Owning firearms in japan, is it possible?

Owning firearms in japan, is it possible?

Attached: D881337F-90A9-4AB5-88B0-BCA1B50951E3.png (470x313, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fukuoka-now.com/en/fukuoka-gun-hunting-guide/
businessinsider.com/japan-aging-prison-2018-3).
youtu.be/4CjJmv_qrCA
archive.org/details/9g1KiqGjBhI
businessinsider.com/japan-aging-prison-2018-3
youtube.com/watch?v=JIYB3YJlNtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fun fact, newfag, you can Google this question and find out the answer.

Why don't you ask Google?

You have to register as hunter to get shotgun here I think

There are multiple layers of background checks, safety training and qualification tests and waiting periods to get anything

The better question is whether it's worth the effort or not.

So it makes the UK look like Texas?

the manga I'm currently reading says it is if you join a hunting club

Basically yes

You have to submit to various background checks that amount to more pages that the holy bible after it’s done

Long waiting periods

Inspections by police every year

Can only have a shotgun, rifles require a process that can only be done after you have everything done for the shotgun.

Pistols can be had but there are only a literal handful and most are by former police or Olympic shooters (which are almost always former or active police)

Only people who really have guns are police and criminals that seldom use them due to the fact illegal gun possession by itself is a life sentence

Basically it’s the way it should be

Basically as hard as getting a Class 3 license. Maybe a bit harder.

>Basically it’s the way it should be

Attached: 1526083450842.jpg (970x545, 96K)

fukuoka-now.com/en/fukuoka-gun-hunting-guide/

I guess if you have a lot of patients it could be worth it, I doubt the average Jow Forums sperg would pass the psychological examinations though.

fuck off takeshi

Attached: 1524985753983.gif (400x215, 965K)

Ian stop

Attached: 79431043.jpg (570x845, 73K)

Ian doesn't support gun control.

Only if you are a registered samurai

>must own a shotgun for 10 years before buying a rifle

SHALL

So laws are the same as in Russia, and there are 6 mil civilian guns in Russia, across the same population. Hmmm really makes you think.

Can’t you just buy an AK at your local flee market in russia?

It's probably the urbanization. Not many people living in Bumfuck, Nowhere prefecture.

Clearly it isn't.

Lmfao it makes getting an AR-15 in Australia look simple

like the liberals in vermont don't right

No, not really. 5 years wait time with a smoothbore to buy semiautomatic AK.
Same here, like half of Russia lives in Moscow.

FLEA market, you retard
PATIENCE, you retard
I swear the mean IQ on this board goes down a point every day.

You would literally spend less time and effort moving out of Japan to another country and buying a gun there then buying one in Japan.

Possible but pretty near impossible. For hunting purposes or defensive uses against animals, you very very very very rarely need them. There are boar in the southern mountains (my grandparents live up there, and I go once every few years). Instead of using guns, people set traps.

Japanese government is pretty efficient and doesn't waste money/full of corruption like other governments are, so it's never really been a concern for the Japanese people to ever have to overthrow their government. Plus, Japan unlike Europe isn't full of violence/importing violent people, so you don't really need a gun at all. Police response times are pretty great, and there are these mini police stations all over.

What about sporting purposes? Such as sporting clays and target shooting.

He owns multiple full-giggle firearms and bemoans how firearm development began grinding to a near halt after the Hughes Amendment was "passed".

Attached: 1519680889658.jpg (460x276, 20K)

Why does it matter? Look, summerfag, you’re never going to live in Japan, and even if you did you’d find out that it’s nothing like what you see in anime. In real Japan, you work in a shitty dismal office job doing soul-crushing busy work 14 hours a day five days a week until you either literally die at your desk from overwork or you retire to an existence so lonely that and empty that older people there have literally taken to intentionally getting thrown in prison because at least the guards are someone to talk to (businessinsider.com/japan-aging-prison-2018-3). Precisely the reason that Japan has a huge market for 2D fantasy worlds is that their 3D reality is a postmodern hell that they desperately want to escape from. I know you don’t want to hear that, but it’s the truth.

>need
Ok cuck

youtu.be/4CjJmv_qrCA

Hush, no need to torment the weebs. It's cruel.

Gotta have licenses, be part of a club, you and your family get interrogated by the police like if you'd were a terrorist, pay out the fucking ass for the gun itself. Even then you're still limited to a very small selection of shit you can have, like bolt action, side by side or over under, some pump shit too. Dec google it.

Japan is also substantially more collectivist than the West, which means there is not much demand for freedoms without practicality.

Calm down.

is there a way they can fix this? they're on the path to a cultural dead end here.

Japanese government

>efficient
>doesn't waste money
>no corruption
>not violent
>never needed to overthrow their government
>believing government propaganda

Now I understand why the gooks and chinks are pissed about jap history books, if it creates people this fucking stupid. You do know the japs deserved to get nuked twice right?

Attached: 1415914856507.jpg (417x600, 76K)

>2D fantasy worlds
people there also get vertigo more easily in 3D games

Ian's a piece of shit.

Attached: images.png (219x230, 5K)

Are you the same fucking spic from a few months ago, who posted this thread constantly?

Oh thank you, Mr. Anime Guy.
>wraps around dick

Attached: basic instinct.jpg (480x477, 37K)

Is it "I am a Hero"?

This. I like their media, and want to visit there, but enjoying anime and manga as an American is like enjoying the meat of an animal that you've hunted onto the endangered species list.

Pretty much yes.

Attached: 555cumonnow.jpg (600x375, 31K)

Good joke, user. They're corrupt as fuck.

In Japan you don't need weapons. You just take a bus or any large enough aerodynamic vehicle, make it airborn and fly it into your enemy.

Just like the Japanese justice system. Perfect in every way.

SHARE YOUR JAP YOUTUBE SHOOTING CHANNELS
i have two. One is a japanese deer hunter who cooks a bunch of stuff. the other guy i think is either a conservation officer or some guy in bumfuck japan just harvesting wild boar like every other day. he has an over under shotgun. In fact in any gun media ive noticed no japs have any SxS shotguns.

>Basically it's the way it should be

Attached: Cuckold.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

What people neglect to mention:
In Japan you legitimately don't need a gun because a) nobody has a gun anyway and b) there's almost no crime at all.

>there's no crime at all
t. smiling yakuza man

There's no crime anyways because there's no welfare chimps over there and anyone getting a check form the government is probably drawing my fap material.

Attached: fuck you nigga I got this ice cream.png (480x480, 282K)

fpbp

there really isn't.
of course, all that safety isn't worth the absolutely autistic amount of rules and regulations people have to go through to do anything.

>indebted business owner commits suicide in Japanese

there's enough crime to necessitate a police force, isn't there?

They're still fun to shoot even if there's no crime to fight.

No one i've spoken to was ever into it. Most Japanese are into swimming and soccer in terms of sports.

Sure

Yes

Compared to Americans? The Japanese government and Japanese system overall is way more efficient than the American system. Yeah the Japanese needed to be nuked, no doubt, but they bounced back and formed a immensely successful country.

what a brainlet post this is.
the crime levels in urban japan still aren't anywhere near the levels in a moderately sketchy city in the continental US. this is from personal experience from multiple trips to several cities for a couple months at a time. personally, i still prefer living in america because the japs take inane rules to an autistic high, so before you go accusing me of being a weeb, i'm not.

My family owned a self-storage facility in Wyoming when I was growing up. We used to have these closet sized climate controlled units that Dad installed gun safes in. Japanese tourists would fly into Jackson Hole, take hunters safety at the Game & Fish, purchase a conservation stamp and hunting license, and then take those down to the gun store to buy rifles. Of course, they wouldn't take them home; they'd leave them in the safes they'd rent from us, and fly in to shoot them at the gun club.

All that to say, I think there was a reason they spent what probably amounted to thousands of dollars to shoot a boom stick.

Attached: SmartSelect_20180530-214529_Chrome.jpg (1080x1385, 221K)

I feel sorry for those poor bastards, at least they have a country to themselves.

Here you go user:
archive.org/details/9g1KiqGjBhI
one of the AKB48 girls walks through the process of buying a gun in Japan.

Enjoy weeb.

I want to take a ski trip sometime. Ive been saving up and seriously considering jackson hole. i've never really been around snow (south georgia).

How is it? it looks really nice and less crowded than a lot of places and not ludicrously expensive like colorado. any suggestions on resorts?

qualify this

>businessinsider.com/japan-aging-prison-2018-3
>That article
Jesus, no wonder Isekai become so popular.

Fuckin' 10/10 man. That really caught me off guard.

Attached: 1524989213707.jpg (576x472, 52K)

Holy shit, dude, you'll love it. I no longer live there, but I couldn't recommend it enough. You actually have three resorts - Snow King in Jackson, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Teton Village (pictured), and Grand Targhee on the other side of Teton Pass.

For lodging, you have several options. Winter is actually less expensive than Summer for Jackson, which is great. The Virginian Lodge is basic lodging - motel style, but clean and inexpensive. It's your best option on a tight budget. If you can afford it, and want to stay in Jackson, I'd suggest looking at the cabins at Cowboy Village Resort; it's an unforgettable experience, especially if you bring a girlfriend.

As far as staying in Teton Village, that's going to be considerably more, and I'd check TripAdvisor; I have no experience there! I hope you have a great time. (Also, try to make it to the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone; it's the best in the Winter!)

Attached: jackson.jpg (600x400, 94K)

tfw cant go to japan because im not rich
life isnt fair

yes

>have tons of jap friends
>they all like shootin my guns
>jap friends from Japan visit
>first thing they want to do is shoot the guns
>give them my type 99 and tell them to yell Banzai!!!!

why bother doing it there when they can get the experience here.

>no discussion allowed!

comrade, there will be a last computer.
There's going to be parts laying around in a factory that hasn't seen a shipment truck in years and somebody is going to find pieces and put a computer together
he's going to take the parts somewhere and jury-rig an inverter and it's going to light up a little cracked screen
and he'll play with it for an hour or maybe a week
but even if it's a month, pretty soon he's going to give up
"this is fun, but i've got to find food"
and that will be the last computer manufactured before a 300 year dark age.

Parts are made around the world just to be assembled with special knowledge.
But the trends world-wide are on a track towards a future that can't make computers because
the shipments aren't going to be safe
money institutions aren't going to allow confidence for investment
and there won't be consistent electricity.

Yes. There was a TV segment with a Japanese idol going through the process getting a licence and a gun. I can't find it right now.

Attached: 10724201_767766619971556_680505114_n.jpg (640x640, 111K)

Wat. What do you mean? Like you can't afford a plane ticket? Or does your nationality have some sort of financial requirement for a visa?

Its been posted in the thread already

I know a guy in the Navy who managed to setup a bar in Fukuoka and now lives a life of leisure and minimal work hours.

If you are smart you don't have to make yourself a wageslave.

Attached: mana gets (You)s.jpg (1200x900, 159K)

>Japanese government
>doesn't
>full of corruption

Attached: Oh Hai Mark.jpg (200x200, 8K)

i thought those were her boobs at first kek

The first handloading video I ever watched was by some super calm dude handloading his own 270 for hunting durr in japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=JIYB3YJlNtc

the ticket isnt hard but everything else is expensive

>Japanese government is pretty efficient and doesn't waste money/full of corruption like other governments are

Attached: 1521836199664.gif (358x488, 2.18M)

You could sleep and shower at manga cafes. Eat only once or twice a day with food from the convenience stores. Sightseeing is mostly free. Anything is possible with willpower and planning.

Including being a gaijin bum in a xenophobic country. Sounds like a great time.

At least your namefagging was accurate. Kill yourself.

I managed to spend a week in Japan for $1000, including eating out a bunch and buying as much weebshit as I could fit in my suitcase. Visiting is doable as a poorfag. Or are you talking about living there permanently?

Attached: 1525487654531.jpg (650x751, 118K)

Every country is shit if you're unmotivated and carry negative vibes.
Japan is just a country like any other, it's got it's problems and it's positives.
It's the balance of these vs what is important to you that determines if one country or another is going to be worthwhile for living in.

It's widely known that japan has very high levels of corruption. Your MPs are in bed with the yakuza ffs. Extortion of large companies is unbelievably common.

This is somehow worse than shitskins and drug addicts killing people for pocket money?

>tfw no jap friends to hand out arisakas to and order banzai charges

Attached: 1486966983061.jpg (567x437, 35K)

It's possible, but the process of getting into guns in Japan makes Britain and Australia look like gun utopias in comparison.

Japan is literally the worst country for gun enthusiasts.

>If you are smart you don't have to make yourself a wageslave.
that's true literally everywhere

Airshit is popular in japan for a reason.

That wasn't the claim, was it?

China is probably worse, desu.