Ashlands Revival Thread 2

Ashlands Revival Thread 2
Last Thread: New Discord link: discord.gg/yFcFGv

>Welcome to the Ashlands, Outlander
>The Ashlands is a group project/collaboration from Jow Forums based around one simple question: What would the US look like if the Yellowstone volcano erupted? Quickly throwing reality and science to the side (because let's be honest, the reality would be horrifying but ultimately pretty boring) Jow Forumsommandos quickly came up with the idea that there are 4 zones that are transformed by the Ash, or the Grey, as the natives call it. The Outer Zone, Inner Zone, Deep Zone, and The Dead Zone. The deeper one travels into the Grey, the stranger things become, and men who have made it into the Dead Zone are never seen again.

Attached: Yellowstone-volcano-eruption-caldera-map-1297010.png (674x438, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/New_Chicago_Armory_.22
strawpoll.com/wr1g2y5h
ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/AR-01?venotify=created
discord.gg/qTf6VQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First post of new thread!

So TN and NC immediately unionize in the event of an eruption?

A 2 month tour in the ash makes the arctic winters seem not that bad

heres a compilation of all the stuff ive done so far for the ozark republic
if anyone has any suggestions or feedback please let me know.
for now ill be focusing on the expeditionary forces lore because i want to do some writefaggotry of them later

>that feel when new england will never make america united under Theodore Roosevelt style imperialism

who the fuck said we wouldn't

United States of New England for life

CC / NCS are bros though, they can join peacefully

Attached: stamped 9mm.png (681x675, 15K)

How long will the ash last in the outer zone?

Repost
I just completed an equipment article on the wikia. Criticism?ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/New_Chicago_Armory_.22

Post Ash Animals
>Grey Bears (biggass polar bears that came down during the longer and colder winters)
>Bear sized raccoons
>Similarly sized Elk In massive herds
>Normal sized moose

Pic related is current map, Partially out of date
Two new factions currently in the works.

>Ozark Republic
Also see >Penn Technocracy
The Penn Technocracy is a city-state made up of the old Penn State campus of University park and surrounding areas. It lies just outside of ADF territory and has regular trade with the ADF and many other successor nations in the north east. It is lead by the former department heads of the college and is one of very few bastions of old world knowledge in the north east.
The Technocracy regularly sends out armed expeditions into the ashlands, usually supported by mercenaries invested in their cause or Penn citizens, to study the peoples, flora, fauna and to search for lost technologies.
Expeditions never enter the deep ashlands, but preparations are being made for such a journey, involving rare armored transports and possibly aircraft, but the latter seems unlikely.
20 years post rupture
>The Technocracy has finally obtained enough equipment to venture into the deep ashlands
>Over 1,000 men volunteer for the endeavor, many acknowledging they will not return
>They set off from the Technocracies furthest fob in the ashlands in nebraska.
> The expedition enters the deep ashlands 3 months after they set out.

Forgive me if I missed any.

Attached: MapWIP10.jpg (593x480, 55K)

probably should have put the map in

Attached: missouri_simple.gif (1412x1061, 558K)

Having spoken to people who actually were affected by the ash fallout in Washington and Oregon, what I learned was this.
>Volcanic ash is more like sand and terrible for the lungs
>worms will crawl to the surface after it rains in an ash fallout.
>Volcanic ash will destroy a VW bug engine.
Other than that, volcanic ash is great for the soil.

this is the latest map, bud

Attached: Ashlands_Please_Stop_Making_Me_Update_This_Map_Final_CB.png (1455x1177, 449K)

no it aint? thats way out of date.

Oh, is it? Neat, but It wasn't on the wiki.

Reconstituted dairy farms ain't free the ground gotta to be littered with the pieces of the torn up SAFE act and new englander blood
Emperor governor-general cuomo aka homo ain't my successor president and most likely on ashwalker payroll as well
bananas and drums not clips and sore thumbs okay praise jebus

Attached: 894037509825.png (1280x976, 393K)

???

Wiki's shit and out of date, no one's updated it in ages

This is the official mission of the great expedition

For 20 long years, the Technocracy has never ventured into what is known as the "deep ashlands". Since the rupture of the yellowstone super volcano, many rumors have persisted of lost technology and scientific knowledge , hidden away in the deep ashlands. It is our intention to find this lost knowledge and utilize it to it's fullest potential! I know many may fall victim to the dangers of the ashlands, but take comfort that your loss will not be in vain, and that your sacrifice will help your loved ones back home! Godspeed, all of you.

i may have only just started writing, but ive lurked here for a while and that it most certainly not the map.

Alright, thanks for bringing it my attention. We'll use this as a base from now on. Any other changes, be nice if you could let us know about them

im planning on doing some writefaggotry about an expeditionary private encountering a tribe of ash people and worrying if his expedition is going into the dead zone. any suggestions?

It’s actually from the old discord that decided not to keep it going on Jow Forums they basically went rogue

Gonna fluff some weapons for the technocracy

the one first posted is the one both the current discords and the past few threads have been using. if you had a problem with it you should have brought it up earlier.

if you need any help, i just finished an article about a weapon. check it out if you want, and if you like it we could collab if you want. ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/New_Chicago_Armory_.22

That ain’t me I’m jsut saying that it was created by the original group that drifted away from Jow Forums

This new map issue has brought up a few problems. Quite a few new writers have had parts or the entirety of their writing cut out by the revelation of this new map. It seems unfair to scrap all their work because a map wasn't updated on a public wiki for a collaborative project. It seems this new map came from a Super Skerit discord that most new people wouldn't know about. Considering said discord hasn't contributed publicly in months, I propose something new.

Discord ashlands and Jow Forums ashlands split. Discord ashlands keep to themselves with their map, and Jow Forums ashlands do own own thing as well.
Post your thoughts.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 77K)

Keep the Great Lakes Coalition. Rolls off the tongue.

This, but certain aspects should be brought over

okay. i was just stating what was discussed on the discord.
i tried not to come off as an asshole.

I'm designing some stuff (read, abominations) in pimp my gun.

Just to verify. Discord Ashlands is the Super Sekrit new map

The discord happened because there wasn't enough interest on Jow Forums to keep the project going

i think the old map should be the standard. splitting seems like a bad idea to me.

A unified setting would be much better, there aren't enough people doing this to have a split setting

agreed, I was old guard and was never informed about the super sekrit discord and the new map makes half the lore I created/help create null

then lets have a vote.

Got some Carolina Confederacy writefaggotry for you, hot off the press:

This is the official attestation of Colonel Joeffery Maxamillian Burnside, 2nd Carolina Cavalry, Military Adjutant to the President of the Carolina Confederacy located in Raleigh.
Those hot headed Charlestonians were speaking in Parliament, going at it again last month. Demanding this time that they were allowed to levy whatever tariff they wished on incoming goods in their port. The President had to remind them that tariffs were a power specifically granted to the Federal Government by the articles of confederacy, and any violation would result in a blockade of Fort Sumter. That last part sure made them quiet.
When the new delegate from the westernmost substate in the Confederacy, Franklin they called themselves, spoke afterward… I remember it clear as day. His voice made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. His words brushed across my ear like a winter wind as he spoke them, giving me a slight chill even though it was a muggy summer evening. He was a gaunt, almost skeletal man; pale as a new moon, with dark eyes that were set too deep into his skull.
He stated his name for the record keeper: Elijah Crow. Without hesitating he led directly into the reason he had come to Raleigh: Franklin was issuing an official declaration of secession from the Confederacy. A hush fell over the Parliament a few heartbeats long before the shouting began. One of the delegates, a man from the easternmost part of what had once been North Carolina, grabbed his walking cane and walked toward the lectern with murder in his eyes. Only a tussle with the sergeant at arms prevented mortal violence. Crow closed his notebook and walked out of the assembly, his long black coat tails rebounded jeers and expletives as he left the building./1

It soon became clear that the Columbians were funneling arms and material to the Franklinites. During the battle of Greensboro, they launched napalm mortars into the old town. The wooden buildings went up like tender, killing thousands in the firestorm. After that, the war changed. It became total.

It would be almost 18 months before I saw Crow again, deep in the Appalachian mountains near the town of Cherokee, the de facto capital after Asheville had been burned. It had been a long, bloody campaign against the Franklinites—they knew the mountains well. My cavalry was used to maneuver warfare on horseback on the coastal plains, trampling the cotton and tobacco fields. Dismounted and at altitude, our sabers didn’t shine as brightly in the mountain fog. But the numbers couldn’t lie, the Franklinites never stood a chance against the might of the united Confederacy. Crow’s rebellion had already cost tens of thousands of lives, and this was the final battle against his diehards in their mountain stronghold./2

The fighting so far had been brutal, and both sides expected no mercy. This war ended here. There were no Franklinite survivors.

In the end, we found Crow in his safe room, slumped to one side in a chair behind a large wooden desk. His thin arms swinging slightly from side to side, the only sound in the room was a slow drip as his blood leaked out of a self-inflicted gunshot to the temple. When I inspected him more closely, I noticed that his blood was not red, but a dark gray. Almost ashen.

On his desk was a note, scribbled in a language I couldn’t read. One of the commandos in the room told me it was Ashlander script, he had been part of military expedition years before and had learned to read it. I asked him what it said; he replied that it was a dialect he wasn’t completely familiar with, but the best he could figure it was addressed to some kind of religious figure. The greeting was indecipherable, but the body of the note gave thanks.

It ended with a sentence written in clear Ashlander:

>the prophecy rings true, all proceeds as foretold. All will be ash. All will be black:We will inherit this new hell, it is his will.

strawpoll.com/wr1g2y5h

What exactly is ashlander

You can't keep a good Ohioan down. Also its called pop you degenerates. S*da is what you use on stains when you are at a bar.

Attached: oh.png (1600x985, 62K)

Thinking about the map issue, I propose making a new map by taking the old map and sekrit discord map and taking peices from both so both parties are happy

Missing the United Denver Army on this one.

Not necessarily missing, I'm guessing the UDA might not have been updated so it got dropped.

Fuck Greensboro btw

People trapped in the disaster zone that may or not have minor mutations but absolutely went tribal.

And the Combined Canadian Confederation (made up of the Territories and BC)

I meant the language

If I was behind their lore I would say they were militaristic as fuck. Pretty far inside the disaster zone made of veterans, preppers, and militia. Setting up monitoring stations to note down the effects the grey is having while trying fruitlessly to set up working communications.
The way he worded it was pretty clumsy but it may or may not be an eldritch language. Considering how quickly the tribals picked up on it after only a decade I'd err on the side of caution.

The primary combat rifle produced by the Technocracy is the AR-01 (Automatic Rifle-01) which is chambered in .308

Attached: AR-01 (.308).png (745x215, 20K)

voting on the poll has ended. the clear winner is the wiki map.

i wouldnt think plastic would be easy to come by in a post industrial world.

Who said it was plastic?

thats what it looks like in the pic.

so now that that is settled, is there any elements that people would like to bring from the thread map to the wiki map?

I'll fluff it out more on the wiki, but the construction will be all steel, with some polymer components

i personally like the idea of bumping the timeline up from 20PA to 75PA. same map, different time.

The primary Carbine produced by the Technocracy is the AC-01 (Automatic Carbine-01) which is chambered in 5.56

Attached: AC-01 (5.56).png (598x188, 19K)

I don't know man that many years after I doubt there would be much left to loot other than artifacts.

>eldritch language

Pretty much what I had in mind.

nah, i think there would be plenty by that time. id say by the time things get really fugged would be 200 or 300PA

I would like the addition of the PRC but have them more of in California, Oregon and southern Washington

Tfw you can stuff your face with Jrecks subs as NYC fags starve to death, fucking feels good man. Only downside is all these goddamn raiders from up North, Canada must be fucked if we're getting this much traffic.

now, back to writfagging.

the expeditionary forces main weapons are either M-14 replicas or a bolt action similar to a hybrid of a M1903 and a Kar-98. some M-14s have been modified for fully auto.

these weapons have been chosen both for simplicity and the fact that they use no polymer/plastic. this is because wood is in abundance in the republic and polymer/plastic is hard to come by in a post industrial world. FN-FALs are also not uncommon among expeditionary groups, however they use wooden furniture.

More like Asslands

XM-45A1
Standard issue rifle for the Great Lakes Coalition. a long-range, fully automatic .45 carbine. Made of wood and iron, no plastic parts to be seen.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 11.25.44 PM.png (842x387, 66K)

One of the most important, and most well guarded secret of the Technocracy is it's ability to recycle plastics and turn them into more efficient polymer compounds using spare organic materials as common as plant stalks. This compound is most prominently seen in the weapons of the Technocracy, which incorporate the compound among the mostly steel construction of their firearms.

Anyone wanna help me with lore writing? I could use a proofreader for my new article im finishing up

>canadian raiders
aka free foot-delivered sks and chinkshit

fucking ashbacks can't wait to get their furry paws all over our syrup forests
can't wait to see their faces when they realize we don't sell it in bags

Attached: ashback_scum.jpg (301x196, 38K)

ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/AR-01?venotify=created
Link to the new wiki article on the AR-01

Yorkies go home!

Attached: springfield special purpose carbine.png (950x523, 22K)

Is there a discord someone can link?
Also are there specific ones
like one just for Ozarks, Texas, Alaska or is there just a general one.

There is a general discord
discord.gg/qTf6VQ

>Not using polymers
>Pipes for barrels
>Wire stock
Come back when you have a decent combat weapon primitive

Hold up niggas I Ain't dead.
I liked what you did with the UDA, going to expand the lore and stuff in a bit.

You are...?

Forgot to namefag.
I don't mind what was retconned, didn't change much and I'll continue with the plan to make DIA a spoopy bunker complex

Ah, good to see you here

>stock/fire selector closely behind slide

Attached: 1527169517686.jpg (599x357, 24K)

>Be five days ago
>Be innaash
>Scrounging around, looking for pre eruption tech to sell to traders
>Stumble into building submerged in the gray
This thing had to be at least 2 stories, multiple rooms. Would have been very comfy if not almost entirely buried

>Dark inside, not sure if I should go in
>I light a flare and toss it in
>Almost on que, an ungodly screeching comes from the darkness
>Imagine a combination of a woman being raped and a goat being hung
>Now make that really fucking loud
>I get the fuck out of there
>Every night since iv heard something moving around outside my camp
>It sounds like it has multiple pairs of legs, all moving in unison, like a giant centipede.
>I think i'll be cutting this salvaging trip short

Guess I'll go ahead and namefag for the thread then. I get the feeling the UDA probably doesn't have much in the way of industry to churn out lots of advanced new firearms. We going for mostly US military holdovers and data-for-guns deals with other nations or do you have designs you want to put forward?

The DMR-01 is the Technocracy's answer to long ranged combat. It is chambered in 7.62x51.

Attached: DMR-01 (7.62x51).png (885x217, 32K)

Oh, woah that's actually how you tripfag? Never even tried it before.

Bring it chieftainBernieJr-boi

I have over 300 confirmed ashback detainment's and am arguably the most competent quartermaster in the entire RNYM district 5 forces. As we speak I am contacting my network of corrupt superior officers who most likely operate the local MRE/air-filter black markets so you better prepare for the storm tanskin. The storm that may or may not be a seasonal dust storm depending on the prevailing winds that wipes out the pristine beautiful farmlands you call your New England arable land that we depend on for huge amounts of NYC refugees life(s)
your dead libbo

Attached: RNYM_service_rifle.jpg (1024x322, 72K)

Since we have a more militaristic aproach, we try our best that our troops have standard issue equipment, that causes that anyone other than the army have anything they can get their hands on, but it's mainly ARs, in contrast to the standard issue AK rifles the UDA has.

who was the user who said they would help make a flag for the ozark republic? any word on that?

Right here
Currently Ive been studying a bit more on the land with Wikipedia and looking at a lot of examples of Missouri flags and seals.

Im working on a draft or template of some examples i have.

thanks man. as soon as you get that out ill start work on the history lore of the republic.

>tfw you wanna be a naval power but no pacific fleet and theres only the shitty mediterranean fleet

Attached: download.png (224x225, 7K)

Hmmm, thinking of changing the theme of the UDA entirely, i made the faction when the ashlands first started and i slapped everything together in paint.
I'm thinking about expanding south, probably get a border with the Mojave Union and control some AZ, NM and CO. Need Name Ideas, open to suggestion.

planning on making some a journal entry type story about a private in the ozark expeditionary forces.
its going to focus on his interaction with a group of ash people and him worrying if his expedition is going in the dead zone.

journal starts off the story by talking about his encounter with the tribes of ash people hes come into contact with in the inner zone. it goes on to his expedition travelling to the deep zone, a place that only two other expeditions have gone too. he wonders whether the expedition will be going to canada or to the dead zone.

if anyone wants to see more ill start writing. suggestions and feed back are appreciated.

Can we please have some kind of anarchist faction like Freedom from stalker. My idea for something like it is this
>Based entirely in the deep zone
>entire purpose is to keep ensure that the deep zone is kept free from any centralized government
>Also want to ensure safe access into the deep and dead zone (but not necessarily safety within)
>No actual territory besides a couple militia bases around the deep zone
>faction is made up of several militia bases, all with their own agreed upon leaders, military formations, and governance systems(within the base itself)
>At war with any government within the deep zone
>will probably be the first faction to inhabit the dead zone
I don't know what their name should be though. I think borrowing freedom from stalker might actually be the best option.

im gonna start writing history for the republic soon, but my general idea is that it started when some people from the lake of the ozarks city state decided to blanda upp and create one big faction. eventually more and more city states and rural areas joined up and by 20PA we have the current borders

I have a strong feeling Los Angeles would still exist in some sense, it has a great geographic location and a shit ton of built up infrastructure

Free Denver army expeditionary forces log
30 P.A,11:13 pM, June 5

This is lieutenant Jacobs fitch commanding officer of the Free denver Army corps 3. heading into ashjumper territory to recover An "apc" ancient technology much older then anyone under my command i was told. Ok with that out of the way i can finally say whats on my mind. First i think my mask is going off on its own. i can hear a slight wheezing sound when i push down on it. other then that the guys are getting a bit restless. being inside the ash is bad enough for us even if we were born into in but the deep zone is different. gonna make camp soon and hope the storm subsides soon. those "guides" command hired are fucking creeping me out too. anyway the storms getting bad now and we gotta make camp.

>want to ensure safe access into the deep and dead zone
that's kinda the job of the UDA, but i like the idea, they could be a main enemy of the UDA.

the problem is that California is kind of an archipelago now.