Best 10/22 mods

So I've got a breakdown 10/22 that I'm using as my hiking gun for defense against mountain lions, coyotes, and black bears.

What mods should I get for it?

If possible I'd like to make it quieter, more accurate, and more killy.

Attached: 82646.jpg (500x433, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz5FnTrxOsP
youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA
youtu.be/xEDo_PbAvJc
rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251031#/topics/251031
range365.com/subsonic-ammo#page-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that I'm using as my hiking gun for defense against mountain lions, coyotes, and black bears.

sage

Attached: 1522267346944.jpg (318x256, 24K)

Does break down action reduce accuracy or power? What sort of ammo do you use?

Best advice would be to use the hottest .22ammo if you plan to use it for self defense and not try to make it quiet.

I doubt you could takedown a bear with a .22lr.

You can make it more 'killy' by switching to .357 Mag

>22 against a bear

Attached: 1526195471097.jpg (297x297, 40K)

All animals mentioned above on average weight as much as the average human or less and will go down from 3 shots in most cases

There is a huge difference between a black bear and a grizzly. One gets taken down by a .357 magnum with ease while the other brushes it off as if it is nothing

okay, were not talking about .357 magnum you autist.

.22 can be used to defend against mt lions, and coyotes. Black bears you can yell at them and they shit themselves and run so .22 should do fine

This could have been an interesting thread if you had just left the animals out of it. Now everyone knows you are retarded.

>trigger
>lever mag release
>Butler creek 25rnd

Carbines id swap to a pc9 or a sub2k

Get a large caliber handgun for defense against large animals.

That being said, the usual gucci upgrades for a 10/22: Reflex sight, Bolt Release Mod, better charging handle, upgraded extractor, and a new trigger or at the very least new springs.

Are u a nyer? You cant take firearms on state land

That depends on the state, fucko. In NC, for example, CCW holders can take their guns into whatever state parks they please.

Well if a blackbear is gonna weigh as much as a person you either weigh 300lbs or are in ny with the 100lb giant black racoons

I have the same kind of gun, get a rail and put a scope on it. Be warned though, don't forget to lower the rear sight before you put the scope on. I kept trying to zero it in because it kept shooting too low. I max dialed the scope to go as high as possible and still aimed low. I was getting frustrated about ready to leave and when I was taking off my scope thinking about getting my money back I found the rear sights flipped up still putting pressure to have it go up. Fixed an all is good.

Fucking summer cancer
Buy a bull barrel 10/22 and use it to kill yourself

These ones

Attached: IMG_20180525_120838.jpg (3036x4048, 3.06M)

I'll just post a new thread tommorow

Aftermarket extractor is #1 reliability improvement.
After that I'd get the Ruger BX trigger - CDNN has a sale on them right now and an auto bolt release so you can release the bolt just by pulling it back.

The magpul backpacker stock as seen in makes the rifle much lighter and more compact.
Also, I've seen some videos where they set up the stock with survival gear by modifying the mag holders in the back and using the storage in the handle and behind the butt plate.

>defense against mountain lions, coyotes, and black bears.
You fucking kidding me? got a NAA revolver in .22 S to back it up with, too?
Be sure to drop by and shit that one up as well then.

Absolute bullshit.
ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz5FnTrxOsP

I'm 18, I dont want to illegally carry a pistol. And sometimes I hike near inhabited areas.

With subsonic ammo, .22 is also quiet enough to plink with anywhere.

It's easily transported and fairly inconspicuous.

With hot loads like aguila supermax you can get ~200 ftlbs of energy (compared to ~400 out of a 9mm), and with a 25 round banana magazine you can hit an animal a few times

This 10/22 is the right gun for me

Sounds like a good choice, OP. Don't listen to the retards in this thread, most of them never leave the basement. Good on you for getting outdoors and being interested in firearms.

>subsonic ammo is quiet
Not without a can. Noguns detected.
Also best mod for OP is a 28” barrel.

>What mods should I get for it?
Modify it so that it's a completely different gun in a much larger caliber of you want to defend against large predatory animals.

>thinking that human and mountain lion physiology is comparable
seriously?

.22 subsonic out of a long barrel is quiter then me clapping my hands

The limiting noise factor is that the bullet hitting stuff is loud

youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA

"We have found 37 successful stories where handguns have killed or acared off beats. We will not divulge how many unsuccessful stories we found, or any estimates of fatalities due to bear attacks."

Whatever a .22 can do to a bear, a .44 can do better.

youtu.be/xEDo_PbAvJc

I wouldnt want anything less that a 12 gauge against a brown bear tbhq, and I wouldnt consider going in Alaska without at least a .30-30, but critters in nevada are pretty tame.

Still, they are out there.

>dumb frogposter

>What mods should I get for it?
Magpul stock, Green Mountain fluted bull barrel, Ruger BX 3 lb trigger, Aimpoint Pro red dot, and Nodak Spud iroins.

Attached: IMG_0028.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

>.22 as defense against black bears

do you have like a firing line of dudes with .22s or...?

Take new pictures faggot.

Black bears in my area are only like 150 lbs

5-25 rounds of hot .22 would mess a bear up

Attached: IMG_20160916_194625219.jpg (4320x2432, 3.64M)

Eventually it might die, noise and pain might scare it off, but if its rushing you and trying to kill you, a 22 wont stop it from doing so

It can indeed affect accuracy. Some are good some not so good. Mine NIB shot about 5 MOA from a rest. Ruger refurbed (other issues) and now it's a 2 MOA gun. Which is probably better than average.

Maybe not, I'm not sure how hard black bear skulls are though. Some 22 loads can blow through deer skulls like nobodies business at 100 yards.

Also some shots in the shoulder blades and face would mess it up pretty bad

Body shots generally wouldnt do much though, yeah. I'm considering taking my shockwave in a backpack whenever I go into the more remote areas. I need to get a brace for it first though. Things impossible to aim otherwise.

Attached: IMG_2799.jpg (1500x1500, 1.09M)

10/22 takedown owner here.

If you plan on proper accuracy out of your takedown then you need to look into mounting the optics on the barrel or using the stock sights alone, provided your model has the ones that are on the barrel alone. I suppose I was unlucky and didn't get consistent lockup whenever I put it together. I shelled out some bucks for the magpul backpacker stock and the front pic block to mount my red dot to. It's now one of the most pleasurable things to shoot in my inventory. Put it together, shoot 5 rounds at 50m offhand at a 3inch target, all hits, repeat with the same results. Can do it tree assisted at 75m. It made all the difference.

To be fair, I’m guessing everyone in this thread hasn’t defended themselves from a bear, and about three quarters of them don’t own a firearm so it’s not like he’s going to get great advice either way

>came expecting sweet 10/22 builds and mods
>ruined by faggotry

Attached: 1517851340078.png (757x622, 464K)

>I'm using as my hiking gun for defense against mountain lions, coyotes, and black bears.

Attached: 1522493195937.jpg (600x1067, 53K)

>Want to put red dot on my 10/22
>Have astigmatism

It hurts

your retarded. i live in ny. i am litteraly doing the hunters safety course. you can hunt on TONS of state land even in long siland

chamfering the bolt is a pretty easy mod I did it to mine and now I can shoot any .22 ammo.

rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251031#/topics/251031

Attached: 588440211.jpg (309x265, 28K)

The next time I have mine apart I'm stoning my hammer

Attached: reducedhammer.jpg (464x403, 9K)

Mountain lions aren't any bigger or thicker-skinned than humans, nor is their body plan radically different. The biggest difference is how much smaller a target the brain is. Apart from that, .22 is going to do about the same thing.

>.22 should do fine
.22 gives you a fighting chance against mountain lions and black bears. It's not going to stop charges reliably. .22 can work, but you don't know what's going to happen with it. Sometimes you can shoot four or five times and the target just keeps coming.

If you're out hunting small game, you can use your .22 to defend yourself (you'll be safer with a magnum pistol sidearm). If you're carrying specifically for defense against dangerous animals, you should pick something serious like .308 or 12-gauge.

>Whatever a .22 can do to a bear, a .44 can do better.

This. Or get a Glock 21 in .460 Rowland with one of those Kriss mag extensions. Anything that survives 30 rounds of .460 Rowland deserves to kill you.

>breakdown implies the idea of packing it away
>pack it away
>mountain lions have very recently ambushed and killed unprepared faggots like you
>or fuck a breakdown
>carry a healthy dose of pistol in a holster for rapid action

Attached: 1364007118621.png (382x597, 237K)

Noice

Make a suppressor for it put of 5 hour energy bottles and gorilla glue and post it

Every animal on earth has been killed by 22lr including polar bears

iirc, the ruger in ops pic doesn't even retain the irons positions WRT to the receiver. Takedown is marketing wank in that case.

The takedown is meant to be storable and compact. Use the irons that are fixed to the barrel. If you want to fag it up with optics get the non takedown version.

extended mag and a scope

Thank you, user.

Thank you for providing good information amongst all the shitposting.

Do you not understand the problem if your sights aren't in a controlled position relative to the bore?

Key word here being hunt, not CARRY, idiot. Why are you hunting out of season, etc etc. Why are you carrying a 22lr for hunting when its illegal to hunt that game that is in season.

These are just some of the multitudes of questions that will go through peoples heads when they see you.

For the TD the Magpul backpacker stock is an absolute must. Ruger should sell it with that instead of the junk one it comes with

You know, you could've just asked Google and it would've given you ALL of the information and no shitposting.
>implying the shitposts weren't the most insightful posts to start with

Attached: 1380654865271.jpg (720x540, 88K)

Please realize Shooting a bear with a .22 is not a good idea!!!!

How are they not in a controlled position relative to the bore...? They’re literally attached to the barrel.

Think about it.

someones never heard of aguila quiets.

This. I had one of those CZ 455s with the 24" barrel and it was like shooting an air gun with the CCI Quiets.

With irons no because the sights are barrel mounted.

Some aftermarket barrels have a cantilever mount for your optic, and there are various rear sight dovetail replacements if you wanna run a red dot.

For receiver mounted sights or optics then yes, although unless you take it apart literally CONSTANTLY it's rarely by enough to effect practical accuracy.

This is bait right? A 22 against bears and mountain lions? O user

No it is not, get the fuck out noguns, why the fuck do retards think subsonic = quiet.

Subsonic exists
A)For use with silencers
B)Accuracy in target sports as it does not have to go in and out of sound barrier and there is no supersonic crack

But its not quiet and I really really wish no guns would fuck off and die

You stupid little prick, 22 @ 100 yards on deer is literally pointless savagery and I fucking hate you

Mountain lions are solid muscle and you and your stupid 22 will nail instead of kill and quite possibly provoke a fight response that leaves you shredded. And I'm cheering for the lion. This thread is nogunz central

I shot 22 cb and it was very quiet, smooth brain

I use my grandpapy's .308 when hunting deer. Never hunted a mammal with .22 before. But my father killed deer all the time as a poor Oregon kid.

what the fuck? not even close

range365.com/subsonic-ammo#page-2

Attached: 1481146237117.png (1435x1636, 1.4M)

I acare off beats all day every day. Aick beats.

Why doesn't Remington make their factory guns like this?

I'd add to all this.

Get a suppressor for it and a nylon rubber bolt stop pin. These with subsonic ammo make it the quietest gun. The bullets hitting paper 25y awayare quieter than the gun.

A red dot works best on these things IMO. Any scope is overkill

>Reads article
no 327?

>22 that I'm using as my hiking gun for defense against mountain lions, coyotes,
yep
>black bears
Nope

Good news, bear attacks are meme

My fellow African American

Attached: 20180512_001952.jpg (3264x2448, 2.59M)

>The bullets hitting paper 25y awayare quieter than the gun.

no shit

Confirmed for having never shot .22 subsonics.

You’ll have a ftf before 30 rounds for sure.

To put into perspective, unsuppressed 22 subsonic from 16" barrel is about 140 dB, same as 223 supers suppressed.

What's so good about the magpul stock?

I think you’re either using the wrong term or severely confused.

The irons are fixed to the barre, the bore is the inside of the barrel. So maybe you should think about it.

Integral suppressor front end assembly
Red dot
Volquartsen action parts

need a lever gun in 357 or 44. or a keltecl sub2k in 9mm