes too.
>trigger pull is extremely hard and near impossible
>pumping my shotgun or racking the slide on my pistol is extremely difficult
>once the gun does fire the bullet just barely "dives" out of the barrel like a shitty nerf gun and does nothing
>keep fumbling and can't reload my gun

>reporters grilling someone for being anti-white
Only in your dreams, user

Possibly. I know for a fact that being woken up during REM sleep will greatly increase your chances of remembering a dream, and women remember dreams more often than men in general.

I've solved this with range time.

Word. She says she's a lucid dreamer and flies or rides horses and shit. I'm mildly jealous, but for when she gets nightmares she can't sleep for about a week

I had this kind of dreams lately because of the death of my cousin. He was a junkie and I helped him overcome his heroin habit, sadly he died of blood/lungs cancer six month after...
>started seing him in my dreams every night
>talked to me on how I should not feels responsible oh his death etc...
>eventually shows up during a wet dream where I shagged an uni friend
>fuck it let me enjoy my fantasies without creepinf on me godammit !
>tells me he feels lonely in here
> I pull out a .38 and tell him to fuck off
>he smiles
>35lbs trigger
>BANG
>he throws up his own darkened bloody lungs and eat the .38 as if it was chocolate (gun is kinda rusty)
>realise I m actually fucking the girl on the steel table of the morgue
>pray him to stop haunting me
>he agrees
>I wake up
>never see him in my dreams again

Benzo+stillnox+vodka+mourning
Not even once

That's called a "Test Dream"

There is actually an episode of the The Sopranos that explains this phenomenon very well.

The basic premise is that you feel as though there is an event or phase in your life upcoming that you aren't sufficiently prepared for, and you need to rise to an occasion. It paralyzes you with fear, but you won't acknowledge it consciously. Anything like that looming on the horizon?

I used to have this but it is getting better.
Last night I had a dream that mountain lions were getting into my home somehow and I had to protect family members.
I was able to leave one of them with my carry revolver, go get my box of buffalo bore 45 +p outdoorsman and load it in a different gun I also actually own. I was then able to shoot the mountain lion when it came out and attacked. The gun worked and the lion reacted to the shot and stopped attacking.
Then shit got weird and the mountain lion turned into a headless person in a tuxedo doing a jazz hands dance but I was pretty happy with the result overall.

If to train to a high level of competence you don’t have those anymore.
It’s a confidence thing.

I carry a 686 with .357 or SR1911 and when i don't go shooting for a while i get the same dream with them
>On a dark street somewhere (brain tells me Cali)
>Guy with a gray hoodie and blue jeans is running at me
>686 or SR1911 already out, aimed at him
>686 30lbs trigger goes bang SR1911 fires but stovepipes
>Cant tell if i hit, too far to tell
>He's still coming
>Street light glints something shiny in his hand
>686 still has a heavy trigger or I clear the stovepipe just so that it happens again
>Bang, i know i hit him cant see blood and he doesn't slow down
>Try to make space between us legs turn to jelly
>Repeat heavy trigger / stovepipe and clear
>Hes on me trying to for me down to the ground, I see the glint off his hand again
>Put the gun right on his head (Bang)
>No blood no hole no stopping him
>I see the glint one last time
>Wake up in a sweat

Why a dark street, why Cali, why a hoodie, why knife

>the only physical thing i can do in dreams is run

I have reoccurring dreams where I can't run no matter how hard I try.

I have the same problem. either cant pull the trigger, like the guns froze up.
or i can never find the right ammo.
one way or another, it's like i can never, ever use a gun in my dreams.
seems wierd

is this just some total bullshit you just made up?
because that's what it sounds like

I had similar dreams during the months leading up to a deployment. I’d find myself in a gunfight and my weapon wouldn’t fire no matter what I did. It’s been a few years now and I haven’t had those dreams since.

Every time you have one of these dreams you are mentally programming yourself to freeze when that moment comes. Enjoy dying like a basedboy but with a gun in your impotent hand.

As a power dreamer im inclined to think he's full of it. Multiple ones every fucking night. Usually dreams like slowmo punching or bullets that don't do anything are caused by fixating on those things in your daily life in combination with a subconscious fear that you aren't prepared to actually handle them. But that's just my experience and what I've heard.

These. If you get enough range time, always mentally aware you have it, and are confident in your weapon and abilities then you will not have these dreams. Drawing your gun and blasting will be second nature.
Buy HK or glock, practice with it, you'll be fine.

It's because god doesn't want us to use guns.

and our subconscious know this

our subconscious doesn't want us to use guns

our subconscious doesn't want to cause injury
or harm to others

this is the great awakening

Attached: 1522580810361.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

if we had access to magical anime princess girls like we were supposed to, none of this would be happening

Attached: mami-tomoe.jpg (800x600, 98K)

I have life/death nightmares that spring me straight out of bed just find be panicked that I cant see whoever I thought was attacking me a second ago.

>god doesn't want us to use guns
Of course. You know what they say: God made men, Samuel Colt made them equal, and John Browning made them civilized.

God doesn't want you fucks to be civilized, pick up a fucking sword.

i think you're not quite getting the message user

what i hate is when i'm having an awesome dream about being with a beautiful, hot, perfect girl, things are about to get hot and wet,... then,... poof
i get woken up by something

Now imagine its someone with a weapon trying to kill you and you suddenly cant see them because it was a nightmare you woke up from, but you spend what seems like several seconds scanning the dark room looking for them.

i guess i have had those kind as well. wake up heart pounding in cold sweat

Had one last night, I'm always tired as fuck the next day (today.)

Nightmare (not a dream) was some guy kicked down my bedroom door with a rifle in his had and I rolled out of bed and shot him 9 times before he hit the ground (I count every time I pull the trigger.) I dont have the slow motion/weakness dreams the other guys mentioned.

I keep having this insane dream that I've built the world's first Nagant fitz.

I can't stop thinking about this dumb thing.

Attached: fitzgant.jpg (1152x864, 195K)

I think I get the gist of it.

Attached: Deus Vult.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Attached: chopchop.jpg (909x909, 134K)

I have occasional gunfight dreams but the bullets always move so slowly you can see them in flight. Its like bullet time in the matrix. Why would I dream it that way every time?

Never shot a gun because canadian.
Just this morning I had a lucid dream of shooting an ak-74. Best part was that there was no recoil and what ive felt was like if someone was literally tapping on my sunglasses. The gun did feel heavy though.

Had a pretty vivid dream once that I had superpowers; so naturally the first thing I did was superjump into my in-law's bedroom so I could fuck my wife's mother. Dream was about to get awesome but my wife woke me up because she wanted actual sex.

Here's the twist: told her I was too tired to do the deed so that I could go back to sleep and fuck her mom.

Lucid dreaming comes with its own set of challenges.

Dreams like that a sign of alcohol withdrawal?

Man..... i gotta cut back.

Yeah but my dreams are fistfights and no matter how hard a punch the other guy never feels it. If I had a dream like your's I would probably be able to fire my gun but the bullets would do nothing.

Same here.

In my dreams I can never get the gun to work, when I try to punch people nothing happens, and the brakes in my car never work.

I've woken up in a panic from those 3 situations literally 100+ times.

Fun story
>be spooning gf
>hand on boob
>have nightmare where i am in a fist fight
>wake up to GF screaming
>nightmare made me grab her tit as hard as I could
>she has black and blue tit i squeezed so hard
>she is so fucking pissed at me she wont talk to me for days
Feels bad man

>I don’t i’ve had one dream where i’m able to fire the gun.
>Wondering if anyone here has had the same experience.
I've had multiple dreams where I had absolutely no problem firing on someone, it's always been that the gun fails to fire or it does fire but has no effect.

I've had dreams where my gun blows up in my hand, but nothing like that

I used to have similar dreams when I was younger. At the time, I carried a Kel-tec 380 with terrible trigger travel. I'd have dreams that i'd be in a situation where I had to defend myself and I'd pull out said gun. I'd pre-load the trigger by half pulling it like a revolver, but when I'd pull it all the way it'd simply not fire.

Had a dream the other night that I was shooting at monsters trying to kill my family. I could shoot, but the trigger was sluggish and had trouble resetting and the sights were off.

I've had a lot of dreams where I can fly, but it's only a lazy sort of floating. I often know that I'm dreaming and try to fly normally, but all I can so is float.

I have nightmares where tweakers and nignogs would break into our apartment and try to attack/kill my wife and I.

Most of them are fuzzy but the most recent one was on Sunday. I dreamt a string out looking white dude broke in and was in my hallway. So I turned on the light, racked the 12 gauge and told him to fuck off.

He charged and I fired, sending his body down the stairs and knocking over a couple of his buddies.

So I found out they were there and just started pumping rounds down the hallway/stairway.

Then suddenly we were in the street and I was shooting more tweakers.

Fuck living in the ghetto, dudes.

I have similar dreams but the gun wont fire. I pull the trigger and nothing happens. The hammer won't even drop. It's like the safety is stuck on. Then then badguy attacks me and it becomes hand to hand combat but I can't punch. That is usually when I wake up.