Can someone explain the scar to me, I don't get it

can someone explain the scar to me, I don't get it.

It is a 308 platform, but is not accurate enough to be a DMR. Why do I need 308 if I am only going out to 500 yard, why not just a normal 16 inch AR, heck use mk262 if you are worried about accuracy at longer engagements.

Attached: 17s-6.jpg (1024x680, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/k/search/image/b5LvTVq9DEDjKN5VG-WREA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell me how often you shoot anything at 500 yards, yet alone with your 16" AR. Now, how often do you shoot at something with your 16" 5.56 at 500 yards which you need to kill? Be honest

Yes

Scar exists solely to trigger poors, that's its entire POU. You don't buy a SCAR to get a good gun, you get it to show everyone else that you have disposable income.

it just shows you are bad with money though. if i had money I would get a SR-15 with a good optic for the same price of a SCAR. The problem with the Scar is you need to throw in another 1-2k just to make it acceptable, and then is not even including optics.

You're not really asking about the SCAR, just any 7.62mm battle rifle. And beyond stopping power, a good answer is barrier penetration. If you need to hit something on the other side of something, then a full-size rifle round is a good thing to have. Russian units with AK-74s have in some circumstances switched back to carrying 7.62x39mm guns for the same reason.

Wait I shoot like 400-500m all the time with my 16" psa and I would trust it.... What did user mean by this post.

Attached: 2653199.jpg (480x366, 48K)

Nope. You're poor and mad.

>I shoot like 400-500m all the time
At human beings attempting to not be shot or at targets on a range set neatly at 500m?

desuarchive.org/k/search/image/b5LvTVq9DEDjKN5VG-WREA/

>but is not accurate enough to be a DMR
what

It's absolutely this. I didn't get the scar appeal all throughout college but the minute I graduated and got a job I started wanting one. I've resisted so far but sooner or later I know my need to make fun of poorfags on Jow Forums will overcome my better judgment.

No, usually evasive coyotes and coydogs in motion plotting to attack young cattle and poultry.

If you want to keep moving the goal post why not ask if they're shooting back of if I run at least 9 mags in my 'kit'?

Man, OP, did a SCAR kill your family or something?

Not OP and that's all sorts of autistic but the scar is sort of a baffling weapon to me as well.

It's a new make 7.62mm battle rifle, what's so baffling about that? It's an AR-10 for people who don't want an AR-10.

Are they shooting back? Do you run at least 9 mags in your kit?

I guess what really confuses me is why they made the stock so ugly. It looks like an AR-10 with a malignant tumor on the end.

UGG
G
G

>If you want to keep moving the goal post
nigga you're the one that asked what the post meant and he told you

So that people in the know can laugh at the amount of money they paid and the butt ugly stock.

>it just shows you are bad with money though.
lol
>if i had money
so you're poor. You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand, then.

And you're pretty fucking triggered. SCAR did its job once again.

uhh....?

>So that people in the know
>in the know
which clearly isn't you or any other SCAR hating poorfags on this board.

Ability to shoot paper or 30 pound dogs doesn't make a gun suitable for combat at 500 yards

Why can some people on Jow Forums just not into /longrange/? I can nail a gong at 500m with my .308 Tikka standing and 800m at benchrest.

>hurr u wont need to shoot past 300 yards hurr hurr 308 is only good to 500 yards
t.brainlets

Attached: 32941434_404087146737654_2794509536155664384_n.jpg (439x290, 17K)

>why not just a normal 16 inch AR
Because you can't kill shit past 200 yards or punch through cover with a varmint caliber.

The SCAR is a modern battle rifle, not meant to be a DMR but doesn't do a bad job at it desu.

Stop trying to burst all the richfag's bubbles. Everyone knows there's nothing special about the SCAR except for its price.

I can't hit anything beyond 100 yards desu

>he doesn't know

>Stop trying to burst all the richfag's bubbles.
the only bubble here is your poverty, and the only thing bursting is your fucking worthless ego.

I've never actually hit a target in my life.

I know quite well.

Attached: I have no guns.jpg (2823x1713, 1.36M)

That insult didn't even make sense. You don't need to be this mad that someone doesn't like your plastic grotesque.

Can confirm owning and shooting a .308 is fun.

Attached: DSCF8688.jpg (2048x1536, 827K)

>That insult didn't even make sense.
>t. illiterate poorfag.

No see you just took a normal expression and analogized it incomprehensibly. I'm starting to think that it's not just that you own a scar and have buyer's regret - I think you might've helped design it, which would definitely explain the rage. Did FN lay you off or something?

Your ego must be incredibly fragile to feel the need to constantly repost this image.

Attached: 1512626115738.gif (500x500, 685K)

I've never seen it but the gun choice is pretty memey

I don't like to waste words, and I find the idiom "a picture is worth a thousand words" to be very profound.

I find your lack of wood... Disturbing.

Attached: vvv.jpg (322x268, 52K)

Just saying
>a picture is worth a thousand words
would have conveyed the same message but used less words

you dont really start hating poor people until you have some money.

Then one day you realize that poor people hate you even if you worked hard for what you have and want them to succeed, and you realize they would destroy everything you love and take everything you have just to make you more miserable than them.

then you buy a scar and shitpost on k

then tell us what does, mr operational expert

Did it every year with the corps. 500 yards is really not that far.

I take it on hikes and hunts for pigs, bears, wolves, mule deer, and meth heads. At 11lbs loaded, the SCAR 17 makes a very light weight, accurate and compact rifle that holds 20 rounds of .308win per mag. It also invokes an involuntary sour grapes response from the poor, and gun grabbers think it's okay because it's not "one of those scary black rifles."

Sorry bub, but poor financial decisions does not grant you entrance into the club. Owners of 16s, especially non SBRed 16s, are universally laughed at, and there's no amount of studdering excuses you can make to justify those safe queen parts guns outfitted with half-assed optics. Try again next time.

given the poor command of the English language your previously demonstrated, I thought I should make myself extra clear.

That was my first post in the thread, also you're a pseud

>Owners of 16s, especially non SBRed 16s
Great, what about the 3 Swiss SBRs in the picture?

Why don't you post your guns and show us how you roll?

Attached: TheDrawer.jpg (2823x2117, 1.41M)

Spending $200 for a stamp isn't indicative of wealth or taste :^)

Attached: seasonal scar.jpg (1632x1224, 1.07M)

>outfitted with half-assed optics
>half-assed optics
>2x Micro T2
>Trijicon SRS
>Leupold LCO
>Nightforce ATACR F1
>Browe BCO (?)
>2 DBALs

now I KNOW you're poor.

Neither is dropping a measly 3k for a SCAR.
Com'on, post your guns. I hope your 17 isn't the only one worth a photo.

Read my post again sweetie. I didn't call you poor, I said you
1. are not in the club
2. make poor financial decisions and is actively laughed at by people that are in said club
3. your optics choices are half-assed attempts to put the most expensive optic you've ever seen in a Big 5

You're welcome to try again :^)

>platform
It's a rifle.

Probably something that shoots .308 or equivalent.

>most expensive optic you've ever seen
don't fucking kid yourself honey.
That faggot Demichad was the only one who has decisively out GUCCI-ed me. If you're not that fag, stop typing and start posting pictures.

I do. But I don't have pictures. Shit, I'm not even on social media (except this). I'm into long range shooting, and I'm currently building a new rifle off a Defiance action. Ask me questions about PRS and I'll prove to you I have both the experience and equipment to back myself up.

wew lad

Attached: 1480688471635.png (778x960, 680K)

is your scope a Kahles, S&B, or Hensoldt?

If you say Vortex Razor HD I'm going to slap you.

shitposting on Jow Forums isn't a solution to your poverty, poorfag. I hope you realize that.

PMII on a 20 MOA Spuhr. The receiver is at my gunsmith right now. He's putting on a #8 Bartlein right handed gradient twist barrel (I'm left handed). I haven't decided what frame I'll put it in. I like McMillan's A5, but I might just go with a Cadex or AI because I'm not worried about weight.

>right handed gradient twist barrel
how much was the barrel?

yes yes, you're bag of shit is very nice and exclusive. How dare I question your taste for department store fecal matter.

Attached: ISJU9421.png (710x577, 30K)

by all fucking means, tell the class what is a non-memey gun choice. a single franken ar with a brace on while you try and save for a stamp?

around $550. gunsmith is truing it, so I don't have a final price.

>around $550
Pfft poorfag, put another zero behind that and I'll give a fuck about what you have to say.

>in the club

the one you made up as a kid that still consists solely of you because no one cares about you or your bullshit club? that club?

seriously just shut the fuck up already. you sound like you're five years old.

>But I don't have pictures.

You can afford all this hardware but not a phone. Ok.

>angry he isn't in the club

This is the only reason I want one. Poorfags need to be put in their place.

Or you could buy a ptr and a gym membership

I've bought worse not-ARs than the SCAR. I bought an ACR, for fuck's sake.

I've never actually shot a gun. I buy them only so that I can take pictures to post here and torment the poorfags.

>angry he's not in the club

Attached: VCBR9909.jpg (500x282, 84K)

But Black Dynamite, you need a gym membership to lift a PTR!

>He was the kid that was excluded from the clubs
I bet you're fat too.

Attached: 1478661122339.gif (480x601, 1.85M)

I have you beat in both quantity and quality.

This thread really started to deliver about two thirds of the way down.

This is what a autistic meltdown looks like.
>He's not in the club

it shoots through concrete

Okay fuck it, how do I buy my way into the club?

Do you not know how much barrels cost?

If you can get it for $550 it means poorfags can buy it. I don't care to own anything poorfags can afford.

that's significantly lower than I expected for a variable twist barrel. What's your starting twist and final twist?

Obviously I'm , not the fuckwit who responded to you earlier.

MY NIGGA.

>Still mad he isn't in the club

Where are all these fucking SCAR threads coming from?

show me. Out of purely academic curiosity.

as long as there are poorfags on this board, there will be SCAR threads.

A couple anons that saved up $3200 while living in their mom's basement and like to LARP as rich people.

You know it may only be an okay rifle but fuck if it isn't sexy as hell.

Attached: f3132e9f36800fae82aed08edb5c3737.jpg (640x570, 97K)

I just see a bunch of mediocrity

Mini-14 posting has evolved into scar-posting

Then you’re blind.

I just bumpfire into dirt.

don't be that faggot

Dude, why do you care about whether or not some other autist spent more on gun than you?

Why get a tax stamp when I can have a pistol that I can legally conceal in my car? Riddle me that, fucktard.

>Scar is a status symbol to trigger poorfags
>tfw I am a student on gov benefits and could own a SCAR
This Jow Forums version of claiming that owning the newest iphone means shit

Attached: 1526968874413.jpg (1600x1201, 173K)

>own
Better word would be afford in hindsight, just to be clear