I don't need a permit where I live to OC. Should I do it? Is it cringeworthy?

I don't need a permit where I live to OC. Should I do it? Is it cringeworthy?

Attached: open-carry-2.jpg (225x341, 20K)

For what raisin?

Because I don't have a cc permit and am annoyed that I have to take a two hour class on how to be a relatively smart adult.

Largely depends where you live.

Open carry in Texas or Arizona? No one gives a shit.

Open carry in Virginia? Widemouth stares and a soccermom calling the cops because she has no idea this is legal.

You should take classes regularly anyway. Concealed carrying without constant and consistent doesn't do anyone much good.

It is indeed Virginia. I just moved here from a town over in TN and realized OC is legal.

Depends are you like 75% retards here who can't wait to "ventilate niggers" or you actually gonna respect people and not do anything stupid while open carrying.

Yes.If the out of the closet militant gun owner makes people uncomfortable, good. Fuck them.

There are very few blacks where I live regardless. And nah I don't have shit to prove to anybody. I left that in my 20's.

>having to take classes regularly in order to carry your own property as you wish, in the interest of your own life’s defense
SHALL

You'll want to spend the money for a CC because you'll get hassled by cops and moms 24/7 worried that you're going to shoot the place up despite it being perfectly legal. You'll win every court case if it comes to it but it will not prevent the incessant nagging.

unfortunately these are the shit classes that don't teach you anything useful. Remember driver's ed?

Get the CC license. OC is only useful for making statements or when you dont want to leave your gun in your car.

Just get the permit. There is no advantage to OC these days that isn't massively outweighed by the disadvantages.

The only place I've even seriously considered OCing was a machine gun shoot and gun rights rally I went to recently, and even then I didn't because none of my holsters are actively retentive.

If that's you you're already cringe-worthy.

Hmmm good man. Just get a good holster that will retain your handgun,I normally see a lot of people OC with those Nylon holsters kinda wierd,but they tell me thier light weight and have a spare mag pouch on it.

>Should I do it?
Yes, do it.
>Is it cringeworthy?
That is an irrelevant question. Even if it is, then it is the state's fault for prohibiting permitless persons to CC.

>Virginia
>Very few blacks

Pick one. There are more black people than nonblacks of any type in VA. Virginia got BLACK'd

Fuck you ignorant garbage

He probably means he lives in a predominately white county,i live in Georgia in a mostly white county,but I still carry either way I don't trust anyone idc what color you are.

I think the type of people who oc don't give a shit what people think. If a soccer mom or some numale comes up and starts throwing a hissy fit they'd be able to calmly tell them to fuck off without losing their spaghetti. I'd say you shouldn't do it because you asking us makes me think you're not this type of person in this situation.

retard

>two hour class

Shit, mine was eight. Swallow your pride and take the class or CC anyway, you pussy.

You're not wrong but do you really want to do that every single day, possibly multiple times a day, because it is contrary to the general culture of your surroundings?

You can legally wear a shirt that says NIGGER on it too. Tell anyone that doesn't support your free speech to stop having a hissy fit.

Yeah that's mainly why I was asking. I don't want to put up with a huge ordeal every time I go to the grocery store. Might CC but the class really just kills it for me. I dislike the gun culture here and do not think I could deal with the people there, either.

Honestly I wish I could just carry what I want how I want without having to jump all of these ridiculous hoops. I wish there was a loophole of some kind one could take advantage of or something.

If I just cc'd anyway what kind of punishment am I looking at if I use it in self defense?

Not dying.

>I dislike the gun culture here and do not think I could deal with the people there, either.

If you "can't deal" with some mouthbreathers you'll never see again for two hours to get your CC permit, you probably shouldn't be walking around armed with anything.

>Honestly I wish I could just carry what I want how I want without having to jump all of these ridiculous hoops.

I agree Constitutional Carry is the best option, but you have to deal with what you have. The penalties for getting caught carrying without a license, no matter how blatantly unconstitutional such licenses are, are not worth forgoing the permit.

If your state is like mine, getting the permit will allow you to skip the NICS check at every gun purchase you make until the permit expires anyway, which on its own makes it worth it.

Felony if in a restricted area
Misdemeanor in safe area
Felony for Murder
Justified if found not guilty

Nigger please. Texas fag here and you couldnt OC without getting harassed by every cop and his brother here.

Mobius plz

>Texas
Wth? I thought Texas was gun friendly I thought everyone carried down there

Leftists are locusts.
California is ruining Texas, just like they ruined Oregon and Washington.

You'll win every court case AND counter sue.

Fuck off back to your redneck board, you whiny pussy.

If you want to, do it.

In many rural areas, it won't draw a second glance. In most non-rural areas, people who notice it will generally assume you're an off-duty or retired cop unless the rest of your appearance makes that unbelievable. Major cities and their surrounding suburbs are the only places you're really looking at soccer moms in your face all the time.

Now OCing a long gun is a whole other thing, and will get second looks even in most rural areas. But that isn't what you asked about.

>I wish there was a loophole of some kind
Here in IN, you need a permit whether open or concealed (which is bullshit). But pre-1899 guns don't count, so you can carry (open or concealed) an old cartridge revolver with no collector value, possibly with a modern cylinder. Check your state laws to see if antiques count.

Honestly, Texas has always been shittier than its PR would suggest (e.g. zipgun law that bans all homemade firearms), but it's been getting worse with the flood of californians.

Back to where you came from, leech.

Attached: 1514855330831.jpg (1200x900, 127K)

>Should I do it?
Meh, depends on circumstance to the extreme. But If you do so THEN USE A FUCKING RETENTION HOLSTER. Buy a safari land too, not one of those glockleg inducing basic bitch bladetechs. You've also gotta be way more paranoid about peoples standing behind or around you and such while OC'ing. Suffice it to say you wouldn't be the first OC'er to get bricked by a crackhead in a checkout lane for the 300 streetbux on his hip.
>Is it cringeworthy?
To the extreme. Everyone will judge you for it unless you're doing so in some sort of irregular circumstance. If you work a pawnshop i nthe ghetto for instance, then people will probably understand. going to home depot in suburbia on the other hand, is gonna raise a bit of ire.

>Concealed carrying without constant and consistent doesn't do anyone much good.
Without constant and consistent what? Learn to write in complete sentences, you fucking Mongoloid.

>e.g. zipgun law that bans all homemade firearms
homemade firearms are not banned in texas, brainlet

Virginia will also accept online training. I paid $20 for a course, skipped to the test, and printed my certificate.

No shit? Link?

Can't pin this one on Cali expats. Texas has an evangelical authoritarian streak a mile wide. They were fighting tooth and nail to prevent the CHL bill back in 1995 along with Ann Richards veto. It wasn't until GW that it got signed. We didn't get castle doctrine or motorist protection laws until 2007. We didn't get open carry with a LTC until 2015.

Let's not even dig into not being able to buy my weekly beer on Sundays before noon, or getting charged with bootlegging for having a case of beer in your backseat and crossing a county line.

This. Too many fat Mexicans that get flash backs of the cartel when they see you

>Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor;

If you're current or ex mil you're exempt from having a course at all.

This. Authoritarian evangelical Christians are worse than fucking commies. They'll fuck you in the ass with shitty laws and tell you its good for you.

Yes it is cringeworthy

T. Nigger

Go for it if you are not fat. Wear nice pants and a tucked in shirt. Everyone will assume you're a cop if you act confident and dress well.

so much for seperation of church and state. How are these not laws about subjective morals?

What the fuck do you think law is? Statists are going to trample on your rights. That is what they do.

Texas has always been more purple than red.

Austin as a tech base back in the 80's is basically a mirror image of silicone valley.

There are plenty of anti gun people in Austin Texas and they have always been there.

Rooster Teeth, Yeti Coolers and more.

I mean I knew it was bad but telling people they can't buy a LEGAL SUBSTANCE on a CERTAIN DAY OF THE WEEK??????
That's just asinine.

It attracts unwanted attention but go ahead.

soccermom baiting is the national winter sport of Jow Forums

>spending money to carry

What a faggot.

>Nova
>virginia

There a distinct difference.

>escalate any situation

Attached: a76.png (2518x1024, 489K)

Go choke on girl dick tranny

Oh no! Not two hours!
How much time have you spent on Jow Forums just today?

They also accept prior military service.

Nah, the bulk of the people, even *most* gun owners think it's trashy. Concealed carry only.

I always carry and I find open carry really trashy. It's just not socially polite and it carries an autistic disregard for unspoken social rules (for those too autistic to know, following unspoken social rules well is the best way to advancing in career or with women, it's important).

>Is it cringeworthy?

generally yes

NAWT

Fuck off leftist nigger

The phrase "separation of church and state" appears nowhere in the Constitution. Churches are protected from the government, the reverse is not true.

>hating on someone breaking unconstitutional gun laws

I bet you're a cop and I hope Daquan blows you away for no reason.

Attached: 1519840515095.jpg (640x466, 23K)

>legal
It isn't legal; it is excise taxed. It is only legal for people willing to bribe the government into allowing them to have it without a fight.

Can you open carry a long gun?
Carry a shotgun with a belt made out of shells and 4 revolvers on you for maximum autism.

Virginian here. I've never seen anyone get screwed over here. It's fairly common in Hampton roads.

>75% retards here who can't wait to "ventilate niggers"

If blacks are still hated after 100 years of civil rights propaganda there must be something wrong with them. Any other decent ethnicity or race would have already adapted to society and share a similar culture.

>And nah I don't have shit to prove to anybody.

You talk like a melanin enriched individual. If you are white you should be ashamed of the way you express yourself.

Ok it looks autistic but it shouldn't be illegal.

You guys are pussies. Why wouldn't you open carry when you have a chance? The more you hide your guns from society the more anti gun it becomes.

Colorado? Generally speaking it won't win the 2A any friends but if needs to be done I guess. Just remember to take the appropriate attitude with you. Dress nicely. Never start fights and try as hard as possible to deescalate whenever you can. Don't be THAT guy that can never let someone else get the last word. It'll be frustrating but that's the price of carrying openly.

Yes. You would be a fool not to be armed.

Hey OP, just take the online "Virginia hunter-ed" course for your "proof of handgun competency." It's like $30 and you can get that shit done in about an hour. Print off your certificate and bring it into your local Circuit Court. From there, just fill out some paperwork, pay $50, and wait for your cc permit to arrive in the mail. It's actually that easy. You could have your concealed carry permit application processing by tomorrow morning if you wanted to get it done quickly. Just thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Attached: 20100115152653!Virginia_new_sign.jpg (1386x954, 241K)