Who else enjoys leaving brass at the range for others to find and enjoy?

Who else enjoys leaving brass at the range for others to find and enjoy?

youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3599719043&feature=iv&src_vid=W5abFpf3imM&v=hk0wGmVvI2Y#t=5s

Attached: brass.png (868x990, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQNDgjcgofY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q0E4GtSa4
youtube.com/watch?v=AkKJfvMyuDg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I shoot Golden Bear 5.56 (brass-plated steel case) and don't tell range vultures when they start collecting it.

Attached: 1495382730918.png (403x672, 376K)

cruel

What's the implication here

That they're picking up steel cases that look like brass, only later to find when attempting to reload or sell it that they're dumb. Was that really that hard?

What's wrong with steel case? Corrosive? Abrasive?

Steel cant be melted down or reformed/reclaimed like brass can, its cheaper to just scrap steel casings rather than try and do anything with them because steel is so cheap and the process is not.

>Steel cant be melted down

fuck off retarded 9/11 truther

You can reload steel its just mostly berdan primed

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQNDgjcgofY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q0E4GtSa4
youtube.com/watch?v=AkKJfvMyuDg

what this guy said and also it is really not recommended reloading steel cases as usually have berdan primers (very difficult to change and usually not worth the effort) and is an harder material so you'll need more effort and strain on reloading equipment, and gotta see if the final products is ok.

Basically speaking brass washed steel steel is shit disguised as chocolate for brass rats and reloaders.

It can be, but not easily without a forge for it, like I said, must cheaper to just but new steel than the energy cost to melt down or reform used steel.

*much cheaper to buy new

At what point does reloading become economically sound when it comes to 9mm (mostly for target fuddery and plinkan')? 100 rounds a month? 200?

Attached: better than truglo.jpg (300x339, 25K)

Lol, probably 1000 a month.

Do fudds even reload? Reloadings pretty hard to start doing so if anything its an anti-fudd test. I didnt start reloading until after my 4th gun. And it was just a shotshell loader. Arent reloaders the opposite of fudds? Only like 10% of shooters even reload

Around where I am 9mm is .2398 cpr (11.99 for 50) So as soon as you can reload cheaper than that

Never, because you are losing time. Reloading is for rare or expensive cartridges ($1 per shot or more), or for match/precision shooting.

>muh time is valuable
>spends it posting on a Moroccan ostrich racing site
There's one in every reloading thread, someone get the wrangler

I'd rather spend my free time doing this then the monotony of reloading. I still reload, but who the fuck thinks it's fun. So yeah, my time is more valuable then reloading fucking training ammo.

>who the fuck thinks it's fun
Myself and plenty others. Just powdercoated a bunch of 125g RN last night and loaded them for around 5cpr, super satisfying and fun.

I saw the Bavarian police shoot a dog ATF style on Saturday, and then for an hour afterwards someone was combing the street for casings. They would probably claim it is for "evidence" or some other bullshit, but we all know that they didn't want to let any vultures have their precious brass.

There used to be this indoor shooting range I hated because the then-owner was an asshole, so the last time I went I jacked off multiple times and came on pieces of brass, put them in a bag, and then dumped that shit as I was leaving. I knew he'd pick that shit up, and it had my cum all over it. For the rifle brass I took a shit on a paper plate and scooped poop into the brass casing so whoever reloaded it would have to clean out a pile of shit. Then left all that fucking shit on the floor and never went back to the place.

>tfw you leave 22lr brass all over the range and never pick them up

Feels good man

As a gay-ass urbanite who rarely gets to use his hands for anything actually purposeful, I enjoy even little things like polishing muh shoes while listening to chill music and nursing a pint of grog.

I do this too.

Tough on reloading dies, and given how cheap steelcase ammo is, it's not worth the effort to recycle the casings unless it's like literally the only casings you can find.

You can do it, but it's like reloading rimfire casings, why would you?

This too.

I know that aparently cartels will pick up brass from firefirghts woth police and reload them with powder from fireworks and lead cast bullets, so I can understand police wanting to pick that shit up.

Broad question.
Usually the more money you spend on reloading equipment, the faster you go.

I do live in a country (not US) where the best price on 9mm i got is 12€/box because the laws do not allow for a big market due personal stock limits.
I do load my own 9mm hard cast bullets at 4€/box.
So for me is worth the effort, as I can make my ammo at home instead of driving to the LGS and buy ammo by the limits.

So for you maybe if the time you spend behind the reloading bench is worth the money you save on the cheapest ammo you can buy.

>hey BRO, you gonna keep that brass
No sir! i say, sweeping it forward of the firing line, or dumping it in the brass bucket
>cmon man

Match loads, or 9mm Bravo, that might be worth it, but for plinking you're wasting your time IMO

Reloading .45-70 and .357 is fun, reloading mountains of 9mm isn't very fun at all. I'd sooner reload .32ACP or .30 Longue

I really want it to be worth my time on top of being enjoyable.

>took wife to outdoor range
>rented private lane for her to shoot
>I spot tons of brass against the wall separating the lanes
>she's shooting lcp2 but hitting low left at 7yds
>I'm hardcore brass jewing
>notice she's hitting low left
>give some shit advice bc I'm barely paying attention
>continue brass jewing
>she shoots a little better but still off
>continue brass jewing

Why am I like this? I'm seriously concerned with all my brass jewing the if I had to shoot someone in defense I'd stop to pick up the brass halfway thru the firefight

Attached: IMG_1758.jpg (403x448, 69K)

Go shoot at a non-public range, and make the conscious effort to ignore picking up the brass until you are done.

The FBI would, back when they were still using revolvers, tell people to dump their spent casings in buckets, so they could reload it and save money.
Thing is that then people trained themselves to dump their brass in a bucket when reloading, and people would actually find themselves in firefights, stopping, and realizing they were instinctively looking around themselves for that brass bucket.
This happened, because that's how they trained, and nobody had thought of that.
After some less than desirable outcomes in firefights, this would then be eliminated from firearms training in the FBI, and they would put the focus on training for how you would fight.

So you really need to train yourself out of this behavior.

I do but my range just has everyone sweep the brass past the firing line. The range is the brass Jew where I go.

I've heard of this "muscle memory" kicking in at bad times. Heard about some officers with revolvers that would neatly set brass in a line on a table after firing at the range. The story I heard involved in officer involved shooting where the officer did that with his brass during a firefight. While he was setting his brass neatly, bad guy shot him in the face

>be brass jew
>only shoot/reload unpopular to rare cartridges
>Literal bathtub filled with brass I will never use

Why am I like this?

It’s probablt not worth it. I just do it because I’m not 21, and I think it’s neat

Yeah, it is probably a good thing that Linkin Park kid pulled the plug.

Brass isn't regulated at all in germany, anyone could buy cheap once fired brass if they wanted to. There is no reason to spend your days looking for it in the streets.

>literal bathtub
Please be real and have a pic, this is interesting.

Have you ever done this user?

Attached: 1480761249461.png (436x416, 376K)

BACK TO Jow Forums

Attached: stay home kids.png (394x288, 234K)

>shooting PTR
>some fudd asks if he can have my brass
>tell him sure
>his face when he picks it up

Attached: SoL.jpg (640x360, 22K)

There is nothing Jow Forums about fucking with brassthieves.

If you're interested in saving brass yourself, git yourself a portbuffer.
But on the other hand, if you aren't, his expression is worth a thousand mangled casings.

No. But I will as soon as I get home

I heard a similar story, but the officer was simply pocketing the spent brass after he dumped it

I just leave it there because I don't reload and I don't give a shit.
If you're annoying me during my quiet stress-relieving range time just so that you can save a few bucks I'll make a fucking point of being overprotective of it and throwing it in the garbage just as I'm leaving though.

I have been reloading 9mm but between the cost of primer, powder and bullet these days the parts cost alone cost me more than new ammo. Fresh ammo is occasionally offered at a discount, the parts never are. Not where I live anyway.

hydeposting is peak Jow Forumsyp

Attached: 1508359372070.jpg (605x600, 396K)

as ridiculous as pic related looks I got one and use it shamelessly to piss off the brass jews.

forgot pic.

Attached: thisscares thebrassjew.jpg (1154x825, 359K)

Not the cartels. Poor as fuck people will do this, then sell the ammo to whoever will pay. Including to the cartels, of course. If working all day for enough money to buy two cans of tuna means you are going to be eating that day, then that makes sense.

Exactly this.

Spending hours and hours reloading to save $0.01 per round is retarded, yes I have more fun shitposting than wasting time reloading cheap ammo.

>target fuddery

Attached: You-keep-using-that-word.jpg (684x384, 36K)

It's a very mixed bag. There are certainly turbo-fudds in the reloading scene, usually guys that do either high volume shotshell loading for their trap and skeet addiction or low volume, extreme precision loading for benchrest competition or hunting. Plenty of dudes in both categories meet the "nobody needs an AR-15" or "ban whatever as long as muh manual action wood and steel is safe" definitions of fudd. Most reloaders I know are at least a bit fuddy in their demeanor and willingness to believe bullshit firearms lore, though plenty of them are extremely pro-2A. The former is really a result of the average age of reloaders which was to be over 50. It's a boomer hobby at this point.

Attached: All Quiet on the Western Front.png (500x775, 421K)