Old Lady guns

I want to by my mom a couple firearms.
Can Jow Forums give me a few suggestions before she ends with something that is dumb.
She hasn't shot anything in maybe 10 years, and would need something that can be concealed.
I keep getting sidetracked, and she almost ended up with a maxim 9, and an aug for her home. Help please.

Attached: SCOMAXIM9_1.jpg (400x250, 12K)

Colt Mustang? Kahr PM9?

Anything chambered in .380
Ruger, glock, walther, whatever
Take her to a dealer, have her handle them and go with whatever she finds most comfortable

Don't buy multiple guns, just get one that she is most likely to carry and be proficient with. She will probably never train with it.

The Ruger LCR with 38 special is usually the default girl gun I see recommended.

Either that or an LCP 2 or any other pocket .380. The PM9 is a good 9mm option.

A 22lr pistol. I got my mother to go shooting and a 22 was the only thing she could handle.

S&W M&P E-Z .380 or a nice .38 revolver

Your mom is a tiny weenie. Or she possesses extreme daint.

>an aug for her home
This sounds entirely reasonable to me. But to fit your criteria, something like a Beretta Bobcat or Jetfire would be pretty good- very concealable and probably big enough to fit her whole old lady hand with not a lot of recoil. Maybe a pistol-caliber carbine or a .410 shotgun for home defense if you want to get her more than one gun.

>Ruger LCR with 38 special
That's a hefty kick for an old lady.

Did you have her try a low recoil .38 special or .380?

>That's a hefty kick for an old lady.
Yeah I'd recommend a heavier .38 but there are loads specifically geared towards being low recoil

Be honest, is she going to carry a bigger revolver is you get it. Most likely not.

Grandma is not going to walk around with a double stack 1911 cocked and locked

If anything a Derringer would be perfect. Let her hit Tyrone once and run

For the love of god, no snubbies or pocket .380s for someone who has never shot/shoots very little. You need something a little bigger to absorb the recoil. A PK .380 or one of those beretta 85s in .380 would be much better than those other small pistols

So get her a smaller one? Even the same LCR comes in .22 LR and .22 Magnum versions.

revolvuh.

38SP is absolutely all she needs

She is 52 and nogunz. She wouldn’t touch the 12 gauge and nearly hurt herself with 5.56. She liked the 22 though.

OP here.
I'd like to add.
budget:
>5,000.00 total for everything (ammo, firearms, accessories, and annual membership to a club/range)
So most sidearms, and a few rifle options are available, and I'm not opposed to doubling up, so she can take her buddy to the range.

I’m telling you, a 22 is fine, a 25 is better, and a 32 rocks for women. A 380 pocket pistol is too snappy for women. Hell, even too snappy for my liking.

My mom used to shoot a 1911, so I think she can handle a 9mm.
What do you think of a ruger p95 (has a manual safety, and decocker)?
Her rifle might still be an aug for now.

Does she have horrible heath problems or something? 52 isnt that old.

As long as she doesn't have advanced boneitis, her claiming she can't handle more than a 22 is bullshit and typical woman shortsightedness, meaning she wants to shoot something very light because it's easy and fun, not giving a shit that it's a horrible choice for self defense.

Tell the senile heffer to get a revolver. Easy to load and use. She wont have to remember where she left her spare mags. gotta Get a .357 mag and u can give her .38 target rounds to practice and magnum fmj hollowpoints for home defense. If she gets a snubby recoil will be a bit stronger but easier to conceal the weapon

Ruger American 9mm vs. Ruger SR9 9mm
SR9 would be easier to conceal no?

Attached: vs.png (756x229, 381K)

literally made just for women, old people and weaklings

Attached: smith and wesson .380 shield.jpg (1280x960, 144K)

I don't think you know what literally means

when my dad started having trouble with his joints and struggled with working slides, he staged revolvers around his house. Like 12 different revolvers in various hiding spots. His home is one big new york reload. He carried a .44 bulldog

I know Jow Forums likes to shit on revolvers for carry but he likes them

Attached: charter arms bulldog.jpg (1600x1028, 293K)

P95 is overbuilt as fuck so like no recoil. Probably do fine, but could she reliably chamber rounds and clear malfuntions? Heard it has a strong recoil spring.

desu, ruger security 9
those other pistols are fuck ugly m8

Like I said, she is nogunz, but I got her to shoot. She is just scared of anything louder than a pop from a 22lr. She just won’t touch anything else. I never said she was rational either.

> maxim 9,
> aug
am i crazy, or are those actually good picks for somebody who is likely to be weak and scared of loud noises?
I believe it'd solve the chick lean and the flinch new females get

>Probably do fine, but could she reliably chamber rounds and clear malfuntions?
Haven't thought of this being an issue. Thanks for bringing it up. I might just do what user
suggested.
>Take her to a dealer, have her handle them and go with whatever she finds most comfortable
Have her try a few rentals, and compare prices with the bx/px.

>am i crazy, or are those actually good picks for somebody who is likely to be weak and scared of loud noises?
It's what I was leaning at at first, but I was concerned that I might have been over thinking it.

Just make sure she gets a gun SHE likes and one that SHE thinks is neato/interesting. Just remember that.

PTR 91

Or a nugget

Tbh the issue with 380 guns is they are often much smaller and snappier than something like a mid size 9.

>derringer
No
If shes a no guns and doesnt practice (hint she isnt) she isnt going to be able to get the gun out, cocked, and shot with any degree of accuracy.

>buying your mom a steyr aug

Attached: 1527704157820.jpg (543x533, 29K)

get her a beretta jetfire, bitches love .25s

M&p shield 380 EZ

It's literally made for women.

This

Based dad

I don't think you know what made just for means

>buying your mom a F90 in replica EF88 pattern

Attached: Capture.png (389x421, 239K)