Can we get a Local gun store thread? Any stories? Any cool finds?

Can we get a Local gun store thread? Any stories? Any cool finds?

Attached: 1526424196286.png (878x900, 352K)

I mean I don’t really have anything greentext-worthy but there’s a good local store called Zeller’s here. My dad knows the owner and when I was little my dad brought me in and the owner gave me a .50 cal round to take home. Still have it

Cute and neat

I scored a beautiful m1917 enfield in original condition for 400 bucks at an LGS. It was on consignment I guess whoever it belonged too didn’t know what he had

Noice

Sure. I have quite a few from the very interesting gun stores around me.

>decide to stop by a little pawn/gun shop by my house
>pic related is on the shelf
>thinking it might just be an Iver Johnson or some old beretta, I buy it
>go home and do some research
>turns out to be a Korovin
>super rare .25 auto from the soviet union that were mostly melted down or blown up
>shoot it a little bit
>decide I feel uncomfortable owning such a rarer gun
>sell it on gunbroker to some guy for $2100

Attached: glitchr_1522352331000.jpg (1344x1008, 581K)

Wow nice find user!

Heres another little one..

>ffl calls me one day
>tells me he got some odd AK in on a trade and since I told him to let me know if he gets any AKs to give me a call
>drive down to check out the gun
>pic related
>tells me it came with a hard case and about 75 rounds of ammo and 4 mags
>ask him what he is thinking on it
>"well I dont really know what it is"
>offer to take it off his hands for $600 cash out the door
>he says he can do $650 since he knows AKs fetch a bit more
>do $650 out the door

Thanks! Definatly was my best make out ever.

Attached: 1513698606807.jpg (1620x1215, 1.73M)

After I (mostly) de-bubba'd it

Attached: 20180113_161053.jpg (4032x3024, 3.64M)

Hmmmmmm
I wonder also why are you wearing shoes in the house? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WORK IT IS TO CLEAN THE HOUSE

Why would you do that to korovin user-kun?

Thats at the gun shop my dude. Place has that old 90s carpet. My house is vintage hardwood throughout. Except the bathroom, kitchen and back room that are tile.

honestly even though it looked trashy when the camo pattern was on the whole rifle, with clean furniture and the pattern just on the metal parts doesn't look half bad.

still kinda sucks if it's irreversible, but I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with it. nice find user

Ah.
Agreed [spoiler] i kinda like it[/spoiler]

Do what? Sell it to someone who oviously had the money to be a collector and give it a good home?

I got lots of compliments on it. And it could have been removed but I didnt want to risk stripping the finish. I actually ended up trading it to a friend who is a fellow Jow Forums fag. Not sure if he even still has the gun but last I heard, he had the camo still on it

Powerful

Third story is not so great. I was 20 at the time this happened.

>dad decides we want to do father son AR builds
>we buy everything we need less the stripped lower
>one of our local gunshops has the stipped lowers we need
>go in and look. Aeros are $130 each and poverty ponys are $50 each.
>dad goes to get the Aeros
>tell him he should get the Andersons, basically the same but cheaper
>clerk overhears and thinks dad is straw purchasing
>dad explains its father son builds and the lower would be a gift
>clerk isnt having it and threatens to call ATF and cops
>dad tells him to go ahead
>clerk caught off guard and gets his manager
>manager comes over and hears the situation
>says he cant sell us the stripped lowers because im not 21 but he will sell up completed lowers for $230 each
>dad tells him to go fuck himself to his face
>a week later we buy our lowers from PSA for $30 each and pay a $20 transfer somewhere else.

Went to the big gun collection in the sky
I would CCW a korovin if I had one

>cc a .25
>cc a rare pistol
>use it and have it thrown in a police locker to be scrached and rust and be neglected along with the many other model 10s and C9s

The LGS I usually go to had a funny guy come in the other day, Ill call the guy at the counter Joe.
>standing by counter waiting for background check
>some middle aged guy comes in
>overweight, balding, black t shirt with some generic sheepdog shit on it
>guy is just walking around the back of the store behind the shelves with ammo and gun cases
>hear metal on metal
>we both look over
>guys just casually walking around the store fucking with his pistol
>Joe calls him over and asks what hes doing
>Guy seems cofused and basically just goes “uh me? Im just looking for a holster”
>”ok no problem, can you please put your handgun away”
>”oh uhaghfh what? Me?! Im an ex cop, I know how to handle my gun safely”
>Joes not having it
>”give me your pistol for a moment”
>guy reluctantly complies
>rack slide
>live round drops onto glass counter and Joe just glares at him and passes the gun back unloaded
>its at this time I can finally see the gun clearly and realize this ex cop is walking around a gun store fingerfucking his Hi-Point
>”OH WELL UH UHAGFH YOU SEE”
>”We dont have holsters for this Sir”
>”WHAT WHY NOT?”
>”Its a piece of shit”
>looks like you just told a Boomer RSO that the 1911s a shit pistol
>”What no! These are great american made!”
>He was then kicked out of the store

Joe sounds like an asshole. Not saying that guy was in the wrong, but Joe should have offered help as soon as that man came into the store. Then he shouldnt have just called the guys gun shit. Least he could have done was offer him some cheap as uncle mikes holster that would fit and make a decent customer.

Instead, that guy will tell everyone he knows what an asshole joe was and they will not shop at Joes because so and so said he is rude and unhelpful. They will go somewhere else or to a big box store and cause joe to go under and close his shop in 2-3 years from lack of sales.

Then joe will bitch and complain that everyone was out to get him from the start and he never stood a chance. All because he was being a dickhead.

Man, I understand where they're coming from, but they're fucking puss is for threatening to call the feds then backpedaling. I'd never go back there if I were you.

>>reddit.com

We never have. And we tell people how shitty they were. It was more that they were like "we cant sell you this gun vecause you might do something illegal, but we can sell you this one because we will make more off it"

>actually knowing how to structure a sentence.

Wanna know how I know that youre new here? That whole reddit spacing joke was so you retards would point it out and the rest of us could know who to take seriously.

Attached: 1499032850882.jpg (344x314, 23K)

Joes shop is doing just fine on business. When people come in who actually dont know better Joe and the others in the shop will help as much as they can and not get condescending. Example: the overweight NEET who came in in a fucking suit to look at pistols (didnt buy anything but asked questions for 20min), couldnt figure out how a 40S&W could be made by someone other than S&W. Nobody cared, both the staff and regulars are perfectly happy to teach a new face some basics. When an “ex cop” comes into the store racking a loaded gun then gets called out for it by another ex cop, tries to say hes above the rules and would never make mistakes, then gets a live round ejected right there. Thats not just a dumb kid or soccermom who needs to be educated, this guy doesnt think theres anything left to learn.
You dont want this man in your store

>thinking I'm talking about reddit spacing when it's actually your gay ass defense of a bumbling idiot who broke the most common rule of gun shops. So common that it is universally posted outside the store that YOU DON'T BRING IN LOADED WEAPONS AND YOU SURE AS SHIT DON'T PULL THEM OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORE OTHERWISE YOU GET YOUR ASS KICKED OUT
Nah, senpai. You're just a faggot defending an autistic man-child. The store had every right to remove him and zero incentive to assist him since they were helping OP with a background check.
Calling his gun shit was not great, but since the guy was getting kicked out regardless, who gives a flying fuck?

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Oh its just a romanian psl.
I though it something rare

Saw something similar happen to my buddy when he was going to put together an AR. Wanted to buy a lower at 20. Ok. No problem. Unless the lower is marked multi-cal because now its a pistol. Even if its got a rifle stock and trigger group, its a pistol because it says multical and not 5.56. It literally took 2 hours, a phonecall to the state capital and a phonecall to the ATF. Everyone in the store was furious. The ATF didnt even know the answer and it took them 25 minutes to decide “nah bruh multi means pistol” “dont care if it was manufactured as a rifle part and is in rifle config”. But he could still buy a prebuilt with a multical lower.
THANKS FED

Friend worked at one. Two wiggers walk in, look at the AR wall, and one of them says "Daaaaaamn, look at all those pimped out AK's."

Guy who posted story here. Youve got it.
Insulting his gun wasnt the nicest but youve already got this high and mighty dickhead walking around playing with a LOADED weapon in a gun store. And then says he should be able to do it.
Do not need that around. And they actually didnt have any holsters thatd fit it. I dont think saving a customer was even on their mind, and Ive got a feeling “ex cop” who EDCs a Hi-Point isnt exactly a high dollar customer

>you dont want this man in your store

Most gun owners over the age of 40 are that way. Most feel like they know it all and spread fuddlore like wildfire. That doesnt change my stance. As far as the kid asking about .40S&W, how about educate him and he might have the respect to shop at joes brick and mortar shop over Buds online which is cheaper.

Joe is an asshole and i know this because growing up, i went into gun stores that had exactly his type. And those were the stores that i typically didnt return to because they already knew everything and werent willing to share their *vast array of knowledge. Youre probably an asshole too desu

Yes, he broke the universal rule. The universal rule that is broken hundreds of times a year. My lgs has a .50 cal ammo can full of random rounds that are from people who dont unload their guns. Its actually incredibly common believe it or not. Also, dont think you can worm out of being a faggot because you quote reddit. I have never been to reddit (unlike you im sure) and I dont know what goes on there. Nor do I want to. Besides the point, surely you know how to run a business. Its one thing to ask him to leave. Its another thing to give him a reason to shit talk your business at the range and influnence other shooters.

>Ive got a feeling “ex cop” who EDCs a Hi-Point isnt exactly a high dollar customer

High dollar or not, he was a customer and any shop owner will tell you that a repeat customer is better than a one time big buy. You dont know if he was going to come back for something else later. When I first started carrying, I was dirt poor carrying a Star BM. Does that mean between then and now I would never have visited a gunshop?

>the customer is always right!
I retract my reddit statement. You're just a faggot boomer cock sucker.

Learn to read you dumbass. I just told you we helped the kid.

And no you shouldnt avoid gun shops because you dont have shitloads to spend or infinite knowledge. But please do stay out if youre an illiterate retard who cant manage to window shop without muzzle sweeping the whole store with your finger on the trigger. This is my last reply to you as I cant tell if youre just looking to ruse or are an actual retard.

And you bet your ass Im an asshole too.
Fucking sperg

Found this Bubba'd Sks today, wondering if its worth buying.

Attached: a11e628cbf5ff2c13de014b1b403acc8.jpg (1786x752, 576K)

250 is a pretty great price for an sks nowadays

Even in its bubba'd state?

It's beautiful desu

>the customer is always right
>thats why i can tell him he owns shit compared to me

Please quote where i said the customer is always right.

No its not, youll keep replying because assholes like you cant help yourselves. Again. Im not saying he wasnt wrong, im saying joe was an asshole for needlessly insulting another mans gun.

If you can get for $250 out the door, I would buy it

Your insistence that the store owner fellate the literal retard "ex cop" that flagrantly disregarded the number one rule of gun stores in order to earn his repeat business.

>can't even read between the lines on his own post
Having a zero tolerance policy for that kind of bullshit is the store owners decision. If your gun store has such a problem with people bringing in loaded weapons, then maybe you should take a step back and recognize that they probably service retards and you shouldn't shop there.

>watch me completely disregard the entire context of what you said to make me feel like I won this debate

id buy it.

>the rule is broken all the time!
>therefore anyone who breaks the rule shouldn't be punished!
How fucking dense are you?

Again, its a common thing that happens. Ask any gun shop. If you turned away everyone who did something stupid with a firearm, you would lose half of your customer base. You are ignorant to think yours or asshole Joe's shop is any different.

Again, its not about the rule, it was about the needless insult. On average, word of mouth will influence 7 possible clients. Ask any business this. So when you said that guys gun was shitx he probably told between 5 and 10 people how rude and unhelpful joe was. That is my point. You stupid motherfucker.

Do you just not know how to argue or what? These points directly contradict each other.
>he shouldn't have kicked him out for breaking the rule. Ewwybawdy duz it!
>I wasn't talking about him being kicked out for the rule breaking, it waz da insult!
Absolutely baffling.

Attached: be9.gif (500x245, 1019K)

Are we all going to ignore that the guy got called out and instead of apologizing or at least grumbling and agreeing to follow rules; argues and implies hes above the rules? Im not surprised he was insulted desu

>be me
>at local gun store with fiancé
>retard in town from north omaha tries to rob the place
>he got shot almost instantly
>he had a fucking airsoft rifle
This next one is a bit weird
>be me
>at gun store
>this time I'm alone
>2 guys arguing about the mosin
>they both sound like they're from New England
>one of them is a landwhale and happen to have one of those in town
>literally no one here sounds like that
>pick out the bolt that I need
>as I'm walking away hear metal hitting the floor
>turn around and see what's happening
>the landwhale has started disassembling the mosin and throwing the parts at the other guy
>landwhale is reeeing about something
>my fucking sides
>other guy has had enough of this
>starts picking up parts
>he fucking walks over to the counter and throws half of the parts in Aron's (clerk) face
>whatthefuck.jpg
>tell the guy to fuck off
>he tries to throw the bolt at me
>he throws like a fucking girl
>Aron kicks him out
>landwhale walks off into the forest
We stilll haven't found him

When did I say he shouldnt have been removed? If you could follow a thread, you would see I understand why he was kicked out. What I dont understand is why joe would would further hurt his reputation by insulting the guys gun.

I wasnt defending the, but instead calling out joe for being a cunt.

Him*

>High dollar or not, he was a customer and any shop owner will tell you that a repeat customer is better than a one time big buy. You dont know if he was going to come back for something else later.
Directly implies that he should not be kicked out. That and your defense of people bringing loaded weapons into gun stores by saying that everyone does it.

Why do you care, user? None of this matters anyway.

That doesnt mean he could not have returned to the store ever again without a loaded gun.

It doesnt. I dont know why this has gone this far.

Theres a chink SKS for 395 at my lgs that I really fucking want but I don't have the money ughhhhh

Yes, their never gonna be that low again. they sell the bubbafied ones in my local stores for 495$. 75 dollars more than normal...