What's a good entry level 1911?

What's a good entry level 1911?

Attached: M1911A1.png (1200x751, 862K)

RIA

Fpbp

Armscor also manufactures the citadel line alongside RIA, those are good too.

RIA is good for entry level.

I remember a while back I went into a store looking for one and the clerk said he had sold an original government marked 1911 pre a1 model from ww1 for 700 dollars. He said it was in rough shape, but I'm so sad that I missed that opportunity. I would have bought it in a heartbeat

The term "good 1911" is something of an oxymoron these days. It was good back when it was first made. Mostly because its competition at the time was 6 shot single action revolvers. But times have changed. In a world where polymer pistols that can hold 17 rounds exist, the 1911 is obselete. A good 1911? There is none. Get a glock, get a sig, get a CZ. Don't get a 1911.

You're thinking is obsolete. Get out of the 1970s-1990s and back into the 2000's, grandpa.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!
Embarrassing desu

COLT

Attached: colts.png (957x718, 1.55M)

You're retarded and cant comprehend basic things. He asked what a good 1911 was, not WHAT SHOULD I GET IN ORDER TO OPERATE IN 2018

Maybe he likes the design, maybe he already has a glock or a CZ and just wants something different. Your opinion on the platform itself has nothing to do with the post.

I was able to get a 1984 lightweight commander for 6 hundo. Pretty happy.

>muh has plastic handguns that make 1911 obsolete
Guess what fag, my rifles make ALL your handguns obsolete. Handgun is a supporting tool. If you need more than 8rds then carry an AR/AK.
Some of us trust the build and craftsmanship of metal frames that don’t need to have built-in break points, and aren’t part of the low quality, mass-produced, throwaway society, where you just replace the plastic part that breaks over time.
>B-but muh 17rds!
Take a hike

yeah i think i paid about $550 for my 1991 compact. i feel ok about it

Attached: edcs.jpg (1008x756, 347K)

I want into a 1911. Have an inappropriately hard boner for dan wesson A2. About to blow a fat load on one. Good idea? Dont mind if its a meme. Everything is a fucking meme, okay?

OP probably wants a nice range toy. Not something to live out operator fantasies with. Please kys

1911 is an outdated gun for fudds, just like every other gun that fires the .45 AARP.

Get something in .40s&w, it hits as hard as a .45, has all of the same hydrostatic shock effects, and is small enough to either fit into most subcompacts or give you a higher magazine capacity which is something that the 1911 and it's single stack mags won't give you.

RIA Tactical
Not the Tac 2, but the tactical. It's

Actually, there is one good reason for a 1911.

The .50GI exists and works well with the 1911. If you do get a 1911 definitely get in in .50 GI.

Attached: eca384e19c3b176284dc456f9be2c967.jpg (600x450, 49K)

I heard Dan Wessons are the best value for money 1911s. Sure they are about $1300, but they are much nicer than Springfields, Rugers, RIA etc. And you get way more bang for the buck compared to Ed Brown and Nighthawks.

>What car should I get?
>"WHY DON'T YOU GET A BUS PASS?"
>Because I want a car
>"STOP WANTING THINGS!"

>Entry level
Reading comprehension, bro.

Take your strawman back to Jow Forums you dumb summer kiddie

>Gets called out for being a retard
>"uh... um... p-pol!"
Is reddit still using that retarded setup?
He wants a 1911, stop being a like and either offer 1911 input, or go shitpost with the other noguns.

Men are talking, please excuse yourself to the childrens room.

Dan wessons are fantastic mid range 1911s. You'll be very happy with it.

FPBP
1911A2. 10 rounder with aftermarket doublestack mag

I've already posted my 1911 input retard. Hint: it's in the post you replied to.

Is the Remington R1 any good?

How did the bait taste guys? Was it salty?

got this colt for 800+ bucks. the slide rattles when the hammer is cocked though.

Attached: DSC_0014.jpg (2000x1124, 829K)

>just pretending

I think I paid $500 for my Springfield and it's been decent. I got it used though and they no longer make the GI models.

Attached: A1 Surrealistic Pillow.jpg (3000x2000, 3.68M)

Turn your trip on or go back