Glock Submission for Army's SMG Program

SOFIC 18 – Possible Glock Sub Compact Weapon Concept

Earlier this month the US Army released an RFI to industry, seeking sources for a full auto, 9mm sub compact weapon. Just weeks later, Glock displayed this combination at SOFIC.

It combines a Silencerco suppressor, Mako foregrip and Endotactical stock adapter with a Magpul stock, all mounted to a select fire Glock 18.

Attached: gucci glock.jpg (1560x476, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soldiersystems.net/2018/05/29/sofic-18-possible-glock-sub-compact-weapon-concept/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

perfect truck gun

What a fucking abomination

Attached: 0842E4A9-77CA-4813-A535-D5B5E10E4B48.jpg (840x700, 91K)

Yoo

I think I'm in love, if they release this to civilian market I'm signing up no matter how much it costs and time frame for approval..

i want one

you can already buy this you stupid nigger

>be army logistics brass
>be tasked with getting our fighting boyos a new smg.
>need something that is cheap and preferably backwards compatible with the hundred bajillion rounds of ammo and magazines the military already owns.

>the big weapons manufactures start sending in samples.
>sig rattlers, mp7s in .30 cal, some unknown usa based small arms (lol thnks for tryig) and being used on the range
>suddenly, Glock salesman walks in with a shit eating grin
>puts this on counter

tfw

Attached: IMG_5994.jpg (574x480, 150K)

Have we really gone full circle back to stocked pistols?

Attached: 1527711996360.jpg (1024x904, 101K)

If they had gone with the 19x it would have almost made sense, just add a selector back plate. Have a stock/holster like the C96 broomhandle and BAM, everyone has a select fire carbine.

If Glock could come up with a moderator to slow the cyclical rate, it would be about perfect, but it's too fast stock.

an "arm brace" version of that would be pretty neat.

Gaston has finally gone off the rails, fella's almost 90

A light weight versitile pdw/pistol.

It's not a bad concept on paper, but machine pistols in general tend to be worse than both pistols and SMGs.

So fuckin' lazy, can't coast by on one good product forever.

Yeah I'd get one but my glocks are all gen 4

You're drunk Glock, go home.

Bullshit.

>wobbly plastic shit put on an uncontrollable machine pistol
I'd take a hard pass on it but we're talking about the govt so as long as the right people get some good head...

Leave it to glock to submit a fucking handgun to a submachinegun competition

Attached: 1493699879773.png (758x631, 213K)

technically... by ATF rules... you will get your dog shot for having this

has anyone tried shooting at the atf when they come to steal guns

Yes... it didn't work out.

RAPE THIS FROGPOSTER

google, "waco"

If you btfo atf, then btfo swat, they literally call in the military and burn you(and your children) to the ground, drive over your burnt bodies with tanks, then piss on what's left.

Look into the Waco seige.

Technically, it's an SMG by federal laws since it looks scary.

A machine pistol actually makes sense for what the Army wants, considering the availability of rifles like the Sig Rattler (at the bottom of pic related) that are breaking into the 15"-16" OAL with the stock folded these days. I don't know why they'd go with a fixed stock though.

Attached: Sig MCX SBR, HK MP5SD, HK MP5K, Sig MCX Rattler.jpg (768x1024, 244K)

If someone could design a glock slide with a binary firing sear arrangement, that'd be fucking awesome.

They should never have gone away, it's honestly a very sensible idea. If it weren't for SBR restrictions then I think they'd be pretty popular now.

Attached: C96.jpg (1800x532, 83K)

>some unknown usa based small arms (lol thnks for tryig)
not... him?

Attached: PL9.jpg (2781x1645, 986K)

>no sauce
>incredibly mall-ninja SBR, only thing out of place is giggle switch
>must be trolling me with some FFL's post-86 toy
>google image search
>mfw

Attached: Screenshot 2018-05-30 at 21.26.18.png (599x288, 46K)

Honestly, this is better than about any other thing I've seen for the role.

Why the fuck has Glock not come out with a SMG? I don't understand why they havnn't tapped this market. People would kill for something even close to a semi auto MP5, especially if it was Glock like in appearance and reliable.

He didn't mean that, nigger.

Attached: 1436739579057.jpg (322x279, 50K)

Why doesn't glock make anything besides pistols, a shovel, and some knives?

Big.
Think.
Real big. Like 9x25 big.

Attached: A47F4730-88B6-4C4B-A977-430C1041EB21.jpg (3901x2353, 2.43M)

Is... Is that a brace? I admit I've never seen one on anything that isn't an AR or AK pistol.

I've always wondered this. With how successful and well known their one real product is I'm surprised they've never tried to push a Glock rifle or shotgun.

Has any updates come out recently or is he dead?

Technically no. But it’s not a stock either. It’s a cheek rest.

Attached: 29D46072-8E69-42C2-B1D8-4E57A1242239.jpg (3261x2136, 3.45M)

No, that's just a cheek rest, pic related is a brace. No difference legally, though; neither makes it an SBR, and you're allowed to shoulder both of them.

I haven't seen anything since the hand-carved wooden trigger.

Attached: braced_block.jpg (2007x1365, 843K)

Not cheap-looking enough. Is there a leopard print edition that smells like Bod Man Fragrance Spray and is sold from bathroom FFLs?

>The Glock rifle
>bolt carrier group is a steel brick that blackens your eye on every shot

a stock glock
their smg was seriously a glock with a stock on it?

This is not a joke. The US MIL could make this happen. Yeah mako and endo need to go. Bretta and sig gotta go. Anyone wanna challenge those statements? Full auto glocks that can accept stocks and or silencers are a pretty fiscally sound option. Especially since our tier 1 boys can buy w/e. This is a real option.

>t. Tax payer.

Army and other mp's could make this work. Service pistol everyday. Fire power in a pinch. Honestly. It's a fucking shame this won't happen.

>t. Tax payer.

I really like the idea of stocked pistols, but there's two good reasons this particular one isn't the answer.
1. Detachable stocks mean two pieces to lose or keep track of, and it's all too tempting to avoid losing the stocks by simply leaving them home when not expecting trouble; this assures that when you eventually face unexpected trouble, you won't have access to the buttstock.
2. Detachable/collapsible/folding stocks on machine pistols mean people will end up using them on full-auto without the stock (whether accidentally or intentionally).

The USW (and its logical predecessor vz. 61) solve problem 1 by having a folding stock (no extra part to lose, or to not have with you when you need it), while remaining small enough to ride in a belt holster with the stock folded.
The VP70 solved problem 2 by being exclusively semi-auto when used without the stock, and select-fire when the stock is attached. (The vz. 61 solved problem 2 by combining a rate reducer and low-impulse ammo (.32 ACP) to remain controllable when used in full-auto without the stock; while this is interesting, nobody wants a .32 ACP PDW today.)

I propose that any stocked pistol for general PDW use should have:
1. a USW-like folding stock so the pistol remains holsterable with the stock attached.
2. the stock's position is linked to the fire-control group either as the only selector (folded=semi, extended=burst/full), or to override the proper selector's function when folded.

Attached: USW-320A.jpg (1200x763, 150K)

Assuming it is true this seem like a dumb move on glock, they would have more chances if instead of a mall ninja glock they did like berreta did with the mx4 storm and made a "companion" carbine to the glock with similar features and using the same mags

Make a new fucking gun, please.

Or you could just teach them not to fire it on full auto without using the stock and avoid having all that extra shit to go wrong.

What the fuck is wrong with an MP5 or UMP?

Why user, they make 25 different guns.

Does the selector have a safe position? cuz if does not the army will not want it because brainlet grunts might shoot themselves.

Also just i that think that glock might be trolling other manufacturers by making this seem like their entry when they actually got something better in store for the trials ?

Here's the source: soldiersystems.net/2018/05/29/sofic-18-possible-glock-sub-compact-weapon-concept/

Dumb frogposters
I assume he either died or gave up, I think someone must have told him that sperging out online and crapping out personal information isn't the best way to do anything.

This. Machine pistols look bad and are generally less accurate, especially with a slide exposed. An Uzi would be better

Old and outdated. I know "muh 80's SAS" and all, but there is absolutely no reason to have an MP5 over a SIG MPX.

worst part is the Branch Davidians didn't even shoot first

So why don't they use use the UMP, MP5, MP7 or even a fucking modern made MP40?

Attached: 1501290776008.jpg (307x462, 20K)

>full auto pistol

it's like Call of Duty except they might spend my tax money on it

MP7 all day long over anything and everything else

because most small arms companies wouldn't exist if they didn't get pointless contracts from govts.

It's just an RFI.

>just teach them
The military still believes they need manual safeties on their handguns instead of "just teach them" to keep their damn fingers off the trigger. Does that sound like the mentality that will accept training as a solution to avoid accidental full-auto without stock?
I wouldn't presume to say whether they SHOULD be doing more training and less mechanical complications, but keep in mind a PDW is for people who basically never use their weapons; therefore it's much more important that it be simple to use right and hard to use wrong than, say, a rifle that a grunt carries and uses routinely. For this reason, I'm inclined to make the stock the only selector. You train with it as a pistol, where it's always semi-auto, and as an SMG, where it's always 5-round burst (or whatever) -- developing two sets of muscle memory for two different ways of holding it.
>all that extra shit to go wrong
If the stock is the selector, there's no extra shit at all; it's no more complicated than any other select-fire weapon.
If you insist on a separate selector, it's a small additional complication, on par with a grip safety. I'm no fan of grip safeties, but how often do they actually "go wrong" because of the added mechanical complexity? (They do cause malfunctions as a human interface, when someone whose hand doesn't fit the grip well doesn't consistently activate them, but that's a separate issue.)

>no safety

automatically discarded.

Attached: 1456115719970.png (502x282, 61K)

I kinda want them to adopt a select fire USW. It fits their needs and gives them another option for when they decide to trash their Sigs.

How did Glock fuck this up is still behind even though Suarez int. did all the fucking work last year? Lmao what the fuck Gaston.

Attached: 6a0133ec985af6970b01b7c8bb6b77970b-500wi.png (458x258, 167K)

>whatever the hell that is

Attached: I have seen the future, it's fucking bullshit.jpg (355x368, 21K)

this thing needs a drum mag

Is a caliber.
90 grain Lehigh XD at 2000 FPS/800 ft lbs.
80 grain Barnes Tac-XP at 2050 FPS.
125 grain Gold Dot at 1700 FPS.
Kinda loud tho.

Attached: 13586B8A-2FC1-4805-A852-6E34F05F523E.jpg (2991x3024, 3.98M)

I was more reacting to the weird abomination of the firearm in the photo, but cool.

The mp7 was made to fulfill a German want for a pdw. After it lost in every way to the p90 they stopped looking for a pew.

Not quite. The 5.7mm round is better than the 4.6mm, but the MP7 is a much better design for the actual "PDW" role, whereas the P90 is more just a submachine gun firing a spitzer round. Hence why US and other special operations forces use the MP7 in that role whereas the P90 is mostly treated as an MP5 replacement.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9K)

haha dubs

so will glock ever make something other than pistols? Would you even want them to, just to see how it'll turn out?

>be drunk with buddy this weekend
>talking about PCCs
"Dude, I wonder when Glock is finally gonna put out a carbine."
"Knowing them, they would just take a 17 and slap a stock and 16" barrel and a foregrip on it and call it a carbine"
>MFW the Gaston Carbine is fucking real
>MFW Glock did exactly what we all knew they would
>MFW Glock will still get butthurt when the USmil laughs them out the door

Attached: 9894848484984.jpg (1280x720, 426K)