Is it wrong to like a gun because it looks cool?

is it wrong to like a gun because it looks cool?

Attached: 1056933992.jpg (1000x541, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch#DDR
dw.com/en/heckler-koch-g36-the-rifle-held-in-all-the-wrong-places/a-18402772
dw.com/en/heckler-and-koch-vindicated-in-g36-accuracy-row-but-lobbying-concerns-linger/a-18781312
dw.com/en/angela-merkels-party-accused-of-taking-bribes-from-german-gunmaker-hk/a-43900844
dw.com/en/germany-military-loses-legal-battle-with-heckler-koch/a-19522739
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Absolutely not

No.

A E S T H E T I C I S E V E R Y T H I N G

Yes

Attached: 1437140293655.jpg (706x540, 73K)

If you pick one gun over a roughly equal equivalent because you like how it looks, then no. If you like a shit gun because it looks cool, then yes.

That's half the reason I own a lot of my guns. Just cause I like the way they look

Form > function
Prove me wrong

If it’s not a German army issue one than no. Reminder the Germans only had issues with theirs because they had HK cut costs on production.

Image not related.

>is it wrong to like a gun because it looks cool?
you're a manchild.

my glock 40

No

Attached: download.jpg (474x265, 19K)

No. It's wrong to pick a weapon *to use* based on how it looks. It also drives up the prices on certain models. If you want to stick a cranberry derringer .410 in your range bag whatever, but not as a primary ccw.

Mr. Fancy Pants with his pretty Israeli gun.

Attached: SIG 510.jpg (650x272, 14K)

Pretty much the only reason anyone likes the MG 34 and 42

Yes if it's complete dogshit like gun in pic

whats wrong with the gun in OP?

you can fuck with the internals until you SOMEHOW find a way to make it work right....

follow your dreams
>or buy a stock that makes it look similar like the many 10/22 stocks and printers out there

Plastic, 5.56, sometimes catches on fire after a few hundred rounds, etc.

gimme a full rundown, my autism demands it

Also plastic can catch on fire and burn just like wood, I think it requires higher temperatures and produces some really nasty smoke that is toxic

memes

Not in the slightest. Just dont catch the feels for something you know you'll never have. Its a cruel fate

You really don't know what you are talking about. Stop spreading memes.

The reason most people buy what they buy is because of looking cool

Aesthetics matter, especially with revolvers.

That's why Smith & Wesson is still king.

It's fine, as long as you acknowledge the gun for what it is.
For instance, the Franchi SPAS-12 is by all modern standards, below average, BUT, it's also one of the coolest shotguns ever made.

Attached: Franchi SPAS12.jpg (1200x349, 30K)

>Reminder the Germans only had issues with theirs because they had HK cut costs on production.
Even that has been disputed.

Like? No.
Want to operate with? Yes.

remember those pictures of east german special forces with H&K rifles? some idiot lately made up some shit about them being supplied with them after the unification, the truth is that heckler und koch sold those rifles to the commie germs via strawmen in austria in 1983. that shit led to a public scandal in germany in 1991, when the files became public.

i don't think there's any weapon producer in the civilized world that's more corrupt than H&K

No, but the G36 is hideous

Nothing, really.
It's kind of cheap-ish, the integrated optics are garbage, and the magazines are honestly worse than AR mags, but beyond that, it does what a 5.56mm rifle needs to actually do.

It's kind of mediocre, if anything, but that also doesn't mean it's bad.

Oh gee, the rifle gets really hot if you put it through a lot of sustained fire as if you were using it like a squad automatic weapon, what a surprise.
Most rifles don't tolerate that to some degree or other.

It's really a whole lot of bullshit and halftruths.

>gun doesn't handle a lot of sustained fire well, but you aren't supposed to be using an infantry rifle like a machinegun, so that's fucking irrelevant
>the trunnion is embedded into the plastic of the receiver, and if you actually were to shoot the gun a fuckload so it gets really hot, the plastic could warp and the barrel could shift subtly, which affects accuracy permanently, but again, when the fuck are you ever in a situation where you'll blaze through like 300 rounds almost nonstop full-auto
>the integrated optics fog really easily, this was a complaint even early on
>the plastic magazines are fatter than NATO mags and actually heavier

The melting/warping issues are real things, but only if you attach a really big and stupid IF onto it. Otherwise it's kind of just a very middling rifle with some quirks.

tl;dr
>be Ursula von der Leyen
>doesn't know shit about war
>hate Thomas de Maizière
>make up bullshit scandal about G36 to shame him
>get the Bundeswehr top brass involved
>blame the ammo
>ammo manufacturer calls bs and proves it
>blame H&K
>H&K calls bs and proves it
>blame desert conditions
>field personnel stationed in Afghanistan call bs and prove it
>abandon the bullshit scandal and use it as an excuse to upgrade to HK416

Attached: Von_der_Leyen_2010.jpg (519x599, 42K)

>remember those pictures of east german special forces with H&K rifles?
No I don't, actually, you should give us a link on that.

Attached: 1527484114150.jpg (604x434, 267K)

Give fucking context, I mean.

>de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch#DDR

nigger

Do I look like I read Hitlerian?

>two guns roughly equivalent
>choosing the one you think is uglier

Shiggy diggy

I can't read, apologies

dw.com/en/heckler-koch-g36-the-rifle-held-in-all-the-wrong-places/a-18402772
>All it takes is two magazines (60 rounds of ammunition) to heat up the barrel to an extent that "serious accuracy degradation" occurs, the researchers found. At this point, the accuracy degradation can be as severe as 50 centimeters at a range of 200 meters, and a full 6 meters at a range of 500 meters.
It seems to be you who is twisting the truth wehraboo. the Complaints about the g36 is that it is no longer accurate past 200 meters due to melting it's cradle after 2 magazines worth of ammunition not your 300 rounds full auto bullshit

the claim that it is political does not bare maerit due to the fact that der leyen was brought this information she did not order it brought to her attention this is incontrovertible fact your conspiracy theories hold no water little nazi

sorry not sorry your garbage nazi engineering got shown out again lol.

Attached: jrLBhkf.jpg (1500x1125, 392K)

>>All it takes is two magazines (60 rounds of ammunition) to heat up the barrel to an extent that "serious accuracy degradation" occurs, the researchers found. At this point, the accuracy degradation can be as severe as 50 centimeters at a range of 200 meters, and a full 6 meters at a range of 500 meters.
Wasn't this what H&K, as well as multiple individuals with access to G36 rifles, couldn't actually replicate?

>wehraboo
Aren't you a fucking intellectual.

>sorry not sorry your garbage nazi engineering got shown out again lol.
I at no point said it was an especially great rifle, I in fact outright call it mediocre.
The M16, AUG and SCAR are all far better rifles than the G36

>Wasn't this what H&K, as well as multiple individuals with access to G36 rifles, couldn't actually replicate?
it was replicated three times twice by the govornment and once by a private contracted group. Just because some fag with a blog took a g36 and fired it fa in his back yard with whatever ammo he had and had no issues is hardly a scientific test when accuracy is being measured.
dw.com/en/heckler-and-koch-vindicated-in-g36-accuracy-row-but-lobbying-concerns-linger/a-18781312
the one single commission test that was drawn is also under considerable scrutiny for it's legitimacy due to it being effectively carried out in immediate proximity of H& k personnel
dw.com/en/angela-merkels-party-accused-of-taking-bribes-from-german-gunmaker-hk/a-43900844
H&K has an incredibly poor ethics record mind you especially when german commissions did find that the testing could have been tampered with by H&K.
dw.com/en/germany-military-loses-legal-battle-with-heckler-koch/a-19522739
The court case that people often claim vindicated H&K also did not they did not win the court case because they proved the g36 not to be inaccurate garbage that isn't drastically affected by temperature, but instead they successfully argued that the German governments original contract did not require the rifle to be accurate in hot weather.

>i don't think there's any weapon producer in the civilized world that's more corrupt than H&K
H&K isn't corrupt. H&K is based. fuck export laws, especially the German ones.