What are some cool abandoned areas of interest in the United States to explore/operate in?

What are some cool abandoned areas of interest in the United States to explore/operate in?

Attached: Image Search Results-16.jpg (1300x943, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

detroit

No where in AZ as far as I know if your looking for Stalker type of thing. There used to be an abandoned horse/dog race track north of Phoenix but that either got torn down or is in the process of it.

There are some old trading posts on Route 66 headed East of Flagstaff. but you'd get noticed pretty easily there I think unless you're a master in desert survival.

Ghost towns and abandoned mines in NV.

Going into old mines is EXTREMELY fucking dangerous though

Leilani estates

Any in tenneseee that anons know of?

when youre driving it barely feels like youre apart from civilization but go out of view of the main road and turn the engine off and its like another world

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_the_United_States

hey OP go here
35.655909, -116.942011

>35.655909, -116.942011
Are you going to tell us whats there?

it's not exploring if i say what's there

Picher Oklahoma is a ghost town. It is the site of a major lead mine and the mining waste is still high in lead content. They used the gravel from the mine as gravel for the city, on playgrounds, dirt for baseball diamonds etc. Then kids started becoming retarded and having learning disabilities at an alarming rate. They figured out thw entire city was a lead poisoning risk and the government paid everybody to leave.

I live in Kansas and my brother lives in Texas, I drive through Picher when I go visit him. It is creepy. Like the set of a zombie movie. Its like everybody just left on the same day and the city is frozen in time. A few people still live there.

the abandoned PA turnpike is pretty cool

don't go into abandoned mines, you'll probably die due to toxic gas buildup

A small oasis in the middle of Death Valley

Attached: AC9FA164-C9A8-4164-A779-5992C0E0EE67.png (750x1334, 1.91M)

INB4 someone goes there and there's a body.
Also INB4 someone goes there and gets made a body.

I got a little lost today on a drive through the country and stumbled on a little airfield with a grass runway that didn't look like it gets used much. Here's a few pics from it.

Attached: arfld1.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

The lone hangar. Very broken down.

Attached: arfld3.jpg (4032x3024, 1.9M)

The grass runway, which ends in a lake.

Attached: arfld2.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

An abandoned Cessna, rotted away and stripped of anything useful.

Attached: abandcess2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.66M)

Go find those mines in Ruby Ridge, Utah from that screencap and solve a Jow Forums mystery

Windows smashed out long ago.

Attached: abandcess4.jpg (4032x3024, 1.06M)

Im sorry, Ruby Mountains*

The interior, stripped.

Attached: abandcess5.jpg (4032x3024, 1.09M)

Picher, Oklahoma

Attached: picher18.jpg (1000x667, 325K)

I looked up the wiki list of ghost town in Ks.. turns out I LIVE in one.

Mildred FTW

Are you a ghost?

Now, if I was, would I even know it??
But really, I'm pretty sure my house is fucking super-spoopy.
It's 3spoopy5me
Place is haunted as fuck

If you like kayaking/canoeing and are in the DC area, check out Mallows Bay.

Attached: mallows.jpg (984x580, 98K)

>north
>I cannot into west
There is sometimes a curator there.

Attached: Subjunctive.gif (740x250, 105K)

Canyon del Diablo between Winslow and Flag. Theres some shit there. Most of Yuma County is pretty open, just steer clear of HW95, most of that's bombing ranges.

Shit not op but I might go do this myself now, thanks man.

>35.655909, -116.942011
Neat, but I don't think that's what op is looking for.

If it's mowed it's in use fuck off

Inb4 someone doesn't go there and gets to touch some body.

I've been there several times.

OP here. Thank you for all of your replies, very much appreciated.

Because of the methheads or what

I don't think that Cessna has been mowed, nor is it in use, but thanks.

Perfect to drive through and pretend I'm Jim Morrison

Attached: the-doors-riders-on-the-storm-original-driving-with-jim_8135135-64770_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>explore Ruby Ridge
>wife, son, and dog get murdered

Cum to Pooland sometime.
Literally cant take 3 steps in Warsaw area without stepping on bunkers/forts/bases/from ww1, ww2, cold war.

>Because of the methheads or what
Undetectable pockets of co2 or poison gasses. Somw user expert on /out/ explained it once.
Ach, and, of course, very high risk of collapse.

Pitcher is fun, but there is a large police presence there. They have multiple flat black "Emergency" vehicles of some type unmarked and hidden back amongst the empty houses and OHP were patrolling around the area heavy last few times I was that way. Also I noticed someone is keeping most of the grass cut to a manageable height so it isn't completely a ghost town.

But fun to get out and walk around taking pictures and being a tourist. I just wouldn't bring a gun and try to "Operate" there.

Attached: emtac.jpg (1500x1000, 480K)

Attached: IMG_0405.jpg (1410x940, 828K)

Attached: IMG_0375.jpg (1000x1500, 1.11M)

Huh, blacked out non standard "police" vehicles, police presence, abandoned town... Either y'all are cianiggers or summerfags

So that's what it looks like when you kill all the brass jews huh

Anywhere cool in NH? I know there's an abandoned radar base in VT I want to go see.

kek

residential operating training ground?

That was my thought. Nothing too spooky probably but still wouldn't want to show up armed trying to stalker LARP or whatever the fuck OP means by "operate".

Attached: IMG_0404.jpg (1500x1000, 690K)

About 2 years ago I walked into a horizontal one about half a mile before I realized how bad of an idea it was, it was cool to see some old rusty tools and shit, and someone wrote “J&L 1908” in a heart on the wall

I think he's talking about the airfield. The grass was clearly mowed in your pictures. Someone at least maintains the area, so I would do what says.