Are most people bad people?

I was thinking Jow Forums... whenever we talk about societal collapse/ the apocalypse, most people would be focused on individual desires like robbing the Radioshack or eating all the deli pizza at Loblaws.

Does this mean we're all bad people? I'd imagine that neutral or good people would at least be focused on restoring civil order to the world in a dystopian situation

Attached: 50cewnt.png (1200x1306, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

historyonfirepodcast.com/episodes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>we

Most people aren't bad, they're just self interested. Whether that causes harm to others or not is a case by case basis. I would say that most people are at least sort of stupid, though, which is why they lack the introspection to not be so self interested.

butts goes in all butts

>Does this mean we're all bad people?
Yes. Only heathens and atheists would try to argue that humanity is good, we're all flawed and sinful people.

Attached: Ohh-Apple-holo-the-wise-wolf-21301933-481-640.jpg (481x640, 56K)

For example, horo is a whore.

More like we all grow up in a culture that teaches us different values.
But if we get pulled out of it and in to a whole new fucked up place like a warzone and it completely lacks discipline and good leadership people resort to killing first.
But that just what I hear and read about.

Just go read up about Soviet prisons or history on fire episodes 32A/B+33
historyonfirepodcast.com/episodes/

>Are most people bad people?
yes

I dont think we are all bad people. I think there are some people capable of evils that others are not. I dont mean the ability to kill or the ability to disregard the feelings of others.

For example
>My great grandfather gutted and hung the man who killed his brother, grandpaed did think it was morally right or wrong. He knew he had to do it, that he had to kill the man. No real reason other than he killed his brother in a fight.
This act is morally incorrect but it is certainly not evil

>Yesterday a amber alert was issued in my state, for a 11 month old baby girl. Turns out the mother lied about the baby being kidnapped, she actually put the baby in a diaper boxed and threw her in the woods.
Both of these acts are morally wrong but only one is evil.

>Only heathens
a heathen would not.

>I was thinking Jow Forums... whenever we talk about societal collapse/ the apocalypse, most people would be focused on individual desires like robbing the Radioshack or eating all the deli pizza at Loblaws. Does this mean we're all bad people? I'd imagine that neutral or good people would at least be focused on restoring civil order to the world in a dystopian situation
Not so much bad as fallen. Think what you will about whether there was really a garden with a big tree and a talking snake, but Christianity at least has an explanation for why people act the way they do that conforms to the observable reality of how people actually do behave in the real world. A very few people are thoroughly good, a very few people are thoroughly evil, and most people are foolish, easily tempted, and just clever enough to rationalize bad into good. This leads to the traditional Christian philosophy of government, which is that the good people should be the leaders, and the evil people should be publicly burned at the stake as a warning to everyone else not to let temptation and clever folly get the better of them.

I like that philosophy, and believe that the sooner we return to it, the better.

The world needs bad men Marty

>Does this mean we're all bad people? I'd imagine that neutral or good people would at least be focused on restoring civil order to the world in a dystopian situation
Well, all people have a tendency towards disorder without if they have no moral absolutes. I do believe that there would be neutral or good people out there, though, it would just take time to sort them out. In my opinion, you should have a tightknit group of individuals that you would trust with your life and/or create a community with if you had to; you can't be sure of strangers' moral compass. For me, levels of trust and loyalty go church > family > neighbors; I'm a member of a small church, each of member of which I know, feel like family, and I know to what degree I can trust each.

Attached: Church_near_Junction_City_Kansas-300x199.jpg (300x199, 18K)

There's a RadioShack where you live? I thought they all closed down.

The trips of truth

Attached: WQbyiOA.png (2658x1771, 3.14M)

>Are most people bad people?
yes humans unlike animals are naturally evil and unless they make a conscious effort to be moral entities ( a small minority) behave like shit flinging savages as soon as hey realise they won't get locked up in a cage for it

>whenever we talk about societal collapse/ the apocalypse, most people would be focused on individual desires
I think this is why video games like DayZ really captured the zeitgeist for a while, because they really show this in practice. Everyone you don't know is a potential threat to you, so most people shoot first and ask questions later, and the fact that everyone you meet is likely to shoot you makes people who didn't start out thinking that way begin to act the same way.

Where in SC, user?

Second post best post

>Holo
>Human

Sure but could we not stone people for working on Sunday and shit like that

I think a lot of people are working under the impression that the stores have been abandoned by their parent companies. Like in zombie movies, the looters are looting stores that aren't being operated and wont be operated in the future, so it's more like scavenging than stealing at that point.

But there are also a lot of dicks on Jow Forums.

Kinda? I mean as long as we attempt to keep our shit together and banish those intrusive thoughts like feeding stray cats to the ATM I think we're going to be good

FUCK OFF

>For example, horo is a whore.
You and I know it, though many would deny.

>Sure but could we not stone people for working on Sunday and shit like that
Apparently not, because we tried taking the boot off people's necks and we ended up with trannies shitting next to our daughters, women parading around with hats shaped like their sex organs, and cities full of niggers stabbing people with the leisure time afforded to them by lavish welfare benefits.

Time to go back to what we know works.