pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
youtu.be/K0AbSfhT15o
amazon.com/UTG-Ergonomic-SKS-Sight-Tool/dp/B002TUSK0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Holy fuck, that looks fucking annoying
Where do I get one immediately

I fucking got the last image didn't I, can someone pls help with this, what are the measurements on the acog mount for rs regulate?

Attached: wasr10.jpg (1920x1080, 503K)

might have better luck asking someone on youtube who has one, Jow Forums is somewhat lackluster at times with regards to precision measuring tools

Why don't you ask them?

When assembling an AK parts kit, would it be smart to weld the trunnions to the receiver instead of riveting them? Would it damage the rifle

Warped receiver, cracked trunnion.

good idea, send rs regulate an email

it would fuck it up permanently and you're an idiot, jsut use oversized rivets because the rivet holes are wallowed out from being drilled out once already

Paki taped M16A2=Basically an AK

Attached: IMG_2319.jpg (3023x1734, 1.44M)

>would it be smart to weld the trunnions to the receiver instead of riveting them? Would it damage the rifle
Definitely wouldn't be smart.
Welding jobs and screwbuilds have happened before, but you're sacrificing a lot of life expectancy for nothing.

Attached: IMG_2321.jpg (3263x2447, 2.11M)

1) no
2) go circlejerk with Vinny

Trust me bud, there's not enough flair in the world to make an AR interesting

Leave him alone.

Heart

This is arg now.

Attached: 20180528_093127~2.jpg (2555x4032, 2.37M)

I trie.

Attached: inspo.jpg (1145x276, 359K)

We know that's you Daewoo you can run but you can't hide

I never tried to hide? That is not me In the pic.

Attached: DSC_0017 (3)~2.jpg (3625x2592, 2.08M)

instead of asking retardo questions, is there like an AK's for dummies guide i can read?

These threads run off of retardo questions.
Feel free to ask anything.

Attached: red paki tape.jpg (1007x661, 58K)

>PK-A now has less than zero wobble in the mount and a clamping force tighter than Zuckerberg's robotic sphincter during the hearing
Big thank
How about now

Attached: 1527036301541.jpg (3264x1836, 1.74M)

>inb4 someone throwing him into the groupme

lmao just join the groupme bro

youtu.be/K0AbSfhT15o

Resize your fucking photos, nigger

Ok so basically i want a ~$1000 dollar ak for everything people normally do with AR-15's because i like the 7.62 better than 5.56 and always solid reliability. I want something optic ready that i can easily find cocobolo wood furniture for sometime down the road.

What are the most important features to look for in a good AK?

Why does plum furniture look so good online but apparently turns to trash as soon as you get home?

how does part interchangeability work? could i throw a WASR stock on a Saiga? Or drop in a new trigger meant for one in the other?

Not at all, sorry.

No.

Attached: 20180529_101942~2.jpg (3716x2592, 2.36M)

>First part
Arsenal 107r
Or 107fr if you like a folding stock.
That is, if you can find one for under $1,000.
Second best option would probably be a nice kit build (if you like history) or an SAR-1 (Romanian import with dimples, like a WASR but slightly nicer).

>What are the most important features to look for in a good AK?
Steel strength and heat treatment, to be honest.
RAS47s are fine for accuracy and look nice, but the pot metal steel they're made of falls apart fast.
You want something people have done testing on, receiver wise.
WASR, Arsenal, OPAP (newer NPAPs have some issues), Maadi ARM, Mak90, kit builds on good receivers, etc...

>Why does plum furniture look so good online but apparently turns to trash as soon as you get home?
I've never experienced that, I've always had great experiences with plum.
A lot of it is darker irl or inside of a building/shadow so that it looks almost black, but in the sunlight or with a good camera it's extremely plum/purpleish.
People may be complaining about it being darker than it appears with good lighting and good photographs.

>how does part interchangeability work? could i throw a WASR stock on a Saiga? Or drop in a new trigger meant for one in the other?
They're almost all completely interchangeable except for Serbian and Chinese stuff.

Serbian/Yugo AKs have proprietary furniture and some have 1.5mm receivers (thicker metal=different stocks).
A lot of chinese AKs just all have thicker 1.5mm receivers.
The thickness issue can be solved with a little filling though.

Attached: 1513458673655.jpg (296x394, 31K)

Anyone know what kinda screws fit into a gypsy push button? I only have one in right now and would feel more comfortable with two, but I don't feel like waiting for mail and I live down the road from a hardware store

Groupme is a literal circlejerk and don't act like you haven't flashed your cocks to each other

Attached: 20180526_072525.jpg (2560x1440, 1.59M)

Is there a way to identify if my NPAP's spring is a Wolff extra power? The guy I bought it from claimed it was, and I don't have a standard one to compare it to.

hello Jow Forums how do i tell what model AK i have? and also if i were to post a picture, should i not be taking a picture of numbers? ive seen pictures with them blurred out. thanks

Attached: sweedfag.gif (300x182, 1.82M)

The only thing someone could do with your serial number is report it as stolen, but that wouldn't cause any lasting problems. Blur it if you want to, we can probably identify it.

Any of you niggers got a beat to shit palm swell handguard you'd sell to a lowly user like me?

You post a picture or read the markings on it.
And it doesn't really matter if you show the serials or not, some people blur it because they're kinda paranoid, but there are millions of pictures of guns online without it blurred out so w/ever.

It says it on the side usually.

I think I used a 5M screw but dont remember what pitch. Bring the folder with you and match it. If its the rear most you need expect to file/dremmel the screw a mm or two otherwise it will drag.

hiding serial numbers is a meme, with a high probability of the person filing false claims being prosecuted for it

degenerates like you BELONG ON A CROSS!!!!

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Thanks at least now i have enough info to start digging around for details on the important stuff. i just didnt know anything now i know what to look at and where.

Totes.
Also, remember to buy paki tape for extreme Afghan tribal aesthetic.

Attached: paki-tape-4.jpg (660x441, 126K)

Attached: vepr545003.jpg (1512x2016, 464K)

The second ugliest gun I've seen in this general

Attached: IMG_20180115_202134_processed.jpg (1440x1080, 406K)

Ill look into it, was thinking more warlord buffed and polished titanium nitrided metal parts and cocobolo furniture.

the screw holes i mean

This veprs are a mistake. Overpriced, heavy and cucked

Beautiful user!

Attached: Krinky Time.jpg (800x383, 35K)

>overpriced
$500 pre ban
>heavy
got me there, its way heavier then a bag o tendies
>cucked
i got nothing, import laws suck

it says GP WASR-10/63 and it has a tapco trigger when i got it. junk or no?

I'm somewhat aroused

>the ATF matching serial numbers to IP addresses is totally a meme guys

It's a WASR. You're fine.

WASR is fine, but the fact that you couldn't be fucked to Google "WASR" has me concerned.

The other day I had the opportunity to get some guns out in prep for a range day. I took the chance to get them lined up for a pic.

Attached: some guns.jpg (1189x1261, 274K)

I need a bullpup in my life

Completely schmedium.
The WASR is the bare minimum of what's acceptable.
Good steel, good barrel, usually ugly/bad finish, some issues with mag wobble and canted sights.
10/63s were made off of old Romanian army parts kits.
WASR is NOW considered medium/alright/good, but used to be considered low-tier back when we had a lot of very nice guns imported.

Junk AKs=
>RAS47
>C39V2
>IO
>PSAK (especially Gen 1)
>MISR 10
>Some other random shitty builders

Attached: 1508328384023.jpg (1280x977, 127K)

nice spacegat collection

Attached: 18DF8F11-C592-4A0A-82AE-A8000FD6815A.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

so getting rid of it would be a bad idea? would be funding a new build.
i did, awhile ago. but what i saw in pictures had all plastic on it, mines all wood.
>some issues with mag wobble and canted sights
yeah, i have both of them. i need a tool to fix the sights, correct? it has a dovetail on the side so i threw an eotech it. but id like to fix the sights.
anything i can do about the mag wobble? does it for the stamped mags and tapco ones

also, what would be some useful and appropriate upgrades?
thanks fellas

sight tool
mags
ammo

wut is your favorite one to 360 noscope with?

Sounds like an older WASR. It'll shoot perfectly fine, especially with an optic, but to fix the FSB cant you'll need to knock the pin out, center it, re-drill it and pin it again. Not worth doing.
Mag wobble is okay. Not great, but it won't impede function.

yeah, ammo seems pricey around here. id like to just buy a giant box. the last time i went to a show the prices seemed really high too.
yeah, 1965 is stamped on the side.
if its not worth doing, should i just take it off? i would like to fix it, but drilling into it sounds a bit out of my league, now. also it looks soooo purdy without a sight

Nah, leave it.

>yeah, 1965 is stamped on the side.
That's because it's a Romanian Army parts kit build, not because that's when the rifle itself was made.
It was made, used, cut up, and then rebuilt in the late 90s.

>Bust off the entire FSB because it's a little bit canted
Nigga, what the fuck?
It will function fine, it just looks ugly.
You sound like the kind of guy that would cut a mauser barrel down and shove it into a polymer stock.

Attached: 20638863_1865710077088967_4175779707231354039_n.jpg (960x960, 32K)

You can literally fix can't by giving it a whack. Both my pins are stuck solid but I was able to hit it like 50-60 degrees on my first go.

>90 dollar ((10)) 5.56 mags on mp

hard pass. who is stupid enough to pay those prices? are people really that autistic about metal reinforcements?

Attached: 1527715950337.jpg (1600x1200, 103K)

>That's because it's a Romanian Army parts kit build, not because that's when the rifle itself was made.
>It was made, used, cut up, and then rebuilt in the late 90s.
thats pretty interesting. i wonder if pieces of this were used in war.
and why did they fuck up all the sights? seems this happened to a lot of them.
is fixing the sight really going to be that big of a deal?

Do you live in a ban state?

Attached: jewyork.jpg (524x416, 18K)

>and why did they fuck up all the sights? seems this happened to a lot of them.
>is fixing the sight really going to be that big of a deal?
Because Cugir was run by a bunch of retarded alcoholic monkies.
They were known to fuck up pretty much anything they put their hands on until like 2008.

The only reason the rifle itself is good is because back when the government was Communist they got all of their good-tier equipment/machinery/heat treatment stuff for free for the Army.

I've sold them up to $75 per mag so yes they are.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 6.29.50 PM.png (1508x728, 1.29M)

Wait until you have a sight tool. Zero the rifle and you can adjust the front sight so the post is centered.

Is 1400 for a lightly used pre-ban type 56s-1 good, and wood that be a decent first AK?

Attached: type-56-1.jpg (2860x1910, 2.44M)

is the tool useful for any other firearm?

(10) a best.

Vince should have sold me those 4 for 40$ each.

Attached: 20180527_174350~2.jpg (3422x2921, 1.45M)

where's the ak? you know where you are right?

What’s the best AKM clone that isn’t something top-tier prices like a Chink Type 56?

NPAP? SAR-1?

Also, for the Anons here who roll with underfolders, do they suck as much as people say?

Attached: BE5D8025-7C9D-4980-99C0-20BEB35D6BFC.jpg (1280x720, 369K)

amazon.com/UTG-Ergonomic-SKS-Sight-Tool/dp/B002TUSK0Q

ak's and sks's

Npap is shit.
Sar1 or wasr is best option.

Underfolder gud.

Attached: 20180313_140231~3.jpg (3789x2068, 3.59M)

awesome. thanks m8
how tough would it be to remove a wooden stock and put a underfold stock on there?

It's an entire new trunion. Either by an underfolder or dont have one.
>or build a kit.

Attached: 20180529_090351~2.jpg (3723x2691, 2.51M)

Attached: 2small.jpg (1324x932, 463K)

Oof, that’s sexy.

I thought WASRs have that stupid magwell fuckery going on. I’d that not something to worry about?

Very, completely different rear trunnions and cuts in the rear of the receiver.

Their magwells aren't as tight, but honestly its not gonna cause any problems, it just doesnt feel as good. You're more likely to have a malfunction caused by too tight of a magwell as opposed to too loose.

They just lack dimples. Goes pew just fine.

Attached: 20180327_072243~2.jpg (2770x3161, 3.29M)

that sucks. i love the look of the wood, but that would really cut down on the weight.

i would really like to get into building. anything you build yourself brings great pride, at least for me

Not all that much, and what you gain in weight reduction you lose in control and comfort.

It's really the lack of cheek weld that makes it uncomfortable

Attached: 20180301_142435~2.jpg (3024x3171, 3.16M)

yeah, i guess youre right. i guess i should just leave it the way it is?

Oooh, that looks good. What kinda AK is that?
Is it really that bad? The UF is super sexy.

As they say, rifle is fine.
My underfolder was the least comfortable ak I've ever shot, even my wirefolder is more comfy. Like says, the lack of cheek weld really doesn't help much. still aesthetic as fuck tho, and great for compactness if you have small storage requirements, or get in/out of vehicles a lot.

Attached: 20171120_143313-min.jpg (2976x5312, 1.84M)

A little high but not bad. Yeah it'll be a good first AK.

it is fine. but why have they gotten so expensive? i got that thing 10 years ago for like 500

sar 3 best

Fuuuck. I’m wanting a classic-ish AKM clone and it seems like a SAR 1 is gonna be it. Seems like underfolders just suck too much to outweigh the aesthetics.

SAR1 is the closest to an AKM you can get without buying a russian parts kit